PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker or Jason Terry?

raspsa
06-08-2006, 11:13 PM
Who would you rather have on your team?

atxrocker
06-08-2006, 11:14 PM
tony parker. fuck terry, i hate that piece of shit.

ducks
06-08-2006, 11:14 PM
terry plays way better at home

whottt
06-08-2006, 11:15 PM
Tony Parker just turned 24
Jason Terry is about to turn 29

I'll go with Parker.

MissAllThat
06-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Parker. You must be a new Spurs fan to be asking such a question. 2 NBA titles compared to (maybe) 1. As weird as it is to say this, Parker is more consistent.

xcoriate
06-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Man most Dallas fans don't even take Terry.

Spurologist
06-08-2006, 11:29 PM
It won't be worth it financially. Terry takes ball punching seriously. The spurs don't have the type of money to pay for the man region repairs. I'll take tp.

Fabbs
06-08-2006, 11:29 PM
anyone see the critical play with 2:44 Heat down by only 1.
Shaq can't quite get a handle on the ball, Terry thinks Shaq has the ball, Terry comes over and intentionally fouls Shaq. Shaq then shakes Terry off like a mosquito.
Freaking Baldy Crawford calls offensive foul on Shaq, two free throws for Terry.

Utter Bullcrap.

Trainwreck2100
06-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Terry is going to get Max money which we earned in this year's playoffs after he single-handly gave the series to pheonix last year. The only downsides to Parkes are his disappearings acts and the constant barage of Eva.

Fabbs
06-08-2006, 11:30 PM
^^^ by the way i think Parker is better. :spin Still pissed at Pop-a-Cement for leaving him in Game 6 late up 20 pts so Artest could club him and mess tony up for the Dallas series.

FreshPrince22
06-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Shaq can't quite get a handle on the ball, Terry thinks he has it, Terry comes over and intentionally fouls Shaq. Shaq then shakes Terry off like a mosquito.
Freaking Baldy Crawford calls offensive foul on Shaq, two free throws for Terry.

Utter Bullcrap.

No... Shaq dropped the ball, and when Terry went for it, Shaq threw him out of bounds. It was a legit call.

whottt
06-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Terry is going to get Max money which we earned in this year's playoffs after he single-handly gave the series to pheonix last year. The only downsides to Parkes are his disappearings acts and the constant barage of Eva.

Always a smart move to sign 29 year old point guards to a max 6 year deal. Hopefully Cubie does this, effectively ending his dynasty before it begins.

Think Finley's contract was ugly? Just wait till Terry hits 31-32. And that amnesty rule will be long gone.

Amarelooms
06-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Ummm hard one. Parker is a better true point. Better at driving...probably the best. However, Terry is way better shooter. Wish you could combine the skills of both....guess that would give you a Nash huh lol.

whottt
06-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Jus the fact that Jaon Terry wants the max make me prefer Parker over him...

AMOS7
06-08-2006, 11:36 PM

spurs=bling
06-08-2006, 11:36 PM
William Anthony Parker. Jr

Phenomanul
06-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Give Parker one more year with Chip Engelland.... Yeah.... No brainer there.

PARKER

raspsa
06-08-2006, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE=MissAllThat]Parker. You must be a new Spurs fan to be asking such a question. 2 NBA titles compared to (maybe) 1. As weird as it is to say this, Parker is more consistent.[/QUOTE
Nope, been a Spurs follower for quite a number of years now. Both players are high-scoring PGs. I think Terry is a better clutch performer than Parker so for tight games, I'd prefer Terry. Maybe with a couple more years, Parker will reach that consistency.

Trainwreck2100
06-08-2006, 11:38 PM
Always a smart move to sign 29 year old point guards to a max 6 year deal. Hopefully Cubie does this, effectively ending his dynasty before it begins.

Think Finley's contract was ugly? Just wait till Terry hits 31-32. And that amnesty rule will be long gone.

After the whole Nash leaves gets an MVP and then burns us, Cubes might do it.

MissAllThat
06-08-2006, 11:38 PM

Hmm now wouldn't that be funny? Sounds about like what he didn't want to do for Nash....

As for the Shaq foul, yeah I saw that crap. I thought it was a Terry foul. He grabbed him. So what if Shaq "threw" him off? How much throwing does Shaq really have to do to get rid of Terry? Either way, Terry hacked him first so thats a moot point. Whether or not he had the ball has nothing to do with it. Ball or no ball its a foul. The only difference having possession of the ball would make was if he was shooting then its a shooting foul.

pussycoondotcom
06-08-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm a homo

texas84
Shaq can't quite get a handle on the ball, Terry thinks he has it, Terry comes over and intentionally fouls Shaq. Shaq then shakes Terry off like a mosquito.

Utter Bullcrap.

It starts already... Terry went for the ball and Shaq new he had no chance of getting in down around his feet from a 6'2" guard, so he pushed him away. Take off the biased glasses man.

windboy226

Utter Bullcrap.

Man..it's crazy what some Spurs fans see when Dallas plays. I take Parker over Terry any day. The last thing Parker needs to really work on is his long range shot(and free throws) and he's close to being a complete player. But if I'm Dallas I take Terry because Devin is like Tony Lite and we need Terry's outside shooting.

Fabbs
06-08-2006, 11:40 PM
No... Shaq dropped the ball, and when Terry went for it, Shaq threw him out of bounds. It was a legit call.

Negatory. Watch who makes contact 1st.

spurs=bling
06-08-2006, 11:41 PM
pussycoondotcom= Mark Cuban???

MissAllThat
I think Terry is a better clutch performer than Parker so for tight games, I'd prefer Terry.

For tight games: ok

For a whole season though? At this point? Even with the age difference? Having both would be wonderful. Start Tony, throw Terry in there if its close/when you need a boost. But that's all.

whottt
I'm a homo!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum...and, goodbye.

pussycoondotcom
06-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Did pussycoondotcom ever exist? His words sure don't.

MissAllThat
06-08-2006, 11:43 PM
pussycoondotcom= Mark Cuban???

No, pussycoondotcom= a 5 year old who needs to go back to bed before his mom finds out and takes away his tv watching privileges for the entire finals.

Trainwreck2100
I work gloryholes for a living

For the record it was not Kori that banned your stupid ass, it was whott. Also pussycoon.com is not a valid domain

Nikos
For the regular season Tony Parker was noticably better this season. In the series meeting they were about equal. Terry just happened to have better games at more opportune times. Terry had some subpar games himself in the Spurs series, altough he did have a couple excellent ones.

Parker is better at creating his own offense, but Terry is money if you leave him open. Terry would probably be an excellent fit on SA but he hasn't played like the better player this season.

spurs=bling
06-08-2006, 11:45 PM
No, pussycoondotcom= a 5 year old who needs to go back to bed before his mom finds out and takes away his tv watching privileges for the entire finals.
oh okay

Spurologist
06-08-2006, 11:46 PM
After the whole Nash leaves gets an MVP and then burns us, Cubes might do it.

Cubie got gang raped by gorillas so anything is possible.

I have proof

spurs=bling
06-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Cubie got gang raped by gorillas so anything is possible.

I have proof
:lmao

Leetonidas
06-09-2006, 12:09 AM
Tony's not unclutch. He's hit some pretty clutch shots.

Remember last year when he the three over Camby in OT?

I'd take Tony over any PG in the league because he's young and very experienced.

FreshPrince22
06-09-2006, 12:19 AM
Tony...

Winnipeg_Spur
06-09-2006, 12:24 AM
Terry really wants max money? That's nuts, although I guess if he has a couple more games like tonight he may get close to it. :)

Seriously, who exactly would the Mavericks be bidding against in this case? I really doubt there's a team out there who has Terry in the middle of their rebuilding plan like Phoenix did for Nash...

edit: Oh, and Tony, to actually answer the question... :)

Holmes_Fans
06-09-2006, 12:31 AM
You have to remember you are on a spurs forum, they only see things how they want to.

Louie Vega
06-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Ummm hard one. Parker is a better true point. Better at driving...probably the best. However, Terry is way better shooter. Wish you could combine the skills of both....guess that would give you a Nash huh lol.

:stfu :smchode: :flipoff :flag:

Louie Vega
06-09-2006, 01:01 AM
You have to remember you are on a spurs forum, they only see things how they want to. :stfu :stfu :makemyday :flipoff :flipoff :cuss :bang

Mavs_All_the_Way
06-09-2006, 01:10 AM
Parker. You must be a new Spurs fan to be asking such a question. 2 NBA titles compared to (maybe) 1. As weird as it is to say this, Parker is more consistent.

More Consistant??

Bwahahahahahahahaha

Yeah like scoring 2 points in the 4th quarter plus OT in Game 7 that saw your demise?

Kori Ellis
06-09-2006, 01:16 AM
They are both good basketball players.

I'd keep Tony. He shot 54% this season (Terry's career FG% is 44). Tony just turned 24; Terry is almost 29. Tony and Pop have a very good relationship. He has some shortcomings but I think that I'd give him another season or two before I'd consider trading him for anyone.

(And for Mavs fans who don't know - Tony doesn't score as much in the 4th because the Spurs game plan switches in the 4th and the ball doesn't go through him. Also, he was pretty hurt in the Mavs series so it's not a fair assessment of the norm for him.)

Leetonidas
06-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Now you are pushing it with that. You can't seriously say you would rather have Tony than Nash unless you are basing it completely on age. Billups would also be good for our team. But I am happy with Tony.

Nash is a liability on the defense. Tony is a pretty damn good defender.

MissAllThat
06-09-2006, 01:33 AM
More Consistant??

Bwahahahahahahahaha

Yeah like scoring 2 points in the 4th quarter plus OT in Game 7 that saw your demise?

Why would you bold part of what I said and then still spell the word incorrectly even though you had it spelled perfectly for you in the first place? I have no idea what "consistant" means.

As for the 2 points in the 4th quarter, the Spurs as a whole only scored 7 points. That was the only shot he took. He still finished the game with 24 points. He had more points than Terry in all but 2 games, and he was injured. Duncan missed 6 shots in OT, with several of them being ones he usually makes and 2 of them being lay-ups (essentially tip-ins). Does that mean Duncan had a bad game or is inconsistent or that I'd trade him for Dirk? No, no, and NO. It was overtime. They were all tired. The game plan for OT was to get the ball to Duncan. He was the one having the big game. It didn't work. Oh well, it was worth a try and was a logical move. Parker's a POINT guard. That's his job. His job isn't to go around and score tons of points like a shooting guard does. Maybe you should learn your positions. Actually scratch that, go back to school and learn how to spell first.

Mavs_All_the_Way
06-09-2006, 01:34 AM
They are both good basketball players.

I'd keep Tony. He shot 54% this season (Terry's career FG% is 44). Tony just turned 24; Terry is almost 29. Tony and Pop have a very good relationship. He has some shortcomings but I think that I'd give him another season or two before I'd consider trading him for anyone.

(And for Mavs fans who don't know - Tony doesn't score as much in the 4th because the Spurs game plan switches in the 4th and the ball doesn't go through him. Also, he was pretty hurt in the Mavs series so it's not a fair assessment of the norm for him.)

Nice excuse for someone who is known for dissapearing during playoff time....

ChumpDumper
06-09-2006, 01:35 AM
Did I ever mention that global ignore fucking rules?

windboy226
06-09-2006, 01:35 AM

Man, no need to be a jerk...Parker torched us good a few times this playoff series.

Kori Ellis
06-09-2006, 01:37 AM

Not an excuse. Just reality. He averaged 21 ppg against the Mavs and could barely walk the night before a few of the games. He didn't shoot great, but he still did what he could. Yes, in the past, he faded in the playoffs on occasion since he didn't have a jumpshot. But since the All-Star break, he hit 46% of his shots outside 16 feet. So I think that's a good indicator of things to come.

Like I said, I think Terry is a very good basketball player too. But I think Tony fits here and will give him a couple more years of improvement before I'd think of trading him for anyone.

MissAllThat
06-09-2006, 01:37 AM
You have to remember you are on a spurs forum, they only see things how they want to.

No, I for one would like to see the right calls being made. Unfortunately i don't see that in most games, but thats how I'd like to see it. I've always thought Shaq muscled his way into the basket, and by "muscled" I mean fouled. I'm not saying he didn't do that in this game, but on that one particular play, he got fouled first. That is all. Maybe the ones who are seeing things the way they want to is you Mavs fans who despite the fact that the rest of the country saw horrible refereeing in favor of the Mavs throughout the entire Spurs/Mavs series still deny that anything of the sort went on and act like its just Spurs fans making things up.

windboy226
06-09-2006, 02:37 AM
No, I for one would like to see the right calls being made. Unfortunately i don't see that in most games, but thats how I'd like to see it. I've always thought Shaq muscled his way into the basket, and by "muscled" I mean fouled. I'm not saying he didn't do that in this game, but on that one particular play, he got fouled first. That is all. Maybe the ones who are seeing things the way they want to is you Mavs fans who despite the fact that the rest of the country saw horrible refereeing in favor of the Mavs throughout the entire Spurs/Mavs series still deny that anything of the sort went on and act like its just Spurs fans making things up.

I think because the Spurs lost a lot of spurs fans only see the bad calls that went against the Spurs(which is natural). There were plenty to be sure but there were plenty of bad calls against Dallas too. Just like tonight's game... most Heat fans were upset at the ticky tack fouls on Haslem but they won't mention the 2 fouls that weren't called when Haslem pushed Dirk from behind on rebounds. Big calls went against the Spurs in game 3 and 4 but they also made crucial mistakes at the end of each game. Things have a way of breaking your way when you win a championship(not saying that the Mavs have already won) and teams that seem destined to win have that luck. Once Ginobilli fouled Dirk on that last play in game 7 it felt like Dallas' year(I thought the season was over after Ginobill hit that 3).

T-Pain
06-09-2006, 02:40 AM
Parker. Terry is doin good because he has a lot of good players to work with. I barely heard about JT when he was in the ATL.

intlspurshk
06-09-2006, 02:44 AM
In this year playoff, JT >> TP but I will take TP without doubt.

Mavs_All_the_Way
06-09-2006, 02:54 AM
Parker. Terry is doin good because he has a lot of good players to work with. I barely heard about JT when he was in the ATL.

And Parker doesn't have "good" players around him to work with?

Mavs_All_the_Way
06-09-2006, 02:57 AM
Just put Parker in Atlanta and I can assure you he would be mediocre at best...kinda like Joe Johnson...

Nbadan
06-09-2006, 02:57 AM
Tony Parker. Terry still plays matador d.

milkyway21
06-09-2006, 02:58 AM
like Kobe I will say "that's a..........Never mind.

Tony! I will only trade Tony for AI, no one else:rolleyes

i think the Mavs are winning bec they finally found teamwork not bec of Terry. Dirk is still the one who can lead the team to win games not him. With all the preparation concentrated on Dirk Terry had his day tonight but it won't be for long... (ref Spurs-Mavs game 7).

Nbadan
06-09-2006, 03:02 AM
If Sacramento had AI they would be in the Finals. Someone get me on the phone to the Maloof brothers.

:lol

BigD1
06-09-2006, 03:07 AM
Tony Parker just turned 24
Jason Terry is about to turn 29

I'll go with Parker.wrong! Terry will be 28 in Sept! Quit hatin',Dallas will be too much to handle next year with Harris, and Howard emerging as legitimate All-Star players.

Mavs_All_the_Way
06-09-2006, 03:09 AM
wrong! Terry will be 28 in Sept! Quit hatin',Dallas will be too much to handle next year with Harris, and Howard emerging as legitimate All-Star players.
One more thing to add:

Dallas will actually repeat next year..

New Sheriff in town...Dallas.

21Spurs20
06-09-2006, 03:21 AM
One more thing to add:

:lol wtf??? and Mavs fans wonder why everybody hates them.

windboy226
06-09-2006, 03:23 AM
One more thing to add:

Idiotic...I think we have to win this year because next year it might be more difficult to win with Amare back in Phoenix and a retooled bench with the Spurs. We're a young team so we have a window to compete for a championship but to be so arrogant is just stupid when we haven't even won this one yet..

ponky
06-09-2006, 03:24 AM

I'm not going to argue Terry or Parker but do you think Parker was really a bigger factor than Speedy Claxton in the Finals against the Nets? I mean he really choked (he was young though) and Speedy really showed up and played great. I would tend to think that Claxton was the more important PG in the Finals for that year.

ponky
06-09-2006, 03:26 AM
:lol wtf??? and Mavs fans wonder why everybody hates them.

Oh please, it's no different than the Spurs fans saying they will be back next year and they will beat the Mavericks big time. So touchy. BTW, if you ever read some other team boards (non-mavs of course) not *everyone* hates us the way they hate the Spurs.

ChumpDumper
06-09-2006, 03:28 AM
Well, Mavfan -- you are incorrect. The only reason Parker had problems was because the Nets changed their entire defense to cope with him beause he was beating the living shit out of Kidd. They switched Kittles onto him and he did struggle -- when Claxton came in they tried returning to their conventional D, and Speedy beat the living shit out Kidd just as easily.

Mavs_All_the_Way
06-09-2006, 03:46 AM
Idiotic...I think we have to win this year because next year it might be more difficult to win with Amare back in Phoenix and a retooled bench with the Spurs. We're a young team so we have a window to compete for a championship but to be so arrogant is just stupid when we haven't even won this one yet..

Retooled bench??

With what money??????

They're over the cap, they are getting older and slower...

They think this guy Javkotas is going to get them over the hump...WRONG!

Mavs_All_the_Way
06-09-2006, 03:52 AM

Dallas will win this year and repeat next year.. book it!

Melmart1
06-09-2006, 03:54 AM
Retooled bench??

With what money??????

We were a bounce or two from beating you. There is no "hump" to get over when it could have gone either way.

One or two pieces (we DO have the MLE and LLE) and this Spurs team is versatile enough to play chess with anyone, including the Mavs.

BTW, try winning the FIRST championship before talk of repeating. Miami is not going to go away very easily.

windboy226
06-09-2006, 04:00 AM
Retooled bench??

With what money??????

They still have the mid-level and they have a trade chip in Barry. Either way it's a little annoying that you come to this board to talk trash..We were only a bounce or two from losing the series. You certainly wouldn't be here if we had lost...as evidence from your low post count I'm sure you weren't here the past few years when the Spurs beat us pretty handily. Fans like you on both sides just annoy the hell out of me. Please jump off the bandwagon.

Mavs_All_the_Way
06-09-2006, 04:08 AM
you're talking about low post count??

RonMexico
06-09-2006, 04:10 AM
Just put Parker in Atlanta and I can assure you he would be mediocre at best...kinda like Joe Johnson...

Joe Johnson had a career year and actually defied some of the expectations of the prognosticators who said he wouldn't be able to shoot or pass well enough in Atlanta... of course, the Hawks still lost a lot of games because they really had no other threats besides Al Harrington and Joe would be better as a 2-guard who can distribute and rebound and get open looks without having to create his own shot... but I can assure you that he's far from mediocre right now, just his team continues to wallow in mediocrity...

windboy226
06-09-2006, 04:11 AM
And I'm not here talking noise and saying the Mavs are gonna win it all next year when we haven't won our first. Go do that on a Mavs site but it's just plain annoying when you come to a Spurs site or any other team for that matter just to rub it in..You're the reason why some Spurs fans hate other Mavs fans and label us as trolls..

RonMexico
06-09-2006, 04:13 AM
Well, Mavfan -- you are incorrect. The only reason Parker had problems was because the Nets changed their entire defense to cope with him beause he was beating the living shit out of Kidd. They switched Kittles onto him and he did struggle -- when Claxton came in they tried returning to their conventional D, and Speedy beat the living shit out Kidd just as easily.

Oh, but according to Darrin, Jason Kidd is the best defensive guard in the league - how is that possible?

He said it on another thread, but I'm too stoned and lazy and giving herpes to women in Atlanta to post the link for you...

RonMexico
06-09-2006, 04:15 AM
And I'm not here talking noise and saying the Mavs are gonna win it all next year when we haven't won our first. Go do that on a Mavs site but it's just plain annoying when you come to a Spurs site or any other team for that matter just to rub it in..You're the reason why some Spurs fans hate other Mavs fans and label us as trolls..

You are the best Mavs fan I've ever seen on this board - almost enough to make me change my opinion on the city of Dallas - but some of your city's representatives here in College Station and in courtside seats on TV still keep sabatoging any chance of that happening...

Mavs_All_the_Way
06-09-2006, 04:29 AM
They still have the mid-level and they have a trade chip in Barry. Either way it's a little annoying that you come to this board to talk trash..We were only a bounce or two from losing the series. You certainly wouldn't be here if we had lost...as evidence from your low post count I'm sure you weren't here the past few years when the Spurs beat us pretty handily. Fans like you on both sides just annoy the hell out of me. Please jump off the bandwagon.

Is not like the Mavs won on a buzzer beater, the Spurs still had 5 extra minutes in overtime to get it done and they didn't...

Mavs_All_the_Way
06-09-2006, 04:33 AM

You haven't seen these "intelligent" spurs fans bombarding Mavs forums during the series saying how they were the "better" team and whining about the officiating (they still do) and predicting the Spurs winning the series 4-1 lol :lol

TDMVPDPOY
06-09-2006, 04:36 AM
jt doesnt dissappear :) > scrub mention

windboy226
06-09-2006, 04:39 AM
Is that really your best argument?? No, we just tied on a nearly last second shot..Ginobilli doesn't foul Dirk on that last play and we might have spent the rest of the summer talking about how close we came to beating the Spurs for the 1st time. Outside of game 2 almost every game came down to the last shot. Yeah we won overtime but what if that foul on Duncan isn't called in game 3? Or if the Spurs don't have those costly turnovers in at the end of the games 3 and 4? Hey, I absolutely love the fact that we won but if you think the Mavs dominated the Spurs then you're just a complete homer. That series with the Spurs was the closest I've ever seen and I think that the Spurs and the Mavs are the two best teams in the NBA this year. We played the Spurs well and we won the series but don't be so quick to discount them next year with a healthy Duncan or Phoenix who gave us fits despite an extremely short bench and no Amare. Are you still going to be talking like this if Terry goes to another team?

windboy226
06-09-2006, 04:41 AM
You haven't seen these "intelligent" spurs fans bombarding Mavs forums during the series saying how they were the "better" team and whining about the officiating (they still do) and predicting the Spurs winning the series 4-1 lol :lol

Yeah, and isn't it pretty annoying to read? So your solution is to come here and do the same...Good thinking!

Kori Ellis
06-09-2006, 04:42 AM
wrong! Terry will be 28 in Sept! Quit hatin',Dallas will be too much to handle next year with Harris, and Howard emerging as legitimate All-Star players.

Born: Sep 15, 1977

He'll be 29.

RonMexico
06-09-2006, 04:45 AM

Kenny Smith

RonMexico
06-09-2006, 04:56 AM
So, Jason Terry had his typical game 1 scoring outburst... yawn... He'll go back to being "the Propeller" pretty soon

RON ARTEST
06-09-2006, 05:59 AM
terry is inconsistent and parker couldnt hit a jumpshot to save his life. :lol so i will go with steve nash, even though he cant guard a parked car.

pache100
06-09-2006, 08:03 AM
:tu

Man most Dallas fans don't even take Terry.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 08:11 AM
Maybe Cuban can balk at paying Terry's price at age 29 just as he did Nash's price at age 30.

strangeweather
06-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Maybe Cuban can balk at paying Terry's price at age 29 just as he did Nash's price at age 30.
There's no way he lets a key player walk after going to the finals.

I'm just sorry Shawn Bradley isn't up for another extension this summer. He might get another max deal too. :lol

ducks
06-09-2006, 09:15 AM
lets see HOW MANY ASSIST DID TERRY HAVE
let me check YEP ONE
so terry can have one and be ok but tp can not
spur fan=crazy

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 09:26 AM
There's no way he lets a key player walk after going to the finals.

I'm just sorry Shawn Bradley isn't up for another extension this summer. He might get another max deal too. :lol

In a couple of years the Mavs will be stuck paying him $15 mil a year or so along with $20 mil to Dirk and then they'll have to pay Howard as well.

ducks
06-09-2006, 09:28 AM
In a couple of years the Mavs will be stuck paying him $15 mil a year or so along with $20 mil to Dirk and then they'll have to pay Howard as well.

you do realize dirk can opt out next summer right :angel

Amarelooms
06-09-2006, 09:40 AM
you do realize dirk can opt out next summer right :angel

Why would he? I could possibly see him joining Nash in Phoenix to help them get a ring if they don't next year. This is more likely if the Mavs win this year. Regardless Dirk will get all the money he wants in Dallas he won't leave because of $$$.

picnroll
06-09-2006, 09:42 AM
... and eventually Harris and a raise for Diop all in the window of Terry and Dampier's contract. Is Cuban going to stay the course he said he was on of fiscal responsibility?

picnroll
06-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Why would he? I could possibly see him joining Nash in Phoenix to help them get a ring if they don't next year. This is more likely if the Mavs win this year. Regardless Dirk will get all the money he wants in Dallas he won't leave because of $$$.
Report is the Mavs already want to work an extension with Dirk. They don't want Dirk going into an unrestrited free agent situation. He'll want to get it done for long term security.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Dirk won't leave Dallas.

What'll likely happen is that the Mavs will be locked into a bunch of big contracts to keep the current team together going forward. Terry's payday is this summer, Nowitzki's is in a year, and Howard's the year after. With the Spurs only in need of a minor adjustment, if that, and the Suns getting back Stoudemire, the Mavs' window isn't exactly that big. I think the Mavs, provided they win this series, will be a long term one-hit wonder ala the '79 Sonics.

Amarelooms
06-09-2006, 10:10 AM
Dirk won't leave Dallas.

What'll likely happen is that the Mavs will be locked into a bunch of big contracts to keep the current team together going forward. Terry's payday is this summer, Nowitzki's is in a year, and Howard's the year after. With the Spurs only in need of a minor adjustment, if that, and the Suns getting back Stoudemire, the Mavs' window isn't exactly that big. I think the Mavs, provided they win this series, will be a long term one-hit wonder ala the '79 Sonics.

Wow good one lol!! The West is tough....but calling them a won hit wonder is bit of a homer statement. I love how some people state the Mavs have a history of "choking" if you look at all their playoff losses the past 4-5 years...NOT ONE series loss fits the choking definition. Regardless if the Mavs win this year they will have acomplished something great and whatever happens in the near future is bonus :elephant

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 10:12 AM
Yes, Homer, I said one hit wonder.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-09-2006, 10:30 AM

Terry shows up in the postseason and showsup BIG

and it's the postseason that counts, I could care less who the REGULAR season All Star was

with that, Parker is much younger, and I won't forgive Terry for the ball punch

right now Terry, couple years from now, Parker

1Parker1
06-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Terry shows up in the postseason and showsup BIG

This is the first postseason I recall Terry "showing up."

Anyways, Terry was awesome yesterday. He really kept his cool and was the guy who kept the Mavs in the game in the first quarter when the Heat where shooting a crazy 70%. He obviously has quickness and a great, if sometimes inconsistent, outside shot. As much as Parker stepped up his game this season, I think Terry really did too. Parker is a better PG for the Spurs, although a backcourt of Devin Harris and Tony Parker in would be :smokin

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 11:29 AM
My God! The ridiculously uninformed statements about Tony Parker drive me crazy. The kid is already one of the best points in the NBA. He's working his ass off to improve himself every summer.

He's become one of the few players in the league that forces teams have change gameplans to have any hope of keeping him in check.

He's been absolutely vital to 2 championship runs, and the two seasons of the last four in which he didn't play for a title, the team he's lead has been eliminated by the slimmest of margins.

It's cliched to say he "disappears" at playoff time. It's almost like some sort of war cry for Parker doubters and Parker haters to shout anytime someone suggests that Tony Parker might actually be a damned fine player. I find it ridiculous. He's had some bad playoff games; but so has Tim Duncan, so has Manu Ginobili, so has Dirk Nowitzki -- just about any player who gets into a lot of playoff games has a bad one here or there. At that, the stories about Parker are overblown. In the 2005 Finals -- supposed to be one of Tony's great collapses, he was consistent from game-to-game in Games 1-6, shooting within a shot or two of 50% every night and scoring between 12-21 points every night:

Game 1: 7-17 (.412), 3 assists, 12 points
Game 2: 6-9 (.667), 2 assists, 12 points
Game 3: 8-16 (.500), 4 assists, 21 points
Game 4: 6-13 (.467), 4 assists, 12 points
Game 5: 7-15 (.467), 3 assists, 14 points
Game 6: 7-15 (.467), 5 assists, 15 points
Game 7: 3-11 (.273), 3 assists, 8 points

Tony didn't play an efficient or effective offensive game in Game 7, but he was right on the mark with his regular season numbers for that series, against Chauncey Billups and Lindsey Hunter, who aren't exactly defensive slouches.

Or the 2004 series with LA. Another great Tony Parker disappearance? I'm not so sure I'd agree with that. Parker didn't shoot the ball with great efficiency after Game 2, but in 4 of the 6 games of that series, including two games after the drastic change in the Lakers' defense, he exceeded his season averages in points and in 5 of the 6 games he matched or exceeded his season averages in assists:

Game 1: 8-19 (.421), 9 assists, 20 points
Game 2: 13-23 (.565), 5 assists, 30 points
Game 3: 4-12 (.333), 5 assists, 8 points
Game 4: 7-18 (.389), 8 assists, 18 points
Game 5: 7-23 (.304), 6 assists, 15 points
Game 6: 4-18 (.222), 3 assists, 9 points

Again, did he have a couple of bad games? Sure. He was playing, at 22 or 23 years old, against a team filled with Hall of Fame players. He was good enough at that point to command a complete change in that team's defensive structure and even then, he managed to score the ball and get his teammates involved in Games 4 and 5.

Pointing to the fact that he struggled in Games 4-6 of the 2003 Finals seems, to me, a bit unfair, if only because: (1) he was fantastic in Games 1-3 of that series (24-52 (.462), 5.3 apg, 21.0 ppg) and forced a major defensive change from the Nets; and (2) he may have actually succumbed to the pressure of his first Finals, at age 20 or 21; other than Magic Johnson, it's difficult to come up with many kids who played as well in a Finals series at that age as Tony Parker did. Gosh, I can see why some would get on Parker about that -- it's a terrible disappointment that Tony Parker isn't as great as Magic Johnson!!

I will say again what I've said elsewhere: Spurs fans who bash Tony Parker or want him traded are spoiled rotten. Tony Parker is here and should remain here because he's a phenomenal talent who has shown great poise in many tough situations. On top of that, he may have as much upside (still) as any point guard in the NBA. If he connects the dots on that jumper, he'll basically become unguardable for a few years. And, as Kori's often-recited numbers demonstrate, he's shown that he's getting closer and closer to making that happen. If you really want to trade that kid away and get back something that has both a shorter shelf life and less upside, I'll just say that I'm glad that you aren't Gregg Popovich.

1Parker1
06-09-2006, 11:38 AM
^:tu as Always.

Perhaps we need to switch screen names, you and I. :lol

1Parker1
06-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Also, I am still confounded by the whole "Speedy Claxton" love that many people around here have.

strangeweather
06-09-2006, 11:49 AM
I will say again what I've said elsewhere: Spurs fans who bash Tony Parker or want him traded are spoiled rotten. Tony Parker is here and should remain here because he's a phenomenal talent who has shown great poise in many tough situations. On top of that, he may have as much upside (still) as any point guard in the NBA. If he connects the dots on that jumper, he'll basically become unguardable for a few years. And, as Kori's often-recited numbers demonstrate, he's shown that he's getting closer and closer to making that happen. If you really want to trade that kid away and get back something that has both a shorter shelf life and less upside, I'll just say that I'm glad that you aren't Gregg Popovich.
Terrific post.

There's only one scenario where I could imagine being in favor of trading Tony. If a team like Detroit decided they weren't going to be a contender anymore and wanted to blow the team up and get younger, I could imagine doing something like Parker for Chauncey. The theory would be to get the guy who's at the pinnacle of his career at the same time Duncan is, and potential be damned. A trade like that might make sense.

But I sure don't see any Chaunceys on the block, and I can't think of any other reason to ship Tony out.

Odogg
06-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Parker has too much soft French in him. I guess that is why he can backpedal so fast and tends to wilt when the game is on the line. Seems like he is too quick to "surrender". LoL! He is lightning quick though and is good in transition and finishing around the rim. He couldn't hit the broadside of a barn outside of 15 ft though. That is his main weakness and once Tim goes bye bye (Or declines rapidly) so will Parker's game. For ya'll though, he is a better fit for you than Terry. For the soon to be champs Mavs though, Terry is a much better fit for us. Not only can he play point, but he can slide over to SG and be even more effective. (Which is his natural position) He has a much more rounded offensive game, and is physically bigger and stronger. He gives the Mavs great versatility and is the main reason we whooped ya'lls ASS when Avery made the adjustment to move him over. He is 28 and in his prime. Max him Cuban so we can continue to dominate!

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Parker has too much soft French in him. I guess that is why he can backpedal so fast and tends to wilt when the game is on the line. Seems like he is too quick to "surrender". LoL! He is lightning quick though and is good in transition and finishing around the rim. He couldn't hit the broadside of a barn outside of 15 ft though. That is his main weakness and once Tim goes bye bye (Or declines rapidly) so will Parker's game. For ya'll though, he is a better fit for you than Terry. For the soon to be champs Mavs though, Terry is a much better fit for us. Not only can he play point, but he can slide over to SG and be even more effective. (Which is his natural position) He has a much more rounded offensive game, and is physically bigger and stronger. He gives the Mavs great versatility and is the main reason we whooped ya'lls ASS when Avery made the adjustment to move him over. He is 28 and in his prime. Max him Cuban so we can continue to dominate!

You have too much Okie in you.

DirkAB
06-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Parker

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 01:04 PM
He is lightning quick though and is good in transition and finishing around the rim. He couldn't hit the broadside of a barn outside of 15 ft though.

Excellent analysis of the 2004-05 season. Rather than checking out boxscores, you might oughta watch the teams play ball. Parker isn't great from 15 feet and out -- yet. But he's better now than he was last year and he'll be better in 2006-07 than he was this year.

He gives the Mavs great versatility and is the main reason we whooped ya'lls ASS when Avery made the adjustment to move him over.

Again, you might oughta watch the games before you pipe up around here.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 01:08 PM
3rd in the NBA in field goal % last season despite that. Mavs fan was dropped on his head when he was young.

The last guard to finish that high was probably Stockton.

Age 24. Yeah, his career's over.

Kori Ellis
06-09-2006, 01:13 PM
He hit 46% of his jumpers outside 16 ft after the A-S break. Despite his shooting percentage sucking in the Mavs series, his jumper is much improved and should be even better next season.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 01:13 PM
The kid improved his shot as the season progressed and not just for a week or two. It's not just some fluke. It was his first season with a shooting guru. He'll be a better jumpshooter -- perhaps even an effective three point shooter -- in short order.

TheSanityAnnex
06-09-2006, 01:15 PM
He hit 46% of his jumpers outside 16 ft after the A-S break. Despite his shooting percentage sucking in the Mavs series, his jumper is much improved and should be even better next season.Very very true.

I remember before the Kings/Spurs series, I was ready to watch Parker throw up brick after brick from outside. Parker was like :nope , not today Spicoli, I've been working hard on my shot.

He's improved his shot dramatically.

1Parker1
06-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Actually, I remember reading an article which said that Chip is working with Parker on his 3 point shooting this summer and adding that for next season. If he can knock that down ocassionaly, and improve as he did with his jumpers, he'll be an All-Star next season too :tu

ducks
06-09-2006, 01:41 PM
he will still get the blame though when spurs lose

strangeweather
06-09-2006, 01:49 PM
he will still get the blame though when spurs lose
If TP can start hitting the outside shot consistently, who says they lose?

He's going to be a monster if he can add a real 3-point shot.

ducks
06-09-2006, 01:51 PM
they are not going to win all 82 games and not go 16-0 in postseason

strangeweather
06-09-2006, 02:02 PM
they are not going to win all 82 games and not go 16-0 in postseason
Fair enough.

And I guess you're right, unless he starts dropping 30-5-10s consistently and wins a finals MVP, there will still be people who are looking for an excuse to blame him for anything that goes wrong. :depressed

Odogg
06-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Excellent analysis of the 2004-05 season. Rather than checking out boxscores, you might oughta watch the teams play ball. Parker isn't great from 15 feet and out -- yet. But he's better now than he was last year and he'll be better in 2006-07 than he was this year.

Again, you might oughta watch the games before you pipe up around here.

Uhhh, I did watch the games numbnut, and thats what happened?! Are you still in denial or something? Oh, I get it, you are on Pop's coaching staff and haven't "adjusted" yet. :lol Terry moved over to SG while harris was inserted as the PG and thus small ball was implemented. You can't do that with Parker because he has no outside stroke and is too small to play any D on a SG. Obviously you are a basketball novice and are just a Spurs homer that can't see past his gay ass "Go Spurs Go" sign. :rolleyes

Like I said, Parker fits your team better while Terry fits ours. His numbers during the season mean shit because everyone knows nobody plays real D consistently during the season. In the playoffs, everyone wants to try and force him to shoot jumpers, that alone is enough to mean HE HAS NO JUMPER.
I could give a damn what his "shooting %" is outside 15 feet after the All Star break.

timvp
06-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Once Parker has a three-point shot (next year hopefully), he'll be almost impossible to guard.

Can't wait.

:smokin

1Parker1
06-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Terry moved over to SG while harris was inserted as the PG and thus small ball was implemented. You can't do that with Parker because he has no outside stroke and is too small to play any D on a SG.

Jason Terry: 6-2, 180 pounds
Tony Parker: 6-2, 177 pounds

:rolleyes Yea, I can see where Parker would be too small to play any D on a SG, unlike Terry.

strangeweather
06-09-2006, 02:14 PM
You can't do that with Parker because he has no outside stroke...
Well, there's this:

He hit 46% of his jumpers outside 16 ft after the A-S break.
If you can explain how that means he has no jumper, I'd love to hear it.

...and is too small to play any D on a SG.
He'd D'ed up Rip Hamilton over stretches of last year's finals pretty well.

Odogg
06-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Jason Terry: 6-2, 180 pounds
Tony Parker: 6-2, 177 pounds

:rolleyes Yea, I can see where Parker would be too small to play any D on a SG, unlike Terry.

But JT has about 10 more lbs of MUSCLE and actually lifts a fuckin weight. Unlike Parker who probably gets outbenched by EVA most nights. LoL.

And Rip is a run around screens spot up jump shooter. You just have to tag along and get a hand in his face. Chauncey ate him up, Terry and Harris ate him up and if Bibby had any semblance of his normal shot during that series, you guys would have been in BIG trouble. I give Parker his props but he is just a continuation of the LONG Line of "Softies" that have played for the Spurs. Big game situation, he runs off to the corner or is not even on the floor! :rolleyes

1Parker1
06-09-2006, 02:22 PM
But JT has about 10 more lbs of MUSCLE and actually lifts a fuckin weight.

:wtf Where do you get this inside knowledge from? Both look undersized and thin to me.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Uhhh, I did watch the games numbnut, and thats what happened?! Are you still in denial or something? Oh, I get it, you are on Pop's coaching staff and haven't "adjusted" yet. :lol Terry moved over to SG while harris was inserted as the PG and thus small ball was implemented. You can't do that with Parker because he has no outside stroke and is too small to play any D on a SG.

I'm not sure why it would ever behoove the Spurs to move Parker from the 1 to the 2. To that end, the Spurs ability to play small ball to match up with the Mavericks had nothing whatsoever to do with Parker and everything to do with the lack of athletic forward types. If the Spurs have anything resembling an athletic 4 man other than Duncan, the small ball experiment likely would have been nothing other than a footnote in Mavericks history.

As it was, the Spurs gave that series away, so I'm skeptical about there being any significant difference between those teams. The Spurs didn't execute when it mattered, the Mavericks did, and hence we are where we are.

Obviously you are a basketball novice and are just a Spurs homer that can't see past his gay ass "Go Spurs Go" sign. :rolleyes

Undoubtedly.

Like I said, Parker fits your team better while Terry fits ours. His numbers during the season mean shit because everyone knows nobody plays real D consistently during the season. In the playoffs, everyone wants to try and force him to shoot jumpers, that alone is enough to mean HE HAS NO JUMPER.
I could give a damn what his "shooting %" is outside 15 feet after the All Star break.

I'd dispute that that alone is enough to mean he has no jumper; that alone is enough to mean that teams get awfully tired of conceding layups because they can't keep Parker out of the lane. Even if Parker was a 70% shooter from distance, I'd still think it was a great coaching strategy to force him to shoot jumpers, since those are always lower percentage shots.

And, quite frankly, I could give a damn what you think about the number we're using; I find the statistic to be quite representative of what I observed of Parker's game from February on. Sacramento dared him to beat them with it and he did -- he did when he wasn't destroying them with drives to the rim. I still think that had he had any lift at all during the Dallas series, he would have shown it more there, too.

Whatever the case, just keep doubting Tony Parker -- tell him what he can't do. His game just gets better every year because people keep telling him he can't do this or that. And, remarkably, this or that gets better -- quickly.

strangeweather
06-09-2006, 02:24 PM
But JT has about 10 more lbs of MUSCLE and actually lifts a fuckin weight. Unlike Parker who probably gets outbenched by EVA most nights. LoL.

And Rip is a run around screens spot up jump shooter. You just have to tag along and get a hand in his face.
Hamilton dropped 20 PPG this year on 49% shooting because all his defenders were too lazy to "tag along and get a hand in his face"? You don't have a clue.

if Bibby had any semblance of his normal shot during that series, you guys would have been in BIG trouble.
Yeah, it's not like a guy's shot coming unglued is ever a sign of being defender well.

I give Parker his props but he is just a continuation of the LONG Line of "Softies" that have played for the Spurs.
:lmao Have you been a Mavs fan for more than a year?

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 02:25 PM
I give Parker his props but he is just a continuation of the LONG Line of "Softies" that have played for the Spurs. Big game situation, he runs off to the corner or is not even on the floor! :rolleyes

As opposed to all the Hard mother fuckers who've played in Dallas.

:rolleyes

1Parker1
06-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Holy Shit, FWD cursed and said that MF word!!! :wow :wow

I'm shocked, I don't think I've ever heard him curse and get mad like that. I like it :smokin

ShoogarBear
06-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Do Mav Fans take a vote every week to determine who will serve as their Collective Stupidity Representative? Or is there an on-call roster somewhere?

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Holy Shit, FWD cursed and said that MF word!!! :wow :wow

I'm shocked, I don't think I've ever heard him curse and get mad like that. I like it :smokin

:oops

:angel

Odogg
06-09-2006, 02:43 PM
LoL, you guys are hilarious! Parker is as soft as charmin. That is why we punked him and his whole team in the end. (We'll see whos glaring in the end!!) LoL! The only one who has any balls on that team is Manu, Tim and Horry, that's it. Parker's game is totally reliant upon Tim and the pick and roll. That is ALL HE'S GOT. You take away Duncan, Parker would be a spare Frenchie backup like Diaw. Total system player. You All Know it! Someone compared him to John Stockton!! LoL!! WHAT THE FUCK??!!

1Parker1
06-09-2006, 02:48 PM
:lol I don't think it's worth my time to respond to Odogg anymore.

Odogg
06-09-2006, 02:53 PM
:lol I don't think it's worth my time to respond to Odogg anymore.

Because you have no argument. :lol :lol :lol

Another Spurs homer whack illusions about one of their players shot down!
I hope I didn't make you cry. :lol

1Parker1
06-09-2006, 02:58 PM
^You sure did make me cry. Guess I'll just have to go back to making pies in the kitchen for my hubby. sniff sniff**

DarrinS
06-09-2006, 03:12 PM
The only one who has any balls on that team is Manu, Tim and Horry, that's it.

Don't forget Finley. Well, he had balls before Jason Terry started speed-bagging them.

I'll take Parker over Terry.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Parker's game is totally reliant upon Tim and the pick and roll. That is ALL HE'S GOT. You take away Duncan, Parker would be a spare Frenchie backup like Diaw.

That brings up an interesting point. In the last 2 seasons, there have been 18 games in which Tony Parker played but Tim Duncan did not. Over the course of those 18 games, the totally-dependent-on-Tim Duncan guy, Tony Parker, has averaged 20 ppg (including games of 30, 25, 32, 28, 27, and 35) and shot 48% from the floor, while still dishing out 6.4 assists per game.

Yeah, you're obviously right; Tony Parker can't do anything without Tim Duncan.

leemajors
06-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Kurupt : "i'm goin out loony like O Dogg."

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Such conceit built on a series win decided by going to OT in a Game 7. Oh, that OT established that all of the Spurs' stars are horrid while Keith Van Horn is a lock to be enshrined in Springfield, Mass. At the end of the day one thing is certain and that is that the Mavs have the absolute worst fanbase in the NBA. Worse than the Lakers, Rockets, and Heat combined. Fucking Oklahoma.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 03:27 PM
That brings up an interesting point. In the last 2 seasons, there have been 18 games in which Tony Parker played but Tim Duncan did not. Over the course of those 18 games, the totally-dependent-on-Tim Duncan guy, Tony Parker, has averaged 20 ppg (including games of 30, 25, 32, 28, 27, and 35) and shot 48% from the floor, while still dishing out 6.4 assists per game.

Yeah, you're obviously right; Tony Parker can't do anything without Tim Duncan.

Tony Parker was the best player on the team this season, better than a hobbled Duncan. Without Parker playing at his level the Spurs don't get the 1 seed.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Tony Parker was the best player on the team this season, better than a hobbled Duncan. Without Parker playing at his level the Spurs don't get the 1 seed.

Oh, you don't have to convince me. I was just pointing out to our friend that Parker's numbers don't seem to be dependent on Duncan's presence. He apparently just reads old criticisms and recycles them here in some weak attempt to suggest he has an argument.

JET_31
06-09-2006, 03:32 PM
I think Parker and Terry are both pretty equal, they each have their own strenths and weaknesses. It would be stupid to trade them though because they both fit in perfectly with their respective teams. Put Terry on the Spurs and he will not be nearly as effective with their style of play. The same can be said of Parker if he was on the mavs.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Oh, you don't have to convince me. I was just pointing out to our friend that Parker's numbers don't seem to be dependent on Duncan's presence. He apparently just reads old criticisms and recycles them here in some weak attempt to suggest he has an argument.

I think the key difference for our new friend is that Terry wears a headband. That makes him a sho nuff reel playa.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 03:34 PM
I think Parker and Terry are both pretty equal, they each have their own strenths and weaknesses. It would be stupid to trade them though because they both fit in perfectly with their respective teams. Put Terry on the Spurs and he will not be nearly as effective with their style of play. The same can be said of Parker if he was on the mavs.

I think either would be just fine.

Extra Stout
06-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Do Mav Fans take a vote every week to determine who will serve as their Collective Stupidity Representative? Or is there an on-call roster somewhere?
So far I have counted 3 intelligent Mavs fans in a metro area of 5.5 million. The stupid team has a very deep bench.

Props to the 3 smart ones.

Odogg
06-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Say whatever you want but Parker still can't hit a jumper.

:fro

You think he could have put up 32 last night hitting all over the floor, from dunks to opposite wing 3 point bombs? Yeah right. If his little floater in the lane isn't on, he's done unless it's a layup.

picnroll
06-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Yeah, Terry saved the floppin fraulein's ass last night for sure.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Say whatever you want but Parker still can't hit a jumper.

It's funny, you keep saying things, and you keep getting proved wrong, so you come back to this tired line -- one that is belied by statistical proof to the contrary -- as your only "argument."

Parker didn't hit jump shots against Dallas in the playoffs. At that his team was its own mistake away from sending your group home again with nothing.

Even if Parker "can't hit a jumper" -- which isn't true -- it really is insignificant in comparing the Spurs and Mavericks right now -- Parker still scored his against the Mavericks and gave the Spurs a chance to advance.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 04:07 PM
It's easy for a guard to shoot 55% in a season when he has no J. Yeah.

The funniest thing is that Terry is at the top of his game while Parker has yet to reach his.

Good times. :hat

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 04:12 PM
The funniest thing is that Terry is at the top of his game while Parker has yet to reach his.

Good times. :hat

I'm not sure if that's the funniest thing, or if the funniest thing is the fact that Odogg has to hang around a Spurs forum, still focused on a team that has been out for 2 rounds while his team is finally playing in the Finals. It would be like a Spurs fan hanging out in some Lakers forum to make asinine arguments about the Lakers during the 1999 Finals.

Sometimes I think it must really suck to be a Mavericks fan.

Extra Stout
06-09-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure if that's the funniest thing, or if the funniest thing is the fact that Odogg has to hang around a Spurs forum, still focused on a team that has been out for 2 rounds while his team is finally playing in the Finals. It would be like a Spurs fan hanging out in some Lakers forum to make asinine arguments about the Lakers during the 1999 Finals.

It's as if they have to look to us for validation or something.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 04:16 PM

Well, there is that. I think, frankly, that Mavs fans themselves are shocked to be there. They need some kind of validation or confirmation. So we end up with some visitors here.

Nothing like an off year to make another franchise's history. Oh well.

Odogg
06-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah, Terry saved the floppin fraulein's ass last night for sure.

Damn straight. Dirk played like a bitch last night and Josh did his best "Antoine Walker" impersonation. I expect them to pick it up. As far as the JT vs. Parker argument, I think I proved my point pretty well. Answer me this, could parker put up 32 last night with those array of shots? Thank you. Game over. Thanks for playing.

Like I said, this board is better than doing verbal "hi-fives" with each other like the Mavs boards are doing right now. After beating our brains in the last 5 years, its fun to finally reach the top while being complete turdknockers.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 04:35 PM
After beating our brains in the last 5 years, its fun to finally reach the top while being complete turdknockers.

One's life must be fairly pathetic when one decides to seek out the opportunity to consciously act like a complete jackass.

I'd hope that Spurs fans will find better things to do than to emulate Odogg when that 5 out of 6 becomes 6 out of 7.

Odogg
06-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Still can't answer my question?

:lol :lol :lol

Sean Elliot sucks by the way, but I won't get into that!

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Nothing beats seeing a Mavs fan expecting an answer to his own rhetorical question.

Odogg
06-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Nothing beats seeing a Mavs fan expecting an answer to his own rhetorical question.

LoL! You guys are great!! The OBVIOUS answer to my rhetorical question would obviously be not only NO, but HELL NO!!! Thus, proving my point that JT > the french scrub.

Case closed. <gavel>

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Case closed indeed.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Still can't answer my question?

Parker might not get 32 on the wide variety of shots that Terry jacked up last night. But: (a) one game does not prove your point; and (b) Parker does so many other things that Terry can't do, that it nullifies whatever point it is you're trying to make.

For instance, I'll start buying your argument (a bit) if the Mavs are up 1 in overtime in Miami in a must-have game and Terry has to defend Wade and deny him a good look. I'm certain that Jason Terry couldn't have made the play on Rip Hamilton that Parker made at the end of Game 5 last year. Absolutely certain.

Sean Elliot sucks by the way, but I won't get into that!

Yes, of course. Probably because you either don't really have an argument (which would be par for the course) or because you don't want to get owned (which would be wise). Luckily for you, this thread isn't about Sean Elliott.

DarrinS
06-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Answer me this, could parker put up 32 last night with those array of shots? Thank you. Game over. Thanks for playing.

To answer your question, YES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQyHZ7ijeao&search=Tony%20Parker

It's not like Terry hung 50 pts on them or anything. 32 is not that big a deal.

ALVAREZ6
06-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Tony Parker, without a doubt.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 04:53 PM
I guess the only things Parker couldn't do would be pointing to his headband as well as blowing a wide open layup.

Odogg
06-09-2006, 05:06 PM
You guys are so full of shit!! LoL.

"Parker does sooo many OTHER things better! "(Than score) Like turn the ball over at critical times while waving the white surrender flag!! I thought you people were tough, the whole Alamo thing!! I guess when you are as soft as the French are, you can't help but turn into them.

clambake
06-09-2006, 05:06 PM
I have had enough of this!! Now I expect to see some validation and ummm confirmation and some submission from all of you weewee's!! If we don't get that soon, you will regret! In about one week I am expecting to see all of your puckering lips leaning down to kiss our new shiny rings! If you refuse to obey, I will instruct my glory hogging, "oh look at me" mavs owner to buy your town and change the name to cubanville.....and you will all have to wear the same haircut!

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 05:08 PM
You guys are so full of shit!! LoL.

"Parker does sooo many OTHER things better! "(Than score) Like turn the ball over at critical times while waving the white surrender flag!! I thought you people were tough, the whole Alamo thing!! I guess when you are as soft as the French are, you can't help but turn into them.

Well, you might have thought we were tough but we certainly didn't think you were smart.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 05:08 PM
I have had enough of this!! Now I expect to see some validation and ummm confirmation and some submission from all of you weewee's!! If we don't get that soon, you will regret! In about one week I am expecting to see all of your puckering lips leaning down to kiss our new shiny rings! If you refuse to obey, I will instruct my glory hogging, "oh look at me" mavs owner to buy your town and change the name to cubanville.....and you will all have to wear the same haircut!

How about you pay moms her rent and we'll call it even?

clambake
06-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Moms rent? OK. Whats the address?

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 05:11 PM
You don't know where you live? Not that surprising, really.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 05:13 PM

A minute after the Finals are over, that ring is history. And if I've learned one thing from Mavs' fans, it is that history is irrelevant. Accordingly, if the Mavericks are fortunate enough to win the title, those rings become wholly irrelevant to anything that happens in the NBA from that point forward. It will be history, after all.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 05:15 PM
A minute after the Finals are over, that ring is history. And if I've learned one thing from Mavs' fans, it is that history is irrelevant. Accordingly, if the Mavericks are fortunate enough to win the title, those rings become wholly irrelevant to anything that happens in the NBA from that point forward. It will be history, after all.

No kidding. I'm sure there will be an addendum: only rings won after 2005 count.

Odogg
06-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Keep dreamin buddy.....Keep dreamin.....

We will be REIGNING NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

ChumpDumper
06-09-2006, 05:17 PM
A Cuban fan calling out gay shit?

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Keep dreamin buddy.....Keep dreamin.....

We will be REIGNING NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

Go Mavs GO!! (Or some Gay Shit like that you guys like to post)
LOL

Yes, "Go Mavs GO!!" is quite "gay."

clambake
06-09-2006, 05:19 PM
What are you talking about? I have fond memories of history. The way the spurs kept knocking us off and winning another ring. Thats why I am sad to see the spur dynasty being dropped into that hole and covered with dirt.

Just Kidding.

DubMcDub
06-09-2006, 05:20 PM

The past rings are quite relevant most of the time. The time they're not is when Spurs fans insist that their team is still "better" even after losing a 7-game series to the Mavs and resort to A) bitching about the refs and B) citing past championships as if they are somehow indicative of this year's teams.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 05:21 PM
What are you talking about? I have fond memories of history. The way the spurs kept knocking us off and winning another ring. Thats why I am sad to see the spur dynasty being dropped into that hole and covered with dirt.

Just Kidding.

Yeah, with that overwhelming series win that took 7 games + OT to settle. Obviously the Spurs have no future.

ChumpDumper
06-09-2006, 05:22 PM
and resort to A) bitching about the refsYes, only Mavfans are allowed to do that. Especially when they win.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 05:25 PM
The past rings are quite relevant most of the time. The time they're not is when Spurs fans insist that their team is still "better" even after losing a 7-game series to the Mavs and resort to A) bitching about the refs and B) citing past championships as if they are somehow indicative of this year's teams.

Actually, they're quite relevant whenever we feel like it. If it bothers you that much, seek professional help.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 05:26 PM

That's rich, really. For most of the past season and all of the most recent playoff series, the war cry of Mavericks fans was that past rings mean nothing. That was before the Mavericks won. Those admonitions had nothing to do with the end of the series, because they arose before tip-off of Game 1.

All I'm saying is that Mavericks fan told me that even the Spurs' 2005 championship meant nothing when discussing a matchup of the 05-06 Spurs and the 05-06 Mavericks. I'm certain that you'll welcome my use of that bit of rhetoric in comparing the 06-07 Spurs and the 06-07 Mavericks, assuming, of course, that the Mavericks win 3 more games.

So, "nothing," it seems, means nothing -- unless, of course, it's the Mavericks "nothing," in which case it will apparently mean everything.

And in the spirit of the thread, I'll take Parker.

clambake
06-09-2006, 05:30 PM
7 games and overtime. Don't forget about the refs!!! The ref stories are my favorite!!

But this is the beginning of a new trend. Next year will take only 6 games. The year after probably 4. You will be complaining about duncan's outragous contract and how it's killing the teams chances. Upset at how eva completely screwd with tonys head. Gino will be an nba analyst for spanish espn.

Don't you sense the collapse?

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 05:33 PM
But this is the beginning of a new trend. Next year will take only 6 games. The year after probably 4.

I agree. It will be fun to see the Spurs put the Mavericks away in Game 6 at the AAC as the fans rain down their spite on Joey Crawford.

Game 4 at home in 2008 will be great too. It will be a nice bookend to the SA put-away the Spurs had in 2001.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 05:33 PM
7 games and overtime. Don't forget about the refs!!! The ref stories are my favorite!!

But this is the beginning of a new trend. Next year will take only 6 games. The year after probably 4. You will be complaining about duncan's outragous contract and how it's killing the teams chances. Upset at how eva completely screwd with tonys head. Gino will be an nba analyst for spanish espn.

Don't you sense the collapse?

One series does not make a trend. I sense your stupidity, that's about it.

clambake
06-09-2006, 05:38 PM
I know you are, but what am I?

ducks
06-09-2006, 05:42 PM

YOU ARE LOST YOU NEED TO GRAB YOUR MOMMY'S HAND AND GO HOME

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Yes, "Go Mavs GO!!" is quite "gay."

It's actually "Let's Go Mavs," which is obviously like a billion times fresher than Go Spurs Go.

ShoogarBear
06-09-2006, 05:45 PM
If you watch Cuban, he is actually saying "Let's Blow Mavs!", which is a little worrisome.

clambake
06-09-2006, 05:45 PM
I am holding my mommys hand. But its weird. She's been laying on the floor dead for 2 days.

SPARKY
06-09-2006, 05:47 PM

Yes, that is the essence of your arguments.

Kori Ellis
06-09-2006, 05:50 PM
clambake, ODogg, and whoever else is trolling in this thread, end it.

Start talking basketball or don't post in this thread. If you want to troll, there's a troll forum.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 05:53 PM
If you watch Cuban, he is actually saying "Let's Blow Mavs!", which is a little worrisome.

Probably. His blog entry explaining that he "was never so happy to hug so many sweaty grown men in my entire life" suggests that he's had some other experiences with wanting to hug many sweaty grown men against which to compare that moment. Personally, I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a comparative statement like Cuban's, but like someone said, one gets the impression that Cuban might actually shower up with the fellas after games.

On a side note, to bring this back to point guard issues, maybe we could arrange to get Cuban and Beno Udrih in a series-clinching hug at some point.

clambake
06-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Look, Terry and Parker are both good, however, streaky players. The threads on this board durings games had spurs fans begging Parker not to shoot. OMG NO PARKER NO!!! Have you forgotten? Time will tell very soon which player means more to their team.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 06:09 PM
To bring this back to basketball, I can see the arguments that Terry and Parker are difficult to distinguish. But I think Spurs fans who would be willing to part with Parker in exchange for Terry are off-base. I don't see how one can think seriously about dealing Parker for any point in the NBA right now. In fact, the only players I would trade Parker for are guys that it would be ludicrous to think would be available. My hunch is that Pop and the Spurs front office have always believed that Parker will be the 2nd best player on this team and he's that while playing a position vital to the success of any NBA team. You don't trade that guy, particularly not when he's 24.

TheSanityAnnex
06-09-2006, 07:32 PM
I agree with you 2kdre :lmao

Cant_Be_Faded
06-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Shaq can't quite get a handle on the ball, Terry thinks Shaq has the ball, Terry comes over and intentionally fouls Shaq. Shaq then shakes Terry off like a mosquito.

Utter Bullcrap.

That was fucking hilarious! I knew it was going to be a call against Shaq too. Jason Terry's letting all this success get to his head. He seems like an overconfident cocky kobe wannabe in every interview he gives. He will weaken, slip up, and will cause his own downfall.

RC's Boss
06-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Terry's a herb. He probably was one of those dudes that talked bad about other guys so some chick would give up the goods. Herb ass beyotch! Couldn't stand him B4 he was a mav!

picnroll
06-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Difference is Parker has big nuts while Terry punches big nuts.

RC's Boss
06-09-2006, 08:50 PM
LOL! He's jealous his herb ass doesn't have any!

JET_31
06-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Difference is Parker has big nuts while Terry punches big nuts.

hmmmmmmmmmm.............ok im not even gonna ask how u know about parkers nuts..............

RC's Boss
06-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Big nuts don't pump their fists in the air after they win one game! Big nuts have no need to show off! Big nuts are confident and just play the game!