PDA

View Full Version : Dish Network Thoughts

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-11-2006, 05:23 PM
What do those of you who have the Dish HD package think of the image quality?

I'm at a crossroads, Comcast has a really good deal trying to get us to switch over here in Dallas, but at the same time they have all of about 8 HD channels, five of which I already get over the air.

Meanwhile, Dish has got a special on their HD packages for 10 months for $29.99, then it goes back up to the regular price of $49.99 a month.

Comcast would be essentially the same price ($49.99), without the discount for 10 months.

I saw Dish has added several new HD channels, they're up to 25 now. How does those look for those of you that have the package?

T Park
06-11-2006, 06:17 PM
No NFL sunday ticket.

IMO that renders them dead to me.

BTW, I had Dish Network before I had Directv, those fuckers are asshole cocksuckers.

Bit of advice Aggie, go with the Directv HD TIVO reciever, its FANTASTIC!!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-11-2006, 08:00 PM
:lol For every person who says Dish sucks ass, I know someone who says the same about DirecTV.

I'm not that concerned about Sunday Ticket. I watched NFL in HD via my antenna and OTA this past season, and still got 5-6 games every Sunday with it, that's enough for me.

I don't need to see Cleveland or Baltimore play that badly.

AlamoSpursFan
06-11-2006, 11:54 PM
I can vouch for T Park's comments on Dish Network. I love DirecTv. Dish sucks ass customer service wise.

As for the HD images, they were great, so maybe that helps you. I haven't upgraded my DirecTv to HD yet, and I'm still using my Dish receiver for over the air HD.

T Park
06-12-2006, 12:08 AM
HD on any system rules all.

HD programming is absolutely fantastic.

T Park
06-12-2006, 12:10 AM
watched NFL in HD via my antenna and OTA this past season, and still got 5-6 games every Sunday with it, that's enough for me.

I don't need to see Cleveland or Baltimore play that badly.

Take out NFL sunday ticket, and Directv is STILL wayyyyy better than Dishnetwork.

Trust me on this aggie.

SequSpur
06-12-2006, 12:17 AM
wtf is wrong with directtv?

except for the heavy rain, there is nothing better in the US.

Nbadan
06-12-2006, 12:23 AM
How do you hook your HD TV to your cable/satellite boxes? HDMI or Color component?

Please_dont_ban_me
06-12-2006, 02:19 AM
The only thing about dish is:

1) I don't get BET with my package ='(
2) Pray it doesn't rain or get too cloudy. Your signal will be shitted upon for anywhere between 15 minutes and all night.

1Parker1
06-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Dish network sucks. God forbid there's any rain or wind outside...It messes up your reception pretty easily.

T Park
06-12-2006, 02:08 PM
1) I don't get BET with my package ='(

Why would you want that racist channel?

Please_dont_ban_me
06-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Why would you want that racist channel?

:lol

Go invent WET, dawg.

But seriously...it's not that great. But I'm tired of MTV, the concept of Music Channels that don't fucknig play music is :madrun.