PDA

View Full Version : Talking BBall w/Heat Nation is Like Talking Science with a Religious Fundamentalist

pussyface
06-12-2006, 09:16 PM
After reading a slew of "we got these next 3 at home no problem" themed posts on a Heat site I posted the following.

"I think that this "its our house, our way" attitude is nice but a little naive. Dallas has shown dominance in 4 matchups with you guys this year, including 2 finals games. the heat with shaq have yet to beat the Mavs at all.

Other than the "faith" that you guys have, there is very little to suggest objectively that Miami has shown anything to suggest they are capable of winning 3 straight versus Dallas.

Mavs appear to be matchup kryptonite for the Heat, in the way that say San Antonio matches up exceptionally well with Phoenix."

For this I was told that I was a troll who should be ignored. Consensus was 100% that this was "there house" and no one was even willing to consider what I said. I responded:

"i think it is incredible that you guys consider me a troll and write off what I have to say completely.

Im here making serious, rational points and you guys respond that none of it is relevent to you because you have "faith." thus, trying to debate any of you on basketball points is like trying to convince a Muslim extremist that their religion isn't right; in the end, they can always fall back on "faith."

If you dont want rational thought on your board, than I will go elsewhere. You guys are sitting around here with your heads burried in the sand calling me a troll for making basketball points while you guys "just know."

I now feel a lot of sympathy for Pistons fans. These guys are a nightmare to try to converse with on any level.

Extra Stout
06-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Well, if they were looking at the series rationally, they would stop paying attention and go to the beach.

As fans, blind faith is all they have left, as this series is unlikely to return to Texas.

pussyface
06-12-2006, 09:24 PM
yeah i dont begrudge them for being biased fans as we all are to some degree, but turning on the blinders so willingly is a bit hard to grasp.

another post of mine was deleted from the site altogether because it contained a telling Antoine Walker qoute that portrayed him in a negative light.

"I'm glad to be going to the East, it'll be easier to make the all star team," Walker on being traded from contending Dallas to basement dwelling Atlanta.

REDLION#22
06-12-2006, 09:29 PM
well excuse us for having faith in our team:rolleyes,besides neither spurs fans nor piston fans are in a position to thrash talk,cuz in case they didint know their teams are eliminated;)besides our team is on a mission YES I ACCEPT DALLAS IS GIVING US TROUBLE,they ddi play a great game,but im confident that pat riley will have this team ready tomorrow,and i think we have a chance to win the next 3 games at home.i mean its not like the players are just scratching their noses...they know what the mission is.

pussyface
06-12-2006, 09:33 PM
thats cool buddy.
i totally understand that your a fan and your gonna keep the faith.

i will take you up on the Dallas playing a "great game" thing. i really think that when this series is over, the Mavs will give a much better account of themselves even than what we have seen this far.

although they have played well enough to win convincingly, i really think there is still another gear they can reach on a really good night (example: dirk has a great shooting night/fewer turnovers/jho puts in 20).

VLADIE_FAN21_POSSE
06-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Well after the games are over the bandwagon over there will empty and you will be left with mostly fans that have an idea WTF they are talking about.....

Any time a team does well it happens.......... You can take a hundred idiots like that and look in their closet and find COWBOYS, Bulls, lakers etc jersey depending how old they are the more you will find..........

I recall last year seeing some fool in the store wearing a bulls hat and a lakers jersey...... We had a good laugh........ the classic band wagon fan..........

strangeweather
06-12-2006, 09:43 PM
well excuse us for having faith in our team:rolleyes,besides neither spurs fans nor piston fans are in a position to thrash talk,cuz in case they didint know their teams are eliminated;)besides our team is on a mission YES I ACCEPT DALLAS IS GIVING US TROUBLE,they ddi play a great game,but im confident that pat riley will have this team ready tomorrow,and i think we have a chance to win the next 3 games at home.i mean its not like the players are just scratching their noses...they know what the mission is.
Wow, it's like having Dr. Jack here on the board giving us a breakdown of the whole series.

Dunc
06-12-2006, 09:46 PM

Lol. What is the mission? Do you even know? :lmao

Amare_32
06-13-2006, 11:23 AM
I am also registered on that message board. There is nothing wrong with them supporting thier team. If anything is the Mavs fans (some of them) that go there and post stiff like Mavs in 4 or Eastern Conference Chumps. You want to have serious talk about the games then do it. Don't just go there and start putting them down.
________
Hawaii marijuana dispensaries (http://hawaii.dispensaries.org/)
________
BUBBLER PIPE (http://bubblers.net/)

TeyshaBlue
06-13-2006, 11:29 AM
I am also registered on that message board. There is nothing wrong with them supporting thier team. If anything is the Mavs fans (some of them) that go there and post stiff like Mavs in 4 or Eastern Conference Chumps. You want to have serious talk about the games then do it. Don't just go there and start putting them down.

LOL.....if I went in there and posted Mavs in 4 I'd expect to have my ass handed to me.

pussyface
06-13-2006, 11:32 AM
the whole point of this thread is that that isnt what i did.

i went in there and made a few basketball points and for that I was written off as a troll. read the first post in the thread for the details.

Goons
06-13-2006, 11:33 AM

They are wholesale banning IP's from the Dallas area over there. I was banned before I even posted. Then I emailed an admin and got double-strong banned and can't even read it.

This is what I sent in email:

Hello

I've never been a member of your forums before, however it appears my IP has been banned. I agree to your forum rules and code of conduct. Is there any way I can register?

Thanks

Amare_32
06-13-2006, 11:34 AM
the whole point of this thread is that that isnt what i did.

i went in there and made a few basketball points and for that I was written off as a troll. read the first post in the thread for the details.

I did not mean you in particular.
________
FORD WIKI (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Wiki)
________
Web shows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Amare_32
06-13-2006, 11:37 AM
They are wholesale banning IP's from the Dallas area over there. I was banned before I even posted. Then I emailed an admin and got double-strong banned and can't even read it.

This is what I sent in email:

Really? When I go on there tonight I will ask Tiffy. I think she is one of the mods.
________
I4 dohc engine (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_I4_DOHC_engine)
________
BEST TEMPERATURE FOR EXTREME Q (http://www.vaporizers.net/)

Extra Stout
06-13-2006, 11:40 AM
OMG, Heat fans actually make Mavs fans look knowledgeable and level-headed.

Do they walk upright in Miami?

awmyplace
Really? When I go on there tonight I will ask Tiffy. I think she is one of the mods.

She(Tiffy)is the mod over there.

picnroll
It isn't exactly likely talking basketball with Mav's fans has been some kind of an epiphany.

Amare_32
06-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Who do you think will be traded from the Heat this summer? I get the feeling that win or lose they will make changes. At this point I think Riley really has to start building around DWade. I have a funny feeling Posey and Walker will be packing thier bags.
________
Dodge challenger (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Challenger)
________
LIVE SEX (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

pussyface
06-13-2006, 12:03 PM
id keep posey as a bench player.

walker/williams would be in the 8/9/10 of the Dallas rotation...gotta get those guys out.