PDA

View Full Version : 10 teams looking for centers

ducks
06-12-2006, 11:01 PM
so spurs have no excuse moving rasho :elephant
While the temperatures in Central Florida hovered in the mid-90s, trade talks involving Bucks center Jamaal Magloire heated up some more. Bucks general manager Larry Harris was spotted talking to several NBA officials. I was told by members of 10 different teams that they had, to varying degrees, interest in acquiring the veteran center.
“There was quite a bit of dialogue,’’ Harris said, smiling.
The prevailing opinion among those interviewed was that a deal involving Magloire would likely be finalized by the draft.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Magloire's tough at least.

Not very mobile at all though. No hops either. But physical, at least.

midgetonadonkey
06-12-2006, 11:31 PM
The Spurs need to get rid of their 7 footers and just focus on small ball. The smaller the team, the better. Maybe they can trade Rasho for Nate Robinson.

Leetonidas
06-13-2006, 02:18 AM
The Spurs need to get rid of their 7 footers and just focus on small ball. The smaller the team, the better. Maybe they can trade Rasho for Nate Robinson.

With Isiah as the GM, anything's possible. :drunk

himat
06-13-2006, 05:36 AM
Pistons have to be one of those teams. I think the team is looking for a quick PG, a C, and if we have money left than we got for a guy on the wing.

angel_luv
06-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Where is the list of the 10?

JamStone
06-13-2006, 09:59 AM
I don't think even teams looking for centers will be knocking down the Spurs' door for Rasho. Phoenix is changing the mindset of some teams in terms of what they are looking for in a center. No longer do teams need a 7-foot, 250+ guy in the pivot, especially if the team is a transition, open court team. That's part of the reason Milwaukee is willing to let Magloire go, as well as to develop Bogut as a center. But, even look at the Pistons with Ben Wallace. He's really only about 6-foot-7 and 240. He's not a real center. Teams still like size. But, the league is moving towards big men who are mobile, who can run the floor well, who can play tough in the post but can also switch out on the perimeter on defense.

Rasho is a big, lumbering center. How many teams really want that? Now take those teams, and of them, how many want to pay Rasho's salary?

It's just not that easy.

velik_m
06-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Rasho is a big, lumbering center. How many teams really want that? Now take those teams, and of them, how many want to pay Rasho's salary?

It's just not that easy.

and Maglorie is what? a nimble center?

MoSpur
06-13-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm looking for the ten teams looking for a center.

angel_luv
06-13-2006, 11:16 AM
I'm looking for the ten teams looking for a center.

Thanks. That is what I was curious about- not that I am looking to trade Sho.

clubalien
06-13-2006, 11:20 AM
are the spurs one of the teams looking for a center?

are have we already found ours in javtoaks?

MoSpur
06-13-2006, 11:32 AM
We've passed ten posts in this thread and no sign of ten teams looking for a center. I guess there is no list.

JamStone
06-13-2006, 11:36 AM
and Maglorie is what? a nimble center?

Exactly the reason Milwaukee is willing to trade him away, since most of their other players make up an uptempo, open court team.

ducks
06-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Maglorie has only one year left on his contract

greywheel
06-13-2006, 11:45 AM
I am guessing this is the source of the article.
link (http://www.journaltimes.com/nucleus/index.php?itemid=6154)

We've passed ten posts in this thread and no sign of ten teams looking for a center. I guess there is no list.
It is just a GM claiming ten teams have interest in his player. Just trying to raise Jamal's market value. No teams named, no real story for Spurs fans.

velik_m
06-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Maglorie has only one year left on his contract

so it's not 10 teams looking for a center, it's 10 teams looking for a salary dump.

Bruno
06-13-2006, 11:54 AM

Boston
Toronto
Chicago
Indiana
Atlanta
Memphis
New Orleans
Minnesota
Portland
Golden State
Phoenix
Sacramento

All these teams could be looking for a starting center or a backup center.

Bruno
06-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Exactly the reason Milwaukee is willing to trade him away, since most of their other players make up an uptempo, open court team.

Milwaulkee want to trade him because Bogut is a center. Plain and simple.

MoSpur
06-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Thanks Bruno.

JamStone
06-13-2006, 01:55 PM
Every team in the NBA but Miami (and that's if Zo plays next year), Dallas, Milwaukee, and maybe Denver could use a starting center or back-up center.

himat
06-13-2006, 04:59 PM
I don't think even teams looking for centers will be knocking down the Spurs' door for Rasho. Phoenix is changing the mindset of some teams in terms of what they are looking for in a center. No longer do teams need a 7-foot, 250+ guy in the pivot, especially if the team is a transition, open court team. That's part of the reason Milwaukee is willing to let Magloire go, as well as to develop Bogut as a center. But, even look at the Pistons with Ben Wallace. He's really only about 6-foot-7 and 240. He's not a real center. Teams still like size. But, the league is moving towards big men who are mobile, who can run the floor well, who can play tough in the post but can also switch out on the perimeter on defense.

It's just not that easy.

Sure the nba is changing, but it would be a helper if a 7 footer came to the Pistons and actually played. The Pistons just said Ben can gaurd Shaq. Too bad Ben is 5 inches and 70+ pounds lighter. the Mavericks have 2 7 footers fronting, rolling, and putting their bodies on Shaq to stop him. Pistons need that for 1-2 more years so that they have an easier time going to the Finals if they face the heat in the Conference Finals next season. The Pistons need to get some guys and Flip needs to play them so that we can develop a 8-9 man rotation. The starters were dead come playoff time.

Bruno
06-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Some Rasho trade ideas that I like :

With Toronto : Rasho + 2007 first round pick for Eric Williams
With Chicago : Rasho + Scola for a TE (trade exception)
With Chicago : Rasho + Scola for Chandler (with a third team who take oberto or Barry)
With Atlanta : Rasho + Scola for a TE
With Atlanta : Rasho + Scola + 2007 first for Al Harrington (S&T)
With New Orleans : Rasho + 2007 first (or Udrih) for PJ Brown
With Sacramento : Rasho + Scola + 2007 first for kenny Thomas + Sergey Monya

mFFL03
06-14-2006, 11:09 AM
you know....BEN WALLACE IS NOW A FREE AGENT

surprised no one said anything

MoSpur
06-14-2006, 11:20 AM
A lot of people have said something about Ben Wallace. We just all realize him coming to SA is not going to happen.

the fan
06-14-2006, 01:06 PM
The NBA is changing but you still want big men who are athletic. What the Spurs could have used was another person on the block with low-post moves. That could have imposed the Spur's will on the Mavs instead of vice versa. I am hoping that will be Robertas.