PDA

View Full Version : Question for all the Pop Lovers

Fabbs
06-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Those of you who think he is the best coach period, offensively included.

Who had the better playoff roster to work with? And why?
Pop
AJ
Pat Riley
D' Antoni
Adleman

yes ducks, this year.

ducks
06-08-2006, 11:10 PM
this year?

Please_dont_ban_me
06-09-2006, 12:32 AM
Pop.

But if you're talking health-wise...Riley. Wade/Shaq were pretty healthy going in.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-09-2006, 12:32 AM
I can only assume by the title that this is supposed to be a "Pop had all the tools and still couldn't coach us to a win" type thread.

thispego
06-09-2006, 12:49 AM
is this question only for people who think pop is the best coach period?

Fabbs
06-09-2006, 12:50 AM
I can only assume by the title that this is supposed to be a "Pop had all the tools and still couldn't coach us to a win" type thread.

No actually it's done in the same spirit as conquesos thread about all the Pop Haters.

Altho yes, I indeed think Pop had the best lineup top to bottom and thereby got outcoached. Challenge anyone to tell me who had a better lineup. So far only ginobili_is_god thinks Pop did not have the best lineup.

Fabbs
06-09-2006, 12:52 AM
Pop.

But if you're talking health-wise...Riley. Wade/Shaq were pretty healthy going in.

Overall ready to play NBA playoffs as is. Such as Duncan. Screw what he had with his foot in the reg season. He rocked in the playoffs.

Wade was def not 100% tonight and the rest of the Heat lineup after Wade/Shaq being anywhere near the Spurs? Please.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-09-2006, 12:53 AM
No actually it's done in the same spirit as conquesos thread about all the Pop Haters.

Altho yes, I indeed think Pop had the best lineup top to bottom and thereby got outcoached. Challenge anyone to tell me who had a better lineup. So far only ginobili_is_god thinks Pop did not have the best lineup.

That's not fair.

Avery is a good coach. But this series wasn't decided by Avery, he did pick out the weaknesses in the Spurs lineup...but our lineup was also banged up (Tim and TP) as well an assist from the zebra's.

Fabbs
06-09-2006, 12:59 AM
That's not fair.

Avery is a good coach. But this series wasn't decided by Avery, he did pick out the weaknesses in the Spurs lineup...but our lineup was also banged up (Tim and TP) as well an assist from the zebra's.

TP was banged up because of Pops idiodic leaving him in clinched Game 6 in the late 3rd while up 20 points. Ron Artest was already himself injured, had the obvious look in his eye like "I'm off my meds and am looking to bodyslam the 1st Spur i get a chance to." Sure enough Parker drives the lane, gets slammed and reinjures his theigh/groin. What the hell was the meaningless layup supposed to mean? Very poor coaching.

Duncan banged up? C'mon he was good enough for 30/14.

Zebras? Oh yeah they handed Dirk Game 3. But why is it even that close a score? Only one game anyways. Pops no ball movement offense is pure crap.

Dre_7
06-09-2006, 01:01 AM
If everyone is completely healthy then Pop had the best roster.

Again, if Manu doesnt foul, or he or Duncan make the possible game winner, no one is talking about getting outcoached. The PLAYERS had a shot to win game 7, and they didnt do what they had to do.

Period point blank.

Winnipeg_Spur
06-09-2006, 01:04 AM
I don't know, the Spurs had some pretty major holes (backup point, athletic 3s and 4s) and yet they were in pretty decent position in all the games (except game 2). If the Spurs hang on and win that series the storyline is what a good job Pop did adjusting, what a bold move it was to nail our bigs to the bench, etc. Instead since we lost (by the slimmest margins imaginable) the storyline is how weak Pop is, adjusting to the other team instead of forcing them to make the changes.

The reality is probably somewhere in between, like it always is. But then, that's not nearly as interesting...

Please_dont_ban_me
06-09-2006, 01:07 AM
TP was banged up because of Pops idiodic leaving him in clinched Game 6 in the late 3rd while up 20 points. Ron Artest was already himself injured, had the obvious look in his eye like "I'm off my meds and am looking to bodyslam the 1st Spur i get a chance to." Sure enough Parker drives the lane, gets slammed and reinjures his theigh/groin. What the hell was the meaningless layup supposed to mean? Very poor coaching.

Duncan banged up? C'mon he was good enough for 30/14.

Zebras? Oh yeah they handed Dirk Game 3. But why is it even that close a score? Only one game anyways. Pops no ball movement offense is pure crap.

It's the playoffs. You have to leave your guys in, leave nothing to doubt. You can't blame Artest being a jackass on Pop.

That's what scares me, if he went for 30/14 on a bum foot...imagine what he could've done if he had some lift? I can't wait until next year when he's full healthy.

No ball movement? Have you watched the Spurs in the past? If anything we OVER move the ball now, and don't get it into Tim enough. I wish we'd run 4 down and get the fuck out of his way more often.

Fabbs
06-09-2006, 01:19 AM

Again, if Manu doesnt foul, or he or Duncan make the possible game winner, no one is talking about getting outcoached. The PLAYERS had a shot to win game 7, and they didnt do what they had to do.

Period point blank.

So you're saying who had the better rooster?

ChumpDumper
06-09-2006, 01:21 AM
So you're saying who had the better rooster?
http://home.earthlink.net/~lladams2/Dave/big%20frickin%20rooster.jpg

Fabbs
06-09-2006, 01:26 AM
It's the playoffs. You have to leave your guys in, leave nothing to doubt. You can't blame Artest being a jackass on Pop.

No ball movement? Have you watched the Spurs in the past? If anything we OVER move the ball now, and don't get it into Tim enough. I wish we'd run 4 down and get the fuck out of his way more often.

1. "Your guys" include your bench guys. You're doubting a 20 point lead with a little over a quarter to go and the heart of the Kings taken out with Artests twisted ankle? That is a major diss to your own bench people. Yes I can blame Pop and a-n-y coach for not being wary of Artest going off on one of your players. See 2003 replay of Game 6 vs Mavs and the Kerrminator. Pop had NO intention of putting him the game, it was injury to Tony and Speedy.

2. Get it to Tim more is fine. All 4 other players then standing around is dense, not brilliant. Also numerous times Tony crossed halfcourt quickly, then slowed his dribble to a snails pace and stayed in the same general place. Waited, took 6 more dribbles then launched a brick up. That is piss poor offensive strategy. No chance for O rebound, plus all it does and did is allow the Dallas D to rest.

Fabbs
06-09-2006, 01:26 AM
http://home.earthlink.net/~lladams2/Dave/big%20frickin%20rooster.jpg

:lol I got owned on that one.

GrandeDavid
06-09-2006, 05:39 AM

Period point blank.

Everyone, please listen to this man. He's kicking the science like KRS-One. I agree completely. The plays earn the big bucks to execute down the stretch. The Spurs players, their star players, had opportunities to get it done in about three games, but just couldn't. Props to Dallas for taking advantage. See you next season.

travis2
06-09-2006, 07:14 AM
The fucking idiots around here just won't quit with the IQ-30 threads...:rolleyes

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
06-09-2006, 07:30 AM
[From]a Chicago Tribune columnist: "I've bounced around the playoffs and have seen most of the teams in person, and the best team I've seen is the Spurs. They just didn't win. It happens."

(Buck Harvey 6/04/2006)

strangeweather
06-09-2006, 08:28 AM
I think our roster is as good as anyone's. But I also think that having the best roster only matters in power rankings. You play one team at a time, and either you beat them or you go home. If you don't match up well enough for that team, it doesn't matter if you could have buried every other team in the league.

We had serious matchup problems with the Mavs. That wouldn't have changed if we had played Nazr "The Dirkstopper" Mohammed.

MadDog73
06-09-2006, 09:02 AM
I think our roster is as good as anyone's. But I also think that having the best roster only matters in power rankings. You play one team at a time, and either you beat them or you go home. If you don't match up well enough for that team, it doesn't matter if you could have buried every other team in the league.

We had serious matchup problems with the Mavs. That wouldn't have changed if we had played Nazr "The Dirkstopper" Mohammed.

I agree. Because of the matchup problems, Mavs were a deeper team.

Just look at the points: currently, the Mavs have 4 players making couble digits in the playoffs, and one not far behind:

Dirk 27.7 ppg, Terry 18.6 ppg, Howard 17 ppg, Stackhouse 13.9, Harris 9.6.

Spurs in playoffs: Tim 25.8 ppg, Tony 21.1, Manu 18.4, Finley 10.5.

Now, it's true that the Spurs avg. ppg is actually higher than the Mavs (103.1 vs 101.8), so that obviously doesn't tell the whole story, but my point is, AJ did not beat us with a bunch of scrubs.

The sooner Spurs fans recognize we got beat closely by a very good team that will probably beat the Heat in 6 or less, the better off they'll be.

Obviously, when we ge beat, there is a tendency to blame something: the Coach, the players, the refs, luck, the weathe...

Bottom line: Mavs are the best team this year, and the Spurs almost beat them. Be proud, Spurs fans.

GoSpurs21
06-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Pop had the best roster, but unfortunetly he choose to play HITA NVE, nothing left in the tank Horry and cool as ice Barry way too much. I just wish Pop would have lengthened his roster to at least 10 and benched NVE. Play both bigs alittle and Beno instead of the no defense offenese retarder NVE.

But even so, the players mainly Manu, Berry and Horry pissed away 3 fucking games.

Fabbs
06-09-2006, 10:16 AM
So far only two votes from the entire board that say a coach other then Pop had the better lineup.

2 votes for AJ
1 ginobili_is_god AJ had the best group of guys...they are solid in every aspect of the game.
2 MadDog73 AJ had better lineup.

3 non votes that are saying health. Look the vote is for as the teams were healthwise.
1 Please_dont_ban_me Pop or Riley? You need to pick one. Teams as is, no what if health stuff.
2 Dre_7 also playing the health card. The vote is as the teams were.
3 GrandeDavid

3 non votes with commentary.
GhostofAlfrederickHughes
Winnipeg_Spur
For you ones who say we would have been singing Pops praises if at the end of Game 7 GNob had not have fouled or the refs not have hozed Timmy at the end, in a word no. To me the score should not have been that close, altho Game 7 yes is a GNob blunder no doubt. Gnob do not leave the game up to incompetent or paid off refs. Pop warned in the timeout preceding.
strangeweather are you saying it was a tie?

1 vote for help
travis2 attempting to grow spine, can we pitch in and donate towards spinal surgery? Welcome to rejoin thread and vote if grown.

Fabbs
06-09-2006, 10:18 AM
thispego asks "is this question only for people who think pop is the best coach period?"

No! Anyone can vote.
If you think the Spurs had the best roster, by all means vote.*

*Women of C.H.E.S.T. and/or Hooters Girls may be coming by your neighborhood with van to transport voters to and from polls.

strangeweather
06-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Head to head, they had the better roster -- that's pretty much what matchup problems mean.

raspsa
06-09-2006, 12:16 PM
The Mavs have the deepest bench this season.

Fabbs
06-09-2006, 04:08 PM
So break it down for me you "Dallas has a better roster then the Spurs" people. I'm not buying that at all.

T. Duncan >> Dampier huge + Spurs
T. Parker = J Terry. Only because Parkers injury (due to Pop IMO.)
M. Ginobili = Josh Howard
M. Finley = Stackhouse
B. Bowen < Dirk Altho the advantage is not as huge as one would think. Many thought Pop could have done as D'Antoni did and have Bowen play some offense also as Diop did vs Dirk, make Dirk play some D and tire him out for O. Would not have "stopped" Dirk but certainly slowed him down vs Phx.
Laugh at Bowens O all you want, he displayed a lot of improvement this year. Plus even if he just worked Dirk then passed off, a lot better then4 Down Stand n Veg (repeat feeding Tim was great, having the other 4 stand around while clock burned simply a. let Dallas rest on D b. gave little or no opportunity for O rebound. Oh btw, Spurs outrebounded 11 of 13 playoff games.)
B. Barry = Devin Harris. For those squaking that the Spurs did not have a backup point guard, Barry did just fine the several times e ran the point as a starter in the 2nd half. Dallas went with Harris and Terry together many times. Sure they might zip past Barry but with a real ball movement offense
isolating Barry on either small on O, he would score aplenty on Harris or Terry.
R. Horry = Van Horn
N. Mohammed = see vs Phx last year. I think he could have done whatever Diop did.
B. Udrih =
R. Nesterovic =
N. Van Exel = was both good and bad.
F. Oberto = 11 minutes vs Dirk and all Dirk got was a layup off a screen and some more of his bogus FTs in his 24 FTA off of 3-9 shot attempts.

MadDog73
06-09-2006, 04:29 PM
So break it down for me you "Dallas has a better roster then the Spurs" people. I'm not buying that at all.

Stats don't lie: http://www.nba.com/spurs/stats/2005/conf_semi_stats.html

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/stats/2005/conf_semi_stats.html

Tim was the best player with 32.3 ppg.
Manu had 21.3, Tony had 20.1; which was great.

Then Spurs get into trouble:

Michael Finley: 37 min, 10.6 pts.
Brent Barry: 23 min, 5.3 pts.
Bruce Bowen: 38.4 min, 4.7 pts (yes, I realize that Bruce is defensive, but that's still below his regular season stats of 7.5 ppg)

Dallas?

5 players avg in double digits:

Dirk: 27.1; Terry 19.7; Howard 16.4; Stackhouse 16; Harris 12.7 ppg

91.9 pts from those 5.

Spurs get 89.6 from their top 5. Close, very close, but so were the games.

I guess next you'll tell me that Nazr or Rasho would get more points than they'd allow on the other end, if they played more minutes.... :rolleyes

BTW, Dirk owned the Spurs, as his PPG actually went up against the Spurs vs the regular season.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 04:35 PM
The difference wasn't that great (OT Game 7). One big 3 or small 4 who can stay with Dirk and body him up on the glass was about it. Or perhaps an otherwise clutch SG who knows to let a guy go for 2 when you are up 3 with 20 secs left.

MadDog73
06-09-2006, 04:36 PM
The difference wasn't that great (OT Game 7). One big 3 or small 4 who can stay with Dirk and body him up on the glass was about it. Or perhaps an otherwise clutch SG who knows to let a guy go for 2 when you are up 3 with 20 secs left.

In other words, not the Coach's fault.

Fabbs
06-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Stats don't lie: http://www.nba.com/spurs/stats/2005/conf_semi_stats.html

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/stats/2005/conf_semi_stats.html

Tim was the best player with 32.3 ppg.
Manu had 21.3, Tony had 20.1; which was great.

Then Spurs get into trouble:

Michael Finley: 37 min, 10.6 pts.
Brent Barry: 23 min, 5.3 pts.
Bruce Bowen: 38.4 min, 4.7 pts (yes, I realize that Bruce is defensive, but that's still below his regular season stats of 7.5 ppg)

Dallas?

5 players avg in double digits:

Dirk: 27.1; Terry 19.7; Howard 16.4; Stackhouse 16; Harris 12.7 ppg

91.9 pts from those 5.

Spurs get 89.6 from their top 5. Close, very close, but so were the games.

I guess next you'll tell me that Nazr or Rasho would get more points than they'd allow on the other end, if they played more minutes.... :rolleyes

BTW, Dirk owned the Spurs, as his PPG actually went up against the Spurs vs the regular season.

I say you are completely making my point. Dallas spread offense vs our Stand n Veg. You are saying Finley Barry and Bowen are incapable of putting up double figures? I say poppycock, that is Pops non offense all the way.
You tell me how Nazr accomplished what he did last years playoffs and then tell me how for a fact he/Nazr would have sucked this year. We just don't know.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 04:41 PM
In other words, not the Coach's fault.

Everyone bears some responsibility. The point is, I think, that the difference between the Spurs and Mavericks was a bounce here or there; a rebound, a turnover, a touch foul, a technical foul, a missed layup. There's not enough there to say that one team was clearly better than the other; and there's not enough there to say that the difference was coaching or players -- it was basketball. One team wins and one team loses and sometimes it's just a matter of a bounce. The Mavericks won and props to them for making their own bounces at times. The Spurs had it in their own hands -- largely, I think, because Popovich made the right decisions to get them there -- and let it slip away. Hopefully, it will be a learning experience and they'll get that fuel that Popovich thought they needed -- the fuel that fed Detroit during the regular season and the fuel that fed Dallas during the playoff series.

ChumpDumper
06-09-2006, 04:42 PM
You tell me how Nazr accomplished what he did last years playoffsHolding Amare to 40 per game?

Fabbs
06-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Holding Amare to 40 per game?
4-1 win and that was with Duncan on Amare plenty of the time. If you are more happy with the 7 game loss to a balanced Dallas attack with no one over 30ppg, oh well.

Old Detroit teams did the same with MJ. Let him score and beat the rest.

The point of this thread is for yout to tell how Dallas lineup was better, so go for it.

MadDog73
I say you are completely making my point. Dallas spread offense vs our Stand n Veg. You are saying Finley Barry and Bowen are incapable of putting up double figures? I say poppycock, that is Pops non offense all the way.

How is it Pop's fault Bowen couldn't make his avg?

Barry scored 0.5 pts less... wow. That made the difference right there. :rolleyes

You tell me how Nazr accomplished what he did last years playoffs and then tell me how for a fact he/Nazr would have sucked this year. We just don't know.

You mean, why did Nazr suck the whole year?
Nazr Mohammed avg 6.2 ppg, playing 17.4 minutes during the regular season. Which isn't bad, but it's not great either.

The biggest problem is, who would Nazr guard? Tim is already guarding Diop or Dampier...

And you can't move Tim to Dirk or Tim would foul out.

I'm telling you, Spurs would have lost in 5 if Nazr played 30 minutes a night, and then even I'd be calling for Pop's head...

ChumpDumper
The point of this thread is for yout to tell how Dallas lineup was better, so go for it.Dampier and Diop can play.

There, I did it.

MadDog73
06-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Everyone bears some responsibility. The point is, I think, that the difference between the Spurs and Mavericks was a bounce here or there; a rebound, a turnover, a touch foul, a technical foul, a missed layup. There's not enough there to say that one team was clearly better than the other; and there's not enough there to say that the difference was coaching or players -- it was basketball. One team wins and one team loses and sometimes it's just a matter of a bounce. The Mavericks won and props to them for making their own bounces at times. The Spurs had it in their own hands -- largely, I think, because Popovich made the right decisions to get them there -- and let it slip away. Hopefully, it will be a learning experience and they'll get that fuel that Popovich thought they needed -- the fuel that fed Detroit during the regular season and the fuel that fed Dallas during the playoff series.

Totally agree. Pop bears some responsibility, of course, but not as much as people like Fabb's are implying.

Fabbs
06-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Dampier and Diop can play.

There, I did it.

2/10 on the weak scale.

ChumpDumper
06-09-2006, 04:49 PM
2/10 on the weak scale.10/10 on the truth scale.

Besides, isn't 2/10 on the weak scale pretty strong?

Think about that for awhile.

strangeweather
06-09-2006, 04:50 PM
So if we had played someone that would have been a complete non-factor on offense and given Dallas an easy way to double-team Tim, suddenly we would have become an offensive dynamo? How does that work, exactly?

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 04:55 PM
10/10 on the truth scale.

Besides, isn't 2/10 on the weak scale pretty strong?

Think about that for awhile.

You must be using the old standard form weak scale. On the new western orthodox weak scale, 2/10 is pretty weak.

MadDog73
06-09-2006, 04:56 PM
You must be using the old standard form weak scale. On the new western orthodox weak scale, 2/10 is pretty weak.

:lol

Fabbs
How is it Pop's fault Bowen couldn't make his avg?

Barry scored 0.5 pts less... wow. That made the difference right there. :rolleyes

You mean, why did Nazr suck the whole year?
Nazr Mohammed avg 6.2 ppg, playing 17.4 minutes during the regular season.

I'm telling you, Spurs would have lost in 5 in Nazr played 30 minutes a night, and then even I'd be calling for Pop's head...

Bowen had how many shot attempts per game? The times Dirk was guarding Bowen run some O by Bowen. Having Tim or Tony hold the ball for 10 seconds while the rest stood in place is what happened 50% of the time. Have Tim hit Bowen/Manu/etc on some cuts. Dumping it in to Tim does not mean the other 4 have to stand. You tell me how D' Antoni took Phx to 6 games vs Dallas and had the lead 3 quarters in of Game 6? Better personell? Please.

Barrys stats 1st half vs 2nd half of season. True its not Pops fault when Barry goes into lockup mode on O. Or is it? Was he encourgaged to shoot more. Were Spurs encouraged to fast break more? When we h-a-d to in the game 7 haltime deficit, how did that go. Wasn't stand n veg 4 down that's for damn sure.

Aggie Fan posted the stats on Nazr starting/playing the latter part of the season when we caught and passed Dallas. 27-6 or something like that. He sure did suck.

I'm well aware we still almost won and in the final seconds it was GNob and the Zebras that finished us.

ChumpDumper
We don't use the goddam metric system here, FWD!

Fabbs
06-09-2006, 05:03 PM
So if we had played someone that would have been a complete non-factor on offense and given Dallas an easy way to double-team Tim, suddenly we would have become an offensive dynamo? How does that work, exactly?

have no idea what you are suggesting. If you think Manu Finley Barry and yes Bowen cannot score more on cut passes from set or doubled Tim, oh well. Jeff Van Gundy will agree with you. :elephant

strangeweather
06-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Bowen had how many shot attempts per game? ...

In summary: Tim lost the series for us by dominating on offense and taking too many high-percentage shots instead of passing out of the single-team?

MadDog73
06-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Bowen had how many shot attempts per game? The times Dirk was guarding Bowen run some O by Bowen. Having Tim or Tony hold the ball for 10 seconds while the rest stood in place is what happened 50% of the time. Have Tim hit Bowen/Manu/etc on some cuts. Dumping it in to Tim does not mean the other 4 have to stand. I'm pretty damn sure Pop would agree with you there.
You tell me how D' Antoni took Phx to 6 games vs Dallas and had the lead 3 quarters in of Game 6? Better personell? Please. Is that true? If so, they must match-up better. Simple as that.

Barrys stats 1st half vs 2nd half of season. True its not Pops fault when Barry goes into lockup mode on O. Or is it? Was he encourgaged to shoot more. Were Spurs encouraged to fast break more? When we h-a-d to in the game 7 haltime deficit, how did that go. Wasn't stand n veg 4 down that's for damn sure. And Pop was pretty upset the way the players played in the first half. But, of course, with all Pop hater's, it's the Coaches fault when we lose, but the players win despite the Coach in victories.... :rolleyes

Aggie Fan posted the stats on Nazr starting/playing the latter part of the season when we caught and passed Dallas. 27-6 or something like that. He sure did suck. Oh, I'm sorry, did we play all those games against Dallas? Reg season, esp against other teams, mean SHIT. Again, tell me who Nazr guards? Dirk?

I'm well aware we still almost won and in the final seconds it was GNob and the Zebras that finished us.

So, it's Pop's fault... no, Manu's, no the Refs, no the weather.

Make up you mind please, whose fault was it we lost?

Could it be (gasp), the Mavs fault we lost?

I don't know, that could be possible.

strangeweather
06-09-2006, 05:06 PM
have no idea what you are suggesting. If you think Manu Finley Barry and yes Bowen cannot score more on cut passes from set or doubled Tim, oh well.
You're the one who said we needed more offense in the same post you were pimping Nazr for more playing time.

Also, Tim saw more single teams than he's seen in years in that series.

ChumpDumper
06-09-2006, 05:08 PM
At any rate, I'm impressed we did as well as we did. We're one player away from being a top small ball team as well as a traditional team.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 05:09 PM
At any rate, I'm impressed we did as well as we did. We're one player away from being a top small ball team as well as a traditional team.

No kidding. Starting Michael Finley at the 4 and they lost the series in OT of a Game 7?

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 05:42 PM

No kidding. Starting Michael Finley at the 4 and they lost the series in OT of a Game 7?

I think that's the greatest solace to me. The Spurs elimination had a great deal to do with what they were missing. And what they were missing is remediable. It's a credit to Pop and to the players that the team was able to come back from down 3-1, after suffering 2 heartbreaking losses in Dallas; and then to come back from down 20 in Game 7, and still have a chance to win the series in the last 30 seconds of regulation.

Of course, had the Spurs won, the Pop bashers would still have found something to complain about -- they always do.

Fabbs
06-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Could it be (gasp), the Mavs fault we lost?

I don't know, that could be possible.

Whenever you want to stop twisting and list the roster of the Mavs and how they specifically are matching up better, go for it.

MadDog73
06-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Whenever you want to stop twisting and list the roster of the Mavs and how they specifically are matching up better, go for it.

Twisting the...

Dude, I just pulled the top 5 scorers from each team! I'm not twisting anything, the stats don't lie.

Now, if you want to continue with this Bullshit that the reason Horry and Bruce missed shots was because of Pop's coaching, fine.

But bottom line, for whatever reason, the Mavs scored more points than the Spurs, and had a deeper roster!

Obstructed_View
06-09-2006, 07:58 PM
But bottom line, for whatever reason, the Mavs scored more points than the Spurs, and had a deeper roster!
The Mavs had a deeper rotation. The Spurs have a deeper roster. If the players are there and don't actually log a single minute in five straight games, it's on nobody but the coach.

bendmz
06-09-2006, 08:37 PM
SPURS by far are the best..... Pop did not DICTATE the tempo..... the millions dollar players did not play...... what else you people want to hear......... get over the shit, dump the dead baggage, and let us move on !!!!!!!!!!

spurschick
06-09-2006, 09:10 PM
One thing is for sure... big changes are coming.

travis2
06-10-2006, 08:47 AM
So far only two votes from the entire board that say a coach other then Pop had the better lineup.

2 votes for AJ
1 ginobili_is_god AJ had the best group of guys...they are solid in every aspect of the game.
2 MadDog73 AJ had better lineup.

3 non votes that are saying health. Look the vote is for as the teams were healthwise.
1 Please_dont_ban_me Pop or Riley? You need to pick one. Teams as is, no what if health stuff.
2 Dre_7 also playing the health card. The vote is as the teams were.
3 GrandeDavid

3 non votes with commentary.
GhostofAlfrederickHughes
Winnipeg_Spur
For you ones who say we would have been singing Pops praises if at the end of Game 7 GNob had not have fouled or the refs not have hozed Timmy at the end, in a word no. To me the score should not have been that close, altho Game 7 yes is a GNob blunder no doubt. Gnob do not leave the game up to incompetent or paid off refs. Pop warned in the timeout preceding.

1 vote for help
travis2 attempting to grow spine, can we pitch in and donate towards spinal surgery? Welcome to rejoin thread and vote if grown.

Oh please...:rolleyes

Idiot newbies are so fun to watch, but they do need to be kicked down every once in a while...

Go ahead...post your solution to how things could have been different. Everyone else (including your boyfriend AHF) has already been destroyed...it's your turn...

zeleni
06-10-2006, 07:06 PM
AJ
Riley
Sanders
Pop (no one was ready for a healthy Duncan.. not even his coach)
d'Antoni