PDA

View Full Version : media being to cocky!

ducks
06-12-2006, 10:43 PM
when spurs blew the pistons away the first 2 games last year everyone said the same thing(mavs will beat heat and it will be 4 games a sweep)
guess what it did not happen

you think they would learn :rolleyes

Rip-Hamilton32
06-12-2006, 11:47 PM
lol..but look who came out on top..

Burn531
06-12-2006, 11:50 PM
It's kinda there job. It's another reason I hate those ESPN shows like PTI and Around the Horn.

Marklar MM
06-13-2006, 07:38 AM
It's kinda there job. It's another reason I hate those ESPN shows like PTI and Around the Horn.

PTI is the only show I watch on ESPN. They are at least objective and look at things in different lights.

Around the Horn is just biased writers prepping up the "Pretty" picks or their hometown team.

I can't even watch Sportscenter anymore.

CubanMustGo
06-13-2006, 08:22 AM
Hey, up here in Dallas the city announced plans for the championship parade already.

RON ARTEST
06-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Hey, up here in Dallas the city announced plans for the championship parade already.
really? why the fuck would they do that? if the heat find out they might get extra motivation and play better, you never know. didnt the same thing happen last year with the spurs and pistons?

CubanMustGo
06-13-2006, 08:33 AM
really? why the fuck would they do that? if the heat find out they might get extra motivation and play better, you never know. didnt the same thing happen last year with the spurs and pistons?

You'd have to talk to the braniacs who thought it was a good idea. Here's a link to the story in today's Dallas Morning News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/061306dnmetmavparade.128518df.html).

- excerpt -
Victory parade on boards for Mavs

Dallas: City plays the optimist, plans for 500,000 downtown

05:47 AM CDT on Tuesday, June 13, 2006

By DAVE LEVINTHAL / The Dallas Morning News

The Dallas Mavericks, of course, must win two more games to prevent their victory parade from getting rained on.

But Dallas police and city officials are busy preparing a parade anyway in anticipation of at least 500,000 NBA championship-crazed fans – and possibly many more – flocking downtown.

Dallas is up 2-0 against the Miami Heat in the best-of-7 championship series.
parade map

If the Mavericks were to win the series in four games or five, Dallas would kick off a victory parade June 20, said Celia Barshop, manager of the city's Office of Special Events. A Finals victory in Game 6 would push the parade to June 22, and a win in seven means it would commence June 26, she said.

The parade would begin at 11 a.m. for all scenarios, Ms. Barshop said.

Shank
06-13-2006, 09:54 AM
I guess the meaning of the word "if" is completely lost on you.

FreshPrince22
06-13-2006, 09:57 AM
You'd have to talk to the braniacs who thought it was a good idea. Here's a link to the story in today's Dallas Morning News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/061306dnmetmavparade.128518df.html).

Miami has a plan as well. You can't just throw something together overnight.

ducks
06-13-2006, 09:58 AM
I think mavs get blown out next game

leemajors
06-13-2006, 10:17 AM
kornheiser making tony reali wear the pharoah hat while reading emails yesterday was hilarious.

TeyshaBlue
06-13-2006, 10:30 AM

I was thinking that would happen game two....I'm still waiting for Shaq to take over and for the rest of the team to wake up.

Shank
06-13-2006, 11:54 AM

Dallas has only been blown out in 1 game the entire playoffs and that was to Phoenix. Miami's offense is nowhere near the level of Phoenix's. It won't happen.

MadDog73
06-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Even if Wade and Shaq combine for 70, and Walker and Williams chip in another 30...

the Mavs will still win: 101-100.

StylisticS
06-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Miami has a plan as well. You can't just throw something together overnight.

Exactly. I have family that lives all over Dade county and they told me they had plans for a parade after the ECF's was done. Both teams do it. I wouldn't be surprised if San Antonio and Detroit did it last year.

Back in the 90s, Dallas had parade plans after the NFC Championship game was done. Knowing they had 1 or 2 weeks until the superbowl.

td4mvp3
06-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Exactly. I have family that lives all over Dade county and they told me they had plans for a parade after the ECF's was done. Both teams do it. I wouldn't be surprised if San Antonio and Detroit did it last year.

Back in the 90s, Dallas had parade plans after the NFC Championship game was done. Knowing they had 1 or 2 weeks until the superbowl.
yeah, this kind of nonsense about rallying around a city planning a parade is kinda silly. the cities have a million people and have to plan city services and block roads and get police on the same page. it's called planning ahead, not a big deal.

ducks
06-13-2006, 11:24 PM
i have definitely not been impressed with dwayne wade

:smchode:

did he do enough for you tonight :elephant

East Coast Babe
06-14-2006, 12:43 AM
did he do enough for you tonight :elephant

For those of us rooting for the Mavs, he did way too much! I want Mavs to win! The Heat beat up on my favorite team this year! :madrun