PDA

View Full Version : Oberto, interview and comments (need translation)

WalterBenitez
06-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Source: Olé
http://www.ole.com.ar/diario/2006/06/08/thumb/f035ch01.jpg

Se lo nota tranquilo, disfrutando del descanso y de un ritmo muy distinto al de San Antonio y la NBA. Y no sólo por la velocidad con la que se vive el día a día. "Lo primero que hice fue comer unos buenos asados. La carne cocinada con gas es muy distinta, je", asegura Fabricio Oberto. Fue un año deslumbrante para él. Su desembarco en la NBA, rodearse de estrellas, la infraestructura... Pero no le tocó jugar mucho y, con dos años de contrato, surgen las dudas.

—¿Te bancarías otra temporada jugando poco?

—Todavía falta. Hay que saber si rearma el equipo, los cambios que habrá... El verano no comenzó... Hay jugadores a los que se les termina el contrato. Las ganas de jugar las tengo y son muchas. Después, cuando ves el papel y decís voy a ser el quinto o sexto pivote, hay que analizarlo cuando ocurra. Hablar hoy no tiene mucho sentido. Eso sí, voy a tener que mejorar mi trabajo. La parte técnica la tengo aprendida.

—¿Y si se repite?

—Creo que todos lo tienen claro: este año fue experiencia, adaptación. Y por algo tengo un buen contrato por tres años. Sería muy raro que lleven a un jugador para que esté viendo la NBA desde el banco.

—¿Vos esperabas tener tan pocos minutos?

—No sé si lo esperaba. No fui con la meta de jugar 15 ó 20 minutos. Fui con el objetivo de disfrutar por estar en el equipo, cada práctica y minuto en cancha. Mucha gente dice ''no juega''. Pero hay que ver la función que tenés adentro del equipo: yo también ayudaba. A lo mejor, el año que viene, tienen que poner a otro para darme descanso a mí... No hay que ver sólo las estadísticas, sino todo el cuadro. Para mí, fue un año tremendo y estoy muy feliz de la decisión.

—¿No hubiese sido más fácil llegar a un equipo sin tantas obligaciones?

—A lo mejor hubiese sido más fácil jugar. Pero irte a tu casa sin jugar los playoffs y perdiendo 60 partidos... Yo estuve en equipos que ganan siempre y que van por el título. Me tengo que sacrificar y adaptar. Sabía al equipo que iba... Y si no tenés ese sentimiento, para qué estoy.

—¿Cuánto te falta en cuanto a la adaptación?

—Estoy bien. Al final tuve más confianza. Incluso, tuve que abrir más mi juego, tirar más de afuera. Tampoco voy a ser un Nowitzki...

—¿Y nunca pensaste en cambiar de equipo?

—Lo único que siento hacer es quedarme en San Antonio. Es mi idea. Quiero ayudar lo más que pueda al equipo. Uno no sabe qué puede pasar, porque en la NBA el jugador no tiene opinión. Si te cambian, lo tenés que aceptar. Es así.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-08-2006, 10:23 AM
The calm note, enjoying the rest and a rate very different from the one from San Antonio and the NBA. And not only by the speed with which the day to day is lived. "first that I did it was to eat good ones roasted. The meat cooked with gas is very different, je ", assures Fabricio Oberto. It was an overwhelming year for him. Its disembarkation in the NBA, to surround itself by stars, the infrastructure... But it was not called on to him to play much and, with two years of contract, the doubts arise. - You bancarías another season playing little? - Still lack. It is necessary to know if it rearms the equipment, the changes that will be... The summer did not begin... There are players to whom the contract is finished to them. The desire to play I have them and are many. Later, when you see the paper and you say I am going to be the fifth or sixth pivot, it is necessary to analyze it when it happens. To speak today does not have much sense. That yes, I am going to have to improve my work. The technical part I have it learned. - and if it is repeated? - I believe that all they know it clearly: this year was experience, adaptation. And by something I have a good contract by three years. It would be very rare that they take to a player so that is seeing the NBA from the bank. - Vos you hoped to have so few minutes? - I do not know if it waited for it. I was not with the goal to play 15 or 20 minutes. I was with the objective to enjoy to be in the equipment, each practice and minute in field. Much people say ' ' not juegá'. But it is necessary to see the function that tenés inside of the equipment: I also helped. Perhaps, next year, they must put to other to give rest me... It is not necessary to see only the statistics, but all the picture. For me, it was a tremendous year and I am very happy of the decision. - it had not been easier to arrive at an equipment without so many obligations? - Perhaps it had been easier to play. But irte to your house without playing playoffs and losing 60 parties... I was in equipment that always wins and that goes by the title. I must myself sacrifice and adapt. It knew to the equipment that went... And if not tenés that feeling, why I am. - How much you need as far as the adaptation? - I am well. In the end I had more confidence. Even, I had to open plus my game, to throw more of outside. I am not either going to be a Nowitzki... - and you never thought about changing of equipment? - the only thing that I feel to do is to have left I in San Antonio. It is my idea. I want to help more than it can to the equipment. One does not know what can happen, because in the NBA the player does not have opinion. If they change to you, tenés that to accept. It is thus.

kolko
06-08-2006, 10:55 AM
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/anexos/imagen/06/527785.jpg

Fabbs
06-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Could one of you Spanglish speaking please give a complete translation?

diego
06-08-2006, 12:45 PM
*rough*

He seems calm, enjoying the rest and a rythm far removed from San Antonio and the NBA. And not just because of the speed of daily life. "The first thing i did was eat some barbeque. Meat cooked over gas is very different, heh", says Fabricio Oberto. It was an awesome (as in 'shock and awe') year for him. His arrival in the NBA, surrounded by stars, the infrastructure... But he didnt play much and, with two years left on his contract, there are doubts.

—¿Would you accept another season playing so little?

—There is still a ways to go. You have to know how the team will re-equip, what changes there will be... Summer hasnt started yet... There are players whose contracts end. I want to play and badly. After, when you look on paper and see you are the 5th or 6th big, you have to analyze it when it happens. Talking today doesnt make much sense. Still, Im going to have to improve my work. The technical part i've learned.

—¿And if the situation repeats?

—I think everyone is clear on it: this year was for experience, adaptation. Thats why i have a good 3 year contract. It would be strange to pick a guy up so he can watch the NBA from the bench.

—¿Did you expect so few minutes?

—I dont know if i expected it. I came in with the goal to play 15-20 min. I came with the goal to enjoy being part of the team, each practice and each minute on the court. A lot of people say "he doesnt play". But you have to see the function to the team: I also helped. Maybe, next year, someone has to come in to give me a rest... You cant just look at stats, but the big picture. For me, its been a tremendous year and im happy with my decision

—¿Wouldnt it have been easier to go to a team with less responsiblity?

—Maybe it would have been easier to play. But going home without getting to the playoffs and losing 60 games... Ive always been on winners, contenders. I have to sacrifice and adapt. I knew which team i was going to... And if you dont have that feeling/mentality, why go.

—¿Whats missing to adapt?

—Im ok. Towards the end i had more confidence. I even had to open my game, shoot more from distance. but its not like im going to be a Nowitzki...

—¿you never thought of changing teams?

—The only thing i plan to do is stay in SA. Thats my plan. I want to help the team as much as i can. you never know what will happen, because in the nBA the player has no choice. If you are traded, you must accept it. thats the way it is

SPARKY
06-08-2006, 12:46 PM
—¿Fabricio, who dressed you like a woman?

MadDog73
06-08-2006, 12:50 PM

:lol

¡Awesome!

diego
06-08-2006, 12:56 PM
its called a scarf homie, its winter down here

Fabbs
06-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Gracias diego.

I'm sure Mad Dog approved of Fabs coming out of the game after he played good D on Novitski.

MadDog73
06-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Chill. It was just a funny comment, especially with the inverted question marks.

Plus, are you really defending this pic: http://www.ole.com.ar/diario/2006/06/08/thumb/f035ch01.jpg

That's just a bad photo, not Fabbs fault.

ducks
06-08-2006, 01:31 PM
beno carries a purse did you people know that

picnroll
06-08-2006, 01:40 PM
No problem with the scarf but Oberto should try not to pick his nose during interviews.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-08-2006, 03:00 PM

:lol

Solid D
06-08-2006, 05:31 PM
No problem with the scarf but Oberto should try not to pick his nose during interviews.

You should talk.

:smokin