PDA

View Full Version : HOw did you find Kori Ellis?

Zombie
06-12-2006, 08:59 PM
lets hear the stories! :smokin

Melmart1
06-12-2006, 09:00 PM
I didn't realize she was lost.

Johnny_Blaze_47
"She's always in the last place you look."

:lol

MannyIsGod
I didn't land on Kori Ellis, Kori Ellis landed on me.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-12-2006, 09:01 PM
She once was lost, but now is found.

Zombie
06-12-2006, 09:02 PM
I didn't land on Kori Ellis, Kori Ellis landed on me.
I was there! :lol

Das Texan
06-12-2006, 09:13 PM
I remember when KoriDuncan was still lost and wandering around like a lost soul.

Zombie
06-12-2006, 09:17 PM
I remember when KoriDuncan was still lost and wandering around like a lost soul.
that was her name, i've been racking my brain trying to remember.

Kori Ellis
06-12-2006, 09:34 PM
I think I met Manny on a basketball court.

I think I met Zombie in a chatroom and he called me names. :lol

Das Texan
06-12-2006, 09:37 PM
i think i met kori and then she made me drink tequila from the bottle.

angel_luv
06-12-2006, 09:37 PM
In the fall of 2004, I was stll faily new to the chat. Kori came in, I think, after a game.

I instantly recognized her name from an article of hers that I had enjoyed, so I asked if she was the real Kori Ellis.
(I wanted to be sure I was meeting the Kori Ellis- the one whose work I had read not some imposter using her name as a nick.)

Kori responded with something to the effect of , " I think so. :lol" and that was about the extent of our conversation. I was in awe of the Kori Ellis and pretty much just read from that point on.

I met Kori in person during the first round of the West Finals at Goombah's last year.

At that point I still only knew of Kori by name.
I had just started posting on the forum, which I had learned about through the chat.

I remember being so nervous/ excited while waiting to meet Kori and then, after I had, feeling right at ease because she was so nice.

That day I asked Kori all sorts of questions ( probably too many :lol) about her job but Kori answered all of them. I thought she was fascinating ( still do. :)

Everyone at the GTG's were all so funny an so nice to me. I had the best time and couldn't wait to go back for the next one. I did and the rest is history. :)

Side note:My funniest memory from that first GTG- I was the first one there. :lol

angel_luv
06-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Haha. I was the only one so far to answer the question. :oops :lol

Zombie
06-12-2006, 09:38 PM
I think I met Manny on a basketball court.

I think I met Zombie in a chatroom and he called me names. :lol
I have never called anyone a name in my life! :lol

Das Texan
06-12-2006, 09:42 PM
here is what totally amazes me about kori....

she remembers everyone. or so it seems.

midgetonadonkey
06-12-2006, 09:43 PM
When I met Kori I found her quite pleasant.

Kori Ellis
06-12-2006, 09:45 PM
i think i met kori and then she made me drink tequila from the bottle.

:lol Very true.

katyon6th
06-12-2006, 09:47 PM
I met Kori through this board, naturally.

The first time I actually met her was last November at an Iceman's GTG. The margaritas were super strong and I do believe most of us got drunk together. It was great. Kori was very inviting, cheerful, and loud -- loved it.

katyon6th
06-12-2006, 09:48 PM
I got drunk at my 1st GTG. How fitting.

Kori Ellis
In the fall of 2004, I was stll faily new to the chat. Kori came in, I think, after a game.

I instantly recognized her name from an article of hers that I had enjoyed, so I asked if she was the real Kori Ellis.
(I wanted to be sure I was meeting the Kori Ellis- the one whose work I had read not some imposter using her name as a nick.)

Kori responded with something to the effect of , " I think so. :lol" and that was about the extent of our conversation. I was in awe of the Kori Ellis and pretty much just read from that point on.

I met Kori in person during the first round of the West Finals at Goombah's last year.

At that point I still only knew of Kori by name.
I had just started posting on the forum, which I had learned about through the chat.

I remember being so nervous/ excited while waiting to meet Kori and then, after I had, feeling right at ease because she was so nice.

That day I asked Kori all sorts of questions ( probably too many :lol) about her job but Kori answered all of them. I thought she was fascinating ( still do. :)

Everyone at the GTG's were all so funny an so nice to me. I had the best time and couldn't wait to go back for the next one. I did and the rest is history. :)

Side note:My funniest memory from that first GTG- I was the first one there. :lol

That's a nice story, Angel.

I remember you asked me a lot of questions. I didn't mind at all.

Johnny_Blaze_47
I got drunk at my 1st GTG. How fitting.

Lush.

Das Texan
06-12-2006, 09:51 PM

I'm gonna ask you a lot of questions next time Kori. Though I'll probably get tired of it after 2 questions.

When is the next GTG, I havent been to one in a while. *forgets there is no basketball games right now and doesnt care*

katyon6th
06-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Lush.

You can't call me names like that, Joe. You jerk!

angel_luv
06-12-2006, 09:57 PM

I'm glad. I couldn't/ didn't want to help it. You were really interesting. :)

smeagol
06-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Who's this Kori Ellis everybody keeps talking about?

E20
06-12-2006, 10:10 PM
My Freshmen year in Highschool I had a photo class and the teacher was cool about letting people use the computers. So, what I did was go onto http://www.spurs.com and read MySA Articles as well as SpursReport. At the end of each SpurReport article it had a link to FullSportsPress forums. I lurked on there for a couple of weeks and then signed up.

exstatic
06-12-2006, 10:15 PM
I met Kori on the old mysa.com boards in '99. I remember at one point we were going to do a lunch GTG at Landry's downtown, but she couldn't fly in because someone stole her purse at LAX. Cosmic Cowboy bought me lunch, so it was all good. It's always amazing to me how many of the mysa crowd is still here.

I actually met Kori in person a couple of years later at our GTG at the RiverCenter Champions restaurant and bar (2001?). I became aware of her propensity to buy huge trays of shots of tequila and pass them around. :lol

If you've never met Kori in person, you need to get your ass to SA for a weekend GTG sometime. She and LJ are generous hosts who open up their house to a bunch of drunks who ruin their carpet, and they don't usually care unless you projectile vomit UNDER one of their beds (true story :lol). Finals game 5 last year and WCF game 6 this year were OFF THE FUCKING CHAIN.

angel_luv
06-12-2006, 10:20 PM
They did rock! :)

MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 10:33 PM
I can't remember if the first time I met Kori was on the court (when I first met LJ, Kris, and Patrick Davis) or if the first time I met her was when I sold her health insurance. :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-12-2006, 10:38 PM
You can't call me names like that, Joe. You jerk!

Um, I just did.

baseline bum
06-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Man, I remember Kori Ellis back when she was Kori Duncan. Her GTGs in LA ruled. I think the first time I met Kori was when she was having a GTG at her house for the Spurs-Mavericks game in 2002 when Tim stuck the game-winner right in Dirk's face with like 1.5 seconds left. I remember telling everyone it was going to OT because Pop was drawing up the play. :lol

I think Kori, Dusty, Russ, Oscar, and Sean were there.... can't remember the rest...

I also remember Don Nelson was a moron and wasted all his timeouts, so Nick Van Exel had to put up a deseperation shot from half-court after Tim's game-winner.

scott
06-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Kori and I used to backpack through the Andes every summer back in the 70s. She's got some great Peyote Tea stories!

SpursWoman
06-12-2006, 11:32 PM
I first met Kori in person when she was visiting LJ from LA at his apartment in Lincoln Heights ... where there was a lot of alcohol .... a female who shall remain nameless was screwing her skinny boyfriend all over the place, and mouse swiping some panties out of the bedroom.

I left my bottle of baby powder there somewhere. :spin

Buddy Holly
06-12-2006, 11:59 PM
Back when she had the surname Duncan.

Solid D
06-13-2006, 12:45 AM
I found her to be quite patient.

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2006, 12:51 AM
I don't know, but every time I go to her house I hit that damn light fixture.

jman3000
06-13-2006, 01:00 AM
A little over a month ago at the game 5 gtg :spin

T Park
06-13-2006, 01:44 AM
Met her at Champs Sports Grill the night before the start of the 01 02 playoffs against Seattle.

Me DizzG, TIMVP, and others that I can't remember at this time, were all there.

We took a picture of some dude sleeping with a bottle of beer shaped like a bowling pin near his mouth

Every GTG since then has been fantastic.

LJ Kris and Kori are some of the coolest peeps on the face of the earth.

I also like Kori's courtesy laugh she gives to peeps at GTGs who try to be funny.

One of the best people you'll ever meet. If you haven't been to a GTG, then the next schedualed one, you NEED to be AT. PERIOD.

THE SIXTH MAN
06-13-2006, 02:13 AM
I just heard of Kori not to long ago, a little bit after the first round against the kings started. I watch woai alot and heard about the playoff blogs, so I checked it out. A lot of the blogs where Kori's so I saw the link to Spurs talk and did some lurking(still do), and found out that she has her hand in a lot of projects, and with running this forum. Its crazy to see how a lot of people know each other here, which I feel speaks a lot on how she runs this site. I have yet to meet her but I'm really looking foward to go to a GTG that so many people speak of. I don't want to sound like a brown nose, but I think it speaks volumes when there's not a bad thing a person can say about you.

Kori Ellis
06-13-2006, 04:22 AM
I can't remember if the first time I met Kori was on the court (when I first met LJ, Kris, and Patrick Davis) or if the first time I met her was when I sold her health insurance. :lol

The first time we met was at an outdoor court by 281/Evans.

You told me something like "No offense, but I would never date anyone from the internet" (in relation to me and LJ meeting off the net).

Ahem.. Where'd you meet Jess?

jman3000
06-13-2006, 04:27 AM

You told me something like "No offense, but I would never date anyone from the internet" (in relation to me and LJ meeting off the net).

Memory like a freakin...animal that has a good memory. You might wanna clear these parts. There's a fight brewing and it's not save around here anymore.

timvp
06-13-2006, 04:27 AM
Hmmm...

The first time online I think she was bashing Pop and I was defending Pop. She wanted Pop fired and I was saying how he was the bestest.

First time in person it was at the intersection of Dream Avenue and Fate Boulevard.

:smokin

Kori Ellis
06-13-2006, 04:29 AM
Yeah you sucked up to Pop way too much back in the day.

SA Gunslinger
06-13-2006, 04:35 AM
Never met her in person but I do admire her skill in picking NFL games.

polandprzem
06-13-2006, 06:00 AM
I met Kori Ellis....

well I haven't :depressed

travis2
06-13-2006, 06:36 AM
I met Kori on the old mysa.com boards in '99. I remember at one point we were going to do a lunch GTG at Landry's downtown, but she couldn't fly in because someone stole her purse at LAX. Cosmic Cowboy bought me lunch, so it was all good. It's always amazing to me how many of the mysa crowd is still here.

I actually met Kori in person a couple of years later at our GTG at the RiverCenter Champions restaurant and bar (2001?). I became aware of her propensity to buy huge trays of shots of tequila and pass them around. :lol

If you've never met Kori in person, you need to get your ass to SA for a weekend GTG sometime. She and LJ are generous hosts who open up their house to a bunch of drunks who ruin their carpet, and they don't usually care unless you projectile vomit UNDER one of their beds (true story :lol). Finals game 5 last year and WCF game 6 this year were OFF THE FUCKING CHAIN.

I also met her at the E-N boards. I think she and I joined up right around the same time.

Also missed her at the Landry's GTG due to her stolen purse. That would have been (had it happened) the 1st SA GTG. CosmicCowboy, Noel, and CrazyOne were also on hand. (I think that was March 2001)

Finally met her in person in June 2002, while on a business trip to Northridge (I was taking a short course at CSUN). I don't remember the name of the sushi restaurant, but it was at the Northridge mall. LJ was there too...it was post-engagement but pre-marriage...so I grilled him. :lol No, not really.

travis2
06-13-2006, 06:56 AM

:lmao:lmao

pache100
06-13-2006, 07:55 AM
I've never had the privilege of meeting Kori (or LJ) in person. I used to read on the old mysa boards (never posted there, though), and I remember her from there. I don't remember how I stumbled on this board, but I sure am glad I did.

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2006, 09:07 AM
:lmao

I didn't find Kori, she found me...:lol... We were on the old EN boards in '99. EN finally shut their whole messageboard down because we were so unruly and Mongo kept e-mailing Robert Rivard to make us be nice to him...The freewheeling, smack talking style of that board was the pattern for this one....:lol...Marcus Bryant was "SpursFan" back then and Kori registered as "NewGirl"...I can't believe she actually stayed...SpursFan kept accusing her of being a guy in cyberdrag because no "girl" could know that much about basketball...:lmao

I think I was the only one that believed she was actually a female...She wasn't a Spurs fan then...just a Tim Duncan fan from his Wake Forest days. SpursFan hated her at first because she said David Robinson was "soft"...:lol

Good times...hehehe

Dominic Toretto
06-13-2006, 09:10 AM
one does not find kori ellis, kori ellis finds you

Marcus Bryant
06-13-2006, 09:23 AM

I didn't find Kori, she found me...:lol... We were on the old EN boards in '99. EN finally shut their whole messageboard down because we were so unruly and Mongo kept e-mailing Robert Rivard to make us be nice to him...The freewheeling, smack talking style of that board was the pattern for this one....:lol...Marcus Bryant was "SpursFan" back then and Kori registered as "NewGirl"...I can't believe she actually stayed...SpursFan kept accusing her of being a guy in cyberdrag because no "girl" could know that much about basketball...:lmao

I think I was the only one that believed she was actually a female...She wasn't a Spurs fan then...just a Tim Duncan fan from his Wake Forest days. SpursFan hated her at first because she said David Robinson was "soft"...:lol

Good times...hehehe

Sounds about right. Fate would have it that my favorite poster from E-N and my favorite poster from some other forum would engage in holy matrimony and create the bestest Spurs forum on the internets.

-SF

CrazyOne
06-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Yes, I was a part of the early EN board that got the boot... hence the "MySA rejects" name... The highlight of our day was when Kori logged into the board to announce she had just stepped out of the shower. We were supposed to meet Kori at Landry's like Exstatic said, but she was a no-show.
My wife and I finally met her and LJ when we met for supper at Macaroni Grill. Oh, and I vaguely remember being at her wedding (that day was a wild story all by itself).

Slomo
06-13-2006, 09:51 AM
I was lurking on the old forum for the better parts of the 2003 and 2004 seasons. I started posting in 2004 and immediately made friends in this crazy community (Shelly where are you??????).

During the 2005 rodeo trip I had to go to Vegas for business and I knew a GTG was being held for the Miami game. So I decided to show up. Kori and LJ surprised me by inviting me to stay at their house for the duration of my visit. After re-watching the Texas chainsaw massacre a couple of times I decided there are worse ways to go and accepted their invitation.

For a few days I entertained the idea of showing up at their door step in old worn out clothes, carrying an old delapidated suitcase complemented by 4 or 5 trash bags. Then I would great them with "Hello, me so happy to be here, will you sponsor my green card application?". I'm glad I didn't.

Anyway that's where I met Kori and LJ: on their doorstep.

Just in case I haven't said it before: Thanks for inviting me it was a blast! (that's why you can't get rid of me now :) )

tlongII
06-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Kori was a big-time Laker fan when I met her. She used to go to Lakers games all the time!

DannyT
06-13-2006, 10:19 AM
I was reading Sports News on WOAI.com and came across a link for free spurs tickets....which lead me to this site ... it was Kori asking for a sbo story for tickets....i gave her my story and won two ticks for me and the wifey to go see the heat minus Wade....my first game at the SBC Center and was fun as heck....thanks Kori....

batman2883
06-13-2006, 10:23 AM
slomo is the pimpest of the pimp

Please_dont_ban_me
06-13-2006, 10:48 AM
I knocked on the door.

She opened it.

The rest is history... :elephant

Sportcamper
06-13-2006, 11:16 AM
I read internet sports pages & found message boards by accident, I was too shy to post...I finally posted at MySA.com & these two guys “Travis & Cosmic” were always very mean to me...They hated the Lakers with a passion because the Lakers exposed the *purs for who they really are...An opportunistic organization who have only won titles in strike shorten seasons or when the Lakers were in disarray & rebuilding for their next Real Championship season...(But everyone seemed to laugh when I posted the Trail Blazers latest Rap Sheet...Everyone but tlong...He would get mad & tell us how his traveling all-stars were going to win it all that year!)...NOT!!! :lol

Sometimes Travis is still mean to me... He feels the need to constantly correct my spelling.....Cosmic is not so mean to me because I let him call me when he needs help fixing air-conditioners....He also uses my recipes when he throws a large Texas bar be que...

I also have conversed with some nice people like Kori.,Crazy, Dr. Jim, Hal, Betsy, Helen, Coastal Johnny, Jen, Sara, Mongo, Scotty, Noel...(To name a few)...(Dr. Jim really likes it when I tell Ted Williams jokes)....(Crazy & I keep current & converse about the latest medications on the market)...

Kori always appreciated my superior basket ball knowledge and humility... She has pleaded with me to continue posting at FSP...Because she has tried to make FSP a message board where people could exchange viewpoints without dropping F-Bombs in every sentence....(We will need more Lakers Fans posting here to accomplish that)... :smokin

angel_luv
06-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Kori always appreciated my superior basket ball knowledge and humility... She has pleaded with me to continue posting at FSP...Because she has tried to make FSP a message board where people could exchange viewpoints without dropping F-Bombs in every sentence....(We will need more Lakers Fans posting here to accomplish that)... :smokin

Oh!!!!!!!! You're that really great fiction writer Kori was telling us about!

:) :lol

Taco
06-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Who's Kori Ellis?

travis2
06-13-2006, 11:34 AM
I read internet sports pages & found message boards by accident, I was too shy to post...I finally posted at MySA.com & these two guys “Travis & Cosmic” were always very mean to me...They hated the Lakers with a passion because the Lakers exposed the Spurs for who they really are...An opportunistic organization who have only won titles in strike shortened seasons or when the Lakers were in disarray & rebuilding for their next Real Championship season...(But everyone seemed to laugh when I posted the Trail Blazers latest Rap Sheet...Everyone but tlong...He would get mad & tell us how his traveling all-stars were going to win it all that year!)...NOT!!! :lol

Sometimes Travis is still mean to me... He feels the need to constantly correct my spelling.....Cosmic is not so mean to me because I let him call me when he needs help fixing air-conditioners....He also uses my recipes when he throws a large Texas bar be que...

I also have conversed with some nice people like Kori.,Crazy, Dr. Jim, Hal, Betsy, Helen, Coastal Johnny, Jenn, Sara, Mongo, Scotty, Noel...(To name a few)...(Dr. Jim really likes it when I tell Ted Williams jokes)....(Crazy & I keep current & converse about the latest medications on the market)...

Kori always appreciated my superior basketball knowledge and humility... She has pleaded with me to continue posting at FSP...Because she has tried to make FSP a message board where people could exchange viewpoints without dropping F-Bombs in every sentence....(We will need more Lakers Fans posting here to accomplish that)... :smokin

:lmao:lmao

ashbeeigh
06-13-2006, 12:11 PM
I found this article (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15613&highlight=Beno+playboy) one day when I was looking for things about Beno, it happened to be here. I lurked for way too long..went to the epic Spurs/Mavs game 6 gtg..she gave me pizza and gave my friend something to drink. :D

xrayzebra
06-13-2006, 04:54 PM

Good times...hehehe

Yeah, Cosmic, remember when you used to talk about you stump broke
horses. Back when you talked to the rest of the older folks in "our" little
part of the forum.

I remember Johnny (costal kid) and Carlos Guerrera from the E-N and all
the really good arguments. And Kori talking about flying in to see LJ.
What was the name of the "interm" board we went to before Kori and LJ
got this up and running? Anyone remember sleepy drangon (Scott) I'm
sure Jimcs remembers, he had dinner with him and his wife in Florida.
And Mongo, well, not sure about him from what I heard latter on. What
was her name who had the bad tooth over the weekend and used some
thing that burned the hell out of gums to try and stop the pain.

I never posted much on the spurs part. I like the game, but I am no expert,
but used have some good conversations with the Dr. (JimCS) about golf.
Which reminds me. Jim the Open is coming up want to join us in the
old place and talk about it?
:drunk

xrayzebra
06-13-2006, 04:57 PM
I read internet sports pages & found message boards by accident, I was too shy to post...I finally posted at MySA.com & these two guys “Travis & Cosmic” were always very mean to me...They hated the Lakers with a passion because the Lakers exposed the *purs for who they really are...An opportunistic organization who have only won titles in strike shorten seasons or when the Lakers were in disarray & rebuilding for their next Real Championship season...(But everyone seemed to laugh when I posted the Trail Blazers latest Rap Sheet...Everyone but tlong...He would get mad & tell us how his traveling all-stars were going to win it all that year!)...NOT!!! :lol

I also have conversed with some nice people like Kori.,Crazy, Dr. Jim, Hal, Betsy, Helen, Coastal Johnny, Jen, Sara, Mongo, Scotty, Noel...(To name a few)...(Dr. Jim really likes it when I tell Ted Williams jokes)....(Crazy & I keep current & converse about the latest medications on the market)...

Aughhhhhh, Jimbo, you remembered. Thank you.
Hey is Shaq going to do his thing tonight? You know what we talked
about.......mumble....broken, this and that........LOL

Das Texan
06-13-2006, 04:59 PM
I was lurking on the old forum for the better parts of the 2003 and 2004 seasons. I started posting in 2004 and immediately made friends in this crazy community (Shelly where are you??????).

During the 2005 rodeo trip I had to go to Vegas for business and I knew a GTG was being held for the Miami game. So I decided to show up. Kori and LJ surprised me by inviting me to stay at their house for the duration of my visit. After re-watching the Texas chainsaw massacre a couple of times I decided there are worse ways to go and accepted their invitation.

For a few days I entertained the idea of showing up at their door step in old worn out clothes, carrying an old delapidated suitcase complemented by 4 or 5 trash bags. Then I would great them with "Hello, me so happy to be here, will you sponsor my green card application?". I'm glad I didn't.

Anyway that's where I met Kori and LJ: on their doorstep.

Just in case I haven't said it before: Thanks for inviting me it was a blast! (that's why you can't get rid of me now :) )

i meet slomo at that GTG. Slomo good folk.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Actually...

I got banned from Spursreport.

Then I got banned at cowboys forum.

I was bitching about it to my cousins, and one of them told me about this site that is more laid back. All he said was 'check out spurstalk.com'. So I did...and found a whole bunch of ex-SpursReport people. And it had decent traffic, so now I'm here to stay. Love me, love me, say that you love me!

Fabbs
06-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Kori was a big-time Laker fan when I met her. She used to go to Lakers games all the time!

Yet further evidence and fine testimony that Lakerism can be cured, it need not be fatal or a lifelong malady.

Kori Ellis
06-13-2006, 05:09 PM
I was never a big time Laker fan. But I did live in L.A. So I went to Lakers and Clippers games a lot. I had 1/2 season tickets of each.

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Yeah, Cosmic, remember when you used to talk about you stump broke
horses. Back when you talked to the rest of the older folks in "our" little
part of the forum.

I remember Johnny (costal kid) and Carlos Guerrera from the E-N and all
the really good arguments. And Kori talking about flying in to see LJ.
What was the name of the "interm" board we went to before Kori and LJ
got this up and running? Anyone remember sleepy drangon (Scott) I'm
sure Jimcs remembers, he had dinner with him and his wife in Florida.
And Mongo, well, not sure about him from what I heard latter on. What
was her name who had the bad tooth over the weekend and used some
thing that burned the hell out of gums to try and stop the pain.

I never posted much on the spurs part. I like the game, but I am no expert,
but used have some good conversations with the Dr. (JimCS) about golf.
Which reminds me. Jim the Open is coming up want to join us in the
old place and talk about it?
:drunk

Allright Hal...don't be given my horses a bad name in here...:lol...they may have a few bad habits but they aren't sexually deviant...

SequSpur
06-13-2006, 11:45 PM
Hmm... Kori is/was my savior.

I used to play on the WOAI forum along time ago 1999, 2000, etc... Don't remember if I knew her then.. My username was DAisJAN.

Then at the sr.com site, I used and abused the other mods and they all hated me but for some reason I kept getting unbanned by Kori, so that's where it started and I showed up to a GTG somewhere and met a few folks, that was in 01 I believe. Don't remember.

That's my story.

kris
06-14-2006, 02:24 AM

:lmao But he didn't say he wouldn't marry anyone from the internet.

Tpark good call on the fake laugh to people that aren't funny. That's true.

kris
06-14-2006, 02:26 AM
Oh and I don't know Kori Ellis anymore. The Kori Ellis I knew wouldn't have retired from fantasy football.

polandprzem
06-14-2006, 02:38 AM
I was never a big time Laker fan. But I did live in L.A. So I went to Lakers and Clippers games a lot. I had 1/2 season tickets of each.

Yup - that's the story you are telling us http://forum.e-basket.pl/emoticons/smart.gif

I "met" her before Spurstalk. Tht's why I have that first spur under my username :)

T Park
06-14-2006, 02:49 AM
Tpark good call on the fake laugh to people that aren't funny

I've experienced it before, so, the old first hand knowledge thing.

Oh and I don't know Kori Ellis anymore. The Kori Ellis I knew wouldn't have retired from fantasy football.

Kori Ellis
06-14-2006, 02:52 AM
It's a sympathic courtesy laugh.

T Park
06-14-2006, 02:53 AM

oh my lord.....

T Park
06-14-2006, 02:54 AM
It's a sympathic courtesy laugh.

ooooo yeah :lol

NASpurs
06-14-2006, 02:59 AM
I'm dim tuncan...not really (whatever that guy's name was... OMG I never laughed so hard when that guy was "lost" over at the forum on the EZBoard and talked to himself.)

I don't know Kori personally but I have seen her around for a looooooooooong time on about three or four boards.

polandprzem
06-14-2006, 03:04 AM
How is that possible that everybody likes or loves Kori Ellis?

Kori Ellis
06-14-2006, 03:05 AM

Oh they don't.

A lot of people don't like me at all.

polandprzem
06-14-2006, 03:10 AM
Oh they don't.

Who are those people ? :cuss :madrun :cuss

T Park
06-14-2006, 03:10 AM

cause shes one of the coolest, most cordial, nicest, funniest people you will ever meet.

And knows a hell of alot about basketball.

That and she knows an NBA pro who could one day score us free swag.

polandprzem
06-14-2006, 03:14 AM
cause shes one of the coolest, most cordial, nicest, funniest people you will ever meet.

And knows a hell of alot about basketball.

That and she knows an NBA pro who could one day score us free swag.

One of the reasons I would like to meet you guys and gals ofcourse.
Kori, LJ, TPark, Shoog, angel_luv, RashoFan, OSC, Solid D, whott, mouse (hehe), patche (is he from SA?), and many more.
I know I'm boring saying that once again cause I think it never happens :depressed

Das Texan
06-14-2006, 07:40 AM
Who are those people ? :cuss :madrun :cuss

Modesto for one I would generally assume.

xcoriate
06-14-2006, 08:31 AM
I lurked for while in 2003-04 before slowly starting to post at the rate of a snail. I have since moved on to post at the rate of a turtle.

I had trouble finding a Spurs board, in fact i never did find SR until much later, I think I found FSP boards off a WOAI link and my life became complete. As someone who lives in a country with little basketball exposure these days it has been my number one way to stay in touch since.

For that I am extremely thankful.

Spurminator
06-14-2006, 09:57 AM
I've never actually met Kori in person, but I follow her around from time to time... watching from afar.....

AlamoSpursFan
06-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Kori and LJ rock for not leaving my drunk ass at the airport when I snuck off to take a badly needed leak behind a dumpster.

1Parker1
06-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Imet Kori in a Wal-Mart in Philly one day. We were both shopping in the lingerie department for bras. :)

tlongII
06-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Imet Kori in a Wal-Mart in Philly one day. We were both shopping in the lingerie department for bras. :)

I think you got Kori and Shoog mixed up...

angel_luv
06-14-2006, 11:45 AM
So for those of us who are unsure :oops, what does a courtesy Kori laugh sound like?

1Parker1
06-14-2006, 12:12 PM
So for those of us who are unsure :oops, what does a courtesy Kori laugh sound like?

:lmao :lmao

SpursWoman
06-14-2006, 12:43 PM

It's unmistakable. She's used it on me a few times, but I see right through it. :depressed

angel_luv
06-14-2006, 12:52 PM
It's unmistakable. She's used it on me a few times, but I see right through it. :depressed

I don't recall Kori having ever used such a laugh with me, but still I am not comforted.

All you have managed to establish for me is that I am either truly funny or pathetically naive.

T Park
06-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Angel, next GTG, hang around me, LJ, and Kris, and you'll hear the courtesy laugh after I say something.

ShoogarBear
06-14-2006, 01:26 PM
I think you got Kori and Shoog mixed up...

I'm very careful that she can't see me when she's bra-shopping.

SpursWoman
06-14-2006, 01:28 PM
Angel, next GTG, hang around me, LJ, and Kris, and you'll hear the courtesy laugh after I say something.

Everyone has gotten at least one of them. At least those of us who think we're funny.

ShoogarBear
06-14-2006, 01:28 PM
I met her when I went to a GTG at some restaurant. There were a group a people sitting in the corner and she was the only one I recognized.

And I get only genuine laughs.

SpursWoman
06-14-2006, 01:54 PM
And I get only genuine laughs.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. :drunk

travis2
06-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Everyone has gotten at least one of them. At least those of us who think we're funny.

Well, I've never gotten one...:angel

when I'm not funny she tells me to my face...

T Park
06-14-2006, 03:20 PM

Thats why when I go to GTGs, I try not to be funny.

SpursWoman
06-14-2006, 03:23 PM

I was teasing!!! :lol

Old School Chic
06-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Oh they don't.

I like you, Kori. You are an awesome woman :spin

Fuck the Kori haters!

Please_dont_ban_me
06-14-2006, 04:12 PM

That must be hard on you, T Park.

Das Texan
06-14-2006, 04:18 PM
I just dont talk at GTGs...therefore I wont get said courtsey laugh from Kori.

Old School Chic
06-14-2006, 04:18 PM
One of the reasons I would like to meet you guys and gals ofcourse.
Kori, LJ, TPark, Shoog, angel_luv, RashoFan, OSC , Solid D, whott, mouse (hehe), patche (is he from SA?), and many more.
I know I'm boring saying that once again cause I think it never happens :depressed

Thanks Poland :spin

polandprzem
06-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks Poland :spin

Thanks.

Italy? :huh

ShoogarBear
06-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Whatever helps you sleep at night. :drunk

Hey, I never get laughs there! Who told you that?

ShoogarBear
06-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks.

Italy? :huh

Meh-hee-co.

Old School Chic
06-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Meh-hee-co.

:lol That's right!

polandprzem
06-14-2006, 04:39 PM

Damn I'm so devastated that I can't even recognize the national flag :(

ShoogarBear
06-14-2006, 04:45 PM
The only reason I know is because they got that buzzard in the middle.

Otherwise, I can't keep any of those three-stripe European flags straight. :lol

polandprzem
06-14-2006, 04:58 PM
The only reason I know is because they got that buzzard in the middle.

Otherwise, I can't keep any of those three-stripe European flags straight. :lol

Come on Shoog. I thought you were well educated :)

ShoogarBear
06-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Well-educated in the US means you can name 10 of our state capitals.

Seriously, I always had trouble keeping the colors straight. The cool flags, like Brazil's, I remember.

Trainwreck2100
06-14-2006, 05:37 PM

Seriously, I always had trouble keeping the colors straight. The cool flags, like Brazil's, I remember.

without looking it up
honolulu
ok city
austin
raleigh
tallahasee
sacramento
des moine
juneu
albequerque
carson city

The last two are guesses.

polandprzem
06-14-2006, 05:56 PM

I know but I never expected american to admitt that. :drunk

This was suppose to be topic about Kori.
well Kori always was kind to me on this board. (with few exceptions - but she had her reasons) :angel

exstatic
06-14-2006, 07:29 PM
I know a handful of people that don't. Check that. I thought I knew those peeps. By the way they treated/talked about her when they thought she wouldn't find out, none of them were worth knowing.

I've gotten the courtesy laugh before. I generally just shut up at that point. :lol

jman3000
06-14-2006, 07:31 PM
The worst thing she's ever done to me is tell me to give my pillow to Ashbeigh during the game 5 gtg

:pctoss

but she didn't want it ... sooooo

:elephant

Samurai Jane
06-14-2006, 08:07 PM
I know a handful of people that don't. Check that. I thought I knew those peeps. By the way they treated/talked about her when they thought she wouldn't find out, none of them were worth knowing.

I've gotten the courtesy laugh before. I generally just shut up at that point. :lol

Those people were driven by jealousy and ignorance, stooping to low ball tactics to try and discredit her and yet, Kori is still showing her class by not stooping to their level, even rising above it all!

Now that I think about it, I think I've gotten the courtesy laugh too.. :depressed :spin

Online: It was a few days after 9/11 happened and I was looking for a place to vent my frustration, anger, sadness, and I stumbled across the MySA boards. I noted that the Spurs threads had more posts in one day than the rest of the site all together, so I decided to see what was going on. In there, I found the "Rejects", Smartalec, CosmicCowboy, Jimcs, CrazyOne, BigSleepyDragon, to name a few, all bowing down to Queen KoriDuncan, which I quickly learned happened even when we weren't doing the "picks" for the Spurs games (even if they won't admit it). Of course, those were my wilder days, so my evil twin, Jezz, who had a kickin pair of red thigh high boots, btw, and I decided to join the fray and the rest is history as they say.

In person: Dave and Buster's we decided to get together so I wouldn't be meeting her for the first time in person when I stood at her wedding. Both Kori and LJ are the nicest people on the planet. LJ was a little too quiet though, either that or I just talk way to much!! :spin

Kori's Big Sis
06-14-2006, 09:42 PM
One time I found her in our neighbors fish pond when she fell in. (she was wearing a blind fold at the time).

One time I found her dangling from a jump rope on our slide.

She was a little accident prone (note the numerous scars on her forehead)

Kori Ellis
06-14-2006, 09:48 PM
One time I found her in our neighbors fish pond when she fell in. (she was wearing a blind fold at the time).

One time I found her dangling from a jump rope on our slide.

She was a little accident prone (note the numerous scars on her forehead)

Those are true. In addition to falling off the roof of the shed and breaking my collar bone.

Though I blame the Fish Pond thing on you and Blind Man's Bluff.

Kori's Big Sis
06-14-2006, 10:03 PM
That was my first post ever on any website forum anywhere. I'm no longer a virgin!

Kori Ellis
06-14-2006, 10:04 PM
That was my first post ever on any website forum anywhere. I'm no longer a virgin!

It took three years of me owning a forum to make it happen. :lol

Come on ... You've never posted in ANY forum? Not a mommies' forum or some kind of hobby forum?

Kori's Big Sis
06-14-2006, 10:06 PM
nope. I've read alot of them, but never actually participated. Say "Hi" to LJ for me!

Das Texan
06-14-2006, 10:06 PM
is this really kori's sister?

Kori Ellis
06-14-2006, 10:07 PM
nope. I've read alot of them, but never actually participated. Say "Hi" to LJ for me!

I will. But he'll see your posts when he gets home.

Say Hi to the kids from me.

Kori Ellis
06-14-2006, 10:07 PM
is this really kori's sister?

Yes. :lol

Das Texan
06-14-2006, 10:08 PM

awesome.

ShoogarBear
06-14-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm no longer a virgin!
I'm going to wrap yellow police tape around this one for Trainwreck's sake.

ShoogarBear
06-14-2006, 10:23 PM
That's really your sister? :lol

I thought it was LJ.

:rollin

Kori Ellis
06-14-2006, 10:27 PM
That's really your sister? :lol

I thought it was LJ.

:rollin

It was really my sister. I had to check the IP to make sure at first. :lol

angel_luv
06-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Hi Kori's big Sis. :)

Das Texan
06-14-2006, 10:34 PM
It was really my sister. I had to check the IP to make sure at first. :lol

what a doubter.

SpursWoman
06-14-2006, 10:52 PM

Awesome! Kori's sister was the only one that would talk to me at Kori & LJ's wedding. :lol

Well...aside from dancing with LJ's cute little brother. :smokin

atxrocker
06-14-2006, 10:59 PM
ah yes, that wonderful day. i stumbled upon this site when a friend forwarded the link to the legendary nash photoshop thread and stuck around since. i have yet to meet kori ellis but maybe a brotha can get an invite to a gtg next season?

Trainwreck2100
06-14-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm going to wrap yellow police tape around this one for Trainwreck's sake.

Stop bringing that shit up :pctoss