PDA

View Full Version : Grant Hill, Jalen Rose available?

SPARKY
06-10-2006, 09:05 AM
How about Bonzi Wells , Grant Hill and Jalen Rose ?

Dumars can't speak about Hill and Rose because they are under contract with their respective teams. Wells, originally drafted by the Pistons, is a free agent.

Moles say Wells is the most likely to sign. Wells appeared ticketed for Auburn Hills last offseason. Many expected Memphis would buy him out of the last year of his contract. Instead, he was traded to Sacramento.

Last season, he averaged 13.6 points and seven rebounds off the bench. In the playoffs, he went wild, averaging 23 points and 12 rebounds in six games. He also shot a whopping 60 percent. The Pistons could have used that against the Heat.

Hill's return isn't a pipe dream. He left the Pistons in a sign-and-trade deal with the Magic that netted him a seven-year, $92 million contract.

Moles believe Hill, who finally appears to be healthy, would love the chance to return to Detroit in a reduced role and allow his wife to be closer to her family in Windsor. For that to happen, the Magic would have to buy him out of the last year of his deal.

Rose, a Detroit native, would need the Knicks to buy out his contract -- $16.9 million.

source (http://www.detnews.com)

ashbeeigh
06-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Grant Hill :td for every team in the NBA.

spurs=bling
06-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Grant Hill? if thats the case lets get Mengke Bateer back.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-10-2006, 11:45 AM
I would gladly take Jalen Rose.

At the right price though. He's a big shot taker/maker. But only at the right price. (4 mill or less a year)

clubalien
06-10-2006, 12:05 PM
I think grant hill has super star abilities up there with Jordan correct? and didn;t hill and tim want to play in orlando. So it is posible

can you imagine getting both hill and ben wallace in the same season

Please_dont_ban_me
06-10-2006, 12:09 PM
I think grant hill has super star abilities up there with Jordan correct? and didn;t hill and tim want to play in orlando. So it is posible

Hill is realistic.

Ben Wallace is unrealistic, unless we offer them something like a Tony Parker in a sign-and-trade. As for Hill being "a superstar on the level of MJ" well he was. Right now he's a good player, nothing near what he used to be before his injuries.

That said, he's still a very good shooter, and a very good passer, and has a high basketball IQ. He's a less mentally fragile version of Brent Barry in my opinion.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-10-2006, 12:13 PM
grant hill drinks sprite

grant
hill

drinks
sprite

Texas_Ranger
06-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Grant would be very good if he would not be injured so much.

rascal
06-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Grant Hill is unreliable. He spends more time injured than on the court.

Obstructed_View
06-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Grant Hill is unreliable. He spends more time injured than on the court.
Grant Hill was injured? :rolleyes

JamStone
06-10-2006, 12:36 PM
I think if Orlando buys out Grant Hill's contract, there would be plenty of teams that would want to sign him for the veteran's minimum.

He would be a very good pick-up for contending teams who needed a playmaker off the bench.

But, if it meant spending something like the MLE on him for multiple years, his injury history would likely be too much of a risk to justify it.

ashbeeigh
06-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Grant would be very good if he would not be injured so much.

You mean he would be good if he was uninjured.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-10-2006, 01:16 PM
If we could get Rose for the MLE, that would be a good idea.

clubalien, I really am beginning to think you need psychiatric help. The day Ben Wallace comes to SA is the day that boutons starts at point guard for the Spurs.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-10-2006, 01:25 PM
youre in my world now hill

rascal
06-10-2006, 02:01 PM
What they should have done is get Caron Butler when he was available.

How about Darius Miles?

Rescueone
06-10-2006, 02:54 PM
If we could get Rose for the MLE, that would be a good idea.

clubalien, I really am beginning to think you need psychiatric help. The day Ben Wallace comes to SA is the day that boutons starts at point guard for the Spurs.

We don't need Rose, LET IT GO ALREADY. He will NEVER be a SPUR again. and for the MLE, Get real! The Spurs wouldn't be able to sign anyone else with this logic.

strangeweather
06-10-2006, 03:06 PM
We don't need Rose, LET IT GO ALREADY. He will NEVER be a SPUR again. and for the MLE, Get real! The Spurs wouldn't be able to sign anyone else with this logic.
Uh, that would be JALEN Rose, as per the thread title.

exstatic
06-10-2006, 04:42 PM
It would be supreme irony if Hill went back to Detroit, and Ben Wallace left. They would again exchange roster spots...

AMOS7
06-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Hill will play like 20 games a season, I don't think that's what the Spurs need.

Rose is just like Finley and Barry, so, he's not needed either.

ATHELTIC, young players are what they need. JR Smith and someone who can bring down rebounds, they will be fine with just those additions.

SPARKY
06-10-2006, 04:58 PM
The Spurs didn't lose because of "age" or lack of athleticism.

SPARKY
06-10-2006, 06:30 PM
They lost because they didn't have a big who could defend the 3 or 4 plus rebound and run the floor.

Hopefully they can find such a player this summer.

Axl Van Dam
06-14-2006, 04:46 AM
:rolleyes Grant Hill : Pretty good player despite being injury plagued. Worth considering.
:nope Jalen Rose : Not known as a team player. No way.

Spurminator
06-14-2006, 08:53 AM

:lmao :lmao

Can't really blame him though...

nbascribe
06-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Grant Hill is going to retire. He's had two surgeries that simply have not helped his injuries heal properly.

As for Jalen where are you going to stick him? He's a 3, not a two and he'll want to start; not be a role player.

This is what happens when you are a fan of a successful franchise....you can't get just anybody.

Also you guys have got to keep in mind that this team will not pay the luxury tax so the salary will have to be within some acceptable denominations. Low seven figures to be exact.