PDA

View Full Version : terry porter to pistons rescue?

ducks
06-10-2006, 09:24 AM
My molesare telling me Terry Porter will replace Sidney Lowe on the Pistons' bench next season.

Lowe, Flip Saunders' top assistant, has taken his dream job as coach of North Carolina State, where he played in college.

Porter was coach of the Bucks for two seasons before being fired in June 2005. Players, moles say, loved Porter because he knows what it takes to be an NBA player.

In two seasons with the Bucks, Porter was 71-93 and led the team to the playoffs in 2003-04.

The only reason Porter got the broom was because new general manager Larry Harris wanted to hire his buddy -- current coach Terry Stotts. For the record, Stotts was a runner-up when Porter was hired in August 2003 to coach his hometown team.

Fans, of course, will remember Porter as the pesky Trail Blazers guard during the Bad Boys days. In 1,274 games, Porter averaged 12.2 points, 5.6 assists and 1.24 steals. His teams went 815-547 and made the playoffs 16 times.

This might work out for everyone. Saunders and Lowe often were seen arguing about plays and situations during timeouts.

Lowe, a point guard for N.C. State during its 1983 national title run, replaced Herb Sendek.

As far as Porter, expect an official announcement soon.

Pistons upgrade?

My peepsare telling me some familiar names are linked to the Pistons as they look to retool.

Pistons president Joe Dumars has said his goal this offseason is to re-sign unrestricted free-agent center Ben Wallace and keep his starting five intact. Beyond that, Dumars said he just wants to add some firepower from the bench.

whottt
06-10-2006, 09:26 AM
NBA Forum

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43596

Solid D>Ducks

Sometimes.