PDA

View Full Version : Suns publicly back fans involved in Johnson skirmish

ducks
06-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Suns publicly back fans involved in Johnson skirmish
Suns publicly back fans involved in Johnson skirmish

PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Suns have officially welcomed back a pair of fans booted for an altercation with the wife of Dallas Mavericks coach Avery Johnson in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals.

In fact, Jose Martinez and Rebecca Kettle will be the Suns' guests at any playoff games next season, said Rick Welts, the team's president and chief operating officer.

Kettle filed a criminal assault complaint against Cassandra Johnson after the incident, contending she was struck on the shoulder. But the couple said in a Suns news release Friday that they were no longer pursuing any charges.

"We really appreciate the attitude and kindness the Suns organization displayed in putting this unfortunate situation behind all of us," the couple said in a statement. "We additionally would like to thank all of the Suns fans that came to our support."

Welts met with the pair at US Airways Center last week.

"Jose and Rebecca are not only great Suns fans, they are thoughtful, articulate, passionate and fun -- just the kind of people that we want in our arena cheering the Suns to victory," he said.

Kettle and Martinez got into an argument with Cassandra Johnson when the coach's wife complained loudly that the pair kept standing up and obstructing her children's view of the game. The argument got so heated that Mavericks owner Mark Cuban tried to calm everyone down.

Kettle and Martinez were ejected because she made an obscene gesture. Police questioned Johnson, who denied striking anyone, and no formal charges were filed.

ducks
06-10-2006, 08:11 PM
why did they drop the charges cuban buying them off.... :lol

clubalien
06-10-2006, 08:18 PM
This and the spurs game. Is it possible to get a life time ban from NBA games.

I thin those players that threw drinks at NBA players and peopel like Ajs wife that start violence like this shoudl have their privlage of going to NBA events taken away

One of these days Ajs wife is going to kill someone and I think we shoudl stop it now espcially since she has a history of this.

angel_luv
06-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Since they were not injured, they probably decided it was not worth the hassle.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-10-2006, 09:11 PM
This and the spurs game. Is it possible to get a life time ban from NBA games.

I thin those players that threw drinks at NBA players and peopel like Ajs wife that start violence like this shoudl have their privlage of going to NBA events taken away

One of these days Ajs wife is going to kill someone and I think we shoudl stop it now espcially since she has a history of this.

When is the last time the ticket guy checked your ID?