PDA

View Full Version : To Shit Facing Mecca

mcornelio
06-08-2006, 12:52 PM
JAIL bosses are rebuilding toilets so Muslim inmates don’t have to use them while facing Mecca.

Thousands of pounds of taxpayers money are being spent to ensure lags are not offended.

The Islamic religion prohibits Muslims from facing or turning their backs on the Kiblah — the direction of prayer — when they visit the lav.

Muslim lags claimed they have had to sit sideways on prison WCs.

But after pressure from faith leaders the Home Office has agreed to turn the existing toilets 90 degrees at HMP Brixton in London.

The Home Office refused to reveal the cost of the new facilities — part of an “on-going refurbishment”.

One Muslim former inmate said: “The least the Prison Service can do is make sure people can practise their religion correctly in prison.”

But a Brixton jail officer said: “If they didn’t get locked up for committing crime they would not have this problem. Yet we have to sort out their loos. If we weren’t paying for it as taxpayers I’d laugh my socks off.”

Around a quarter of prisoners at the Category B jail are Muslims.

Labour MP Khalid Mahmood said: “As far as I understand this rule only applies in a place of worship.”

Tory MP Ann Widdecombe said: “Some common sense needs to be applied.”

xrayzebra
06-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Guess those folks are full of it. Home office and the muslims.

spursfaninnewmexico
06-08-2006, 02:58 PM
You gotta be shittin me.

Guess US prisions will be next?

Steve Javie
06-08-2006, 03:06 PM
You gotta be shittin me.

Guess US prisions will be next?

COUNT ON IT

mcornelio
06-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Sorry Wrong Username, Count On It

spursfaninnewmexico
06-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Sorry Wrong Username, Count On It

Hate when that happens.

Spurminator
06-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Link?

Or did you get this in an email?

Spurminator
06-08-2006, 04:07 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/4926114.stm

Jail toilets face away from Mecca

Facilities in a prison are being built so Muslim inmates do not have to face Mecca while sitting on the toilet.

The Home Office said two new toilet blocks are being installed as part of a refurbishment at Brixton jail in south London.

Faith leaders had told prison bosses it was unacceptable for Muslim inmates to face Mecca while using the toilet.

"The refurbishment has been carried out with due consideration for all faiths", a Home Office spokeswoman said.

"Following consultation with faith leaders within the prison, various small adjustments were made to ensure the faith issues of all prisoners are taken into account."

She added: "The money spent did not affect the overall cost of the refurbishment programme."

exstatic
06-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Do Muslims constantly have a compass with them to check their Mecca orientation while on the toity? You'd need a fucking GPS to determine the few degrees that would separate Mecca from Baghdad, from a London perspective...

Guru of Nothing
06-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Who gives a shit.

HAHAHA!

Hook Dem
06-09-2006, 09:35 AM
When you gotta shit......you gotta shit!!!!! No time to get out the compass! :lol

xrayzebra
06-09-2006, 09:51 AM
^^That's what I was thinking. How did they know which way the were facing. Do they
carry a compass? Maybe muslim dingies are magnetized. I hear they use their left hand
to clean themselves, so if they always faced North, as indicated by their dingie, East
would be to their right and the left hand would be the nasty side, so safe to dirty. And
they could also face that way.

I spent a considerable amount of time in Muslim countries and I don't ever recall hearing
their "bomb sights" had to face a certain direction. Their toilets normally consisted of
a whole in the floor, two footprints on the floor and a water faucet on the wall. I do
know they made a mess in "western" style restrooms, because the would try to assume
the same position on the commodes and miss the whole thing and have crap spread
from here to there on the seats. And they had no toilet tissue in their toilets, just the
little water faucet (and no soap either).

Extra Stout
06-09-2006, 10:39 AM
xray, I think that's just an Arab thing, isn't it? That's why Arabs usually smell like shit, because their left hands have the residue of it on them, and pretty much the rest of their personal hygiene follows suit. Swine are cleaner creatures than Arabs.

South Asians think we're disgusting because we only use paper to clean our backsides, rather than washing with water, and I believe that applies to Pakistanis, Indonesians, and Iranians. Perhaps you would know more than me on that.

velik_m
06-09-2006, 10:40 AM
this has to be one of the stupidest things i ever heard.

the real question: when they fuck, are they facing Mecca?

VLADIE_FAN21_POSSE
06-09-2006, 11:39 PM
If I was the fuxing taxpayer paying for that........... I would fork over a few bucks more and place a mirror on the door in front of him so he will have to turn his ass back to the 90 degree angle anywayZ........................... :fro

Guru of Nothing
06-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Do Muslims constantly have a compass with them to check their Mecca orientation while on the toity? You'd need a fucking GPS to determine the few degrees that would separate Mecca from Baghdad, from a London perspective...

Hmmmm... If a prison were placed on the opposite end of the Earth from Mecca, could they never face Mecca, and would their asshole point directly at Mecca everytime they shit?

ETA:

Rougly speaking, my old atlas says the least Muslim locale on Earth is near the heart of French Polynesia (bolded for irony).

Now we know why there were no Muslims on Gilligan's Island.

Nbadan
06-10-2006, 03:24 AM
Now we know why there were no Muslims on Gilligan's Island.

Yeah, but there weren't very many, if any, real Muslims in Lawrence of Arabia. (http://imdb.com/title/tt0056172/)

Explain that!

:lol

xrayzebra
06-10-2006, 09:24 AM
^^And if they were on the North Pole, which way would they face, since everything
is South.