PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having trouble with Cingular?

Kori Ellis
06-09-2006, 06:35 PM
In the 3 year history of having our cell phones, we have had maybe one or two dropped calls. As of yesterday, we can't place/receive a call without it being dropped in the first few seconds.

Is anyone else having trouble who has Cingular here in S.A.?

spurs=bling
06-09-2006, 06:39 PM
I don't live in SA, but lately my cell has been doing that.

CharlieMac
06-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Yes, but I've had problems since I got the SLVR a few months ago. But hey, atleast it looks good when I'm screaming, "Are you still there? Hello??????Fuck!"

spurs=bling
06-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Yes, but I've had problems since I got the SLVR a few months ago. But hey, atleast it looks good when I'm screaming, "Are you still there? Hello??????Fuck!"
:lol

ALVAREZ6
06-09-2006, 07:00 PM
The SLVR is a sweet phone.

Probably the best out there right now.

ducks
06-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Mine Works Great In Az

dougp
06-09-2006, 08:56 PM
The SLVR is a sweet phone.

Probably the best out there right now.I beg to differ ... SLVR is junk, same as the RAZER. Don't know why people buy them. My Nokia 6670 is far beyond my friends RAZER, but slightly fatter, but same weight. The 8125 (The smartphone) is generations beyond the SLVR ...

But on the topic, my dad called me today from San Antonio and WOW was it loaded with static ... A LOT. And I know it wasn't my phone!

angel_luv
06-09-2006, 08:58 PM
I've had some extra trouble with Cingular this week- static and one time it wouldn't let me call my friend back. It took three tries.

I have thought the Cingular no drop commercials are hilarious- since my calls have been dropped repeatedly since they started airing.

spurschick
06-09-2006, 09:01 PM
I don't know if this is why you're suddenly having problems, but AT&T is slowly but surely taking over Cingular. Right now, AT&T only owns about 60% of Cingular, but once the takeover of Bell has been approved, which should be any minute now, AT&T will officially own 100% and will more than likely completely drop the Cingular name and become AT&T Wireless. I believe they are in the process of slowly switching networks in anticipation of the approval, so that may be why there have been some glitches lately.

angel_luv
06-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks.

Mijo
06-09-2006, 09:11 PM
I had Verizon and we switched recently to Cingular for business purposes. Verizon's service worked fine everywhere but my office. Due to the poor quality of service in Hollywood Park we switched to Cingular but this damn phone now only works at my office now. I have had more dropped calls in the last 2 weeks than in my last year with Verizon. We have complained and were told that they were in the process of merging with At&t's towers and once that was complete our service would get alot better. Still, I cringe whenever I see those damn bill boards claiming the fewest dropped calls...

spurs=bling
06-09-2006, 09:44 PM
I beg to differ ... SLVR is junk, same as the RAZER. Don't know why people buy them. My Nokia 6670 is far beyond my friends RAZER, but slightly fatter, but same weight. The 8125 (The smartphone) is generations beyond the SLVR ...

But on the topic, my dad called me today from San Antonio and WOW was it loaded with static ... A LOT. And I know it wasn't my phone!

yes. I had a RAZR it sucked. i went and bought the Nokia 6102 its awesome.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2006, 11:50 PM
I have Cingular and have experienced the same problems in various parts of SA. In front of my house, my phone was once on No Service and once on Emergency Only in the last 2 days. I can't seem to keep anyone on the phone while in my neighborhood (North Central) and have had dropped calls while I drive up and down 281. I had thought the problem related to some chewing my dog did on the telephone, but perhaps the problem is something else.

Duff McCartney
06-10-2006, 12:21 AM
So one of my managers at work who knows about technical stuff says that your dropped calls have nothing to do with your provider and more to do with your phone.

gameFACE
06-10-2006, 12:30 AM
Up until the last couple of weeks I didn't have much trouble with Cingular but it's been awful since. I get a lot of "network busy" messages when placing a call and a whole lot of disconnects during a call. Reception is lousy, too. What's funny is after I get disconnected I will call the person right back the reception is perfectly clear. Strange.

gospursgojas
06-10-2006, 12:42 AM
So one of my managers at work who knows about technical stuff says that your dropped calls have nothing to do with your provider and more to do with your phone.

'Tis true, your phone itself is assigned to certain cellular network. And different networks have different and different amounts of transmiters, most of the time based on what type of network best fits your phone i.e Busness, International, Long Distance, Local etc.

If you have had your phones for 3 years you may be connected to an old cellular network, that may be out of date. My old boss had a phone with ATT Wireless, and would get horrible service. The reason was that he had his phone for about 2 years and since the merger, San Antonio's network of transmitters had grown from 3 to like 12 and his phone was still only working off the 3....

SequSpur
06-10-2006, 01:01 AM
cingular sucks.

T Park
06-10-2006, 01:27 AM
im having trouble with my PC Card

all it says right now is "acquiring Data service" and wont let me connect.

Its fuckin pissing me off seeing as I pay 60 a month for service.

gospursgojas
06-10-2006, 02:16 AM
im having trouble with my PC Card

all it says right now is "acquiring Data service" and wont let me connect.

Its fuckin pissing me off seeing as I pay 60 a month for service.

Call, bitch, and have them prorate you a credit amount on your next bill.

T Park
06-10-2006, 02:22 AM
I called tonight and their "call in department is nder maintenence, and to please call back at 4 am central time"

Fuck you thats 2 am here in CA. Im sleepin fuckfaces.

Ill call tommarow afternoon.

Kori Ellis
06-10-2006, 04:09 AM

That's a good theory except for it started happening to both my phone and LJ's at the exact time and day. So I'm going to say it's the provider not the phones.

We cannot place or receive any calls at all without them being dropped in the first 20 seconds or so. Up until then (two days ago) we had had a total of two dropped calls in 2-3 years.

Kori Ellis
06-10-2006, 05:00 AM
Well I have never had a problem with my phone or my service until the last couple days. So hopefully they just resolve it. It's useless at this point, I can't place any calls at all.

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-10-2006, 05:06 AM
I don't know if this is why you're suddenly having problems, but AT&T is slowly but surely taking over Cingular. Right now, AT&T only owns about 60% of Cingular, but once the takeover of Bell has been approved, which should be any minute now, AT&T will officially own 100% and will more than likely completely drop the Cingular name and become AT&T Wireless. I believe they are in the process of slowly switching networks in anticipation of the approval, so that may be why there have been some glitches lately.

Good.
When I first got my cell phone, I got it specifically because I liked all of the things AT&T Wireless had to offer.
I was most irritated to say the least when Cingular absorbed them.
Now if it's all going to go back to AT&T, I can be satisfied with my choice once more.
Cingular is just garbage.
:spin

sa_butta
06-10-2006, 08:27 AM
I have Cingular, but I have not experienced any problems other than the normal bad reception I get around the medical center area (where I live).

2Blonde
06-10-2006, 09:57 AM
A friend of mine who has cingular has tried to call me several times in the last two days and every time she calls me her calls drop off mid conversation. Her phone is out of SA but she is in Washington state right now. It's really frustrating. I'm glad I have sprint.

kris
06-11-2006, 10:51 AM
I have had a lot of problems with my Cingular phone lately and my phone is only a year old.

#1 Who I'm talking to goes in and out so I hear half of what they say and miss the other half.

#2 I keep getting failed calls routinely.

#3 The battery now goes dead pretty fast.

#4 Dropped calls of course.

#5 The other day I kept hearing myself talking in echo from the phone.

#6 The volume is low and doesn't have clean speak.

:violin

I know those all don't have to do with reception, but overall that's a pretty sucky performance.

GrandeDavid
06-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Everybody please switch to Nextel and also sign up for their international walkie talkie service for $10 a month. I can then talk with some of you guys 24-7 for free from Brazil. Kori, do it!

Kori Ellis
06-11-2006, 01:03 PM
I have to go do something about my phone tomorrow. Since Thursday, I haven't been able to use it at all.

T Park
06-11-2006, 01:51 PM
Kori is it something with the SIM card?

If so i called yesterday to Cingular and bitched, and they said their guys are "working on it" and they can't do anything about it.

So unfortunately, till they fix it, I think thats the same answer youll get.

I bitched cause I can't use my card and I pay 60 a month flat rate and Im pissed I can't use it but I still have to pay

needless to say I got this month for free and next month for half price.

Kori Ellis
06-11-2006, 01:53 PM
I don't know what's wrong. Neither my phone or LJ's phone can make or receive calls without them being dropped in the first few seconds. (Mine has gotten worse than that now and I can't even dial out). We can only text message. We don't have a land line, and I can't go completely without a phone. So, I'll have to do something about it tomorrow. It's already been 4 days.

spurs=bling
06-11-2006, 01:56 PM
I don't know what's wrong. Neither my phone or LJ's phone can make or receive calls without them being dropped in the first few seconds. (Mine has gotten worse than that now and I can't even dial out). We can only text message. We don't have a land line, and I can't go completely without a phone. So, I'll have to do something about it tomorrow. It's already been 4 days.

have you tried taking out the SIM card? try doing that and leave it like that for awhile. it worked for our phones, maybe it could work for yours.

Kori Ellis
06-11-2006, 01:59 PM
have you tried taking out the SIM card? try doing that and leave it like that for awhile. it worked for our phones, maybe it could work for yours.

Yeah I did.

Like I said, I don't think it's a problem with my particular phone as LJ's phone and my phone got the problem at the exact same time on the same day. I just think Cingular is having a problem in general around here.

Das Texan
06-11-2006, 02:42 PM
cingular sucks.

their dropped calls commercials are absolutely hilarious as I dropped numerous calls with them before i switched.

and their customer service is garbage and they dont give a fuck about retaining their current customers, instead insisting they pay nearly full price for a new phone where I could get a new one for free with another carrier, actually the same phone i wanted but was told i'd have to pay 200 bucks for.

needless to say they lost a good customer of some 8 years over that shit. and i havent looked back since.

Samurai Jane
06-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Up until the merger w/ AT&T we had virtually no problems with Cingular. Now we regularly get dropped calls. We're hoping it works itself out when they finish the transition. Although it might be a moot point any way since we're moving to AZ and haven't decided if we're going to keep our phones yet.

CharlieMac
06-11-2006, 05:29 PM
The latest word on teh street is that one of their towers is down. I'm going to write a letter tomorrow to complain and get more free shit.

Clandestino
06-11-2006, 07:41 PM
yep, haven't had probs til recently... however shitty cingular service is still 100x better than the best sprint service i ever had

Useruser666
06-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Cingular stinks. I had ATT wireless for a long time before Cingular existed and switched to Cingular before they absorbed ATT. Well a month later my phone stopped working. I called the automated line and it said I had a delinquent balance of $0. Well that didn't make much sense, so I waited on the line to speak with an operator. They then told me the same thing, I had delinquent balance of $0. It didn't make sense to them either. After a little research they told me that since they merged ATT Wireless and Cingular computer system that day, that my old account on the ATT system which was canceled had overridden my new account on the Cingular computer. So like magic, my new account was cancelled. They fixed my account and all was well...

Then my first bill came by way of automatic payment. Well it appeared that they set up auto pay to pay my bills automatically late by a few days. So my auto pay was auto billing me $5 by paying late everytime. I had to call them and have that fixed and get my account credited.

ATT and Cingular packaged together just sounds plain bad. Sprint is much better, and I wouldn't doubt Verizon or T Mobile wouldn't be better providers.

SpursWoman
06-12-2006, 09:11 AM
yep, haven't had probs til recently... however shitty cingular service is still 100x better than the best sprint service i ever had

I've had Sprint for almost 8 years, and don't remember ever having a dropped call (unless I was roaming, which isn't often) until their recent merger with Nextel ... but I haven't had one in a couple of weeks so I'm assuming they're done doing what they were doing.

And because I've had my account for so long, I get all kinds of extra little services at no charge....and they do all kinds of things for me if I do happen to have a problem. I have no complaints, but then I'm always very nice when I call. :lol

pache100
06-12-2006, 09:13 AM
I have been with Hawk Electronics (they used to be exclusively Cingular when I got my phone) for almost 5 years. I have never had a single dropped call with Cingular (I don't get or make all that many calls, though). When I first went with them, I had a bad phone, a Sony Ericsson, that had a faulty on/off switch. After dealing with that for 3 years and never knowing when I'd be able to turn my phone on or off, I traded it out for a Nokia 6010. Never had a problem since. I have been all over the country with it and the only place I've ever seen it not working on the Cingular network is where I was not getting a signal...primarily in the badlands of Oklahoma and in our headquarters building at the Washington Navy Yard (and even then, it worked when I got close to a window)...and maybe one or two other places.

I'm very happy with Cingular. I am thinking about going to a pre-paid plan because I have so little traffic on my phone and I feel that I am paying for something I'm not using. I will probably have to leave Hawk and go straight Cingular when I do that because as far as I can tell, Hawk does not offer that option.

Melmart1
06-12-2006, 03:09 PM
I've had Sprint for almost 8 years, and don't remember ever having a dropped call (unless I was roaming, which isn't often) until their recent merger with Nextel ... but I haven't had one in a couple of weeks so I'm assuming they're done doing what they were doing.

And because I've had my account for so long, I get all kinds of extra little services at no charge....and they do all kinds of things for me if I do happen to have a problem. I have no complaints, but then I'm always very nice when I call. :lol

I had tons of Sprint issues when I lived in Virginia, but everywhere else I have travelled often along the East Coast, no issues. Go figure.

SpursWoman
06-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Today I just added a phone on my account for my daughter for an early birthday present....I got the phone for free and adding her is only $9.95/mo + tax.

It's not really out of the goodness of my heart though...now I'll be able to cancel my $40+/mo digital home phone that no one uses except for her. :nerd :lol

CosmicCowboy
06-12-2006, 03:33 PM
hmmm...my cingular service seems to be working fine...In the last 3 days I've made and received calls everywhere from 15 miles offshore in the Gulf of Mexico, on the road back to SA, and in SA with no problem.

spurs=bling
06-12-2006, 03:38 PM
someone please click this link and tell me what you see wrong.

http://a111.g.akamai.net/f/111/2897/1h/www.cingular.com/images/home/optimized/marquee/052606_dropcalls.gif

CharlieMac
06-12-2006, 04:48 PM
someone please click this link and tell me what you see wrong.

http://a111.g.akamai.net/f/111/2897/1h/www.cingular.com/images/home/optimized/marquee/052606_dropcalls.gif

Phil Jackson photoshopped it and added an asterisk?

Kori Ellis
06-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Five days with no access to a working phone :cry

SpursWoman
06-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Did you pay the bill?

KIDDING! That's my standard smartass reply when something like that doesn't work. :lol

You've called and still no help? :wtf

Kori Ellis
06-12-2006, 04:59 PM
How would I call? :lol

I can't dial out at all on my phone. Lj's phone drops the call within the first few seconds. My doctor's office has been trying to reach me since Thursday and I can't talk to them. Hopefully it's not super urgent.

SpursWoman
06-12-2006, 05:05 PM
True. :oops :lol

Have you gone into a Cingular store?

Kori Ellis
06-12-2006, 05:07 PM
If it's not working by tomorrow, I'll go to the phone store. I have a lot of calls I need to make. In addition to calling my doctor back that has called 3 times, I need to call Independence Carpet Care thanks to KEDA spilling all over my couch and floor :lol and I need to call someone to cut my grass.

SpursWoman
06-12-2006, 05:09 PM
I need to call Independence Carpet Care thanks to KEDA spilling all over my couch and floor :lol and I need to call someone to cut my grass.

I was hoping that wasn't me.... :oops :lol

Kori Ellis
06-12-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm just blaming KEDA, since he was the drunkest. :lmao

SpursWoman
06-12-2006, 05:51 PM
:lol :lol

I might have been a close second.

spurs=bling
06-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Phil Jackson photoshopped it and added an asterisk?

no, its on the Cingular (www.cingular.com) site

Kori Ellis
06-12-2006, 06:06 PM
My phone just worked for TWO phone calls. :elephant

It might actually be working.

E20
06-12-2006, 07:57 PM
My Sony Erricson W600i has Cingular service, it has shitty reception and at times I'm at annoying positions to get a clear signal. Also, sometimes when I just call the number it automatically disconnects after the 1st ring.

pooh
06-12-2006, 08:03 PM
I have had Cingluar back when it was Southwestern Bell and haven't had any problems. But I'm getting ready to change plans, so don't take my word for it...but in the 11 years I used it I never had any kind of problems.

Kori Ellis
06-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Our phones work now.

It was 4 days without service, but that was the first time we've ever had problems.

Das Texan
06-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Our phones work now.

It was 4 days without service, but that was the first time we've ever had problems.

did those bastards give you an explanation yet?

Kori Ellis
06-12-2006, 09:07 PM
I never called them.

I just had faith in the system. :angel

Das Texan
06-12-2006, 09:24 PM
I never called them.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

good thing it started working though.

Mijo
06-12-2006, 10:07 PM
I called and was told the service would continue to be shitty until June 26. They only have about half of their towers operative while they are merging at&t towers.

leemajors
06-12-2006, 11:32 PM
I never called them.

call them and get credited for those 4 days. they'll do it.

T Park
06-13-2006, 01:47 AM
My PC Card still doesn't work, and the customer service Data center closes at 11 Eastern.

Thats 8 pm for us peeps in California.

Are you fuckin kidding me?

With the amount of peeps that have phones out here in fake tit land, you dont have a west coast office or helpers?!!??!

christ all mighty.

UtownSpur
06-13-2006, 07:14 AM
I live in Uvalde and ever since i got my new Sony Ericson about 3 months ago I have been dropping calls and losing signal. I thought it was the phone..but maybe it is the Cingular service in the whole area.

pache100
06-13-2006, 08:07 AM
call them and get credited for those 4 days. they'll do it.

Yes. They may give you the whole month free.