PDA

View Full Version : Finally Getting Rid Of Rasho?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-12-2006, 01:07 PM
According to Hoopsworld.com, the Celtics might consider Rasho for Raef Lafrentz AND Wally Sczczerbiak. Too good? Or just right?

Phenomanul
06-12-2006, 01:08 PM
According to Hoopsworld.com, the Celtics might consider Rasho for Raef Lafrentz AND Wally Sczczerbiak. Too good? Or just right?

Are they expiring contracts? Cause they don't fit into any of our defensive schemes...

MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 01:09 PM
The contracts won't work.

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 01:11 PM
give up a slovenia for a frenchie not worth his contract and a guy who had a taste of bowens shadow kick? no thanks, we dont need to stack on more contracts.

travis2
06-12-2006, 01:12 PM

San Antonio Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Rasho Nesterovic
7-0 C from Slovenia (Foreign)
4.5 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 19.0 minutes
Incoming
Wally Szczerbiak
6-7 SF from Miami-OH
19.0 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.0 apg in 38.0 minutes
Raef LaFrentz
6-11 C from Kansas
7.8 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.4 apg in 24.7 minutes
Change in team outlook: +22.3 ppg, +5.4 rpg, and +4.0 apg.

Boston Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Wally Szczerbiak
6-7 SF from Miami-OH
Raef LaFrentz
6-11 C from Kansas
Incoming
Rasho Nesterovic
Change in team outlook: -22.3 ppg, -5.4 rpg, and -4.0 apg.

Failed Scenario
Due to Boston and San Antonio being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Boston and San Antonio had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did not happen here (only Boston met the condition). This trade does not satisfy the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Extra Stout
06-12-2006, 01:15 PM
My floating shit has more journalistic credibility than Hoopsworld.

ashbeeigh
06-12-2006, 01:16 PM

I was going to say the same thing. Even I don't believe hoopsworld.

kolko
06-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Let’s throw a name out there. Rasho Nesterovic. The San Antonio Spurs have been looking to move him, Rasho himself is practically begging for a trade, and his game would be a welcome addition to the Boston rotation. Rasho has an entire arsenal of offensive skills that have gone to waste in San Antonio because he operates in the same areas that Tim Duncan occupies. The Spurs would likely welcome the outside touch of Raef, as well as the option of having Wally to fill the void when Manu is out with an injury. - Bill Ingram ([email protected])
http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_17582.shtml

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-12-2006, 01:18 PM
give up a slovenia for a frenchie not worth his contract and a guy who had a taste of bowens shadow kick? no thanks, we dont need to stack on more contracts.
:lol I need a video of that kick.

ChumpDumper
06-12-2006, 01:22 PM
A Frenchie?

travis2
06-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Daaaaaaamn...that one is really out there...

Just to get the salaries to work, you'd have to sign Nazr to approximately the salary he had this year, throw in Rasho, Brent, and maybe even Beno...

Winnipeg_Spur
06-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Raef and Wally each have the same number of years as Rasho on their contracts with MORE money so this wouldn't exactly be a salary dump (if it were possible, which it isn't).

In fact, both of those players make so much individually that I don't think you could even trade Rasho for one of them, straight up...

ChumpDumper
06-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Bill Ingram aspires to be Sam Smith's prostate masseur.

zero signal
06-12-2006, 01:26 PM
:lol I need a video of that kick. How about wallpaper?

http://brucebowen.ytmnd.com/ (http://brucebowen.ytmnd.com/)

SlovenianGuy
06-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Rasho + Barry = LaFrentz + Green

Anyone? :elephant

thispego
06-12-2006, 01:33 PM
how is hoopsworld still in operation?>

rayray2k8
06-12-2006, 01:40 PM
How about wallpaper?

http://brucebowen.ytmnd.com/ (http://brucebowen.ytmnd.com/)
:lmao
Funny shit.
You gotta let the thing load btw.

KUMITE baby!! :elephant

MoSpur
06-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Even if it did work ,which it doesn't, I would say no thanks to that deal. I would love Gerald Green on this team though.

ChumpDumper
06-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Wally and Raef will make about $22 million combined next season.

Rasho will make $7.3 million.

Bill's numbers seem to be a little off.

FromWayDowntown
06-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Looks to me like Bill is just trying to off-load a couple of horrendous contracts for one pretty bad contract and assuming that the Spurs would be interested in participating in his scheme. I can't imagine that either LaFrentz or Szczerbiak have anything that would interest the Spurs from a basketball standpoint and I don't imagine that the desire to off-load Rasho is so great that the Spurs would hurt the actual basketball team to get it done.

velik_m
06-12-2006, 01:55 PM
why is anyone even checking hoopsworld? did they ever get anything right?

MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 01:55 PM
:lmao

ChumpDumper
06-12-2006, 01:56 PM
I don't imagine that the desire to off-load Rasho is so great that the Spurs would hurt the actual basketball team to get it done.Ehhh....

spurschick
06-12-2006, 01:57 PM

That is sig worthy.

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 02:06 PM
i prefer they give us al jefferson hahaha

thispego
06-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Looks to me like Bill is just trying to off-load a couple of horrendous contracts for one pretty bad contract and assuming that the Spurs would be interested in participating in his scheme. I can't imagine that either LaFrentz or Szczerbiak have anything that would interest the Spurs from a basketball standpoint and I don't imagine that the desire to off-load Rasho is so great that the Spurs would hurt the actual basketball team to get it done.
fwdt, im not sure what you mean by this

SsKSpurs21
06-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Rasho + Barry = LaFrentz + Green

sign me up for that trade, but i doubt boston will trade green. he is their young stud.

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 02:25 PM
doesnt the guy have an attitude problem?

angel_luv
No comment.

angel_luv
Oh wait! That is one. Darn it! :lol

Ocotillo
Sounds like an internet guy just floating ideas like anyone of us. If he wants to play though, any chance Boston wants to talk about Kedrick Perkins?

FromWayDowntown
06-12-2006, 02:33 PM
fwdt, im not sure what you mean by this

I mean that I don't think the Spurs will make any deal to send out Rasho just to make a deal to send out Rasho. I might be wrong. But I don't see how either LaFrentz or Szczerbiak help the Spurs at all -- in fact, I think they would hurt the Spurs more than keeping Rasho would.

I'm not saying that the Spurs are going to seek value-for-value in a deal that sends out Rasho's contract. That should be evident from the fact that they were apparently willing to take Tariq Abdul-Wahad in a deal at one point. But the appeal of a deal for Abdul-Wahad is that he had a contract that was better than Rasho's and you could sit him to the side without compromising the integrity of your team -- he'd be similar to the Spurs, from a basketball standpoint, to someone like Ron Mercer. If you acquire Szczerbiak and LaFrentz, you're almost compelled to play them, and even with a revised philosophical approach from the Spurs, neither of those guys are likely to be terribly helpful to winning a championship.

My thought is that Bill (the author of the article) is brainstorming ways to give up those 2 bad contracts now and is, in essence, saying he's willing to take someone else's problem to do it.

thispego
06-12-2006, 02:55 PM
I mean that I don't think the Spurs will make any deal to send out Rasho just to make a deal to send out Rasho. I might be wrong. But I don't see how either LaFrentz or Szczerbiak help the Spurs at all -- in fact, I think they would hurt the Spurs more than keeping Rasho would.

I'm not saying that the Spurs are going to seek value-for-value in a deal that sends out Rasho's contract. That should be evident from the fact that they were apparently willing to take Tariq Abdul-Wahad in a deal at one point. But the appeal of a deal for Abdul-Wahad is that he had a contract that was better than Rasho's and you could sit him to the side without compromising the integrity of your team -- he'd be similar to the Spurs, from a basketball standpoint, to someone like Ron Mercer. If you acquire Szczerbiak and LaFrentz, you're almost compelled to play them, and even with a revised philosophical approach from the Spurs, neither of those guys are likely to be terribly helpful to winning a championship.

My thought is that Bill (the author of the article) is brainstorming ways to give up those 2 bad contracts now and is, in essence, saying he's willing to take someone else's problem to do it.
thats what i thought you meant. Rasho isnt the detriment to our team that many make him out to be. We could get exactly what we need for rasho if the terms were right

loveforthegame
06-12-2006, 03:14 PM
It has to be one of those guys, not both. We'd have to trade half our team or include one of the big 3 and that's not happening.

Rasho/Barry for LaFrentz (or Szczerbiak)/Allen works.

milkyway21
06-12-2006, 11:25 PM
According to Hoopsworld.com, the Celtics might consider Rasho for Raef Lafrentz AND Wally Sczczerbiak. Too good? Or just right?how about Pierce for Brent & Rasho? we'll keep Nazr. They wanted to get rid of Paul Pierce, didn't they? They wanted KG badly we might as well get another scorer like Pierce.

BTW, it's just fantasy:D i think we can't afford him.

And Rasho? He:D he :D just kiddin' angel_luv :lol

Please_dont_ban_me
06-13-2006, 01:01 AM
Uh, ok?

1) Why would they give up Wally
2) Why do we want a 7 footer who is a spot up 3-point shooter.

Slinkyman
06-13-2006, 01:44 AM
Would anyone consider Lefrentz a derrick mckey type player? i don't think he is but the trade doesn't make alot of since anyway. Maybe Rasho + Barry for Lefrentz and Gomez wouldn't be a bad idea, but if we're taking Raef's huge contract we need one of their young players.

Dominic Toretto
06-13-2006, 09:16 AM
i would slit my wrists for this trade to happen

angel_luv
06-13-2006, 09:48 AM
how about Pierce for Brent & Rasho? we'll keep Nazr. They wanted to get rid of Paul Pierce, didn't they? They wanted KG badly we might as well get another scorer like Pierce.

BTW, it's just fantasy:D i think we can't afford him.

And Rasho? He:D he :D just kiddin' angel_luv :lol

You want to keep Nazr over Rasho? I'll let you off on an insanity plea.

velik_m
06-13-2006, 10:07 AM
i would slit my wrists for this trade to happen

who's stopping you?

texasqb2
06-13-2006, 10:23 AM
You want to keep Nazr over Rasho? I'll let you off on an insanity plea.

If you think Rasho is a better player than Nazr, you need to check into the funny farm ASAP

batman2883
06-13-2006, 10:27 AM
rasho needs to go ill personally pay my next 3 years of salary to get him outta here....

angel_luv
06-13-2006, 10:27 AM
If you think Rasho is a better player than Nazr, you need to check into the funny farm ASAP

I think Rasho sets way better screens and plays much cleaner and focused defense.

Nazr gets more rebounds and on occasion has a very high scoring night, but has really bad butterfingers and gets in other guys' way. It is like he cancels himself out production wise by the disruption he causes.

batman2883
06-13-2006, 10:29 AM
I think Rasho should get traded.
I totally agree with you Luvie!!

angel_luv
06-13-2006, 10:31 AM
I really am a moron. I totally agree with you Luvie!!

Fixed! :)

batman2883
06-13-2006, 10:33 AM
rasho needs to go i wish we had malik rose back over rasho.......

ZStomp
06-13-2006, 07:43 PM

One could only wish.

Sigh.

milkyway21
06-13-2006, 11:44 PM
You want to keep Nazr over Rasho? I'll let you off on an insanity plea.:lmao :lmao

they want Rasho not Nazr. we have to keep 1 center.

it's pure fantasy, no worries angel :D
PEACE!

:wakeup

furry_spurry
06-13-2006, 11:49 PM
Wally and Raef each make too much INDIVIDUALLY even to trade Rasho for ONE of them- yet alone both.

Outgoing
Rasho Nesterovic
Incoming
Wally Szczerbiak
6-7 SF from Miami-OH
Change in team outlook: +14.5 ppg, +0.4 rpg, and +2.6 apg.

Boston Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Wally Szczerbiak
6-7 SF from Miami-OH
Incoming
Rasho Nesterovic
Change in team outlook: -14.5 ppg, -0.4 rpg, and -2.6 apg.

Failed Scenario
Due to Boston and San Antonio being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Boston and San Antonio had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did not happen here (only Boston met the condition). This trade does not satisfy the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Outgoing
Rasho Nesterovic
Incoming
Raef LaFrentz
6-11 C from Kansas
Change in team outlook: +3.3 ppg, +1.1 rpg, and +1.0 apg.

Boston Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Raef LaFrentz
6-11 C from Kansas
Incoming
Rasho Nesterovic
Change in team outlook: -3.3 ppg, -1.1 rpg, and -1.0 apg.

Failed Scenario

NBA Junkie
06-14-2006, 03:22 AM
If I were the Timberwolves GM, I'd be risky enough to give you guys Marko Jaric and Eddie Griffin for Rasho and Beno Udrih. Under the salary cap rules, this trade would work.

Rasho and KG played very well together in '03 before he left for SA. However, I think there was some off the court friction between the two. Udrih definitely would see a lot of minutes in Minny as the team is in dire need of young PG's especially if Marcus Banks leaves.

If anybody could get anything out of Griffin and Jaric, I'm sure Pop can.

Taking it to the Hole
06-14-2006, 09:41 AM
It's really sad to say, I don't even know who has more trade value, Rasho and Beno or Griffin and Jaric?

Texas_Ranger
06-14-2006, 10:02 AM
First they need to trade Nazr and not Rasho.

SlovenianGuy
06-14-2006, 02:34 PM
There's no need to trade Nazr. He's already gone.

milkyway21
06-14-2006, 08:43 PM
If I were the Timberwolves GM, I'd be risky enough to give you guys Marko Jaric and Eddie Griffin for Rasho and Beno Udrih. Under the salary cap rules, this trade would work.

Rasho and KG played very well together in '03 before he left for SA. However, I think there was some off the court friction between the two. Udrih definitely would see a lot of minutes in Minny as the team is in dire need of young PG's especially if Marcus Banks leaves.

If anybody could get anything out of Griffin and Jaric, I'm sure Pop can.
whoa, Rasho & Beno for E. Griffin and Jaric? what makes you think Jaric is better than Beno? Or E Griffin over Rasho?

Jaric is good but inconsistent. Beno is not really good passer, not yet, but he's a good shooter esp from the arc.

Thanks but no thanks, Minny fan.

Slinkyman
06-14-2006, 08:57 PM
whoa, Rasho & Beno for E. Griffin and Jaric? what makes you think Jaric is better than Beno? Or E Griffin over Rasho?

Jaric is good but inconsistent. Beno is not really good passer, not yet, but he's a good shooter esp from the arc.

Thanks but no thanks, Minny fan.

Jaric is easily better then beno even though he had a bad year in Minny, he's a good defender, gets lots of steals and is 6'7 so he can play one then one position. Beno might be the better shooter but then again Jaric doesn't get the wide open shots spurs shooters get while playing with duncan.

Now Griffin i'm not sure he's better then Rasho but he's more athletic and he does get lots of blocks and has a decent outside jumper but he's still young and raw it seems. That said i have to believe the spurs would jump at this deal since the spurs would get a solid back up PG who could play the 2 and 3 while also getting an athletic big and at the same time dump Rasho's contract.

v2freak
06-15-2006, 12:19 AM
Ah, LaFrentz was born in Iowa. Not a frenchie

ManuTastic
06-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Ah, LaFrentz was born in Iowa. Not a frenchie

And then bolted to Kansas to play his college ball because the Hawkeyes have such a sucky program. Not that I'm bitter.

furry_spurry
06-15-2006, 01:30 PM
at the same time dump Rasho's contract.
for Jaric's 5 year $33M contract.

Slinkyman
06-15-2006, 03:01 PM
for Jaric's 5 year $33M contract.

5 years 33m vs. 3 years 24m

A PG who avg 3.1 rebs last year vs. a center who avg 3.9