PDA

View Full Version : nascar poll...

chode_regulator
06-09-2006, 07:54 PM
if you took an elite nascar driver, such as jeff gordon, junior, kenseth, biffle and stuck them in a car that kyle petty, robby gordon, derrik cope drove that they would still be as good. in other words does the car matter more than the driver or the driver more than the car. or does it not matter?

mookie2001
06-09-2006, 09:39 PM
the car

samikeyp
06-11-2006, 11:05 PM
I say the driver.

bonzi_isaspurskiller
06-11-2006, 11:29 PM
i thought this poll would be to see just exactly how many nascar fans live in trailor parks and drink thunderbird. damn.

samikeyp
06-12-2006, 01:17 AM
no that poll comes out next week. :lol

pache100
06-12-2006, 08:30 AM
Are you talking personal preference or winning potential? I will follow Kasey Kahne, no matter who he works for or what vehicle he drives. I will always be a fan of the other drivers I like, no matter who they drive for or what they drive (unless they go to work for Hendricks - that's a show-stopper for me). Most of the drivers I can't stand or hate will stay status quo with me no matter where they go, too. One exception I can think of right off hand is Brian Vickers. He has asked to be released from his contract with Hendricks at the end of this season. That is a gutsy move for someone his age and in his position, but I can't say I blame him and I admire him for it. Depending on where he lands, I might wind up liking him. Another example is Dale Jarrett moving to Michael Waltrip Racing in 2007; that only makes me MORE of a Dale Jarrett fan than I already am, doesn't lessen my interest in him at all.

I think the owner/team/organization makes more difference to the car itself. I don't think the make of car is particularly important, but how much support the race team gets from the manufacturer makes a lot of difference. For example, Bill Davis racing has been really struggling with the Dodge Chargers (and even the Intrepids) for the past few years because they received NO SUPPORT from Chrysler Dodge on the race cars. Any advice or support they were able to get came from the other race teams (mostly Penske-Jasper) that run Dodges. Also, Evernham Motor Sports Dodge Chargers use Penske-Jasper engines for restrictor plate tracks due to lack of support from Dogde on restrictor plate racing cars.

I think communication among teams will be crucial in the future. There is a trend, which began at the end of last season and is picking up momentum, for all the drivers/crew chiefs/pit crews working for an owner to sit down before and after each race and discuss the race cars and the track. They share information and that benefits everyone. I think Hendricks and Rousch started this trend last year, but the others are following. The main reason they are doing this is because, in truck racing, Toyota is all over this concept. They even cross owner teams to pass along safety and other information. So, it looks like the Nextel series teams are trying to get a jump on the practice before Toyota enters Nextel in 2007. It can only help, there is no way it can hurt.

pache100
06-12-2006, 08:31 AM
i thought this poll would be to see just exactly how many nascar fans live in trailor parks and drink thunderbird. damn.

No more than basketball fans that follow the Kings. :king

Nesterofish
06-29-2006, 09:25 PM
bump