PDA

View Full Version : One.

AlamoSpursFan
06-10-2006, 01:26 AM
That was it. ONE.

I've been assigned Irving plant loads for 3 days running, so all the way up I-35E, West on I-20 over to Spur 408 and up to Loop 12 to Union Bower street, I've been watching for Mavs spirit on the cars of Dallas.

Today I saw the ONE and ONLY Mavs car flag. That was it. No bumper stickers, no Mavs window art, no nothing. There is a building going up across the highway from the AAC with a large Go Mavs banner on it, but other than that, I am led to believe that Mavs fans are mostly band wagon jumping idiots who don't want anyone to know it.

You suck, Mavs fans!

:lol

Cant_Be_Faded
06-10-2006, 01:34 AM
LOL i see shitloads of car flags these days around the plex
fucking dallas is so gay

jaffies
06-10-2006, 01:36 AM
One.

... singular sensation
Every little step she takes.
One thrilling combination
Every move that she makes.
One smile and suddenly nobody else will do;
You know you'll never be lonely with you know who.

One moment in her presence
And you can forget the rest.
For the girl is second best
To none,
Son.
Ooooh! Sigh! Give her your attention.
Do...I...really have to mention?
She's the One?

Mavs_man_41
06-10-2006, 01:36 AM
Fuck you this isn't true at all. I'm from arlington and the whole damn city is supporting the mavs. I see mavs bumber stickers everywhere i go. All the dallas radio stations are even talking about the mavs. The DFW area is huge, were talking about dallas, fort worth, arlington, plano, crowley, carrolton, flower mound, coppel, lewisville, south lake, duncanville, desoto, denton, irving, mansfield, mesquite, etc. You are fucking retarded if you don't already know that all these cities are supporting the mavericks. The mavericks have a bigger fan base than any other team in the league.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-10-2006, 01:44 AM
No man, fuck you, I drive the highways every day here and there are nowhere near the amount of old, weathered, team paraphenalia like in San Antonio. It's there, but it's hard to find.

Yet once the spurs were elminated, every other conservative chode in this lame ass city has a mavs flag, fresh, crisp, clean, straight outta the package.

Mavs_man_41
06-10-2006, 01:47 AM
This is a bullshit lie you are never gonna convince me that no one here supporst the mavs I FUCKING LIVE HERE i think i know more people from the area than you and yes they do support the mavs.

Mavs_man_41
06-10-2006, 01:49 AM
LOL whats next are u gonna say no one from dallas supported the cowboys? americas team? haha lmao i know u must be joking.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-10-2006, 01:50 AM
Dude noone said dallas doesn't support the mavs, we're trying to tell you all the supporters going mavs-bonkers here are fucking bandwagoning lakers-esque fans.

The support is here, all over the radio, tv, in resturants, decor, etc

but its all fake
that shit wasn't there a month ago, go to san antonio and fuckign places have Go Spurs during the regular season, every day, even after a loss

typical retard mavs fan

ponky
06-10-2006, 01:50 AM
Hilarious. Spurs fans bash Mavs fans for celebrating before they've even won anything and then they bash them for not plastering their cars with all kinds of shit. We have the money to shell out $22 for WCF Championship t-shirts, we don't need to go get the freebie car flags at *insert local sponsor store here*

Mavs_man_41
06-10-2006, 01:52 AM
No, you said there are no flags or shows of spirit on the CARS OF DALLAS, which would mean there wasn't support for them here. And why the hell would i want to go to san antonio.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-10-2006, 01:53 AM
^^^

LOL i see shitloads of car flags these days around the plex
fucking dallas is so gay

learn to read, retard

on second thought, stay dumb
it makes me feel better than you

ponky
06-10-2006, 01:53 AM
Dude noone said dallas doesn't support the mavs, we're trying to tell you all the supporters going mavs-bonkers here are fucking bandwagoning lakers-esque fans.

but its all fake
that shit wasn't there a month ago, go to san antonio and fuckign places have Go Spurs during the regular season, every day, even after a loss

typical retard mavs fan

I will agree with you about this point. There are several bandwagon fans now that the Mavs have made it to the Finals but that doesn't mean that the Mavs don't have a loyal fan base that have supported them throughout the years. Hopefully some of these bandwagon fans will stick around and watch next season. The Spurs fans have had a lot to cheer about the last 6 years and their fan base has grown as a result but I remember when it wasn't so hot in S.A. and lots of those fans were Rockets fans come post-season. I don't live in Dallas, I live in Austin so I'm well aware of the years of growth that the Spurs fanbase has experienced.

Mavs_man_41
06-10-2006, 01:54 AM
Hilarious. Spurs fans bash Mavs fans for celebrating before they've even won anything and then they bash them for not plastering their cars with all kinds of shit. We have the money to shell out $22 for WCF Championship t-shirts, we don't need to go get the freebie car flags at *insert local sponsor store here*

haha, thats funny because i got my WCF championship t-shirt the day after we won game 7, and wore it during the game yesterday to show my support for the mavs. This guy is talking but all i hear is "bullshit."

ponky
06-10-2006, 01:55 AM
haha, thats funny because i got my WCF championship t-shirt the day after we won game 7, and wore it during the game yesterday to show my support for the mavs. This guy is talking but all i hear is "bullshit."

Yeah, my bf and I have been wearing a different Mavs shirt each day since last Saturday...it was crazy how much mavsgear the people were buying last Sunday at the AAC when the lottery was being held.

Mavs_man_41
06-10-2006, 01:59 AM
I am led to believe that Mavs fans are mostly band wagon jumping idiots who don't want anyone to know it.

You suck, Mavs fans!

:lol

What a nutcase, all the mavs fans i know have been mavs fans for years, of course there are going to be a few bandwagon fans when your team reaches the finals for the first time. That doesn't mean it's typical of all mav fans.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-10-2006, 01:59 AM
They even said on the news that mavs attire is being sold at record pace here.

Funny thing about mavs fans though, my boss has floor seats to the finals, and said that the crowd for game 1 was a bunch of 50 year old executive types

and that the crowd was ridiculously louder for the spurs series.

Mavs_man_41
06-10-2006, 02:00 AM

Funny thing about mavs fans though, my boss has floor seats to the finals, and said that the crowd for game 1 was a bunch of 50 year old executive types

That's too bad, if I could ever get tickets before they are sold out i would be the loudest mother'fer in the whole damn building.

ponky
06-10-2006, 02:01 AM

when lowers are selling for a minimum of $1000 apiece, it's only the rich types who can go unless you have season tix...i remember not too long in the second round series lots of spurs posters were complaining about how the lower level sucked at the att center, i think kori mentioned it, i'm sure of it

NBA Junkie
06-10-2006, 02:02 AM
...that shit wasn't there a month ago, go to san antonio and fuckign places have Go Spurs during the regular season, every day, even after a loss

Naturally, since the Spurs are the only pro team in town. Dallas, OTOH, has four pro sports franchises.

Just sayin'...

Cant_Be_Faded
06-10-2006, 02:04 AM
yah, but you dont see too many cowboys or rangers shit perrenially here either unless you're at a festive sports bar

and hockey doesn't even really exist to me, or the other common dallas residents in this world

AlamoSpursFan
06-10-2006, 02:07 AM
It's a good thing Cuban called Russ Martin the other night or y'all woulda lost. Rob's Hex Box sounded like the real thing... :lol

I stand by my assessment. You can't drive 2 miles in this town without passing or being passed by a car proudly displaying Spurs spirit. Been that way for years and years. I spent several hours in Dallas traffic over the past 3 days and I saw one brand new Mavs flag. Oh no wait, the other day I saw a car with "When the SUN goes down, so does the HEAT" car-polished on the back window. That was clever. Otherwise, nothing.

ponky
06-10-2006, 02:07 AM
yah, but you dont see too many cowboys or rangers shit perrenially here either unless you're at a festive sports bar

and hockey doesn't even really exist to me, or the other common dallas residents in this world

like i said before, it's all because of the success that the spurs have had, you didn't see as much spurs gear everywhere pre-1999

Mavs_man_41
06-10-2006, 02:08 AM
It's a good thing Cuban called Russ Martin the other night or y'all woulda lost. Rob's Hex Box sounded like the real thing... :lol

I stand by my assessment. You can't drive 2 miles in this town without passing or being passed by a car proudly displaying Spurs spirit. Been that way for years and years. I spent several hours in Dallas traffic over the past 3 days and I saw one brand new Mavs flag. Oh no wait, the other day I saw a car with "When the SUN goes down, so does the HEAT" car-polished on the back window. That was clever. Otherwise, nothing.

Like i said before you are retarded if you don't think the mavs have a big fan base other than the 2 band wagon fans with signs on their cars.

NBA Junkie
06-10-2006, 02:08 AM
...and hockey doesn't even really exist to me, or the other common dallas residents in this world

Except in 1999 when they won the cup. The bandwagon hoppers were out in full force then.

Just talkin' about the Stars pisses me off since they used to reside here in Minnesota (We love our hockey) until that weasel Norm Green moved them to big D.

ponky
06-10-2006, 02:09 AM

if "years and years" = 7 years, then yes, you are correct...it doesn't take a genius to figure out why

AlamoSpursFan
06-10-2006, 02:10 AM
Like i said before you are retarded if you don't think the mavs have a big fan base other than the 2 band wagon fans with signs on their cars.

Damn...a Mavs fan thinks I'm retarded. :depressed

Think I'll go off myself now.

:lmao

Dear Pot,

So are you!

Sincerely,
Kettle

Mavs_man_41
06-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Damn...a Mavs fan thinks I'm retarded. :depressed

Think I'll go off myself now.

:lmao

Dear Pot,

So are you!

Sincerely,
Kettle

hmmm....this isn't a case of the pot calling the kettle black it's just you being a dumbass.

ponky
06-10-2006, 02:13 AM
hmmm....this isn't a case of the pot calling the kettle black it's just you being a dumbass.

what's funny is how he uses emoticons to pat himself on the back in his posts

DubMcDub
06-10-2006, 02:30 AM

but its all fake

typical retard mavs fan

Apparently the extreme difference between a city with numerous hugely successful professional sports franchises and a city that has exactly one horse is completely lost on you.

Of course San Antonians are gonna have their cars plastered with tacky ass Spurs shit in higher percentages than Dallasites--it's all you have.

....oh I'm sorry I forgot to mention the Silver Stars :lol.

pking
06-10-2006, 02:41 AM
Wow --- You apparently are missing the part of the metroplex I drive through every day. Overloaded with car flags and shoe-polish messages on the windows.

It annoys me to be honest. Tons of it is bandwagoner which drives me nuts.

But yea, to say it's not there is just false.

leemajors
06-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Apparently the extreme difference between a city with numerous hugely successful professional sports franchises and a city that has exactly one horse is completely lost on you.

Of course San Antonians are gonna have their cars plastered with tacky ass Spurs shit in higher percentages than Dallasites--it's all you have.

....oh I'm sorry I forgot to mention the Silver Stars :lol.

2 is not numerous. it is definitely more than one though. the stars and the cowboys are the only ones with marked success. just because dallas is most likely full of new mavs fans doesn't mean every fan jumped on the wagon a month ago. unwad your panties for christ's sake.

Obstructed_View
06-10-2006, 12:38 PM
It's the birth of the "I was so busy looking forward to Cowboys training camp that I didn't have time to root for the Mavericks" defense for being rotten little bandwagon jumpers.

JHoLove
06-10-2006, 12:42 PM
There are a lot of bandwagon fans... but there are those fans who have stuck around through the 90s......

But, the city has been pretty Mavs crazy the whole playoffs. Not just for the finals.

Amarelooms
06-10-2006, 12:45 PM
No man, fuck you, I drive the highways every day here and there are nowhere near the amount of old, weathered, team paraphenalia like in San Antonio. It's there, but it's hard to find.

Yet once the spurs were elminated, every other conservative chode in this lame ass city has a mavs flag, fresh, crisp, clean, straight outta the package.

That's causes Mavs fans don't need to act gay and have lame bumperstickers and flags on their cars....who even puts stickers on their rides lol? So sad Spurs fans...oh how the mighty have fallen.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-10-2006, 01:30 PM
This is a bullshit lie you are never gonna convince me that no one here supporst the mavs I FUCKING LIVE HERE i think i know more people from the area than you and yes they do support the mavs.

I gotta back the OP on this one. I live here in north Dallas and I had to do a double take Thursday when I actually saw a car with a Mavs car flag flying.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-10-2006, 01:32 PM

It's not so much that as it is all the 30K millionaires who are leasing their beamers are not allowed to put bumper stickers on their cars per terms of the contract. :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
06-10-2006, 01:36 PM
30K millionaires? that must be a dallas phrase cuz I've heard it from 3 or 4 diff people from here, never heard it prior to moving here heh

Addison is rife with 30K millionaires

Amarelooms
06-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Awesome how Spurs homers living in D-town are claiming that the city is not supporting the Mavs. Nice try homers....rather pathetic that you stoop to such a low level. I understand that you're still bitter and disappointed but all these threads just look bad/foolish.

Solid D
06-10-2006, 01:46 PM
My Honor Roll Student can beat up any Dallas Mavs Fan.

pking
06-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Honestly, I'm shocked to see so many people who live in the metroplex saying that they are surprised when they see the flags because they are few and far between. It's overrun with flags, I am annoyed with the flags.

I'm a huge Mavs fan, have been for a long time...I have no bumper sticker (I would never put any kind of sticker anywhere on my car...sue me. It's not about not supporting a team, it's about preference. I don't like the way it looks. I pay a pretty penny for my car and stickers are a no-go.) I have no flag, no magnet. Even if the metroplex wasn't (which it is) overrun with the flags and stickers and magnets, I don't know why that supposedly equates to the city having no interest in the team/the team not being supported.

Shank
06-10-2006, 03:52 PM
1. Every city and every team has bandwagon fans. San Antonio, though you may think so, is no exception to this. You just happen to see more Spurs gear around SA because the city only has the one sport. If the Mavs were the only thing Dallas had, you'd see the same number of stickers and whatnot as in SA.
2. There is a lot of support for the team right now. Flags, stickers, shoe polish on the windows, etc. Whether they're bandwagoners or not isn't the point - there is plenty of support to be seen.
3. Game 1 of the Finals (especially the pregame introductions and the countdown to tipoff) was the loudest I have ever heard that arena and I've been to every home game for the last 3 seasons. Pretty amazing energy in the crowd.
4. There are old executive-types on the floor level for every game around the league.

What's up with trying to call out the fans in Dallas? We support our teams just fine and will continue to do so.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Honestly, I'm shocked to see so many people who live in the metroplex saying that they are surprised when they see the flags because they are few and far between. It's overrun with flags, I am annoyed with the flags.

I'm a huge Mavs fan, have been for a long time...I have no bumper sticker (I would never put any kind of sticker anywhere on my car...sue me. It's not about not supporting a team, it's about preference. I don't like the way it looks. I pay a pretty penny for my car and stickers are a no-go.) I have no flag, no magnet. Even if the metroplex wasn't (which it is) overrun with the flags and stickers and magnets, I don't know why that supposedly equates to the city having no interest in the team/the team not being supported.

yea the flags are everywhere, i just saw one drive by on the adjacent street

strangeweather
06-10-2006, 04:02 PM
1. Every city and every team has bandwagon fans. San Antonio, though you may think so, is no exception to this. You just happen to see more Spurs gear around SA because the city only has the one sport. If the Mavs were the only thing Dallas had, you'd see the same number of stickers and whatnot as in SA.
2. There is a lot of support for the team right now. Flags, stickers, shoe polish on the windows, etc. Whether they're bandwagoners or not isn't the point - there is plenty of support to be seen.
3. Game 1 of the Finals (especially the pregame introductions and the countdown to tipoff) was the loudest I have ever heard that arena and I've been to every home game for the last 3 seasons. Pretty amazing energy in the crowd.
4. There are old executive-types on the floor level for every game around the league.

What's up with trying to call out the fans in Dallas? We support our teams just fine and will continue to do so.
This is basically right. The one counterpoint I would make is that even for a multisport town, Dallas hasn't traditionally been a great basketball town. It's better than it used to be thanks to the team turnaround, and this year's run will certainly convert some new longterm fans, but teams in Dallas are competing for second place behind the Cowboys.

That doesn't mean there aren't hardcore Mav fans or that the city doesn't give a crap, but Dallas has a long way to go to be as in to basketball as some other multisport cities like Detroit or NYC are.

ZStomp
06-10-2006, 04:48 PM
http://www.metalmaniacs.it/Rubriche/VideoManiacs/Immagini/metallica-one-immagine4.JPG

:tu

SPARKY
06-10-2006, 05:15 PM

Wow. Twenty-two dollars. Imagine that.

SPARKY
06-10-2006, 05:17 PM

The discussion is about Dallas, right?

Shank
06-10-2006, 05:35 PM

Hey man, 1999 wasn't that long ago.

And don't MAKE me bring up the Frisco Roughriders.

SPARKY
06-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Hey man, 1999 wasn't that long ago.

And don't MAKE me bring up the Frisco Roughriders.

:lol nice.

DubMcDub
06-10-2006, 09:35 PM

Yes, Dallas. As in the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Stars.

SPARKY
06-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Yes, Dallas. As in the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Stars.

Cowboys? Seriously.

Stars? Anytime in this millenium?

For someone who insists Spurs fans can't bring up a title won last year...

Not surprising, though.

Das Texan
06-11-2006, 12:01 AM
I've been in Dallas the last month during the week.

You will hear people talking about the Mavericks but by and large there is no car flags, no bumper stickers, no banners, etc.

But then again the Dallas area also has other sports to keep them entertained. Although we are talking the NBA finals here....

DubMcDub
06-11-2006, 01:59 AM
Cowboys? Seriously.

Stars? Anytime in this millenium?

For someone who insists Spurs fans can't bring up a title won last year...

Not surprising, though.

It's quite interesting because I don't recall ever saying Dallas teams had won a championship in the past few years. I said there's a big difference between a city who has multiple teams who have historically been extremely successful and a city who has exactly one horse.

When that horse dies, like it did a few weeks ago, all you whiners bitch and moan for months because you have nothing else left. THAT is the point. Not notpicking of whether or not the Stars have won "this millenium" (which, by the way, is such a weak remark it's almost unbelievable).

ChumpDumper
06-11-2006, 03:26 AM
When that horse dies, like it did a few weeks ago, all you whiners bitch and moan for months because you have nothing else left.But you guys bitch when you win as well as when you lose.

WTF?