PDA

View Full Version : Blowing up the Pacers?

ducks
06-12-2006, 08:05 AM
Blowing up the Pacers?
The hottest rumor to break out of the draft camp in Orlando, Fla., had Indiana looking to break up the ship.
The Pacers reportedly have talked to Toronto about trading Jermaine O’Neal to the Raptors for some sort of package that would include the No. 1 pick. The Pacers, clearly looking to make a fresh start, would then take Morrison.
Indiana may also be talking with the point guard-starved Timberwolves about a Jamaal Tinsley-for-Ricky Davis swap.
http://celtics.bostonherald.com/celtics/view.bg?articleid=143110&format=&page=2

strangeweather
06-12-2006, 11:35 AM
After the playoffs that Anthony Johnson had, Tinsley for Davis would be perfect for the Pacers, especially if they're also trying to ship out Jack. I'll believe they want to blow up the team when I see it.

ducks
06-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Rick Carlisle in his final contract year- no extension?

Pacers coach Rick Carlisle is entering the final year of his four-year contract with no extension likely. He's done a remarkable job in some respects with all the turmoil from suspensions and injuries, but Larry Bird said at the end of the season that Carlisle "probably did lose the team" at times.

Bird also said when he left the Pacers' coaching job after three seasons that three is probably the optimum run for a coach with one group of players. Insiders say Bird privately was lobbying for major moves last summer because he envisioned the fit wouldn't work anymore, but he was persuaded by ownership to endorse the current coaching staff. Now it seems Bird has been vindicated and will have a freer hand to make moves.

Darrin
06-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Stephen Jackson and Ricky Davis. :rolleyes

strangeweather
06-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Stephen Jackson and Ricky Davis. :rolleyes
Previous rumors have them trying to move Jack as well.

NBA Junkie
06-14-2006, 01:06 AM
It's hard to say whether the Pacers should be blown up.

Has there been another team in the league that has been severely crippled by injuries as this team? Think about it, O'Neal and Tinsley have spent numerous trips on the IL. Peja Stojakovic missed the last couple games of the NJ series due to injury. I don't even have to mention all of the troubles this team had due to suspensions after the Artest incident.

Remember, just a few short years ago, the Pacers had the NBA's best record. If anything, they've already been broken up some as key contributors Ron Artest and Al Harrington are no longer on that squad.

If not for the injuries, the Pacers definitely would have enjoyed at least a round or two with home court advantage in the first couple of rounds. Just the fact that the Pacers have even made the playoffs with all of the adversity they've faced is remarkable in itself and proves that Rick Carlisle is a quality head coach in this league.

T Park
06-14-2006, 02:39 AM
if the Pacers want to trade Jackson,

I call them up and say Ginobili Parker Duncan are untradeable.

Who do you want.

polandprzem
06-14-2006, 02:42 AM
if the Pacers want to trade Jackson,

I call them up and say Ginobili Parker Duncan are untradeable.

Who do you want.

Bruce Bowen and Robert Horry.

Deal?