PDA

View Full Version : Funny NBA Quotes

BALLAHOLLIC
06-12-2006, 07:48 PM
If I weren't earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming.
--Charles Barkley

"I speak a little Spanish, so I'm able to communicate."
- Marcus Camby, on communicating with teammate Nene Hilario, who speaks Portuguese and not Spanish.

"Because they don't have four pointers."
- Antoine Walker, on why he shoots so many three pointers

"The best day of my life was when I turned 25. That's the day my car insurance went down. Yeah, boy, I saved $1,200 that day."
- Stephen Jackson

"After being treated for a kidney stone, Lakers coach Phil Jackson said "When the anesthesiologist leaned over me, he said "We named your kidney stone Kobe because it's not passing." "

"Every year, when I'm with a new team, that's one less team that doesn't know that I can't play. There are 5,000 players in America better than me that aren't in the NBA."
- Mark Pope, Denver Nuggets.

"I don't care about that sucker anymore. He's a ball hog and becoming a cancer to this team. ... Just kidding. I wanted to see if you were awake."
- Darius Miles, on his friendship with LeBron.

"That didn't bother me. I am not going to worry about a guy trying to be tough with a pink tie on."
- Ben Wallace, on the injured Marcus Fizer acting like he was going to come off the Bulls bench and fight.

"My biggest thrill came the night Elgin Baylor and I combined for 73 points at Madison Square Garden. Elgin had 71 of them."
- Hot Rod Rundley

Charles Barkley: "To win a championship you shouldn't think so much about having home court advantage."

Mike Bibby: "How would you know?"

"We're just playing basketball. It's not like we're going out to have unprotected sex with Magic."
- Barkley

I've been dunked on by (Vitaly) Potapenko and now (Zan) Tabak. The good part is that they don't make posters of those guys." -
-Walt Williams

"I didn't even know Elvis was from Memphis, I thought he was from Tennessee"
- Drew Gooden

If the NBA were on channel 5 and a bunch of frogs making love were on channel 4, I'd watch the frogs, even if they were coming in fuzzy". - Bobby Knight

"You got to believe in yourself. Hell, I believe I'm the best-looking guy in the world & I might be right. " -Charles Barkley

Ref Joey Crawford calling a foul on Stokjo Vrankovic (LAC): "Loose ball foul on whatever the hell his name is."

Charles Barkley on his thoughts about retiring before the season: "I
remember sitting down with the Rockets and saying, 'Yeah. I'm going to
retire.' They said, 'Well, we'll give you $9 million.' And I said, 'You got a pen on you?'"

Charles Barkley (Hou) at the start of the press conference following
his career ending injury where he ruptured the quadriceps tendon in his
left knee in the Phi-Hou game: "Well guys, I guess that sex is definitely
out of the question tonight."

Mikki Moore [unintentionally explaining Detroit's troubles this season]:
"We have to play hard for the full 40 minutes." Informed a game goes for 48 minutes: "48? Oh, that's right. 12-minute quarters."

Charles Barkley on teammate Cuttino Mobley: "He's instant offense, on
both ends of the floor, I might add."

"No, we smoked it all up." -- Rasheed Wallace, to the police officer that pulled him over, when he was asked if there was any more marijuana in the car.

MY FAVORITE:
"We try to treat the road like it's a home game. We ain't got no fans at home, neither."
- Dion Glover in his Atlanta Hawk days

Rip-Hamilton32
06-12-2006, 08:33 PM
lol..those are great

Burn531
06-12-2006, 08:58 PM
I like this one: Charles Barkley on teammate Cuttino Mobley: "He's instant offense, on
both ends of the floor, I might add." :lol

strangeweather
06-12-2006, 09:36 PM
"My game is like the Pythagorean theorem, it can't be solved."
-- Shaquille O'Neal

PaceMonster
06-13-2006, 08:08 AM
^^ i love that

themvp
06-13-2006, 08:24 AM
:lol @ Charles Barkley and Rasheed