PDA

View Full Version : Political Forum Thread 5,000

Spurminator
06-09-2006, 02:10 PM
But I got nuthin.

Open thread, I guess.

Kori Ellis
06-09-2006, 02:12 PM
You all need to thank your founder, NBADan.

Spurminator
06-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Thanks Dan!

And thanks to all participants who keep this a "spirited" discussion forum.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 02:36 PM
I was going to use this thread to announce that xray and gtown have finally convinced me that I should convert and become a Neo-Con.

After consulting international law, hugging a tree, burning the flag, being best man in my gay cousin's wedding, and taking several women to abortion clinics, though, I decided against it.

smeagol
06-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Thanks Dan.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-09-2006, 02:48 PM
:lol

JoeChalupa
06-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Well done.

Mr. Peabody
06-09-2006, 03:09 PM
I was going to use this thread to announce that xray and gtown have finally convinced me that I should convert and become a Neo-Con.

After consulting international law, hugging a tree, burning the flag, being best man in my gay cousin's wedding, and taking several women to abortion clinics, though, I decided against it.

Well done.

Extra Stout
06-09-2006, 03:33 PM

You better watch it or you'll have a new address in GITMO!!!!!!!

Phil E.Buster
06-09-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm here to keep things in line.

Darrin
06-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Let us act like Congress and congratulate ourselves for reaching a milestone while we really do nothing.

http://www.capitolflags.com/images/superpoly-flag.gif

Nbadan
06-10-2006, 02:54 AM
5,000 threads, almost 86,000 posts, and countless numbers of views, and this forum is still a relative baby. Barely two years old.

:birthday:

The real credit for its success goes out to Kori :princess

and TimVP :smokin

For allowing the Political Forum to continue to mooch off their world-leading, NBA basketball forum band-width.

Without net neutrality, forums like this one and dozens of others that many of us visit daily to get independent basketball and political opinion will no longer be possible. Under legislation supported by mostly Republicans, Spurstalk will not be able to afford the bandwidth that makes all this possible. I urge everyone to get in contact with your Senators and especially Congressman Charlie Gonzalez if your a Democrat in his district and warn them that if they try to pass legislation that turns the net into a glorified version of cable TV, they will pay come November.

Keep the net EQUAL!! Keep the net FREE!!

Guru of Nothing
06-10-2006, 03:09 AM
Your favorite band sucks!

ChumpDumper
06-10-2006, 03:22 AM
Take that back!

"Safety Dance" is a fucking classic!

Guru of Nothing
06-10-2006, 03:56 AM
Take that back!

"Safety Dance" is a fucking classic!

What?

I can't hear you when I have Black Oak Arkansas cranked up to TWELVE.

Nbadan
06-10-2006, 04:43 AM
Let us act like Congress and congratulate ourselves for reaching a milestone while we really do nothing.

Doing nothing is what we did before the political forum came along. The Republican Party machine started as a grass-roots movement before it became a political bohemoth in the South and Mid-West. This is where I believe the web is taking us, toward a new political party- a party by the people, for the good of the people and not just the good of business or the good of government.

I've said for along time that if real Conservatives don't take their party back, they face a death more ugly than that of Texas Democrats.

Darrin
06-10-2006, 05:41 AM
Doing nothing is what we did before the political forum came along. The Republican Party machine started as a grass-roots movement before it became a political bohemoth in the South and Mid-West. This is where I believe the web is taking us, toward a new political party- a party by the people, for the good of the people and not just the good of business or the good of government.

I've said for along time that if real Conservatives don't take their party back, they face a death more ugly than that of Texas Democrats.

At the end of the day we're still typing on a computer, right?

Nbadan
06-10-2006, 05:46 AM
At the end of the day we're still typing on a computer, right?

Nope. Your changing opinions. The reason some people argue so viligantly sometimes is because learning sucks, but at the end of the day they are still learning.

Darrin
06-10-2006, 05:54 AM
I'd like to move to acknowledge the bipartisan effort that got us this far.

I'd also like to move to give ourselves a raise

Whereas the Spurstalk.com message board has created an insightful and proactive discourse into the minds of the American people.

The Spurstalk.com Politcal forum hereby declares a 26.708% increase in salary for any member of a duration longer than six months and one day.

Nbadan
06-10-2006, 06:00 AM
The Spurstalk.com Politcal forum hereby declares a 26.708% increase in salary for any member of a duration longer than six months and one day.

Geez, even O'Gee didn't make it that long.

Darrin
06-10-2006, 06:18 AM
Nope. You're changing opinions. The reason some people argue so viligantly sometimes is because learning sucks, but at the end of the day they are still learning.

That's true. I've had a message board or two change my view, and that impacts the people around me. But I find it much more productive if those truly interested in politics were participating in government and political parties rather than spending all day on the computer trying to convince the members of this board of their view.

If this serves a purpose, this forum is merely an incubator for debate techniques and teaching people to listen to the other side of an issue before drawing any conclusions.

The silent majority needs to stop being so silent. That's the answer to ending corruption and incompetent leadership. With our mere inaction and apathy, we are allowing this system to be run by prize-fighting politicans who want nothing more than to gain power.

This board isn't nothing, but it cannot be the end of our collective interest. It must, pardon the pun, spur action so that participating in government is as common in everyday life as driving a car. Otherwise nothing will change, and this will become just a place for people to unburden themselves of how much life sucks.

Nbadan
06-10-2006, 06:38 AM
This board isn't nothing, but it cannot be the end of our collective interest. It must, pardon the pun, spur action so that participating in government is as common in everyday life as driving a car. Otherwise nothing will change, and this will become just a place for people to unburden themselves of how much life sucks.

For now, I would be settled if people were as interested in politics, which affects everyone's life, as they are in basketball. Give them the knowledge and when they get motivated, they will know what to do.

whottt
06-10-2006, 08:33 AM
To celebrate this special occasionI'd like to give Dan some commemorative editions of his favorite every day items:

http://www.ericisgreat.com/tinfoilhats/dapperside.jpg
http://www.sptimes.com/News/081001/photos/flo-tease.jpg

Tip your (tin)hat and take a well deserved bow Dan...

xrayzebra
06-10-2006, 09:00 AM
Kori and LJ, I would like to thank you for giving all of us here on the political forum the
resources and time that you have devoted not only to this forum but the many
other forums supported by fullsportpress. Not many would turn down the monetary
gains to keep our forums ad free and also the resources to provide the servers and
time it takes to keep them up to date. Thank you!

DarkReign
06-10-2006, 01:31 PM
5,000 threads filled with logic, reason and pure harmony.

shelshor
06-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.
--Groucho Marx

Not sure who said it:
Never have I seen a word as accurate as politics. Poly meaning many, and tic
being a blood-sucking thing.