PDA

View Full Version : Vikings NEED a QB

snowboarder
06-09-2006, 11:06 PM
What you guys think? Who do you think will be the next QB for the vikes?

RON ARTEST
06-09-2006, 11:08 PM
how bout alex smith? :lol

Mr Dio
06-09-2006, 11:47 PM
Who cares?
That QB won't wear a ring unless he wins or has won it with a diff team.
Seriously, they need some front office help & then they can build from there.

NBA Junkie
06-10-2006, 12:55 AM
I'm content on settling with Brad Johnson for now. Drew Brees could have been signed, but the rotator cuff injury scared them off. That new West coast style offense that Childress is implementing, perfectly suits Johnson's style of play. Sure, Chester Taylor is a gamble at RB, but our offensive line is greatly upgraded with a healthy Matt Birk and the addition of all-pro lineman Steve Hutchinson. It will definitely be interesting to see if the Vikings new look in offensive identity will succeed or fail.

Back to the QB situation- If Johnson goes down this year all bets are off. Mike McMahon is our back-up and I don't feel good about our chances if he has to take over full-time.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-10-2006, 11:14 AM
http://star.txstate.edu/images/stories/nov05/8th/S-1105-Nealy-C.jpg

spurschick
06-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Yo, JB, check your PMs!

Mr Dio
06-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Minny front office signed a very good OL & had a decent but not great one in place already. So they let the best O players go so that this very good O line has no one to block for. What a waste. Minn will go thru prob 2 starting QBs this yr & has a great chance to try a 3rd when all is lost, in late Oct or early Nov.

j-6
06-10-2006, 12:32 PM
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2005/03/02/1109785398_1673.jpg

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Toronto/2005/05/18/bishop_michael250.jpg

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Toronto/2005/05/18/1045011.html

Bishop once threw a ball 93 yards in the air in the Arena Football League's annual talent workout.

NorCal510
06-14-2006, 10:23 PM
no shit they need a Qb brad johson sucks dick

NBA Junkie
06-15-2006, 10:14 AM
That same dick sucker also Qb'ed a Super Bowl Champion.

Won't happen with the Vikings. Just sayin'

NorCal510
06-15-2006, 05:26 PM
it wasnt him, it was the D.

and that was a whle back

Spurs rock
06-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Vikings should've kept Culpepper man, I heard on ESPN that he will be ready for training camp and week 1. Vikings fucked up, but then again they always do.

NBA Junkie
06-15-2006, 08:11 PM
Culpepper is highly overrated. His history proves it.

Everytime it looks as though he's turned it around, his play suffers another relapse.

Miami will never win a Super Bowl with that clown running the offense.

Spurs rock
06-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Culpepper is highly overrated. His history proves it.

Everytime it looks as though he's turned it around, his play suffers another relapse.

Miami will never win a Super Bowl with that clown running the offense.

You're just saying that cuz he's no longer in Minnesota, I bet you weren't saying that last year.

NBA Junkie
06-15-2006, 11:39 PM
I bet you weren't saying that last year.

You're right. After coming off that solid 2004 campaign, where he was overshadowed by Peyton Manning, it looked like Culpepper was ready to become one of the NFL's elite quarterbacks. Unfortunately, he suffered key offensive personnel losses in Randy Moss, Matt Birk, and Onterrio Smith. He simply was unable to adjust his game after he started seeing more blitzes and 8 men in the box schemes. As a result, he became the same turnover machine that he was in the 2001 and 2002 campaigns.

I just don't think that he has the mental toughness that is necessary to be a top caliber QB. He never seems to deliver when more is expected of him. Remember the great season he had as a first year starter in 2000? Well, all he did was follow that up with two dismal seasons in '01 and '02. I see a pattern here and it's called inconsistency.

Perhaps a change of scenery will do him good. I don't wish any ill will on the guy. It's for the best that he and the Vikings parted ways since new coach Brad Childress wants to implement a west coast style offense and it's one that doesn't suit Culpepper's strengths. He's more effective in a vertical passing attack.

sa_butta
06-17-2006, 04:03 PM
I feel sorry for you guys getting Rick Spielman as your VP, he fucked us in Miami for a couple of years.

sickdsm
06-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Who cares?
That QB won't wear a ring unless he wins or has won it with a diff team.
Seriously, they need some front office help & then they can build from there.

Yeah, definatly need to get rid of Scott Studwell, one of the best in the business.

Not to mention that team manages the salary cap better than most.

:rolleyes

NorCal510
06-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Yeah, definatly need to get rid of Scott Studwell, one of the best in the business.

Not to mention that team manages the salary cap better than most.

:rolleyes

the way u talkin make it sound like they the patriots or some shit, stupid biatch!

sickdsm
06-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Q: Is Studwell one of the best at what he does?

I don't even think that's open for discussion.

Q: Are the Vikes good at managing the cap? They stole Huthinson this offseason with clever wording of the contract making him basically unmatchable. When have you seen the Vikings releasing a star or very good player based on clearing cap space like so many teams are forced to do?

You're the stupid biatch, stupid biatch.

Mr Dio
06-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Studwell, hmmmm.....How many rings does Minny own? :lol

ANY team can manage the cap & not have the personal to EVER win a ring. :lol

Mr Dio
06-18-2006, 09:55 PM
I do give the Vikes praise for that AMAZING trade they made to land that QB from, from, from.... :lol

NorCal510
06-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Q: Is Studwell one of the best at what he does?

I don't even think that's open for discussion.

Q: Are the Vikes good at managing the cap? They stole Huthinson this offseason with clever wording of the contract making him basically unmatchable. When have you seen the Vikings releasing a star or very good player based on clearing cap space like so many teams are forced to do?

You're the stupid biatch, stupid biatch.

hell naw foo! think about what u sayin homeboy, the vikings SUCK, they suck, who cares about cap and whos good at what, they suck period, you stupid biatch!! Stupid ass motherfucker!!

Spurs rock
06-19-2006, 09:43 AM
hell naw foo! think about what u sayin homeboy, the vikings SUCK, they suck, who cares about cap and whos good at what, they suck period, you stupid biatch!! Stupid ass motherfucker!!

lol Vikings don't suck man, teams like the 49ers, Packers and Texans now they suck!

NorCal510
06-19-2006, 09:11 PM
lol Vikings don't suck man, teams like the 49ers, Packers and Texans now they suck!

ok below average

Spurs rock
06-20-2006, 07:14 PM
ok below average

They were 9-7 so I would say they are about average.

yavozerb
06-20-2006, 08:44 PM
After the dolphins dont need harrington they will give him up to the vikes for a draft pick, probably the one they gave up for caulpepper...

NorCal510
06-20-2006, 08:52 PM
and they lost dc, n8, and more....

yea thought so

NBA Junkie
07-08-2006, 10:28 AM
and they lost dc, n8, and more....

yea thought so

Addition by subtraction, baby!

Vikings are now realizing that the road to the Super Bowl is substance over style.