PDA

View Full Version : Spurs can pay $500,000 toward a player's buyout?

ducks
06-10-2006, 09:45 AM
http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkxMjgmZmdi ZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTY5NDU0NjUmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZU VFeXk2

Mile Ilic is finishing his season in Serbia and could be moving closer to starting his professional career in New Jersey.

Ilic's agent, Marc Cornstein, expects his client to be bought out of his contract with FMP in Serbia in the next several weeks and in a Nets' uniform by training camp. The 7-foot-2 Ilic was the Nets' second-round pick last year.

Cornstein doesn't anticipate any problems. He said all parties involved know the plan is for Ilic to join the Nets, and that negotiations with FMP should begin after its season ends.

"I think if the Nets want him here he'll be here and every indication I've gotten is the Nets want him here," Cornstein said. "I do believe [the buyout] is something that will happen shortly. I think it will be manageable.

"I would be disappointed at this stage if Ilic was not a Net come October."

NBA teams can pay $500,000 toward a player's buyout. The player pays the rest. The Nets won't offer Ilic a contract until the buyout is determined.

Nets' brass is at the Orlando pre-draft camp this week. The Nets own picks 22 and 23 in the first round, but are trying to deal them to move up or package one with a player for a veteran.

Ilic, 21, is said to be a better athlete than Nenad Krstic, but needs to work on his body and game. The Nets want Ilic here so he can practice with them and work with their strength and conditioning staff. He may come over in the next few weeks to work out.

But Ilic won't play on the Nets' rookie/free agent team next month. The Serbian National team invited Ilic to play for it. Krstic may be his teammate

ducks
06-10-2006, 09:49 AM
tellscola you pay the half a million for buyout and then you make him sign for 2 million
so really he is making 2.5 million!

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-10-2006, 09:58 AM
That's how we tried to get Scola last year but his buyout was still too big so it didn't happen. Now this year I believe it's around 3 million so that .5 million can help out a lot this offseason.

Brutalis
06-10-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm not convinced Scola is worth it. Or that he is any better than Robertas Javtokas.

Kori Ellis
06-10-2006, 05:26 PM
In the new CBA, it changed from 350K to 500K. It's not new news. :)

SPARKY
06-10-2006, 05:35 PM
That's how we tried to get Scola last year but his buyout was still too big so it didn't happen. Now this year I believe it's around 3 million so that .5 million can help out a lot this offseason.

I'm not totally sure it's $3 to 3.5 mil. That's what it was reported to be last season and then it turns out it was $13.5 mil. Of course, his deal ends next summer so if his team wants any compensation for him leaving they might adjust that buyout downward. Then again, as great as has been the disparity between what has been reported about Scola's contract and reality, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Scola is really under contract with Tau until the summer of 2036.

waly.mg
06-12-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm not convinced Scola is worth it. Or that he is any better than Robertas Javtokas.

Scola is the Franchise Player of one of the best team in Europe and Javtokas is the one of the best players of the best Team in Lithuania

Scola Vs Javtokas in Euroleague

http://www.euroleague.net/stats/statsPartido.jsp?temporada=E05&jornada=19&partido=206

http://www.euroleague.net/stats/statsPartido.jsp?temporada=E05&jornada=17&partido=190

picnroll
06-12-2006, 10:46 AM
waly.mg who is the better defensive player Scola or Javtokas, and is it close. Question of needs. Scola is probably the best low post offensive player in Europe. Duncan is the best low post offensive player in the world. Scola is better than Javtokas if you need offense from the low post.

waly.mg
06-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Duncan played in The Playoffs as a Center, and Close the games as a Center, he want to Be PF, and he say heīs a PF but heīs a Center of the Team, thatīs the True

No one player in the NBA behind Shaq looks more like a Center than TD and all the Center of the League now are playing like TD

If we want some Help for TD, the Best help is Scola, Javtokas without several minutes canīt be a solution, and Scola in 15-20 Minutes can be a great Help from the Bench

And Finally Check the height of The MIP of the Year, Boris Diaw who was the Starter Center of the Suns, 6ī8" and 215 Lbs and Scola is 1 Inch taller and 15 Pounds more

If Diaw can be a Starter Center of a Playoff team in the NBA, Scola can Too

Scola with his Vertical Jump is al least 5" Taller than Rasho

The TD PF or C discussion is Over, Pop is the Boss, and he must to say to TD then the Best thing for the Team is Him Playing as Center

If Manu often plays form the Bench because is the Best for the Team, so TD can Play as Center Too, because this is the Best for the Team

Manu donīt like plays from the Bench and TD donīt like Plays as Center, so is a Pop Business

picnroll
06-12-2006, 11:15 AM
I see where Garbajosa may want to go to the Suns. Garbajosa is a better defender, shot blocker, possibly better rebounder than Scola and is a very good outside shooter. Kind of a young European Horry. Maybe Spurs should try to sign Garbajosa who has no buyout and trade Scolas right for a long 3.

waly.mg
06-12-2006, 11:33 AM
This can be a Good move

Because Garbajosa is a Very Good player, in a very Good League

In Efficiency heīs 3rd and Scola is First

Scola is 19.1 PPG and Garbajosa 14.9
Scola is 9.71 RB and Garbajosa 5.71
Garbajosa is 1st in Blocks and 2nd in Steals

The Only problem for the Spurs is his FT%, 86.67% in Playoffs

But, all this numbers are in The PO, in the Regular Season Scola have More advantage than in the PO

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 02:33 PM
The Nets own picks 22 and 23 in the first round, but are trying to deal them to move up or package one with a player for a veteran.

they interested in rasho = veteran

Doug Collins
06-13-2006, 02:59 AM
This can be a Good move

Because Garbajosa is a Very Good player, in a very Good League

In Efficiency heīs 3rd and Scola is First

Scola is 19.1 PPG and Garbajosa 14.9
Scola is 9.71 RB and Garbajosa 5.71
Garbajosa is 1st in Blocks and 2nd in Steals

The Only problem for the Spurs is his FT%, 86.67% in Playoffs

But, all this numbers are in The PO, in the Regular Season Scola have More advantage than in the PO

I like Garbajosaīs game a lot and I think he would be a good fit on the Spurs. Watching Scola play I just donīt think his game will work in the nba as a starter, both offensively and defensively. As a sub who gets 15-20 minutes a game against the second string of the opposing team I think he could be good. His lack of athleticism would really hurt him in the nba going against starting units. Just my opinion.