PDA

View Full Version : The North American Union versus U.S. Sovereignty

Nbadan
06-12-2006, 02:07 PM
http://www.humaneventsonline.com/images/nafta_map.jpg

Bush Administration Quietly Plans NAFTA Super Highway
by Jerome R. Corsi
Posted Jun 12, 2006

Quietly but systematically, the Bush Administration is advancing the plan to build a huge NAFTA Super Highway, four football-fields-wide, through the heart of the U.S. along Interstate 35, from the Mexican border at Laredo, Tex., to the Canadian border north of Duluth, Minn.

Once complete, the new road will allow containers from the Far East to enter the United States through the Mexican port of Lazaro Cardenas, bypassing the Longshoreman’s Union in the process. The Mexican trucks, without the involvement of the Teamsters Union, will drive on what will be the nation’s most modern highway straight into the heart of America. The Mexican trucks will cross border in FAST lanes, checked only electronically by the new “SENTRI” system. The first customs stop will be a Mexican customs office in Kansas City, their new Smart Port complex, a facility being built for Mexico at a cost of $3 million to the U.S. taxpayers in Kansas City.

As incredible as this plan may seem to some readers, the first Trans-Texas Corridor segment of the NAFTA Super Highway is ready to begin construction next year. Various U.S. government agencies, dozens of state agencies, and scores of private NGOs (non-governmental organizations) have been working behind the scenes to create the NAFTA Super Highway, despite the lack of comment on the plan by President Bush. The American public is largely asleep to this key piece of the coming “North American Union” that government planners in the new trilateral region of United States, Canada and Mexico are about to drive into reality.

--

The details of the NAFTA Super Highway are hidden in plan view. Still, Bush has not given speeches to bring the NAFTA Super Highway plans to the full attention of the American public. Missing in the move toward creating a North American Union is the robust public debate that preceded the decision to form the European Union. All this may be for calculated political reasons on the part of the Bush Administration.

A good reason Bush does not want to secure the border with Mexico may be that the administration is trying to create express lanes for Mexican trucks to bring containers with cheap Far East goods into the heart of the U.S., all without the involvement of any U.S. union workers on the docks or in the trucks

HumanEventsOnline (http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=15497)

President Bush is pursuing a globalist agenda to create a North American Union, effectively erasing our borders with both Mexico and Canada. This was the hidden agenda behind the Bush administration's true open borders policy.

Secretly, the Bush administration is pursuing a policy to expand NAFTA politically, setting the stage for a North American Union designed to encompass the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. What the Bush administration truly wants is the free, unimpeded movement of people across open borders with Mexico and Canada.

President Bush intends to abrogate U.S. sovereignty to the North American Union, a new economic and political entity which the President is quietly forming, much as the European Union has formed.

xrayzebra
06-12-2006, 02:30 PM
I would think you would like this plan as a regressive and liberal.

thispego
06-12-2006, 02:30 PM
what the american public doesnt know, cant hurt them.
I bet the Longshoreman’s Union will fight this till the end & that will be the last we hear from them

fyatuk
06-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Meh, it's globalization. The entire world is moving towards regional super-governments. No big deal. I'd rather be moving the other way towards state sovereignty though.

And I thought they were going to be building up the new/proposed I-69 (or whatever it is that is supposed to go from Brownsville (IIRC) to Houston) to divert traffic from the already overly congested SA-AU corridor (well, and because lobbyists from Houston and other cities along that route wanted to).

The TTC has been in the works in one form or another long before Bush. Even before he was governor here. And it's been ready to "begin construction" forever. Except they keep having to move the line, etc.

Of course, I-35 certainly NEEDS improvements because of NAFTA. But you can't let anyone bypass border security until you know the other countries borders are secure, which I don't see anyone ever trusting Mexico's southern borders.

Oh, and Bush can't give up US sovereignty. The Senate could, but not Bush.

thispego
06-12-2006, 02:44 PM
well, at least drugs will be easier to get

Extra Stout
06-12-2006, 02:47 PM
This sounds like a really good idea. Eventually, the states of Central and South America could be grafted in, and we could have one America super-state. Or, alternately, Oceania, if we also include Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands. The EU eventually could grow into the superstate Eurasia, and the Far East could coalesce into Eastasia.

xrayzebra
06-12-2006, 02:51 PM
^^Oh-boy. :lol

Extra Stout
06-12-2006, 02:54 PM
^^Oh-boy. :lol
What would be in Nbadan's Room 101?

xrayzebra
06-12-2006, 03:03 PM
I give up, what would be in Nbadan's room 101?

Extra Stout
06-12-2006, 03:13 PM
I give up, what would be in Nbadan's room 101?
Brainstorm some ideas.

thispego
06-12-2006, 03:20 PM
:lmao :lamo :lmao

xrayzebra
06-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Brainstorm some ideas.

Maybe his pecker?

His tinfoil hat?

His Reynolds tinfoil roll?

The dimm-o-crap's jackass?

His secret plan for solving all the woes of the world?

His immigration plan?

Forecasting instruments?

smeagol
06-12-2006, 09:04 PM
I like this idea.

It will help develop poor countries.

Extra Stout
06-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Maybe his pecker?

His tinfoil hat?

His Reynolds tinfoil roll?

The dimm-o-crap's jackass?

His secret plan for solving all the woes of the world?

His immigration plan?

Forecasting instruments?
Have you read the book 1984 ?

FromWayDowntown
06-12-2006, 09:19 PM
This sounds like a really good idea. Eventually, the states of Central and South America could be grafted in, and we could have one America super-state. Or, alternately, Oceania, if we also include Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands. The EU eventually could grow into the superstate Eurasia, and the Far East could coalesce into Eastasia.

Such an occurrence might inspire me (or someone else) to change my name to Winston.

scott
06-12-2006, 09:43 PM
This is perhaps the best idea the Bush administration has ever had, and not too unlike what I described in one of the threads about immigration.

Free trade applies to goods and labor alike.

Nbadan
06-13-2006, 05:26 AM
http://www.texastollparty.com/gfx/map_corridor.jpg

The singular focus of the Corridor plan is to generate revenue. It intentionally bypasses urban centers. Those metropolitan areas are left to deal with their own traffic and mobility problems, including access to the Corridor. Perry's plan allows private land to be taken away from its current owner to lease it for commercial, industrial or agricultural purpose.

Gov. Rick Perry has had secret negations with a company from Spain, Cintra, to hold a 70 year concession for a portion of the Corridor. Perry and Cintra/Zachery withheld the agreement from the public, claiming it included proprietary information, even though taxpayer dollars to the tune of $3.5 million is going to Cintra's partner, Zachry, for planning.

Attorney General Greg Abbott rendered an opinion in June, 2005 that states the documents are public record, after the Houston Chronicle and other newspapers around Texas were refused when they asked to see the deal.

Cintra/Zachry and TxDOT filed a lawsuit against the AG in July, 2005 to keep the secret a secret.

The state will take 1/2 million acres, including the richest farm land in Texas called "The Blacklands".

Texas Toll Party (http://www.texastollparty.com/ttp_trans_texas.php)

Nbadan
06-22-2006, 08:18 PM
All hail the North American Union - the new world order...

North American Union Would Trump U.S. Supreme Court
by Jerome R. Corsi
Posted Jun 19, 2006

The Bush Administration is pushing to create a North American Union out of the work on-going in the Department of Commerce under the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America in the NAFTA office headed by Geri Word. A key part of the plan is to expand the NAFTA tribunals into a North American Union court system that would have supremacy over all U.S. law, even over the U.S. Supreme Court, in any matter related to the trilateral political and economic integration of the United States, Canada and Mexico.

Right now, Chapter 11 of the NAFTA agreement allows a private NAFTA foreign investor to sue the U.S. government if the investor believes a state or federal law damages the investor’s NAFTA business.

Under Chapter 11, NAFTA establishes a tribunal that conducts a behind closed-doors “trial” to decide the case according to the legal principals established by either the World Bank’s International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes or the UN’s Commission for International Trade Law. If the decision is adverse to the U.S., the NAFTA tribunal can impose its decision as final, trumping U.S. law, even as decided by the U.S. Supreme Court. U.S. laws can be effectively overturned and the NAFTA Chapter 11 tribunal can impose millions or billions of dollars in fines on the U.S. government, to be paid ultimately by the U.S. taxpayer.h ****American Union Would Trump U.S. Supreme Court****

Human Events Online (http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=15623)

This isn't a wingnut versus moonbat issue, it's a globalist versus the rest of us issue.

scott
06-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Because... globalization is bad?

scott
06-23-2006, 05:22 PM
You are right, we should wait until after the logistics are needed - because 1604 is a great model.

xrayzebra
06-24-2006, 09:15 AM
globalization's not bad

but it's fucking stupid to try to anticipate transportation needs (and MODES) 50 years ahead of time when it's a multi-billion dollar project they want to undertake immediately

damn they're ready to start scooping dirt on this badboy, as soon as the redtape clears.

Guess Eisenhower screwed up with the Interstate system. He proposed it
over 50 years ago.

And globalization will not work. Look at Spain, Iraq even Canada. Groups
want their own little cut of the pie. Look at the U.N. Some thought
they would become a world government. And some in the UN still try
to make it a world government. People wont stand for it. I know I
wouldn't.

Nesterofish
06-24-2006, 01:44 PM
You are right, we should wait until after the logistics are needed - because 1604 is a great model.
I thought it was great NOT to build a 410/281 interchange, then wait until it all gets developed and the land is super-expensive, and THEN to build a 410/281 interchange.