PDA

View Full Version : How much did the Rose trade really save?

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 02:09 PM
If Mohammed walks, as expected, then the Spurs will have given up a proven backup big and one ideal for "small ball" as well as two 1st round picks for a year's lease of Mohammed. Of course, the Spurs won't be done. They'll need to add at least one big this summer to make up for the loss of Mohammed. Ideally, they find a big who can defend the perimeter and do well in an up and down game.

If they cannot find a big who could play in the open court game like Rose, then no amount of payroll reduction can justify the trade. Add to that two 1st round picks which could've addressed current needs at other positions. Two 1st round picks in the hands of one of the best scouting departments, if not the best, in the NBA.

The worst trade by the Spurs in the Tim Duncan era. Second is trading away their pick when Barbosa and Howard were available in '03.

I'm glad we have Payroll Savings or whatever to cheer for in this year's Finals.

Mr. Body
06-07-2006, 02:13 PM
We wouldn't have had a center in last year's playoffs without this trade. Nesterovic was hurt.

MadDog73
06-07-2006, 02:14 PM
I think missing out on Howard was worse...

Malik was not worth the money. The two draft picks are costly, sure...

Here's a interesting question: Would Spurs have won in 2005 without Mohammed?

You know, if we had beaten the Mavs, this whole point would be moot. 30 seconds to victory, and Spurs fans act like we screwed up everything by trading Malik?!?

ducks
Get Over It

SPARKY
We wouldn't have had a center in last year's playoffs without this trade. Nesterovic was hurt.

Maybe his pride was hurt, but otherwise he was fine.

ducks
06-07-2006, 02:15 PM
question if rasho left to with rose would that made you feel better MB

ducks
06-07-2006, 02:17 PM
who predicted small ball would be here now?

scola is alot like rose
scola is cheaper then rose
if you owned the team who do you keep?

SPARKY

Malik was not worth the money. The two draft picks are costly, sure...

How much would it have been worth to see the Spurs advance in this playoffs? Now you have to go out and spend money to replace what you gave up. The delta isn't Rose's full salary. It's considerably less. I'm glad we have that to cheer on starting tomorrow night.

Here's a interesting question: Would Spurs have won in 2005 without Mohammed?

Yes. Nesterovic could've been the placeholder until Horry entered the games.

SPARKY
question if rasho left to with rose would that made you feel better MB

Instead of.

ducks
06-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Instead of.
thomas wanted both not just rasho

MadDog73
06-07-2006, 02:20 PM
How much would it have been worth to see the Spurs advance in this playoffs? Now you have to go out and spend money to replace what you gave up. The delta isn't Rose's full salary as your "savings". Nesterovic could've been the placeholder until Horry entered the games.

I'm not convinced.

Winning the Championship last year was worth trading Malik and 2 picks for Nazr.

I'm also not convinced Malik would have won the series this year, although obviously anything he gave would be better than having Rasho and Nazr sit on the bench.

Of course, if we drafted Howard...

ducks
06-07-2006, 02:20 PM
to bad larry brown is leaving he likes pop maybe he could get thomas to take rasho

Mr. Body
06-07-2006, 02:27 PM
I'm just impressed Isiah got two picks out of the deal. That actually seems somewhat savvy.

ducks
06-07-2006, 02:27 PM
javotskas is cheaper then rose to

strangeweather
06-07-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm just impressed Isiah got two picks out of the deal. That actually seems somewhat savvy.
Remember that the Spurs 1st rounders aren't worth as much as a lot of teams' picks, because it's pretty safe to assume they're going to be in the 25-30 range.

MadDog73
06-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Bottom line, Josh Howard > Malik, Rasho and probably any draft picks.

So, that trade was worse.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Without Nazr we don't win the Championship last year, even if we had Rose this year, the Heat probably would have Own3d us with Rasho as our only big man

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Shaq would've fouled out Nazr in fewer minutes.

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Remember that the Spurs 1st rounders aren't worth as much as a lot of teams' picks, because it's pretty safe to assume they're going to be in the 25-30 range.

Those picks are worth plenty in the hands of the Spurs' player-personnel staff.

strangeweather
06-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Bottom line, Josh Howard > Malik, Rasho and probably any draft picks.

So, that trade was worse.
Howard was drafted in 2003 -- he wasn't part of the Rose-Nazr trade.

strangeweather
06-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Those picks are worth plenty in the hands of the Spurs' player-personnel staff.
Agreed, most of the time. But so are 2nd rounders, for that matter.

As a counterpoint, remember that they could be worth Beno x 2, though.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-07-2006, 02:56 PM

Rasho and Malik would be in foul trouble before the game even started

SenorSpur
06-07-2006, 03:12 PM

Exactly and Thank You!!!!!!!

Someone has finally reiterated what I'm on record as claiming for some time in this forum.

Failing to draft the 2003 ACC College Player of the Year, in Howard, was a collossal blunder. The timing of this blunder is only compounded because of a couple of other scenarios that had either already taken place or would likely have occurred during that fateful summer of 2003.

1. Stephen Jackson had just turned down the Spurs contract offer and was "heading out the door" and would eventually sign with Atlanta.

2. The Spurs were "hell-bent" on angling to bring in Jason Kidd. Kidd, while obviously a very talented, yet very expensive PG (90 mil), was something the Spurs didn't need. Since NJ made it clear they were going to do everything to resign Kidd or get compensation in return, you have to believe any type of S&T would have likely cost the Spurs either Manu, TP or both. How'd that one turn out?

3. Howard would have been THE ideal replacement for Jackson and he would absolutely been the answer to the ongoing search for the "athletic, defensive-minded, swingman" that many of us (and the Spurs) have long desired.

4. Having Howard in the silver and black could have possibly altered the balance of what transpired during the Spurs/Mavs series. Can you imagine the Spurs having both Howard and Finley, rather than Barry and Finley?

As brilliant as the Spurs brass have been in identifying international talent, they "screwed the pooch" on this one. Now we will all get to sit back and watch this guy become a star on a rival team within our division. Make no mistake, this guy IS on his way to becoming a star in this league.

The bottom line is the Spurs would have been better off investing in Josh Howard than gambling on any other player they've acquired or had interest in since Manu.

z0sa
06-07-2006, 03:22 PM
cry already... whats done is done.

ChumpDumper
06-07-2006, 03:24 PM
It saved money.

The Spurs are a business and, even as Moneybags Cuban has done, they got rid of a player not worth the money he was being paid.

MadDog73
06-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Howard was drafted in 2003 -- he wasn't part of the Rose-Nazr trade.

Right, re-read what SPARKY is saying.

The worst trade by the Spurs in the Tim Duncan era. Second is trading away their pick when Barbosa and Howard were available in '03.
He's saying trading Malik was worse than giving away the pick that would have landed Howard.

That's just wrong. Not only am I not convinced trading Malik was wrong, but even it it was wrong, it certainly was not worse than missing out on the Maverick's second/third leading scorer! (the ppg between Terry and Howard are miniscule)

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Great, so instead of overpaying a player whose skill set they could've used, they didn't have what they needed.

leemajors
06-07-2006, 03:39 PM
rose on the team doesn't mean we beat dallas, sorry.

MadDog73
06-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Great, so instead of overpaying a player whose skill set they could've used, they didn't have what they needed.

OK, you have to prove to me that not trading Malik:

1. Wouldn't have cost us the 2005 Championship.

2. Would have guaranteed at 2006 Championship (remember, we would face the Heat even if we beat the Mavs, with Rasho and Rose. Not inspiring.)

3. After you do that, you still have to explain why you think Howard would not be better than Malik, since you claim the Malik trade is worse.

Good luck.

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 03:41 PM
rose on the team doesn't mean we beat dallas, sorry.

It has before.

MadDog73
06-07-2006, 03:42 PM
It has before.

Dallas has changed. For one thing they got this great new player late in the Draft... what was his name? Oh, yeah, Josh Howard.

ducks
06-07-2006, 03:46 PM
It has before.
not with your great overrated aj on as coach it has not
with don no d at all yes

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 03:47 PM
As for Perry Mason,

1. Mohammed as key factor in the '05 title run is the greatest urban legend in this forum. All he did was keep the spot warm until Horry entered the game.

2. Mohammed is worse at guarding Shaq than Radoslav and Rose.

3. Rose on that team gets them by the Mavs with Howard.

MadDog73
06-07-2006, 03:56 PM
As for Perry Mason,

1. Mohammed as key factor in the '05 title run is the greatest urban legend in this forum. All he did was keep the spot warm until Horry entered the game. 2. Mohammed is worse at guarding Shaq than Radoslav and Rose.

Then how come we lost in 2004 with Rose? All I know are the facts, we lost in 2004 with Rose, and won in 2005 with Nazr. Go ahead and post their comparitive stats, I'm really curious if you can back up Rose > Nazr.

Even if it's true, Spurs with Howard > Mavs without Howard.

I'd rather ditch Rose and Keep Howard, as long as we are playing "Make-a-wish".

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 04:00 PM
2. Pop gave Horry heavy minutes instead of Rose in that series despite going up against one of the most physical frontlines in NBA history. Pop doesn't make mistakes, right?

3. At least this season, giving up Rose trumps passing on Howard.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-07-2006, 04:00 PM
As for Perry Mason,

1. Mohammed as key factor in the '05 title run is the greatest urban legend in this forum. All he did was keep the spot warm until Horry entered the game.

1. Mohammed was huge during the Phx series, and had a couple big games spread out through the playoffs. I still cant remember a big game from Rasho.

2. Because we all saw what happened in 04 when we had Rasho and Rose guarding Shaq

3. Spurs without Rose get by the Mavs and Heat, if Manu's shot or Tim's tip fall.

rascal
06-07-2006, 04:14 PM
I can't believe MB still hasn't gotten over Rose. Rose isn't that good. Get over it. He wasn't worth the money. Rose can't even play a significant role on the last place Knicks.

ducks
06-07-2006, 04:15 PM
As for Perry Mason,

make more free throws
no foul wih 22 seconds left in game different outcome maybe
= spurs get by mavs

MadDog73
06-07-2006, 04:36 PM
2. Pop gave Horry heavy minutes instead of Rose in that series despite going up against one of the most physical frontlines in NBA history. Pop doesn't make mistakes, right?

Huh? So, why wouldn't Pop play Horry instead of Rose against the Mavs?

If Pop's not going to play Rose, it's even more reason to trade him.

3. At least this season, giving up Rose trumps passing on Howard.

I honestly don't know how you can say this. Why would you want an overpaid, undersized player like Rose, when you could have a rising star like Howard?

Plus, it means Dallas doesn't have Howard... that's like a 20 pt swing in SA's favor!

strangeweather
06-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Right, re-read what SPARKY is saying.

He's saying trading Malik was worse than giving away the pick that would have landed Howard.
Sorry, I misread your comment.

That's just wrong. Not only am I not convinced trading Malik was wrong, but even it it was wrong, it certainly was not worse than missing out on the Maverick's second/third leading scorer! (the ppg between Terry and Howard are miniscule)
I agree about the Malik trade.

I think draft stuff is usually a crapshoot -- clearly in hindsight, we'd like a do-over, but every team on the league has missed calls at the draft. For example, not even the Spurs knew at the time that Tony would blow up like he did, but in hindsight, there's an awful lot of teams that wish they'd snagged him up before we did. In a redraft, he's definitely a top-10 pick, and might be in the top 5.

ChumpDumper
06-07-2006, 04:57 PM
I just blame the FO for not picking up Chuck Hayes - the young Malik Rose without the 30 pounds to lose - for 20 times less money.

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 04:59 PM
1. Mohammed was huge during the Phx series, and had a couple big games spread out through the playoffs. I still cant remember a big game from Rasho.

Maybe 2 games, if that. As if Rose couldn't come up huge against the Suns.

2. Because we all saw what happened in 04 when we had Rasho and Rose guarding Shaq

Rose saw all of 27 minutes in that entire series. Pop went against the most physical frontline of the last ten years with Horry seeing major minutes.

3. Spurs without Rose get by the Mavs and Heat, if Manu's shot or Tim's tip fall.

Spurs are not in a position to fail if those things don't happen.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Rose hasn't shown that same energy and heart since he got his huge contract. Once he got his huge contract, he thought everytime he got the ball, he had a green flag to shoot.

ducks
06-07-2006, 05:08 PM
what did the great larry brown overrated hall of fame coach do with rose this year
that is right bench him

ducks
06-07-2006, 05:11 PM
rose
2005-06 NY 72 15.5 1.5 3.9 37.4 0.0 0.0 100.0 1.5 1.9 78.1 1.2 2.4 3.6 0.9 1.1 0.6 0.2 2.0 4.4

worse career year
yeah spurs needed him this year he played his worse this past year!

SPARKY
Rose hasn't shown that same energy and heart since he got his huge contract. Once he got his huge contract, he thought everytime he got the ball, he had a green flag to shoot.

Malik Rose signed that contract in 2002 and promptly had his best season as a pro in 2002-03 including an impressive playoff performance.

Vashner
Larry Brown is not overrated.... are you on crack? man has rings.

ducks
06-07-2006, 05:12 PM
man has one ring and pistons had to trade for sheed for him to get that one

flip saunders would have had more wins then larry brown with new york and 1000 less starting lineups to

Rescueone
06-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Let's just leave Rose alone people, He's gone now and won't ever be a Spur again! GET OVER IT ALREADY DAMN! Giving up Rose to get a champion ship was well worth him and two picks IMO. Picks come and go every year, every team can close their eyes and run their fingers down their draft list and choose. It's a hit or miss gamble. Hey there are some worthless picks in the top 10 in years past drafts, and some gems in the later rounds. The Spurs have a slew of picks overseas so what's the problem?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Malik Rose signed that contract in 2002 and promptly had his best season as a pro in 2002-03 including an impressive playoff performance.

Wow, followed up by 2 years of underachieving. You don't get in Pops doghouse for no reason at all.

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Sure, you get into Pop's doghouse when that contract is held over your head. The Spurs have a nice way of making their personnel decisions out to be the player's fault instead of that of the coaching staff or front office. If Rose's contract was $3 mil a season he'd have never been traded and he would've never been booted out of the rotation. That contract was the beginning, middle and end of why Rose found himself out of SA. And why each of the Spurs are off enjoying one of their 5 summer homes or whatever today.

MannyIsGod
06-07-2006, 05:26 PM
The problem with second guessing things that happend years ago, is that you can never be sure that everything else would have worked out just the way it did. Lets say the Spurs do draft Howard and he turns out to be a bust for the Spurs. Players succeed not only because of their talent, but because of the situations they are placed in. So it is absolutely stupid to go back and think about what you could have had.

I'm one of the bigger Rose fans in this forum and everyone knows I think Nazr is an absolutely shitty basketball player. I think the trade was horrible, but I don't think by any means that if we hadn't made this trade it would have given us a championship or cost us one. There's just no way to tell. You can sit here and debate back and forth what may have happend or what we might do with those draft picks but the only facts are what actually happend. Everything else said in this thread is assumption or prediction.

This front office hasn't been perfect, but they've done far more good than bad. FAR MORE. We can argue for them to spend more, but the fact is that having a higher budget to work with isn't nessecarily something that will lead you to success. At some point you have to set a limit on what spending can occur in order to help with the decisions and I think the Spurs do a damn good job of doing that. So yeah, the trade was a mistake and it would have been better to get both Nazr and Kurt Thomas in here but whats done is done. Hopefully the front office can work some of their magic this offseason.

ChumpDumper
06-07-2006, 05:30 PM
If Rose's contract was $3 mil a season he'd have never been traded and he would've never been booted out of the rotation.Yes to the former.

Bullshit to the latter.

Dude got beat out by whatever old fart came down the pike.

Teams that are concerned with the tax don't like to pay $6 million do guys who get constantly beat out by old farts and end up playing 17mpg.

We'll do the same with Barry and Rasho and anyone else who ends up not being worth his deal.

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 05:31 PM
This forum celebrated when the Spurs gave up Malik plus those two picks. A few voiced concerns. Oh well, it sucks to be right.

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Dude got beat out because he knew his days were numbered. Malik was caught in a Catch-22. He was expected to do more by the front office and fans because of the contract, but the coach didn't want him to do more.

Oh well, that trade a bad basketball move and the Spurs paid the piper for it this offseason. Maybe Spurs fans should stop cheering everytime ownership cuts payroll.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-07-2006, 05:34 PM
This forum celebrated when the Spurs gave up Malik plus those two picks. A few voiced concerns. Oh well, it sucks to be right.

Damn I can play this game to, I said if we traded Barry and Van Exel for Lebron James we'd win the championship. Oh well, it sucks to be right.

ChumpDumper
06-07-2006, 05:34 PM
If you could ever prove to me that Pop would've played Malik over Horry and Malik would've played at a consistent 2003 playoff level all the time, you might be justified in making this same post every other day.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Dude got beat out because he knew his days were numbered. Malik was caught in a Catch-22. He was expected to do more by the front office and fans because of the contract, but the coach didn't want him to do more.

Oh well, that trade a bad basketball move and the Spurs paid the piper for it this offseason. Maybe Spurs fans should stop cheering everytime ownership cuts payroll.

Do you share the same love fest for Jaren Jackson??

ducks
06-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Sure, you get into Pop's doghouse when that contract is held over your head. The Spurs have a nice way of making their personnel decisions out to be the player's fault instead of that of the coaching staff or front office. If Rose's contract was $3 mil a season he'd have never been traded and he would've never been booted out of the rotation. That contract was the beginning, middle and end of why Rose found himself out of SA. And why each of the Spurs are off enjoying one of their 5 summer homes or whatever today.

if he was not so greedy he could have stayed. he wanted to stick it to sa and used the lakers as leverage. he pulled his shirt over his head and got kicked out of town. you do that shit in the nba you get traded. END OF STORY

ducks
06-07-2006, 05:37 PM

dude got beat out because he w!as mentally weak and spurs do not keep players like that
that is why hedo is not a spur!

ChumpDumper
06-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Well, Malik got two boards against Dallas in 18 minutes this season.

He's definitely the answer.

ducks
06-07-2006, 05:40 PM

most wanted spurs to either play rose 20-25 minutes a game or trade him

not playing was not good because spurs are not the knicks and can not pay 7 million to the 12 man :fro

ducks
06-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Well, Malik got two boards against Dallas in 18 minutes this season.

He's definitely the answer.

you forgot chump if only he had duncan to hold his hand he could have got more
:lol

MadDog73
06-07-2006, 05:57 PM

But... you're wrong.

And the fact you value Malik over Howard proves it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-07-2006, 06:34 PM

Right, but the Malik Rose that suited up for the Knicks the last two years would have locked that fat ass down :lol

Oh well, it sucks to be right.

About what? We won a title last year, which we probably wouldn't have with Rose around. How is that right?

Dude got beat out because he knew his days were numbered.

So you wish we still were paying 7 million a year to a quitter?

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 06:36 PM
So it's settled. Michael Finley starting at the 4 and Nazr Mohammed watching on was preferable to having Malik Rose available and keeping two 1st round picks.

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 06:53 PM
About what? We won a title last year, which we probably wouldn't have with Rose around. How is that right?

Absurd. Mohammed did little to none in that playoff run. Keeping the spot warm until Horry entered the game is not impressive.

So you wish we still were paying 7 million a year to a quitter?

When the alternative is starting power forward Michael Finley, um, yeah.

exstatic
06-07-2006, 06:54 PM
The Rose contract saved about enough to sign one MCE player for 3 years.

ducks
06-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Would Spurs Have Went After Mike Finley If They Had Rose"s Contract On The Books?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-07-2006, 06:59 PM
When the alternative is starting power forward Michael Finley, um, yeah.

Funny thing is Finley's taller.

And I think you've been exposed already, 2 boards in 20 minutes vs. Dallas this year for Mighty Malik.

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 07:14 PM
...and Malik's bigger and has played the 4 spot his entire career plus, oh, has proven he can defend against Nowitzki.

I guess height is all that matters, eh?

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 07:14 PM
The Rose contract saved about enough to sign one MCE player for 3 years.

If that. But you lose out on two potential low cost options to address your needs with the two picks given up.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-07-2006, 07:26 PM
has proven he can defend against Nowitzki.

I guess height is all that matters, eh?

Again, any time you want to join us in 2006 instead of hanging out in the 1999-2003 peak years of Malik's career, feel free.

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 07:38 PM
When you want to leave the world where Michael Finley is ideal as a starting power forward, let us know.

ChumpDumper
06-07-2006, 07:44 PM
has proven he can defend against Nowitzki?

MVP Candidate Dirk?

Not proven.

2 rebounds in 18 minutes.

ducks
06-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Mike stepped up in the playoffs
barry on the other hand except for that on shot that bounced in

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 07:45 PM
With the Knicks. With the Spurs it's a different story.

ChumpDumper
06-07-2006, 07:49 PM
With the Knicks. With the Spurs it's a different story.Right. 18 minutes is about 18 minutes more than he would've gotten in the playoffs.

Rebounds are rebounds -- how would that be any different with the Spurs?

Because you say so?

ducks
06-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Right. 18 minutes is about 18 minutes more than he would've gotten in the playoffs.

Because you say so?

chump duncan needs to hold his hand
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Right. 18 minutes is about 18 minutes more than he would've gotten in the playoffs.

Because you say so?

1 regular season game. Sample size renders your judgement meaningless.

intlspurshk
06-07-2006, 09:02 PM
It has before.
It needs not to be repeated 1000 times but Malik sucked and he was in Pop's dog house. He didn't play defense, get enough rebound, box out and did all the things required by Pop and he was called a black hole by other team members. He still sucked in NY where he should have obtained more playing time. His left saved more than 6 million for 3 years for the team and give the opportunity for the team to retool the backup center this summer. His left also brought Naza in, who helped to get the 2005 Championship. What's else do you want? Even Naza sucked in this year, this is still a great trade and every GM will do it in a heartbeat.

SPARKY
06-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Every GM would take two 1st rounders away from the Spurs' player-personnel staff and a proven reserve big for the one year's rental of a center who you gave up on at the end of the season. Of course.

SequSpur
06-07-2006, 10:23 PM
Malik Rose sucks. When are you going to quit masturbating over him? He just plain sucks.

How simple can it be?

Who gives a fuck about the 30th pick in the fucking draft anyway? How many more Parkers are out there?

The fucking minutes have been set for this team for 5 years now and probably the next 4. So who gives a fuck?

Malik Rose fucking blows.

Vashner
06-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Well for one he is a Spurs champ.. and people that wear the ring should be given some respect. Malik is well liked in San Antonio. I happen to think he's a great guy from what I have seen.

Pop and staff made a "basketball decision".. .business is business.. But still ok he's not prime and he does not get along with Pop so anyone entertaining a thought about him returning .. it NOT going to happen.

But respect the champs .... please.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Sparky, get a freakin grip.

We wouldn't have won in 2005 without Nazr.

If we had Malik this year, that would not have guarunteed us to beat Dallas. The Dallas series was a coin-flip that went against us. Deal.

Fark, really, this is some stupid shzit.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2006, 04:00 AM
Malik is still 6'4" and slower than 2003 because he is older and fatter. Dirk would abuse him worse than he did Finley because he is less athletic and three inches shorter than Finley and never would've broken the rotation above Horry who was also beat out by Finley against Dallas.

No amount of dicksucking will ever change this, Sparkus. If you want to pay him the $13 million left on his contract and twice again for the tax, do it yourself. Start selling those tractors because you obviously think you could be the living shit at it. As of now the number of tractors you have sold equals the actual amount of dollars you have spent on undersized, overwieght, 31 year-old power forwards who lucked in to $42 million that they could never hope to earn....

PS -- I fucking love those sandwiches. I'm getting one tomorrow.

DuncanInYourFace
06-08-2006, 04:13 AM
Malik is still 6'4" and slower than 2003 because he is older and fatter. Dirk would abuse him worse than he did Finley because he is less athletic and three inches shorter than Finley and never would've broken the rotation above Horry who was also beat out by Finley against Dallas.

No amount of dicksucking will ever change this, Sparkus. If you want to pay him the $13 million left on his contract and twice again for the tax, do it yourself. Start selling those tractors because you obviously think you could be the living shit at it. As of now the number of tractors you have sold equals the actual amount of dollars you have spent on undersized, overwieght, 31 year-old power forwards who lucked in to $42 million that they could never hope to earn....

PS -- I fucking love those sandwiches. I'm getting one tomorrow.

He's listed as 6' 7"

ChumpDumper
06-08-2006, 04:16 AM
He's listed as 6' 7"You still get presents from Santa Claus, don't you?

Bruno
06-08-2006, 04:19 AM
If you want to pay him the $13 million left on his contract and twice again for the tax, do it yourself. .

It's $20M/3years.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2006, 04:20 AM
I forgot the option year.

Only a few more tractors, anyway.

Bruno
06-08-2006, 04:21 AM
Only a few more tractors, anyway.

:lol

DuncanInYourFace
06-08-2006, 04:22 AM
You still get presents from Santa Claus, don't you?

Watch some highlights retard, he's taller than Kobe

So Kobe is 6' 3''?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww7yCMzRiAw&search=malik%20rose

watch him give Kobe a hug.

THANKS FOR PLAYING

DuncanInYourFace
06-08-2006, 04:24 AM
You still get presents from Santa Claus, don't you?

Wait so his height is inaccurate but EVERYONE else's is correct?

Please explain.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2006, 04:27 AM
Watch some highlights retard, he's taller than Kobe

So Kobe is 6' 3''?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww7yCMzRiAw&search=malik%20rose

watch him give Kobe a hug.

THANKS FOR PLAYINGWatch him talking to Manu when both are standing up straight.

It's way past your bedtime.

DuncanInYourFace
06-08-2006, 04:31 AM
Watch him talking to Manu when both are standing up straight.

It's way past your bedtime.

So Kobe is still 6' 3" ?

Rose admits to fudging height - he's 6' 6" instead - http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20030611/ai_n14549297

ChumpDumper
06-08-2006, 04:40 AM
Wait so his height is inaccurate but EVERYONE else's is correct?

Please explain.Look junior, almost every NBA player's measurements are exaggerated or downplayed depending on that player's supposed difficiencies.

Did you really think Shaq weighed only 305lbs the last four years?

How did Duncan shrink an inch this season?

Why is Charlie Villanueva listed at 6'11" when at the NBA draft camp he clearly measured 6'9 1/2" in shoes?

Let me know.

As for Kobe. I don't think he was feeling all that well. Perhaps he was slouching a bit. If you can convince me Manu was standing on his toes when the two were talking....

DuncanInYourFace
06-08-2006, 04:45 AM
Look junior, almost every NBA player's measurements are exaggerated or downplayed depending on that player's supposed difficiencies.

Did you really think Shaq weighed only 305lbs the last four years?

How did Duncan shrink an inch this season?

Why is Charlie Villanueva listed at 6'11" when at the NBA draft camp he clearly measured 6'9 1/2" in shoes?

Let me know.

As for Kobe. I don't think he was feeling all that well. Perhaps he was slouching a bit. If you can convince me Manu was standing on his toes when the two were talking....

Well since heights are all upgraded in the same way, then what is the point of talking smack about Malik being short? If EVERYONE is shorter than they actually are, then it doesn't matter b/c we are judging player relative to each other.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2006, 04:48 AM
If EVERYONE is shorter than they actually areNot everyone is, but many players are shorter than the generally accepted norm. That's just it. No team in the league is ever going to list a PF at 6'4".

It simply isn't done. I don't ever remember seeing anyone so listed.

But Malik and Chuck Barkley are that height. Go figure.

RonMexico
06-08-2006, 04:56 AM
I almost traded Isiah Thomas 2 bags of sour patch kids and the sunday comics for Malik, a first round pick, and $12 million cash from the Knicks... but I declined because I wanted to read the comics on the toilet... which is where this thread should be...

Doug Collins
06-08-2006, 05:40 AM
I almost traded Isiah Thomas 2 bags of sour patch kids and the sunday comics for Malik, a first round pick, and $12 million cash from the Knicks... but I declined because I wanted to read the comics on the toilet... which is where this thread should be...

But Malik couldve saved this season lol lol lol Im seriously gonna break the internet if Sparky makes another fuckin Malik Rose sexytime explosion thread. And just so there isnt any doubt, sexytime explosion does in fact refer to the act of ejaculating. :oops

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-08-2006, 06:00 AM
Damn straight Ron Mexico! :lol

Is this a case of someone having so much pride that they come up with what they think is a brilliant (but is actually a ridiculous) argument in a stoned moment, put it down on the net, then can't back away from the edge when it is shown to be utter garbage?

Methinks... so. :lol

Doug Collins
06-08-2006, 07:35 AM
ĦRon for Prez!

MadDog73
06-08-2006, 08:49 AM
Sparky, get a freakin grip.

We wouldn't have won in 2005 without Nazr.

If we had Malik this year, that would not have guarunteed us to beat Dallas. The Dallas series was a coin-flip that went against us. Deal.

Fark, really, this is some stupid shzit.

And yet, SPARKY thinks he's actually winning.... :rolleyes

SPARKY
06-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Yeah, it's awesome the Spurs don't have a 1st round pick in this month's draft. It's awesome that the Spurs have to try to find a big who can play in an uptempo game this summer. Where's the savings if you have to blow the MLE on a free agent big who may give you what you need? You also have to find a small forward, a need which could have been addressed by one of those two picks. Yeah, that trade was an awesome basketball move.

MadDog73
06-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Yeah, it's awesome the Spurs don't have a 1st round pick in this month's draft. It's awesome that the Spurs have to try to find a big who can play in an uptempo game this summer. Where's the savings if you have to blow the MLE on a free agent big who may give you what you need? You also have to find a small forward, a need which could have been addressed by one of those two picks. Yeah, that trade was an awesome basketball move.

It was still better than passing up Howard.

Own up you're wrong about that at least, or you'll get no sympathy from me.

SPARKY
06-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Only a fool worries about "sympathy" on the internets.

RonMexico
06-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Is this discussion seriously still going on? Should I start crying that the Suns had to trade their last two draft picks (Luol Deng at No. 7 and Nate Robinson at No. 22) away and that's why they lost in the WCF the past two years? Boo hoo, OMG they could have won with those two guys... I sure wish we had Gugliotta and Penny Hardaway back... maybe even Luc Longley...

:oops :angel :(

SPARKY
06-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Of course a Suns fan would have no problem with the Spurs trading away picks.

SequSpur
06-08-2006, 06:45 PM

The Spurs won 63. Then changed the fucking game plan, they don't need shit but a new got damn coach.

Nbadan
06-09-2006, 02:55 AM
Not everyone is, but many players are shorter than the generally accepted norm. That's just it. No team in the league is ever going to list a PF at 6'4".

It simply isn't done. I don't ever remember seeing anyone so listed.

But Malik and Chuck Barkley are that height. Go figure.

:wtf

I've met Malik and he was taller than me, and I'm considerably taller than 6'4.

RonMexico
06-09-2006, 04:06 AM
Of course a Suns fan would have no problem with the Spurs trading away picks.

Yeah, and I don't really have a problem with the Suns trading away picks either... especially when they're able to pull something off where they end up getting 2 first round picks from the Hawks that are only lottery protected until 2007... it all comes back around...

Doug Collins
06-09-2006, 04:13 AM
My fuckin lord this shit is still going on. Malik, savior incarnate of the 2006 playoffs, please comeback to us so Sparky can finally shut the fuck up. Clearly what you did 3 years ago against a different Mavs team would´ve saved us this time around. And those draft picks we gave away are killing are chances to remain competitive. Who needs 63 wins and a championship in 2005, without Malik nothing really matters.