PDA

View Full Version : I am in serious depression here.

Jimcs50
06-08-2006, 08:53 AM
On every sports talk show, radio show and on every ESPN segment, all they are talking about is the NBA Finals starting tonight.

It should be Tim vs Shaq, not Dirk vs Shaq. We Spurs fans should be all excited and ready to watch this Finals, not Cuban's fans.

Why oh why did Manu foul Dirk on that 3 point play????

:depressed

Can someone help me get out of this funk???

polandprzem
06-08-2006, 08:58 AM
ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck ohh fuck :depressed

degenerate_gambler
06-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Aside from having monetary interests involved in the game(s), I have no desire at all to watch the Finals this year.

MadDog73
06-08-2006, 09:04 AM
Guys, guys, get over it already. It's just a game. Think about the war, AIDS, starving children, something worse than the Mavs winning a Championship.

Aw, crap, now I'm just more depressed.

Jimcs50
06-08-2006, 09:11 AM
Guys, guys, get over it already. It's just a game. Think about the war, AIDS, starving children, something worse than the Mavs winning a Championship.

Aw, crap, now I'm just more depressed.

War, AIDS, and starving children pale in comparison to Dirk's 3 pt play

Manuuuuuuuuu....why oh why??????????

MadDog73
06-08-2006, 09:12 AM
War, AIDS, and starving children pale in comparrison to Dirk's 3 pt play

:lol ....... :depressed

SenorSpur
06-08-2006, 09:40 AM
I would suggest watching old videos (if you have any) of Spurs championships games gone by. That or either playing NBA live on PS2

SPARKY
06-08-2006, 09:44 AM
If you want something to cheer you up, consider that the Spurs don't have their 1st round pick this year and they need to find a backup point guard, young small forward, and athletic rebounding bigman while being capped out. It's a great fucking time, isn't it?

WalterBenitez
06-08-2006, 09:46 AM
NBA's finals?

FIFA World Cup is starting tomorrow the biggest event in the world for 4 weeks everything will be World Cup ... so see you in 5 weeks.

Jimcs50
06-08-2006, 10:28 AM
FIFA World Cup is starting tomorrow the biggest event in the world for 4 weeks everything will be World Cup ... so see you in 5 weeks.

:jack

Soccer blows. I'd sooner watch the WNBA Finals.

waly.mg
06-08-2006, 10:44 AM
On every sports talk show, radio show and on every ESPN segment, all they are talking about is the NBA Finals starting tonight.

It should be Tim vs Shaq, not Dirk vs Shaq. We Spurs fans should be all excited and ready to watch this Finals, not Cuban's fans.

The Spurs were ahead by three because Manu hit the Three, was a Big Mistake, but not more Big like the 3 Pointer

Jimcs50
06-08-2006, 10:59 AM
The Spurs were ahead by three because Manu hit the Three, was a Big Mistake, but not more Big like the 3 Pointer

That is what hurts so much. After the 3 pointer, my buddy and I jumped up and celebrated like we won the Finals, because I just knew that Dallas was history. There was no way that they were going to win after that Manu 3. They were reeling, they had blown a 20 pt lead, a 3-1 advantage in games, they were fucked, and they knew it. I laughed at Mark Cuban when the camera panned to him right after the Manu 3 and I said "Suck on that, Cuban you prick!"

I told my buddy that the Spurs were going to have to be fouled and Manu and Finley would hit the FTs and the game was as good as over.

Then the worst thing in the world happened, the unthinkable, the impossible, the only thing that could save Dallas, and give them hope.......

I would much rather have had Manu miss the 3 pointer and SA lose that way.

ducks
06-08-2006, 11:00 AM
If you want something to cheer you up, consider that the Spurs don't have their 1st round pick this year and they need to find a backup point guard, young small forward, and athletic rebounding bigman while being capped out. It's a great fucking time, isn't it?

yes this draft rocks :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

2centsworth
06-08-2006, 11:01 AM
There's nothing you can do Jim except wait for Football season.

resistanze
06-08-2006, 11:02 AM
You won't watch the finals AND you think soccer blows??

You can go to hell then. :lol

Nikos
06-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Maybe if Terry wasn't suspended Dallas wins Game 6? Maybe if the Spurs didn't get blown out in Game 2 they could have won the series before it came to a Game 7?

Knoxville Spur
06-08-2006, 11:16 AM
There was plenty of time for Dallas to get back in the game. 32 seconds is an eternity, especially when you are a poor free throw shooting team. I think a lot of us overestimated the three point lead. If Dirk wanted to drive to the basket, we either had to give up the two points or commit a hard foul to prevent the basket. Then Dallas trails by 1, fouls immediately, and we are in a free throw shooting contest with over 20 seconds left. Who here likes are chances in that one?

Get over the play already. They may like to show it on highlights, but that is not where the game was won or lost. When the home team loses in OT, they got what they deserved and we just have to deal with it and try to get a little better next year.

With three championships, I still feel pretty darn good. Plenty of NBA fans will never see a championship in their lifetime.

Spurologist
06-08-2006, 11:21 AM
You should have seen this coming

http://www.thethirteenthstep.com/stfu/stopwhining.jpg

Dark Matter
06-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Would you like some "Jim Jones" Kool-aid?, or maybe a "380" lead pill or too. It's bad enough the game has change. NUT UP boys and girls. Have some self respect. Nothing worst than whinin Losers. geez :rolleyes .... :baby

George Gervin's Afro
06-08-2006, 11:31 AM
While I am not exactly happy the season is over I am far from depressed. We will win another championship it just won't be this year.

polandprzem
06-08-2006, 11:43 AM
I can't watch any game.

I have the game 7 on my PC but I haven't watched it and I don't know when I'll be able to do that.

We would beat Miami no doubt fuck :pctoss

I like soccer maybe I can get a liitle over IT. Just a little

Shank
06-08-2006, 11:47 AM

http://www.webaugur.com/matt/images/beretta_92fs.jpg

Quick tip: Lay down some plastic if you're trying to be considerate of the furniture.

MoSpur
06-08-2006, 12:14 PM
The more people talk about it or bring it up, the worse. Let's just move on. We got over the whole .4 issue, we can make it past this.

I H8 Mavs Fans
06-08-2006, 12:15 PM
War, AIDS, and starving children pale in comparison to Dirk's 3 pt play

War, AIDS, and starving children pale in comparison to the disease that is Mavs fans.

Manu20
06-08-2006, 12:18 PM
:pctoss

GrandeDavid
06-08-2006, 12:21 PM
NBA's finals?

Exactly, holmes! And I'm in Brazil, so basketball doesn't even exist until at least mid July. Word! Go USA!!!

GrandeDavid
06-08-2006, 12:25 PM

C'mon, Jim. What's up with that comment? I am a diehard Spurs fan, basketball is by and far my favorite sport, but even I will admit that there is no event or sport or tournament ANYWHERE in the world which even comes close to the World Cup. And Team USA is #4 in the freaking world right now and our country's best athletes don't play soccer. Support the team, bro!

RogerIsEatingASandwich
06-08-2006, 12:27 PM
:) Yeah, I can't wait for the World Cup.

spurster
06-08-2006, 12:31 PM
I am in serious depression here.
We really don't want to hear any details about your dental patients.

Jimcs50
06-08-2006, 12:57 PM
You should have seen this coming

http://www.thethirteenthstep.com/stfu/stopwhining.jpg

Spurologist, you are not helping me any. It is hard to forget about it, and not lament the fact that SA should be playing right now instead of Dallas.

There is no replacement for Spurs bball...not baseball, football ad for sure not soccer.

Comon guys, cheer me up....SW, You can try, can't you??? :)

spurs_666
06-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Don't be hatin', just watch the Mavs make history starting tonite!

Drbio
06-08-2006, 01:43 PM
You first need to get over the inaccuracy that the Spurs should be playing and not the Mavericks. Denial ain't a river in Egypt.

Grow a set already.

j-6
06-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Look on the bright side. You could be a Spurs fan in DFW.

ShoogarBear
06-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Look at the bright side. At least you have the consolation of knowing you didn't spend 1999, 2003, or 2005 trolling other teams' boards.

Jimcs50
06-08-2006, 02:00 PM
You first need to get over the inaccuracy that the Spurs should be playing and not the Mavericks. Denial ain't a river in Egypt.

Grow a set already.

Why don't you just suck my fat one?

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Look on the bright side. Can you imagine the insufferable media bullshit that you'd have to listen to if it was a Spurs/Heat finals? Perhaps the Spurs in their infinite wisdom chose to help spare their fans having to listen to Bill Walton gush about Shaq's "exceptional footwork" after he travels and runs over three guys in route to a basket. And it's just a matter of time before those dopes graduate from the Wade/Kobe comparisons to trying to compare him to Jordan.

Jim, take this time to re-evaluate what's really important in life and follow your dreams with this unexpected free time. Read the classics, go for a walk, track down Duff and exact some "interest" with a tire iron. The world's your oyster, man.

MadDog73
06-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Don't be hatin', just watch the Mavs make history starting tonite!

Uh, either way it's history. Sorry, it doesn't really matter who wins.

Budkin
06-08-2006, 02:14 PM
I'm still bummed about Game 7 and "the foul" as well. The thing is, I was already massively depressed because my dad died on April 22 (actually during game 1 against the Kings) after being in the hospital for nearly a month. I was hoping that since I had been through so much pain already with losing my dad, that I wouldn't feel any more no matter what happened to the Spurs. Well, I did feel the pain of that loss but really I think it just made me think more about how shitty it was to have my dad die. The death of a close family member really makes you re-evaluate your priorities and concerns.

Ok, after writing all that I just realized you wanted cheering up. D'oh. Well, hopefully you haven't lost anyone close to you recently. Try to appreciate your loved ones in the short time you have with them. That's all I got right now, sorry Jim.

Jack Bauer
06-08-2006, 02:34 PM
If the Spurs had advanced and gone on to the finals that's at least 8 more game days. Think of what can be done with that free time. 8 x 24 hours! How many legs could be shot with that much free time? How many Mavs fans could you torture for the hell of it? How many estranged daughters could you reconnect with?

You have to seize life Jim, or you'll just watch it tick away. BEEP...BOOP...BEEP...BOOP.

Jimcs50
06-08-2006, 02:41 PM
I'm still bummed about Game 7 and "the foul" as well. The thing is, I was already massively depressed because my dad died on April 22 (actually during game 1 against the Kings) after being in the hospital for nearly a month. I was hoping that since I had been through so much pain already with losing my dad, that I wouldn't feel any more no matter what happened to the Spurs. Well, I did feel the pain of that loss but really I think it just made me think more about how shitty it was to have my dad die. The death of a close family member really makes you re-evaluate your priorities and concerns.

Ok, after writing all that I just realized you wanted cheering up. D'oh. Well, hopefully you haven't lost anyone close to you recently. Try to appreciate your loved ones in the short time you have with them. That's all I got right now, sorry Jim.

So sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my mom in 2000, so I know how you feel.

Seriously, I am not really depressed, as there are real things in life that are more important(like the death of a loved one) I just wax rhapsodic sometimes, and mourn the end of a great season, a season that I feel ended prematurely and unsatisfactorily. But in the grand scheme of things, it is just a game, and we all can always look forward to another try next year.

I just wish that I could root for one of these teams.

Cuban or Gary Payton? One will be a champion...that just does not sit well with me.

Solid D
06-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Jim, you know that stuff you put on your patient's gums to numb them? Well.....just apply liberally all over. Repeat application... for a more complete experience.

George Gervin's Afro
06-08-2006, 03:03 PM
So sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my mom in 2000, so I know how you feel.

Seriously, I am not really depressed, as there are real things in life that are more important(like the death of a loved one) I just wax rhapsodic sometimes, and mourn the end of a great season, a season that I feel ended prematurely and unsatisfactorily. But in the grand scheme of things, it is just a game, and we all can always look forward to another try next year.

I just wish that I could root for one of these teams.

Cuban or Gary Payton? One will be a champion...that just does not sit well with me.

Payton or Cuban????????????????????????

I would rather Kim Il Jung win an NBA title before Mark Cuban.. So I go with GP..

jman3000
06-08-2006, 03:07 PM
He basically followed a top 20 all-time Spurs offensive play in the playoffs with a top 5 all-time defensive bonehead mistake... it happens sometimes.

: /

ShoogarBear
06-08-2006, 03:10 PM
Jim, you know that stuff you put on your patient's gums to numb them? Well.....just apply liberally all over. Repeat application... for a more complete experience.

Careful, now. Remember who you're talking to. Anesthesia + onanism = not pretty.

Trainwreck2100
06-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Careful, now. Remember who you're talking to. Anesthesia + onanism = not pretty.

wtf is onanism

ratm1221
06-08-2006, 03:16 PM

I would rather Kim Il Jung win an NBA title before Mark Cuban.. So I go with GP..

Thats just silly.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-08-2006, 03:18 PM

That's just silly.

I agree, but I would trust Kim with a nuke program before I would Cuban.

Trainwreck2100
06-08-2006, 03:21 PM
I agree, but I would trust Kim with a nuke program before I would Cuban.

:tu

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-08-2006, 03:21 PM
only reason i will be watching these finals this year isnt because i have some sort of interest in the teams playing. the only interest i have in this series is catching a glimpse of the dallas squad crying when stern reviels the trophy to miami.

ratm1221
06-08-2006, 03:35 PM
only reason i will be watching these finals this year isnt because i have some sort of interest in the teams playing. the only interest i have in this series is catching a glimpse of the dallas squad crying when stern reviels the trophy to miami.

Such animosity. Love the name too.

Jimcs50
06-08-2006, 03:46 PM
wtf is onanism

ShoogarBear
06-08-2006, 04:49 PM
wtf is onanism
Not to be confused with OWNanism.

Jimcs50
06-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Not to be confused with OWNanism.

Like you suffer when you try to match wits with yours truly.

:)

Trainwreck2100
06-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Like you suffer when you try to match wits with yours truly.

:)

So it's confusion?

Jimcs50
06-08-2006, 05:03 PM
So it's confusion?

ShoogarBear
06-08-2006, 05:15 PM
:lol

Drbio
06-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Why don't you just suck my fat one?
Another inaccuracy. You imply a fat one exists where one does not. Courtesy of a pistons fan no doubt.

It isn't my fault that what I posted was accurate. You need to get over it already.

Jules
06-08-2006, 05:40 PM

Boycott the Finals!

The Finals hype that is being generated is a ratings ploy. Can you believe we have to deal with Cuban and the Mavhicks for another 2 weeks? Oh hell no!!!

Bartender, make this one a double...

rascal
06-08-2006, 07:23 PM

Soccer in general is boring because of the difficulty in scoring and too much time kicking the ball back and forth in the center of the field with few goal shot attempts at times. But world cup soccer is better because of the intensity. Thats the only soccer I will watch.

Country vs Country. Give it a chance. Watch some games and get into the intensity on a national level.

TwoHandJam
06-08-2006, 07:35 PM
That is what hurts so much. After the 3 pointer, my buddy and I jumped up and celebrated like we won the Finals, because I just knew that Dallas was history. There was no way that they were going to win after that Manu 3. They were reeling, they had blown a 20 pt lead, a 3-1 advantage in games, they were fucked, and they knew it. I laughed at Mark Cuban when the camera panned to him right after the Manu 3 and I said "Suck on that, Cuban you prick!"

I told my buddy that the Spurs were going to have to be fouled and Manu and Finley would hit the FTs and the game was as good as over.

Then the worst thing in the world happened, the unthinkable, the impossible, the only thing that could save Dallas, and give them hope.......

I would much rather have had Manu miss the 3 pointer and SA lose that way.

That's almost exactly how I reacted during Manu's 3 as well. I really believed it was all over and you can bet that Mav fans were ready to hang from their shower rods at that point too. That would have been a choke job of colossal proportions. Had we won that game it would have cemented the Mavs as our utter and complete bitches for all time, *sigh* what could have been....

It sucks but shit happens. Every dog has his day and the Mavs finally got theirs. Don't forget they've been our whipping boy for many years now. And when we haven't kicked them unceremoniously out of the playoffs, some other team has. Dirk's Mavs have been playoff fodder for as long as he's been in the league. He was bound to break out sooner or later.

The only thing that really irked me was Pop's love affair with small-ball. I honestly felt we were the better team (slightly) but lost because of Pop's insistence on abandoning Spurs Basketball in the middle of the playoffs. Our defensive system was shot to hell with only Tim in the paint and we lost because we couldn't get stops. A very un-Spurlike loss.

METALMiKE
06-08-2006, 07:38 PM
If the Spurs had advanced and gone on to the finals that's at least 8 more game days. Think of what can be done with that free time. 8 x 24 hours! How many legs could be shot with that much free time? How many Mavs fans could you torture for the hell of it? How many estranged daughters could you reconnect with?

You have to seize life Jim, or you'll just watch it tick away. BEEP...BOOP...BEEP...BOOP.

hahahahah I love you Jack.
:elephant :flag: in 07 BABY!

Carie
06-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Jim, I'm right there with ya. I've got some very legal but very effective pills that can help. PM me :lol

Trainwreck2100
06-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Soccer in general is boring because of the difficulty in scoring and too much time kicking the ball back and forth in the center of the field with few goal shot attempts at times. But world cup soccer is better because of the intensity. Thats the only soccer I will watch.

Country vs Country. Give it a chance. Watch some games and get into the intensity on a national level.

How many sports can end ina a 0-0 tie?

texas84
06-09-2006, 12:02 AM
Denial ain't a river in Egypt.

:lmao I like that one.

Southwest Texas Fan
06-09-2006, 12:11 AM

Lots and lots of valium :smokin

dav4463
06-09-2006, 12:15 AM
It sure doesn't feel like the finals does it?

Spurologist
06-09-2006, 12:24 AM

Soccer is the best sport in the world. PERIOD. Those in the U.S have no idea what soccer means in the outside world.

I mean, when I was in Cameroon, the first thing my friends and I did after school was get on a soccer pitch. Everyday. That was awesome. People of all ages played. It didn't matter if you were a millionaire or were poor. On the soccer field, everyone speaks the same language. You don't need any authorization, sign anything, get sponsorship or whatever. You come with your body and play. People with no shoes strap on what they can because they want to experience the love of the game.

You live, eat, sleep, and die with soccer. In 1990, when Cameroon made it to the quarterfinals, the whole country was in complete harmony. The fighting french and english speaking sub divisions of the country were at peace, laughing, singing and enjoying every moment Cameroon was on the field. Schools were cancelled, shops were closed, hospital visits delayed. All this was to watch your country in action as they compete in the world's greatest sporting event. Cameroon advancing in the tournament means that hope would be provided to a Cameroon that is in dear need of some. People begin to believe that there is hope for Africa.

I love the game, the grace, and the extreme team commitment it take to win. I have a small tear in my eye right now because I remember the good times I had when I played and how there was almost an earthquake in Cameroon when the team scored in the world cup. You can't feel that unless you are part of it. Football is a world religion.

texas84
06-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Not trying to turn this into a soccer thread, but soccer is the greatest sport in the world. It is by no means my favorite. But watch a team like Brazil play. I hate them because they are that good. They definitely play the best brand of soccer, but I want them to lose so bad.

And the attention soccer draws is amazing. Sometimes its really good... sometimes it's reeeeeeeeeeeally BAD. But it really is thrilling to watch this time of year.

Drbio
06-09-2006, 12:36 AM
It sure doesn't feel like the finals does it?
It is all a matter of perspective my Spurs loving friend.

Southwest Texas Fan
06-09-2006, 01:14 AM
It is all a matter of perspective my Spurs loving friend.

Yes Spurs perspective.

sabar
06-09-2006, 06:00 AM
It's really time to get over the loss. The 0.4 shot after Duncan's miracle hurt much more. I hated that lakers team MUCH more than this Dallas team. But I love the game. I'm watching the finals and they look like they'll be good, I hope it's at least 6 games. It's childish and just dumb to boycot the game and sit in a corner and die because we were "beaten by the best". Crying and whining just gives mavs trolls more to feed on. Step up and be the better person. We'll be back next year, stronger, and healthy. Whether Dallas wins or not is insignificant. What's past is past, you have to look to the future and be somewhat optimistic, yet realistic. I think it's good that Dallas is finally not sucking and being fodder to give other teams more wins for once. With the Lakers dynasty dead, we'll need a good rival, and Dallas happens to be in Texas too. That 7 game series was one of the best I've seen and could have been finals material. I'll take a good game and a possible loss over stomping nothing teams on the way to a championship so that lamers can call us out for an asterisk by our title.

I love the spurs, but I also love the game.
Watch out 2007.

Jimcs50
06-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Crying and whining just gives mavs trolls more to feed on. Step up and be the better person. Watch out 2007.

I did not make the thread for the Mavs' fans benefit. If I want to commiserate with my Spurs' brethren, then I should be able to, without worrying about the Mavs fans. I could care less about them.

strangeweather
06-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Soccer is the best sport in the world. PERIOD. Those in the U.S have no idea what soccer means in the outside world.

I mean, when I was in Cameroon, the first thing my friends and I did after school was get on a soccer pitch. Everyday. That was awesome. People of all ages played. It didn't matter if you were a millionaire or were poor. On the soccer field, everyone speaks the same language. You don't need any authorization, sign anything, get sponsorship or whatever. You come with your body and play. People with no shoes strap on what they can because they want to experience the love of the game.

You live, eat, sleep, and die with soccer. In 1990, when Cameroon made it to the quarterfinals, the whole country was in complete harmony. The fighting french and english speaking sub divisions of the country were at peace, laughing, singing and enjoying every moment Cameroon was on the field. Schools were cancelled, shops were closed, hospital visits delayed. All this was to watch your country in action as they compete in the world's greatest sporting event. Cameroon advancing in the tournament means that hope would be provided to a Cameroon that is in dear need of some. People begin to believe that there is hope for Africa.

I love the game, the grace, and the extreme team commitment it take to win. I have a small tear in my eye right now because I remember the good times I had when I played and how there was almost an earthquake in Cameroon when the team scored in the world cup. You can't feel that unless you are part of it. Football is a world religion.
Nice post. :)

rascal
06-09-2006, 08:51 AM
They need to open up the scoring more in soccer. Maybe a rule change or two on the offsides calls can do that. I've seen so many exciting breakaway scoring chances in world cup play only to be called back for offsides. Maybe change the distance where offsides can occur will be enough.

austinfan
06-09-2006, 09:02 AM

Great post.

ShoogarBear
06-09-2006, 09:27 AM
I have no doubt that the SPORT of soccer is the most fantatically followed in the history of the world.

I just think the actual GAME of soccer is flawed in that 50% or more of the games are 1-0 when played at the highest level. Basically, unless you're a connaisseur, it's boring.

Also, soccer has the single stupidest rule of any sport: the fact that because of "time added on", the players and fans never know how much time is left in the game. WTF is that bullshit?

rascal
06-09-2006, 11:35 AM
I forgot about added time. They have to create some excitement in the end because scoring chances are so infrequent most of the time and a team can just controll the ball at the end by kicking it back and forth at mid field just preventing steals.

rascal
06-09-2006, 11:44 AM
And in soccer the refs can kick players out of the game and leave a team playing down players the rest of the game.

Jimcs50
06-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Soccer

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Say what you will about the sport of soccer but their fans could teach the NBA a thing or two about what a real brawl is.

Spurologist
06-09-2006, 12:04 PM
have no doubt that the SPORT of soccer is the most fantatically followed in the history of the world.

I don't see that changing any time soon

I just think the actual GAME of soccer is flawed in that 50% or more of the games are 1-0 when played at the highest level. Basically, unless you're a connaisseur, it's boring.

:lol Where'd you get that statistic? You might be thinking of hockey. The problem with that thinking is for you to enjoy the game you want a score of 5-4. If that if your hope, you are better off just not watching. I watch the game of the unbelievable skill, grace by each player of each position, and the great teamwork it requires (more than any other sport).

- A goalkeeper dives full stretch in the air to save a ball/ puts a legs out to poke the ball away at the last second/ coming out on pull force to kick the ball away.
- Great defenders slowing down great players.
Mid fielders showing off their skills with pin-point passing and grace as they move up the field with the ball
-Forwards showing their deft touch at the net and getting a goal at the most unexpected situation.
- Bicycle kicks, volley shots, scissors kicks, goal celebrations, passing, heading, great balance, cross overs, juggling, chesting, passion, fierce competitiveness

I'd love a 0-0 game if it had any one of the above. I don't find it boring. I find it exhilarating. You don't need to be a connoiseur. It's just about appreciating the game. That has yet to happen.

Also, soccer has the single stupidest rule of any sport: the fact that because of "time added on", the players and fans never know how much time is left in the game. WTF is that bullshit?

I love that rule. The mystery factor of extra time has provided some of the greatest moments in football history. It lets the teams know that the game is far from over and that they need to continue to play aggressively until the final whistle is blown. That is an element I find unique and beneficial over other sports.

If a player on the field is injured and wastes 10 minutes of playing time, should the game be shortened to 80 minutes. That would be bullshit.

The sport of socer is inbred on to people like baseball and football have in the U.S. It is part of the culture and any other sport becomes secondary. The fact is soccer has been inbred to the eintire world. That has led to its mass popularity. I don't know if the US will ever bring in soccer into mainstream culture. I don't know what it will take. US winning the world cup? Maybe.

rascal
06-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Say what you will about the sport of soccer but their fans could teach the NBA a thing or two about what a real brawl is.

Yeah, just pack a few urine bombs(urine filled balloons) and bring them to the game and toss them at opposing fans. Sure thing to get a brawl started.

ShoogarBear
06-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Like all discussions about soccer, this has become a religious argument, so there's no point in continuing. All I can say is if you can defend a rule where nobody knows when the game is going to end, :rolleyes.

DubMcDub
06-09-2006, 05:13 PM

I laugh every time a Spurs fan says "it should be us in the Finals." Talk about an absurd sense of entitlement.

Last I checked, the team that should be in the Finals is the team that wins their 3 series up until that point. Maybe that way of thinking is overrated though, :rolleyes.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 05:14 PM
I laugh every time I see a Mavs fan in here whining about a Spurs fan whining. Run along now, RubADub.

DubMcDub
06-09-2006, 05:16 PM
I laugh every time I see a Mavs fan in here whining about a Spurs fan whining. Run along now, RubADub.

After careful consideration.....I don't think I will. I appreciate the suggestion, though.

ShoogarBear
06-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Mav Fan apparently believes that by talking shit now, it somehow shows a character change from those years of slinking away at the end of the season like a simpering bitch with nothing to say.

In fact, this year has only reinforced more than ever what he truly is.

DubMcDub
06-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Mav Fan apparently believes that by talking shit now, it somehow shows a character change from those years of slinking away at the end of the season like a simpering bitch with nothing to say.

Ok.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 05:26 PM

Either that or Cuban's paying them by the post.

clambake
06-09-2006, 05:36 PM
I am here to cure your depression! If you dump those crummy spurs right now, I will allow you to be a mav fan! Isn't that exciting? But you must act now. This is a limited time offer!

ChumpDumper
06-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Great, I'll meet you over at the Mavboards.

Remember those?

clambake
06-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Those boards (and people) blow harder than Katrina!

ShoogarBear
06-09-2006, 05:44 PM
I didn't know Cuban provided personal services on them.

Spurologist
06-09-2006, 06:05 PM
I didn't know Cuban provided personal services on them.

yes, personal services.

StylisticS
06-09-2006, 06:49 PM

We Americans are so close minded when it comes to learning other sports from other countries. If we didn't grow up playing it, we don't even try to learn or watch it. Same reason why the majority of this country doesn't like Hockey. As much as we love our brand of football(omy favorite sport, btw), basketball, and baseball. All three combined pales in comparison around the world to soccer as far as fanatical they are and popularity. I would love to see the sport gain in popularity in this country and it is happening. But very, very slowly. It's not that damn bad of a sport. In fact, once you get into it, it's pretty damn good to watch.

We sound just as bad as Europeans talking down on American Football. Not having an open mind to learn other sports is pretty much stupid.

Jimcs50
06-12-2006, 10:10 AM

The irony here, is that my wife's mom passed on Saturday morning here in College Station where she has been for the last 2 yrs. I will be in SA on Tuesday and Wednesday for the funeral. It takes times like this that put sports in the proper perspective.

Budkin
06-12-2006, 10:33 AM
The irony here, is that my wife's mom passed on Saturday morning here in College Station where she has been for the last 2 yrs. I will be in SA on Tuesday and Wednesday for the funeral. It takes times like this that put sports in the proper perspective.

Oh man, I'm so sorry. My condolences go out to you and your wife.

MadDog73
06-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss, Jim.

My thoughts are with you and your wife.

Kori Ellis
06-12-2006, 04:03 PM

Sorry.

Condolences to you and your family.

ShoogarBear
06-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Condolences.

angel_luv
06-12-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. I'll pray for you and your family.

FromWayDowntown
06-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Condolences, Jim. I'm sorry for your loss.

Jimcs50
06-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Thankyou guys, I appreciate the kind words.

Holmes_Fans
06-12-2006, 09:13 PM
http://www.wnba.com/silverstars/

As for soccer it's probably the best sport to see in person. Even though my favorite sport is football, if I had the chance choosing between a trip to the World Cup and the Super bowl would be a hard choice. Nothing like 100,000 people or however many that stadium holds all chanting something I don't understand.

BigD1
06-12-2006, 09:51 PM

Can someone help me get out of this funk???Here's something to cheer you up. Dallas will be EVEN better next year. Scary. Howard and Daniels will barely be in their 4th season and Harris will be entering an even younger 3rd season. Diop is only 24 and will definitely improve his offensive post up game. Dirk has improved a skill or two every summer. His trainer feels Dirk is still 2 yrs away from being complete. He can still work on his passing out of double teams, post moves, and defense. If anyone thinks he has reached his peak at 27, they're crazy. That guy is one of the most dedicated, and hardest working big men in the game. Most importantly, he is still a student of the game, absorbing everthing AJ throws at him. Furthermore, Terry is only 27 and will be resigned. Stack is proving to the world that he IS the 6th Man of the Year. KVH and his huge contract will be released for another athletic, quick PF to back up Dirk. Dallas still has a 1st rounder, and possibly the scariest thing is, AJ will barely be in his 2nd year as coach. Ouch! How's that for comfort. Sorry, I had to do it. But u can't deny the Mavs of being nothing but Scary next year.
Meanwhile, SA has 10 contracts on lock at about 63 mil. Basically, they're capped out and getting old fast. Good news for Spur's fans, Duncan is still the most dominant big man in the NBA. I thought he was on a decline after watching him in the reg season, but he proved the whole world otherwise against a very good Mavericks team. But outside of Ginobes and Parker, SA is old. Finley,Bowen, Barry, Horry, and even Duncan now.
Oh well, SA and Dallas should still clearly be the 2 favorites to win it all next year. Good luck!

Please_dont_ban_me
06-12-2006, 10:31 PM
http://www.webaugur.com/matt/images/beretta_92fs.jpg

Quick tip: Lay down some plastic if you're trying to be considerate of the furniture.

How thoughtful.

adrienne
06-12-2006, 10:57 PM
I'm very sorry for you and your wife's loss, Jim.

Axl Van Dam
06-13-2006, 01:13 AM
:wakeup It's time to move on.

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2006, 01:16 AM
:wakeup It's time to move on.

that's fucked up, the man's mother-in-law just died