PDA

View Full Version : how many of you got your 'Fendi' shit from Wal-Mart?

atxrocker
06-12-2006, 02:48 PM
:lol :lol

Fendi sues Wal-Mart over fake handbags

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Italian fashion group Fendi S.R.L. sued Wal-Mart Stores in U.S. federal court on Friday, accusing the world's largest retailer of selling counterfeit handbags and passing them off as genuine at its Sam's Club warehouse stores.

Sam's Club stores in California, New York, Florida and other states sold knock off handbags, wallets and key chains that were identified as "genuine" Fendi products, according to the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Manhattan

The suit by Fendi said that Wal-Mart has never purchased its products and never asked Fendi if any of the items bearing its trademark were genuine.

Fendi products are typically sold at high-end department stores like Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue in the United States and Fendi boutiques all over the world.

Wal-Mart said late on Friday that it had not seen the complaint and therefore could not comment.

In one example cited in the lawsuit, a black handbag bearing Fendi's trademark logo was offered for sale in a Sam's Club store in Miami for $508.25, 45 percent less than the retail price of $930 for a genuine Fendi bag.

Fendi, a unit of French luxury goods maker LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton said in the suit that Wal-Mart has made millions of dollars selling the counterfeit goods.

Fendi is seeking unspecified damages and asked that the handbags and other illegal Fendi merchandise be destroyed.

Wal-Mart is based in Bentonville, Ark.

Sam's Club stores, which sell everything from bulk groceries to office supplies, recently said it would ratchet up competition with rival Costco Wholesale by selling more luxury goods like fine wines and diamonds.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.asp?Feed=OBR&Date=20060610&ID=5786572&GT1=8281

Gatita
06-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Never seen them there and wouldn't expect to.

Melmart1
06-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Gotdamn. I guess Wal-Mart is so huge now that they think they can get away with anything. Why do they always get a pass on this shit? Illegal workers, forcing employees to work off the clock, now selling cheap knockoffs.

And to answer your question, no. I do not buy my fake knockoff bags from Sam's. They don't sell Coach knockoffs. I get them at the flea market like every other self-respecting, fake-carrying Mexican.

SpursWoman
06-12-2006, 02:51 PM
I wouldn't trust buying a Fendi bag at Sam's ... obviously for good reason. :fro

katyon6th
06-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Whoever bought a Fendi purse at Sam's and thought it was real is an idiot.

atxrocker
06-12-2006, 02:53 PM
I get them at the flea market like every other self-respecting, fake-carrying Mexican.

:tu

Old School Chic
06-12-2006, 02:56 PM
I remember the Dooney craze back in the early 90's

Flea markets in SA were selling them like hot bread right out of the oven...

SpursWoman
06-12-2006, 02:58 PM
And all of this time I've been going to Dillards for my D&B. :fro

pache100
06-12-2006, 03:02 PM
I got a purse from Walmart. But it says "S Collection" on it. :lol Whatever that means. I don't have to have the expensive label stuff, as long as it holds my money, that's ok with me. And, I'm so hard on purses, I tear up the expensive ones just as fast as the cheap ones. In fact, the magnetic button on the pocket where I keep my government ID broke over the weekend. I glued it back with super glue. :spin

ObiwanGinobili
06-12-2006, 03:02 PM
And to answer your question, no. I do not buy my fake knockoff bags from Sam's. They don't sell Coach knockoffs. I get them at the flea market like every other self-respecting, fake-carrying Mexican.

amen sister , amen.

same place i buy my contacts.

thispego
06-12-2006, 03:09 PM
I dont know katy, they were still $508, they probably just thought they were getting a good deal

katyon6th
06-12-2006, 03:11 PM
I dont know katy, they were still $508, they probably just thought they were getting a good deal

Well shit, I missed that part.

They're still idiots, though.

1Parker1
06-12-2006, 03:13 PM

:lol No joke, especially for $300+

SpursWoman
06-12-2006, 03:19 PM

You don't get a real $900+ Fendi bag anywhere that *cheap*, unless you're buying a used one off of ebay.

It's like finding a 2007 Ferrari for $9,995. It just doesn't happen. :lol

1Parker1
06-12-2006, 03:34 PM
It's like finding a 2007 Ferrari for $9,995. It just doesn't happen

:lol

Excellent analogy for our male friends of the forum, SW. :tu