PDA

View Full Version : Doesnt look good for tonight.

T Park
10-14-2004, 03:03 PM
I just got off the phone with my cousin in St Louis who is going to the game tonight, and he said the weather forecast is not great. Rain all day and all night supposedly.

Let me tell ya, I went to St Louis end of May to watch a three game series with the Pirates, and when they say rain all day in St Louie, it means all day lol.

If this happens the Astros are gonna get a great break.

Meaning, Clemens pitches game 2, and Oswalt game 3.

LOL so obviously all of St Louis is praying for the game to be played tonight.

IcemanCometh
10-14-2004, 04:08 PM
http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_stl_closeradar_medium_usen.jpg

IcemanCometh
10-14-2004, 04:11 PM
Memo to all Cardinals players: watch out for the tarp.

Spurminator
10-14-2004, 04:26 PM
I was hoping it wouldn't rain, because I was excited about the game tonight, but now that you mention the pitching rotation...

Let it rain, baby!!

Jimcs50
10-14-2004, 04:44 PM
I told you TPark. I said there would be a rainout. I am damn good.

Jimcs50
10-14-2004, 05:14 PM
http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_stl_closeradar_medium_usen.jpg

It is not looking any better. :elephant

ShoogarBear
10-14-2004, 06:51 PM
I don't think I've ever said this about a rainout before but:

SWEET!

:elephant :elephant :elephant

T Park
10-14-2004, 06:54 PM
Official word from the stadium PA announcer, the game will be delayed, but it will be played tonight.

Sorry Astro homers.

Jimcs50
10-15-2004, 09:05 AM
What constitutes a rainout???? Fucking game was played in a downpour, it was 40 degrees....it should never have been played.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-15-2004, 10:02 AM
(a) The manager of the home team shall be the sole judge as to whether a game shall be started because of unsuitable weather conditions or the unfit condition of the playing field, except for the second game of a doubleheader. EXCEPTION: Any league may permanently authorize its president to suspend the application of this rule as to that league during the closing weeks of its championship season in order to assure that the championship is decided each year on its merits. When the postponement of, and possible failure to play, a game in the final series of a championship season between any two teams might affect the final standing of any club in the league, the president, on appeal from any league club, may assume the authority granted the home team manager by this rule. (b) The umpire in chief of the first game shall be the sole judge as to whether the second game of a doubleheader shall not be started because of unsuitable weather conditions or the unfit condition of the playing field. (c) The umpire in chief shall be the sole judge as to whether and when play shall be suspended during a game because of unsuitable weather conditions or the unfit condition of the playing field; as to whether and when the play shall be resumed after such suspension; and as to whether and when a game shall be terminated after such suspension. He shall not call the game until at least thirty minutes after he has suspended play. He may continue the suspension as long as he believes there is any chance to resume play. The umpire in chief shall at all times try to complete a game. His authority to resume play following one or more suspensions of as much as thirty minutes each shall be absolute and he shall terminate a game only when there appears to be no possibility of completing it.

Jimcs50
10-15-2004, 10:15 AM
Duh, do you think the St Louis manager would call a rainout? He did not want to face Clemens and Oswalt twice in this series....that sucks, it should have been rescheduled to today.

ShoogarBear
10-15-2004, 10:48 AM
Astros can't really blame their starting pitching. Both Backe and Munro pitched about as well as could be expected from them.

The middle relief just sucks, and their hitters don't take advantage of scoring opportunities like the Cards.

T Park
10-15-2004, 04:33 PM
it was pouring??

If it was pouring Jim, then why the hell wasnt the daimond cam unwatchable.

You could see drizzle to a small rain but not a downpour for christsakes.

Quit whining, if it was the other way around you wouldve praised em and shit, dont give me it. :rolleyes.