PDA

View Full Version : Manu Flop and Don't let ur sons be Spurs fan?

weidaandduncan
06-13-2006, 06:29 AM
someone come up with an answer for those mavs bitches..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5i6mmF_5YY&search=dallas%20spurs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKMv9LrgF6M&search=dallas%20spurs

GrandeDavid
06-13-2006, 07:48 AM
My friend Myron Brown from Pittsburgh who played against Manu Ginobili a couple of times in Italy back in the day said Manu was a notorious flopper over there. Oh well, part of the game I guess! Sort of like the diving soccer player who gets tapped in the thigh yet rolls around grabbing his ankle. :lol

Still, I love Manu and would never trade him. Too unique of a player, too great of a man. Let him flop all he wants. 99% of the league does it.

adrienne
06-13-2006, 08:19 AM
Of course they're going to be anti-Spurs sentiment shown in house at the AAC. Compare that with the Lakers showing video of Malone taking out Nash's teeth set to music, and it won't seem so bad.

SpursWoman
06-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Pop would probably have a heartattack if someone in the Spurs organization did something like that...although I'd probably laugh. Our in-house video typically consists of propping up our players, not bashing those on other teams.

To each their own, though.

J.T.
06-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Just shows you what a classless organization the Dallas Mavericks really are. This is just evidence that it starts at the top and trickles all the way down. From this stupid shit, to Jason Terry punching below the belt.

I guess Cuban is just trying to say, if you grow up to be a Mavfan you'll be a fucking prick. Just like him. Cuban = awesome role model for children.

Amarelooms
06-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Haha funny stuff. The Manu flop one would be super funny if it was actually played vs the Spurs in the playoffs. All in good fun people relax....plus we all know Manu is the King of Flopping.

picnroll
06-13-2006, 09:04 AM
A team with Dirk on it calling someone out for flopping. :rollin

Amarelooms
06-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Ummm sorry but Manu is in a league of his own for flopping......even Raja Bell wishes to be as good. Most players actaully wait for contact before taking a dive. Manu has mastered it so well he hits the deck even when the player is a foot away....very impressive Manu lol!!!

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2006, 09:11 AM
dont cry for me argentina....

picnroll
06-13-2006, 09:19 AM
Nobopdy is as good as _irk. Manu actually has to be touched. _irk goes into a gran mal seizure when someone gets within two feet of him. Of course Manu actually plays D which gives him a few more opportunities to flop than _irk. :lol

DarrinS
06-13-2006, 09:27 AM
They were both pretty lame, if you ask me.

picnroll
06-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Can anybody in the Dallas - SA series remember a single time that _irk drove the lane and if he didn't score the two the refs didn't put him at the line?

Amarelooms
06-13-2006, 09:34 AM
OF course Spurs fans think they were lame....all in fun relax. On the Dirk flopping more than Manu...only Spurs homers say that and most sane Spurs fans would agree Manu is the King of the Flop.

Holmes_Fans
06-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Haha funny stuff. The Manu flop one would be super funny if it was actually played vs the Spurs in the playoffs. All in good fun people relax....plus we all know Manu is the King of Flopping.
It was only played during the spurs series, wow you are an idiot.

picnroll
06-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Dirk is the lamest flopper in the NBA. Manu has bruises all over his body to show for his play. Only bruise _irk has is rectal from serving his master.

polandprzem
06-13-2006, 09:42 AM
They persuaded me

angel_luv
06-13-2006, 09:43 AM

Hahahaha!

First video = Brokeback
Second Video was a flop!

:lmao They are so lame!

Amarelooms
06-13-2006, 09:45 AM
It was only played during the spurs series, wow you are an idiot.

Yeah good logic...sorry I wasn't at the game. I forgot TNT showed it during the commercials....

Amarelooms
06-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Hahahaha!

First video = Brokeback
Second Video was a flop!

:lmao They are so lame!

Please don't make fun of Mr. Cuban's hard work lol. Thanks :lol

angel_luv
06-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Oh my bad!

If you told me Cuban made the videos, I could have given them the same appraisal without watching. :lmao

Amarelooms
06-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Oh my bad!

If you told me Cuban made the videos, I could have given them the same appraisal without watching. :lmao

You are being mean to the billionare nerd....give the guy a break lol.

angel_luv
06-13-2006, 10:01 AM
You are being mean to the billionare nerd....give the guy a break lol.

Sure! What? Leg? Or better yet, how about an arm? That way he will stop his stupid blogs. hehehe

Kidding!

I don't want to touch the guy. Shudder! :fro

Amarelooms
06-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Man she's on FIRE....too funny. Thanks for the laughs this AM......

angel_luv
06-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Man she's on FIRE....too funny. Thanks for the laughs this AM......

*curtsey* :lol

:lol My smack talk is all that is left for me this season.

:)

Amarelooms
06-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Well like they say...try and be the best at whatever you do. Looks like you're right up there...lots of practice I guess :)

angel_luv
06-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Well like they say...try and be the best at whatever you do. Looks like you're right up there...lots of practice I guess :)

Thanks. :)

Good luck tonight.

TeyshaBlue
06-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Just shows you what a classless organization the Dallas Mavericks really are. This is just evidence that it starts at the top and trickles all the way down. From this stupid shit, to Jason Terry punching below the belt.

I guess Cuban is just trying to say, if you grow up to be a Mavfan you'll be a fucking prick. Just like him. Cuban = awesome role model for children.

Smooth....

http://www.fallenpatriotfund.org/

boutons_
06-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Cuban and his org aren't total pricks, but Cuban is 99% prick.

Giving some of his $Bs towards injured vets is painless, cheap, self-aggrandizing, tax-deductible PR for himself.

He probaby pays much more for his hobby in NBA luxury tax and bloated salaries for deadbeat players.

td4mvp21
06-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Lol, those are funny.

But I didn't think Manu flopped all that much in the series, or at least he didn't get the foul called?

TeyshaBlue
06-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Lol, those are funny.

But I didn't think Manu flopped all that much in the series, or at least he didn't get the foul called?

I was thinking the same thing when I first heard of the video....I've not noticed Manu doing alot of flopping. At least not to Vlade Divac's level. Now, Vlade could out flop a fish. :lmao

Rynospursfan
06-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Yes Vlade was the master. Darrell Armstrong is the biggest flopper on the Mavs. Every team has one, its a good tactic when you get away with it. Why shouldn't players try to get away with stuff? This is not a gentlemans game, there are 3 refs on the court.

shelshor
06-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Do they have a link for the "Horry's"?
That does make those 2 look like the Mavs organization has class and dignity

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-13-2006, 11:46 AM
OF course Spurs fans think they were lame....all in fun relax. On the Dirk flopping more than Manu...only Spurs homers say that and most sane Spurs fans would agree Manu is the King of the Flop.

and only dumbass mav fans call everyone homers.... fucking mormons... yes i said mormons!

rayray2k8
06-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Wow, they're in the finals and they still thinking about the spurs?
I think to them, beating the spurs was a bigger deal than who they beat in the finals.

angel_luv
06-13-2006, 11:54 AM
No, those videos are from our series.

Shank
06-13-2006, 11:57 AM
This thread is a compilation of the dumbest Spurs posters on this board. Congratulations for coming together like this.

Brutalis
06-13-2006, 11:58 AM
More like,

"Momma don't tell the Spurs I paid them to lose"

angel_luv
06-13-2006, 11:58 AM
This thread is a compilation of the dumbest Spurs posters on this board. Congratulations for coming together like this.

What are you saying? You posted here.

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-13-2006, 12:01 PM

and once again id like to ask the question.... why the fuck are you on a SPURS forum?

Shank
06-13-2006, 12:05 PM
What are you saying? You posted here.

Do I post under favorship of the Spurs?

Shank
06-13-2006, 12:06 PM
and once again id like to ask the question.... why the fuck are you on a SPARES forum?

You're not breaking new ground.

angel_luv
06-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Do I post under favorship of the Spurs?

:rolleyes
I don't know, good man. Do you?

SpursWoman
06-13-2006, 12:14 PM
SPARES

Actually, that was rather stupid and unoriginal. But whatever makes you feel clever I suppose. :spin

Wasn't there already a thread about this, anyway?

Brutalis
06-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Why this fag isnt banned really beats me.

Shank
06-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Wasn't there already a thread about this, anyway?

Probably about a hundred before this one. You guys either need new material or just get off it entirely.

Shank
06-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Why this fag isnt banned really beats me.

What have I done that would warrant being banned on what everyone perceives to be the most lax board on the Internet? But please, do tell me more about the refs. Seems to be the only thing you think of.

SpursWoman
06-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Probably about a hundred before this one. You guys either need new material or just get off it entirely.

The thread starter only has 2 posts ... I'm assuming he hasn't found the search function yet.

THE SIXTH MAN
06-13-2006, 12:20 PM
SPARES? You should do stand up your sooooo funny, I mean it must have taken you days to come with that. Shank>>>>>>Chris Rock.

picnroll
06-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Skank seems to be be working his way toward that permanet ban. What a pity.

Should be some rule where if you've contributed zero in the way of interesting pr original after a thousand posts it's ban city. Skank would have 254 to go.

Shank
06-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Dirk is the lamest flopper in the NBA. Manu has bruises all over his body to show for his play. Only bruise _irk has is rectal from serving his master.

You mean like this little nugget of basketball knowledge?

picnroll
06-13-2006, 12:24 PM
You mean like this little nugget of basketball knowledge? That one is a fact. People talk about Manu flopping but he's constantly drawing contact, enough contact to be called el contusion. Where are the bruises on the floppin and flailin fraulein?

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Those were stupid.

I H8 Mavs Fans
06-13-2006, 12:27 PM
They only had enough imagination for 59 seconds?

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 12:29 PM
While those videos ARE pretty lame...

Cubie is a genius... :)

Shank
06-13-2006, 12:30 PM

Fact? What? Let's break this down, shall we?

1. Dirk is the lamest flopper in the NBA. Manu has more of a reputation for being a flopper than Dirk does. Even Raja Bell is climbing up in notoriety.

2. Manu has bruises all over his body to show for his play. -And you would know this how? Every player takes a beating over the course of a game. If you're so close to the players as you seem to think you are, check out Dirk's teeth next time and count the fake ones. He helped the Mavs win Game 6 in Phoenix after battling through food poisoning the day before. Let's not pretend that Manu is somehow tougher than Dirk is.

3. Your third line is bullshit and doesn't need to be addressed.

What have we learned here? That you confuse fact with your own undeveloped ramblings.

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2006, 12:32 PM
2. Manu has bruises all over his body to show for his play. -And you would know this how? Every player takes a beating over the course of a game.

Jumpshooters don't

THE SIXTH MAN
06-13-2006, 12:34 PM
. Let's not pretend that Manu is somehow tougher than Dirk is.
CLASSIC!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Jumpshooters don't

Are people still calling Dirk a jumpshooter? Seriously...

Shank
06-13-2006, 12:36 PM
Jumpshooters don't

Does this look like a jumpshot to you?

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/fb118516-8a3f-4838-8d3b-b9d488aa66dc.jpg

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 12:37 PM
[/IMG]

Dirk was tougher than Manu on that play... :fro

Dirk's toughness is SEVERELY under-rated...

Mavs_man_41
06-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Nobopdy is as good as _irk. Manu actually has to be touched. _irk goes into a gran mal seizure when someone gets within two feet of him. Of course Manu actually plays D which gives him a few more opportunities to flop than _irk. :lol

lmao this is hilarious. You don't actually think dirk is a match for ginobili do you? Ginobili is such a great flopper it's comical. Even players around the league hate him for it.

Trainwreck2100

They gave him the lane, go look at his fouls on your tivod games, if you don't believe me. Also I'll go ahead and give you the foul where he stepped on Duncan's foot because he had to drive to get the foul for stepping on his foot.

FromWayDowntown
If Mavs fans are going to ask us to be objective and characterize Manu as a flopper, they have to be objective and say the same about Dirk. It's clear that both guys are good at exaggerating contact to their benefit. I'm sure that both players make opposing fans crazy with the benefit that they get from that sort of play. But to say that Manu is somehow leagues worse the Dirk as a flopper is denying fact. It's rather obvious in watching him that Dirk flops and flails on the offensive end with the best of them. I don't see how anyone can really deny that.

Mavs_man_41
06-13-2006, 12:39 PM
If Mavs fans are going to ask us to be objective and characterize Manu as a flopper, they have to be objective and say the same about Dirk. It's clear that both guys are good at exaggerating contact to their benefit. I'm sure that both players make opposing fans crazy with the benefit that they get from that sort of play. But to say that Manu is somehow leagues worse the Dirk as a flopper is denying fact. It's rather obvious in watching him that Dirk flops and flails on the offensive end with the best of them. I don't see how anyone can really deny that.

THATS just homerism.

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2006, 12:39 PM
lmao this is hilarious. You don't actually think dirk is a match for ginobili do you? Ginobili is such a great flopper it's comical. Even players around the league hate him for it.

Once again Dirk won the game by stepping on someone's foot, that is a flop of unparraleled proportions

Mavs_man_41
06-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Once again Dirk won the game by stepping on someone's foot, that is a flop of unparraleled proportions

But he didn't flop he actually tripped on duncans foot. Whether it was a foul or not he still had a reason to fall.

picnroll
06-13-2006, 12:41 PM
My God a seven footer taking it to the basket once in a while. Wow.

Dirk's a pussy. Look at 82games.com and see how often Dirk scores in the paint compared to the real big boys. Fucker gets bailed out everytime he gets in the paint and gets breathed on. Like I said I literally can't remember a time Dirk went into the paint, went into his flailing act and didn't get the call. Remember the BS call on Duncan end of game 3?

Looka the last plays of regulation game sven. Dirk hooks Bowen, rips Manu's shoulder and whacks Duncan on the head in the span of twenty seconds and refs give him a pass.

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 12:42 PM

Yes, Dirk flops too...neither him or Manu are great at fighting thru contact, or they just choose not too.

I think Manu looks like a bigger flopper to most because he's smaller and he flies all over the place. When Dirk goes down it's more clumsy looking. I rate Manu just ahead of Dirk. Sometimes when Manu flops it looks like a sniper got him from the top row of the arena, or he's playing soccer and somebody just tackled him in the penalty box and he's trying to draw a PK by taking a dive... :fro

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2006, 12:42 PM
But he didn't flop he actually tripped on duncans foot. Whether it was a foul or not he still had a reason to fall.

It wasn't a foul, hence a flop

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 12:43 PM
My God a seven footer taking it to the basket once in a while. Wow.

Dirk's a pussy. Look at 82games.com and see how often Dirk scores in the paint compared to the real big boys. Fucker gets bailed out everytime he gets in the paint and gets breathed on. Like I said I literally can't remember a time Dirk went into the paint, went into his flailing act and didn't get the call. Remember the BS call on Duncan end of game 3?

I'm thinking about the Heat...sorry... :drunk

Most of the REAL big boys are sitting on their couch I suppose... :lol

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 12:43 PM

He rolled his ankle...hardly a flop...

and yes, most likely NOT a foul...but who could've called that correctly at real speed??

Mavs_man_41
06-13-2006, 12:45 PM

A flop is faking a fall to draw the foul, Dirk did not fake a fall, he actually tripped. This makes it not a flop.

I H8 Mavs Fans
06-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Once again thanks to Mavs fans another thread has gone in an opposite direction as what it was intended for.

FromWayDowntown
06-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Yes, Dirk flops too...neither him or Manu are great at fighting thru contact, or they just choose not too.

I think Manu looks like a bigger flopper to most because he's smaller and he flies all over the place. When Dirk goes down it's more clumsy looking. I rate Manu just ahead of Dirk. Sometimes when Manu flops it looks like a sniper got him from the top row of the arena, or he's playing soccer and somebody just tackled him in the penalty box and he's trying to draw a PK by taking a dive... :fro

I think one could argue that Manu takes much stronger contact than Dirk does, though, which might also account for why he appears to go flying all over the place.

FromWayDowntown
06-13-2006, 12:47 PM
He rolled his ankle...hardly a flop...

and yes, most likely NOT a foul...but who could've called that correctly at real speed??

I could have.

Kori Ellis
06-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Damn Spurs fans are sensitive these days. Somebody posts some lame ass videos and y'all act like they poked your eye out with a knife.

As for Manu and Dirk, they both flop -- a lot.

This season Manu accidentally flopped once when Nazr barely tapped him (Manu's back was to him and thought he was an opponent) and Manu dropped to the ground as if he had been shot. It was hysterical when Manu was laying on the floor and realized it was Nazr.

Dirk flails more than flops. But give him some credit, he flailed his way to the free throw line and onto to the Finals. Manu has been fishing for weeks.

It's just part of what they do. I don't know why fans get so insulted by it. It's just a small part of their games.

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2006, 12:48 PM
A flop is faking a fall to draw the foul, Dirk did not fake a fall, he actually tripped. This makes it not a flop.

A flop is being a pussy and accentuating the contact, Manu gets hit, he gets the contact and falls to the floor technically it's a foul but in the Gym it's one dude being stupid, same as Dirk.

Shank
06-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Why wouldn't Dirk shoot from the outside? It's a weapon of his. That's like trying to fault Rodman for just rebounding. It's what they do best.

Mavs_man_41
06-13-2006, 12:53 PM
A flop is being a pussy and accentuating the contact, Manu gets hit, he gets the contact and falls to the floor technically it's a foul but in the Gym it's one dude being stupid, same as Dirk.

Hmmm....if a flop is being a pussy lol then i guess you just dissed your own player.

Kori Ellis
06-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Hmmm....if a flop is being a pussy lol then i guess you just dissed your own player.

That's what I was going to say.

Spurs fans can't say Manu doesn't flop. That's nuts.

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Damn Spurs fans are sensitive these days. Somebody posts some lame ass videos and y'all act like they poked your eye out with a knife.

This season Manu accidentally flopped once when Nazr barely tapped him (Manu's back was to him and thought he was an opponent) and Manu dropped to the ground as if he had been shot. It was hysterical when Manu was laying on the floor and realized it was Nazr.

Dirk flails more than flops. But give him some credit, he flailed his way to the free throw line and onto to the Finals. Manu has been fishing for weeks.

It's just part of what they do. I don't know why fans get so insulted by it. It's just a small part of their games.

That's what I was going to say.

Spurs fans can't say Manu doesn't flop. That's nuts.

I love Kori...she gets it... :fro

ace3g
06-13-2006, 01:00 PM
well mav fans cant say that dirk doesnt flop either, plus for a majority jumpshooter he can still have games where he goes to the line more times than the opponets team or close to it(yes he actually did this like 2 or 3 times during the playoffs)

The only thing now that bugs me about that series is that the spurs had 2 consecutive games where one of their 2 best players was taken out of the game with 2 min or less due to fouling out. Those 2 games where basically handed to the Mavs, atleast when Terry was suspended for game 6 the mavs had time to work out a lineup without him. In fact I dont recall one game in the playoffs that Dirk has fouled out of, is that because he is a Bruce Bowen type defender, HELL NO, thats because he stays away from the contact and tough plays on the defensive end

picnroll
06-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Maun flops sure but he takes a hel of a lot of hits too and he takes a lot of hits with no calls. What is getting really old is Dirk flailing when he goes to the basket and going to the FT line with no contact or contact he initiates. Other guys go in and take hits, Parker, Ginobili, Wade, Maggette and many times with contact get no call. With Dirk, he goes to the basket he'll either get the two, get the FTs or both. Dirk has to be the guy who takes the most FTs with the least true contact in the league. Not Nowitzki's fault but why the hell can't the refs cut the crap out?

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2006, 01:01 PM

Did i just call Manu a pussy flopper yes, but just like Dallas loves their pussy. I'd rather have Manu than not.

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Why wouldn't Dirk shoot from the outside? It's a weapon of his. That's like trying to fault Rodman for just rebounding. It's what they do best.

So you agree he shoots more than drives, thus making him a jumpshooter.

Mavs_man_41
06-13-2006, 01:05 PM

What makes Dirk so good is that he can do both, if you play him too close he will go right by you, if you play off of him he will shoot it. I'll agree though that his strenth is his outside shot.

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Dirk has to be the guy who takes the most FTs with the least true contact in the league.

In YOUR opinion...that's a pretty subjective thing to say. How do you collect stats on "true contact" vs trips to the FT line?

People hate Dirk because he's DAMN GOOD and he knocked out the Spurs this year...and because he plays for CUBAN. Bottom line...

If he played for the Spurs, the fans in SA would love him...

Shank
06-13-2006, 01:06 PM

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/fb118516-8a3f-4838-8d3b-b9d488aa66dc.jpg

He'll do whatever it takes to put the other team away. And as we've see this year, it works.

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2006, 01:07 PM
One drive does not make you a driver, especially when the team gives you the two points.

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 01:08 PM

I didn't realize that that makes him a jumpshooter. Where's the cutoff?? 60/40? 75/25?

A jumpshooter to me doesn't avg the # of FT's that Dirk does...he drives plenty, but is still a badass shooter.

I H8 Mavs Fans
Once again thanks to Mavs fans another thread has gone in an opposite direction as what it was intended for.

LEONARD
One drive does not make you a driver, especially when the team gives you the two points.

One?? huh??? :drunk

The drive at the end of Game 7 was his only drive??

And are you saying that Bowen just let him go???

Mavs_man_41
06-13-2006, 01:09 PM

Just go to youtube, there are plenty of videos all about dirk dunking and driving.

Shank
06-13-2006, 01:10 PM
What is the opposite of a jumpshooter? Doesn't every player take shots from the outside?

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2006, 01:11 PM
I have no intention of wasting my time navigating through Youtube.

ChumpDumper
06-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Everybody flops.

Quit bitching.

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Everybody flops.

Quit bitching.

Don't look at me I conceded Manu was a flopper it's these guys that won't let it go.

ace3g
06-13-2006, 01:13 PM
first of all that shot didnt put the spurs away, the .4 shot is the only picture you can post that says "put the spurs away" the spurs still had 2 chances after that shot; missed layup by manu and a putback by duncan where "questionable" contact was made on both duncan and manu by guess who the Amazing Dirk NoDWitzki plus overtime where they just ran out of steam after fighting back from 20 down, and if the ball in that situation was in the hands josh howard or terry they to would have driven to the lane, what are you suppose to do when down by 3 with less than 24 secs?

so I still find it funny that mavs fans post that picture, its not like that was the game winning layup at the buzzer, even if manu wouldnt have fouled him there the spurs would have only been up by 1 and the mavs would have to foul with probably around 14 to 16 secs left, who knows what would have happened, the mavs might have won in regulation, or the spurs would have made their fts and won the game. But no one knows so stop posting that picture it doesnt say much other than "game tying layup"

Kori Ellis
06-13-2006, 01:14 PM
This season, 82% of Dirk's shots were jumpshots. So he's a jumpshooter. And a damn good one.

Next.

I H8 Mavs Fans
06-13-2006, 01:15 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~beb0183/hijacker_1.JPG

Kori Ellis
06-13-2006, 01:16 PM
60% of Manu's shots were jumpshots.
38% were Close shots.
2% were Dunks.
1% were Tips.

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2006, 01:16 PM
I didn't realize that that makes him a jumpshooter. Where's the cutoff?? 60/40? 75/25?

A jumpshooter to me doesn't avg the # of FT's that Dirk does...he drives plenty, but is still a badass shooter.

This season, 82% of Dirk's shots were jumpshots. So he's a jumpshooter. And a damn good one.

82/18 sounds like a good cutoff.

ace3g
06-13-2006, 01:17 PM
One?? huh??? :drunk

The drive at the end of Game 7 was his only drive??

And are you saying that Bowen just let him go???

duhhh the coaches told the players not to foul(manu) all bowen did was get close enough to him to bother the layup, so yes bowen did let him go. If spurs were trying to stop the play the would have had duncan waiting under the basket to swat that ball away but they were told not to foul so everyone stayed away and even before manu went for the block he was on the far left baseline of the court, so it was basically Dirk driving the middle of the lane with no one in front of him except for bowen who was there just to make sure he didnt get a wide open layup

picnroll
06-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Points inside:
Nowitzki - 18%
Duncan - 44%
Ginobili - 40%
Parker - 49%
Bowen - 15%

So Dirk takes it to the basket about as high a percentage of times as that other noted inside scorer Bruce Bowen.

Mavs_man_41
06-13-2006, 01:19 PM

Next.

Where did you get this stat? I was thinking it was closer to 70% jumpshots.

Kori Ellis
06-13-2006, 01:19 PM
82games.com

Best place to get all the stats broken down in every way possible.

picnroll
06-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Bowen didn't let him go. Bowen got hooked.

Mavs_man_41
06-13-2006, 01:21 PM
82games.com

Best place to get all the stats broken down in every way possible.

That's cool i've never been there. Hard to argue with the numbers. I wasn't calling you a liar just wondering where you got it.

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2006, 01:24 PM
*crickets*

ace3g
06-13-2006, 01:24 PM
Bowen didn't let him go. Bowen got hooked.

Basically he did and did the right thing because he was told not to foul, and do you think the refs would have allowed bowen to play his tough defense with less than 24 secs on Dirk.

Again Bowen was infront of dirk to challenge the shot without fouling, hence why no one else was around the basket to prevent the basket, so yeah the layup was basically given to dirk on that play and again was the right thing to do when up by 3 with less than 24 secs to go in the game

Mavs_man_41
06-13-2006, 01:25 PM
*crickets*

Still doesn't prove anything. Dirks a great shooter and likes to stay outside. Still doesn't mean he's 1 dimensional and can't drive. He can get to the hole as well as anyone when he wants.

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Still doesn't prove anything. Dirks a great shooter and likes to stay outside. Still doesn't mean he's 1 dimensional and can't drive. He can get to the hole as well as anyone when he wants.

Proves he doesn't have the same amount of bruises that a player as agressive as Manu would have which was what this whole conversation was about.

ChumpDumper
06-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Still doesn't prove anything. Dirks a great shooter and likes to stay outside.That's exactly what it proved, doofus.

And both are floppers.

Manu just has more opportunties to flop.

Mavs_man_41
06-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Proves he doesn't have the same amount of bruises that a player as agressive as Manu would have which was what this whole conversation was about.

Actually the conversation was about manu being a flopper, which you all admitted after Kori agreed.

picnroll
06-13-2006, 01:33 PM
Basically he did and did the right thing because he was told not to foul, and do you think the refs would have allowed bowen to play his tough defense with less than 24 secs on Dirk.

Again Bowen was infront of dirk to challenge the shot without fouling, hence why no one else was around the basket to prevent the basket, so yeah the layup was basically given to dirk on that play and again was the right thing to do when up by 3 with less than 24 secs to go in the game Bowen was on him to keep him form getting an easy basket, particularly going to the basket. Dirk can't get by Bowen, Bowen's laterla movement is far too good for Dirk. Nowitzki got by Bowen becasue he hooked him and went baseline. That's the point. Refs let the hook go.

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Actually the conversation was about manu being a flopper, which you all admitted after Kori agreed.

2. Manu has bruises all over his body to show for his play. -And you would know this how? Every player takes a beating over the course of a game.

Jumpshooters don't

Are people still calling Dirk a jumpshooter? Seriously...

etc.

picnroll
06-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Point was it's pretty hypocritical of Cuban to be mocking guys for flopping with Dirk on his team. But with Cuban no surprise there.

I H8 Mavs Fans
06-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Point was it's pretty hypocritical of Cuban to be mocking guys for flopping with Dirk on his team. But with Cuban no surprise there.

It's not Cuban's fault, when you're born a douchebag that kind of behavior is unavoidable.

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 01:39 PM
82%...higher than I expected. I guess he's technically a jumpshooter then...

but he certainly drives to the basket more than he did a couple years ago...

Nowitzki got by Bowen becasue he hooked him and went baseline. That's the point. Refs let the hook go.

So should Mavs fans add Dirk's dirty fish-hook to the list of no-calls that were gifts for the Mavs??? :lol

Cuban = GENIUS

picnroll
06-13-2006, 01:42 PM
So should Mavs fans add Dirk's dirty fish-hook to the list of no-calls that were gifts for the Mavs??? :lol

Nah. Hooks happen and players get away with them. I am a little annoyed though that Dirk was able to commit three fouls in the last 20 seconds of regulation and the refs swalllowed the whistle on every one of them.

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Nah. Hooks happen and players get away with them. I am a little annoyed though that Dirk was able to commit three fouls in the last 20 seconds of regulation and the refs swalllowed the whistle on every one of them.

LOL...3...alright... :drunk

picnroll
06-13-2006, 01:48 PM
1. Hook on Bowen
2. Manu went up for the layup an Dirk pulled him from behind backward grabbing Manu's right shoulder.
3. Came over the back of Duncan hitting Duncan on the top of the head with his arm on the putback attempt.

Don't believe me watch a replay.

I H8 Mavs Fans
06-13-2006, 01:51 PM
1. Hook on Bowen
2. Manu went up for the layup an Dirk pulled him from behind backward grabbing Manu's right shoulder.
3. Came over the back of Duncan hitting Duncan on the top of the head with his arm on the putback attempt.

Yes but none of those were jumpshots

kalikot_boy_kr
06-13-2006, 01:58 PM
hahahahhah funny moron mavs fan! manu give u a gift!! u are in the series bec of manu!!!!! hahhaha! u fucking idiot!!

kalikot_boy_kr
06-13-2006, 01:59 PM
hahhahahha! u mavs fan must simply admit that manu is the ruling over you..hahhaha!

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 02:06 PM
1. Hook on Bowen

I've watched several times...

1. Lame...like they'd ever call that, especially at that time.
2. Didn't see a foul by anyone on Manu.
3. Had Duncan caught the ball cleanly and gone right back up, he might've gotten the call. Way too much fumbling around / chaos to get a call...

hahhahahha! u mavs fan must simply admit that manu is the ruling over you..hahhaha!

kalikot_boy_kr = picnroll

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2006, 02:07 PM

1. Lame...like they'd ever call that, especially at that time.

And that's different than the touch foul in gamefour because?

picnroll
06-13-2006, 02:12 PM

2. Didn't see a foul by anyone on Manu.

kalikot_boy_kr = picnroll
Let me help you. Look for Manu in the air on the left side trying to put a shot in off the glass over Diop. Look for Dirk behind Manu. Look for Dirk's right arm reaching out and his hand grabbing Manu's shoulder from behind pulling Manu backwards. I can't make it any simpler than that for you troll boy.

They were missed, blown, overlooked but they were all fouls by the book.

DarrinS
06-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Ginobilli isn't even in the top 10 of "floppers"

Rank Team Player Off.Fouls Drawn
1 PHO Bell 76
2 CHI Nocioni 67
3 MIL Bogut 65
4 UTA Collins 63
5 GSW Dunleavy 63
6 DET B.Wallace 50
7 NJN Krstic 50
8 GSW Fisher 49
9 NOK Mason 49
10 MEM Battier 48
11 SAS Ginobili 48
12 TOR Peterson 48
13 CHI Hinrich 46
14 PHI Iverson 44
15 TOR Bosh 43
16 WAS Daniels 41
17 NJN Collins 39
18 SAS Bowen 39
19 NOK Claxton 38
20 WAS Haywood 36

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 02:56 PM
And that's different than the touch foul in gamefour because?

Hack on the arm does not = a "touch foul"...

Let me help you. Look for Manu in the air on the left side trying to put a shot in off the glass over Diop. Look for Dirk behind Manu. Look for Dirk's right arm reaching out and his hand grabbing Manu's shoulder from behind pulling Manu backwards. I can't make it any simpler than that for you troll boy.

They were missed, blown, overlooked but they were all fouls by the book.

LOL...you're the first I've heard saying that Dirk grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back. First I've heard about the infamous hook too...

Sorry, didn't see it in the replays I saw. Must've been a bad angle...maybe you can link me to an angle that shows Dirk clearly grabbing his shoulder and pulling him back??? :lol

DarrinS
06-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Hack on the arm does not = a "touch foul"...

LOL...you're the first I've heard saying that Dirk grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back. First I've heard about the infamous hook too...

Sorry, didn't see it in the replays I saw. Must've been a bad angle...maybe you can link me to an angle that shows Dirk clearly grabbing his shoulder and pulling him back??? :lol

Actually, Dirk appears to foul both Ginobilli AND Duncan on the last posession, but who gives a crap? We shouldn't have even been in a position to have to make a last second shot.

George Gervin's Afro
06-13-2006, 03:08 PM

1 PHO Bell 76
2 CHI Nocioni 67
3 MIL Bogut 65
4 UTA Collins 63
5 GSW Dunleavy 63
6 DET B.Wallace 50
7 NJN Krstic 50
8 GSW Fisher 49
9 NOK Mason 49
10 MEM Battier 48
11 SAS Ginobili 48
12 TOR Peterson 48
13 CHI Hinrich 46
14 PHI Iverson 44
15 TOR Bosh 43
16 WAS Daniels 41
17 NJN Collins 39
18 SAS Bowen 39
19 NOK Claxton 38
20 WAS Haywood 36

Why did you have to do this to mav fans..

ok now I will brace myself for the "mavs are WCF" champions onslaught

Shank
06-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Required reading for picnroll...

http://www.mqup.mcgill.ca/images/books/swanson_lg.jpg

Shank
06-13-2006, 03:11 PM

Those stats do nothing to negate the perception. You really think anyone is calling out fucking Krstic for being a flopper?

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Actually, Dirk appears to foul both Ginobilli AND Duncan on the last posession, but who gives a crap? We shouldn't have even been in a position to have to make a last second shot.

A lot of things "appeared to" happen in the eyes of Spurs fans...it's a natural thing that happens when your team loses...

Drawing charges is not the only criteria for being a flopper...

Kori Ellis
06-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Spurs fans who can't admit Manu is one of the biggest floppers in the league are hysterical. Do you watch him play? It's not a criticism.

td4mvp21
06-13-2006, 03:15 PM
I think one of the reasons Dirk gets a lot of fouls is because the Mavs ALWAYS ALWAYS run pick n rolls and Dirk's defender gets matched up with a guard (which isn't a big deal if your the Spurs :lol) and a smaller defender guards Dirk and ends up fouling when trying to defend. It happens everytime.

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Spurs fans who can't admit Manu is one of the biggest floppers in the league are hysterical. Do you watch him play? It's not a criticism.

I think one of the reasons Dirk gets a lot of fouls is because the Mavs ALWAYS ALWAYS run pick n rolls and Dirk's defender gets matched up with a guard (which isn't a big deal if your the Spurs :lol) and a smaller defender guards Dirk and ends up fouling when trying to defend. It happens everytime.

Please don't infiltrate this thread with sound thoughts and logic... :smokin

BigD1
06-13-2006, 03:25 PM

I guess Cuban is just trying to say, if you grow up to be a Mavfan you'll be a fucking prick. Just like him. Cuban = awesome role model for children.Yeah, and Horry's "ear bitin' ass" is a perfect role model too right. Or how about Bowen's "kickin' people in the back ass". Or how about the SA fans who cussed and verbally harrassed Cuban's pregnant wife at the AT&T. Or how about the several photo work shops created on this forum suggesting that Dirk and Nash are booty buddies. Trust me guys, there are rotten fans in every city, on every forum, for every team.
In Cuban's defense, several SA fans called in the radio station and fired at Cuban about his player's, his organization, and the city of Dallas. Cuban responded diligently at first, but decided to fire back after several abusive, harsh and demeaning comments. And all he said was,"I hope we kick their butts all the way back to that dirty muddy water they call the RiverWalk". Get over it. That comment was corny and dorky just like Cuban is. Why is that so offensive. But anyway, Cuban is just the owner with a colorful personality. Who gives a fuck what he says, really.
U guys need to get over that series. It's done and over with. Y'all have been the epitomy of Success and Class in Texas for a long time. Now it's time for another Texas team to do the same. Nothin wrong with that. U guys will still be one of the teams to beat next year. Quit being so fuckin bitter. Have a nice day.

DarrinS
06-13-2006, 03:26 PM

Ofcourse he does. He's a smart player. But it's no different than Dirk getting grazed on his wrist while taking a jump shot and reacting like a cattle prod was shot up his rear. Dirk is a smart player too.

The only difference is, one is on the offensive side and one is on the defensive side. I guess on the offensive side it would be called "flailing".

Another one of my favorites is when a perimeter shooter waits for a defender to get into the air and then leaps into the defender. I believe JET did this during game 5 to foul out Manu. Dallas has this down to a fine art, as witnessed by several "rare" four point plays against Miami.

Shank
06-13-2006, 03:28 PM
This thread sucks balls. We're getting into the same old shit that's been thrown back and forth for almost a month now.

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Ofcourse he does. He's a smart player. But it's no different than Dirk getting grazed on his wrist while taking a jump shot and reacting like a cattle prod was shot up his rear. Dirk is a smart player too.

The only difference is, one is on the offensive side and one is on the defensive side. I guess on the offensive side it would be called "flailing".

Another one of my favorites is when a perimeter shooter waits for a defender to get into the air and then leaps into the defender. I believe JET did this during game 5 to foul out Manu. Dallas has this down to a fine art, as witnessed by several "rare" four point plays against Miami.

WTF??

Both of those 4 pt plays were due to the defender running over the shooter AFTER the shot. It had NOTHING to do with kicking out a leg or leaning in to the defender. It was BAD DEFENSE.

Waiting for a defender to get in the air and then going thru with your normal shot (or leaning a little) is smart basketball and BAD defense. Doing that and hitting a 3 pointer is TOUGH and NOT what the Mavs did on either play. What are you talking about??? :lol

What I have a problem with is when a shooter kicks out a leg (ie, Reggie Miller) to draw contact, which I'm pretty sure I recall Manu doing in the Mavs series.

And Dirk certainly doesn't act like he gets hit with a cattle prod after getting hit on the arm on a jumpshot....what are you talking about?? Again, that's bad defense and should be called EVERY time...

ChumpDumper
06-13-2006, 03:40 PM
This thread sucks balls. We're getting into the same old shit that's been thrown back and forth for almost a month now.

DarrinS
06-13-2006, 04:08 PM
WTF??

Both of those 4 pt plays were due to the defender running over the shooter AFTER the shot. It had NOTHING to do with kicking out a leg or leaning in to the defender. It was BAD DEFENSE.

I may be wrong about those specific 4 point plays. I was only watching out of the corner of my eye. It's not exactly watchable basketball.

And Dirk certainly doesn't act like he gets hit with a cattle prod after getting hit on the arm on a jumpshot....what are you talking about?? Again, that's bad defense and should be called EVERY time...

Ok, maybe not a cattle prod. Taser gun?

~Sweetmelody~
06-13-2006, 04:08 PM
I am actually proud of Manu, Dallas Respects him that much- they made a video of him! Go Manu! :elephant

He does not flop! He just err..... well he gets pushed around....yup
That's my story. :angel

Actually, he is sooooo good, you can't tell if he is or isn't or at least I can't ;) :lol

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 04:30 PM
I may be wrong about those specific 4 point plays. I was only watching out of the corner of my eye. It's not exactly watchable basketball.

Ok, maybe not a cattle prod. Taser gun?

I see...so you're making claims about about something you didn't even watch... :smokin

and now you're bagging on the quality of the finals since your team is out. Sweet... :drunk

I do agree that both games have been sloppy, but it's certainly watchable, especially as a Mavs fan :lol

Mavs_man_41
06-13-2006, 04:35 PM

1 PHO Bell 76
2 CHI Nocioni 67
3 MIL Bogut 65
4 UTA Collins 63
5 GSW Dunleavy 63
6 DET B.Wallace 50
7 NJN Krstic 50
8 GSW Fisher 49
9 NOK Mason 49
10 MEM Battier 48
11 SAS Ginobili 48
12 TOR Peterson 48
13 CHI Hinrich 46
14 PHI Iverson 44
15 TOR Bosh 43
16 WAS Daniels 41
17 NJN Collins 39
18 SAS Bowen 39
19 NOK Claxton 38
20 WAS Haywood 36

Hey retard Ginobili is in the top 10, he's tied for #10 with battier.

Kori Ellis
06-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Drawing Charges doesn't exactly equal Flopping.

Manu is at least in the top 3 floppers.

FromWayDowntown
06-13-2006, 04:43 PM
I am actually proud of Manu, Dallas Respects him that much- they made a video of him! Go Manu!

Sitting in the AAC during Game 3, that's exactly what I said to my companions -- you have to be awfully good to get another franchise to make video clips dedicated to you.

ace3g
06-13-2006, 04:45 PM
I love how mav fans are still ignorant and cant except the truth,

1. Dirk flops, flails just as much as manu does

2. Dirk can have games where he shoots more free throws then the entire other team(especially odd for a 82 % jumpshooter)

3. Couldnt see the 2 fouls at the end of game 7(dirk fouling manu after the layup attempt and one by dirk on Duncans putback), just because they won the game and choose not to "see" those fouls even when they are clear on the replay (just because a ref doesnt call it doesnt mean it wasnt a foul)

4. Yes you won the series but you didnt dominate the spurs

5. "Hack on the arm does not = a "touch foul"..."? so what does that mean a player such as dirk can get away with a hack but a "touch foul" by manu will be called, I guess ignorance is the best blindness when you win a playoff series

6. showing pictures of the dirk layup doesnt prove anything, that didnt decide the game

7. Spurs will be back in '07 they still have their core together (I'll laugh if the mavs lose Terry to Free Agency)

DarrinS
06-13-2006, 04:45 PM
I see...so you're making claims about about something you didn't even watch... :smokin

and now you're bagging on the quality of the finals since your team is out. Sweet... :drunk

I do agree that both games have been sloppy, but it's certainly watchable, especially as a Mavs fan :lol

Hopefully, the basketball gods will be merciful and make this a sweep.

Drawing Charges doesn't exactly equal Flopping.

Manu is at least in the top 3 floppers.

Man, that was pretty harsh. Sure, he flops every now and then, but I've also seen him get steamrolled by some big guys. He's no softy. I'd rather have him take a charge (or a flop, if you prefer), than be a matador (Dirk).

picnroll
06-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Manu may be top three in flopping but Dirk is number one in flailing and stumbling through the lane like he got tripped.

Kori Ellis
06-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Man, that was pretty harsh. Sure, he flops every now and then, but I've also seen him get steamrolled by some big guys. He's no softy. I'd rather have him take a charge (or a flop, if you prefer), than be a matador (Dirk).

I don't know why the word flopping offends people.

Flopping doesn't mean anything other than he exaggerates (or fabricates) contact to try to get a foul. Manu does it on both ends of the court and he does it constantly. Yes he takes a lot of hard contact too. But to not realize how much he flops is crazy.

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Dirk is the man...

Cuban is the man...

Terry is going NOWHERE...

Kori rules...

The Mavs / Spurs series was a coin flip. Can't wait for '06-'07...

Kori Ellis
06-13-2006, 04:53 PM
Manu may be top three in flopping but Dirk is number one in flailing and stumbling through the lane like he got tripped.

Yeah I already said earlier that Dirk flails quite a bit.

Shank
06-13-2006, 04:53 PM

Fine, whatever. It still won't change anything.

nbascribe
06-13-2006, 04:55 PM
I don't know why the word flopping offends people.

Flopping doesn't mean anything other than he exaggerates (or fabricates) contact to try to get a foul. Manu does it on both ends of the court and he does it constantly. Yes he takes a lot of hard contact too. But to not realize how much he flops is crazy.

See one of the biggest problems why we ain't in the Finals is because Manu cut his hair too short. He needs to go back to the long hair look so that when he flops, the refs can "see" the fouls.

strangeweather
06-13-2006, 05:28 PM
One stat I would love someone to explain:

According to 82games, only 18% of Dirk's shots are from inside. He drew fouls on a whopping 12.3% of his shots.

http://www.82games.com/0506/05DAL12A.HTM

Is he drawing a ton of fouls on jumpshots? Is he drawing fouls more than 50% of the time he goes inside?

Before anyone attacks: I'm not criticizing Dirk. I'm just trying to make sense of this apparently bizarre stat.

Kori Ellis
06-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Brad Miller drew fouls on 13.7% of his shots and he's primarily a jumpshooter too. I'm not sure 12.3% of Dirk's is an astronomical number. Is it?

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 05:34 PM

According to 82games, only 18% of Dirk's shots are from inside. He drew fouls on a whopping 12.3% of his shots.

Is he drawing a ton of fouls on jumpshots? Is he drawing fouls more than 50% of the time he goes inside?

Before anyone attacks: I'm not criticizing Dirk. I'm just trying to make sense of this apparently bizarre stat.

It's probably a combo of a couple things...

1. His jumpshot is tough to defend and defenders overcommit on pump fakes or overextend and get a piece of him when he's shooting

2. He gets fouled a lot when he drives

Hard to say really...

picnroll
06-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Dirk has a lot of Reggie Miller in his game.

Shank
06-13-2006, 05:42 PM
How so?

I can't believe I'm wanting an answer from you. Sad.

picnroll
06-13-2006, 05:46 PM
I can believe I'm not going to answer you so see if you can figure it out.

strangeweather
06-13-2006, 05:52 PM
Brad Miller drew fouls on 13.7% of his shots and he's primarily a jumpshooter too. I'm not sure 12.3% of Dirk's is an astronomical number. Is it?
Miller took 25% of his shots from inside, which is a few more than Dirk, but point taken.

Some other jump shooters, for comparison:

Damon Jones: 93% JS, 5.3% DF
Bowen: 85% JS, 5.3% DF
Terry: 84% JS, 6.2% DF
Stackhouse: 80% JS, 11.2% DF
Szczerbiak: 78% JS, 10.0% DF
Peja: 77% JS, 8.3% DF
Mike Miller: 77% JS, 9.0% DF
Hedo: 76% JS, 10.3% DF
Rip: 75% JS, 8.2% DF

Dirk's ability to get to the line isn't without comparison, but it's still reallly high, relative to this sample.

td4mvp21
06-13-2006, 05:55 PM
It's probably a combo of a couple things...

1. His jumpshot is tough to defend and defenders overcommit on pump fakes or overextend and get a piece of him when he's shooting

HEY YOU SAID NO LOGIC.

Kori Ellis
06-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Miller took 25% of his shots from inside, which is a few more than Dirk, but point taken.

Some other jump shooters, for comparison:

Damon Jones: 93% JS, 5.3% DF
Bowen: 85% JS, 5.3% DF
Terry: 84% JS, 6.2% DF
Stackhouse: 80% JS, 11.2% DF
Szczerbiak: 78% JS, 10.0% DF
Peja: 77% JS, 8.3% DF
Mike Miller: 77% JS, 9.0% DF
Hedo: 76% JS, 10.3% DF
Rip: 75% JS, 8.2% DF

Dirk's ability to get to the line isn't without comparison, but it's still reallly high, relative to this sample.

Most of those guys are all relatively small. I pulled Brad Miller because he's another big who hangs on the perimeter.

I'd say Dirk gets fouled because he creates mismatches and is difficult to guard.

FromWayDowntown
06-13-2006, 06:01 PM

I'd be curious if the calculation of shot attempts in the distance classification equals the shot attempts in the fouls drawn category.

For statistical purposes, if a player is fouled on a shooting attempt, he is credited with a FGA only if he makes the shot. The fouls drawn statistic accounts for that by adding in the number of times a player was fouled in the act of shooting -- in Dirk's case, another 225 FGA over his official number of attempts during the regular season (82 games calculates fouls drawn on 1789 shot attempts; according to the NBA, Dirk had 1564 FGA during this past season).

If the 82games number for calculating the percentage of shots taken from various ranges doesn't include the number of times the player was fouled in the act, then I'm not sure that you can ever really square those numbers.

strangeweather
06-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Most of those guys are all relatively small. I pulled Brad Miller because he's another big who hangs on the perimeter.

I'd say Dirk gets fouled because he creates mismatches and is difficult to guard.
Fair enough. There's no question that he's by far the best of any of those guys, and the Spurs can certainly attest to the difficulty of guarding him.

DubMcDub
06-13-2006, 06:02 PM
The "Mamas dont let your babies grow up to be ____" is played at every game at the AAC. I like how some of you are taking it so personally though.

strangeweather
06-13-2006, 06:04 PM
I'd be curious if the calculation of shot attempts in the distance classification equals the shot attempts in the fouls drawn category.

For statistical purposes, if a player is fouled on a shooting attempt, he is credited with a FGA only if he makes the shot. The fouls drawn statistic accounts for that by adding in the number of times a player was fouled in the act of shooting -- in Dirk's case, another 225 FGA over his official number of attempts during the regular season (82 games calculates fouls drawn on 1789 shot attempts; according to the NBA, Dirk had 1564 FGA during this past season).

If the 82games number for calculating the percentage of shots taken from various ranges doesn't include the number of times the player was fouled in the act, then I'm not sure that you can ever really square those numbers.
Nice catch. :tu

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 06:08 PM
HEY YOU SAID NO LOGIC.

I did, didn't I?? :drunk

Once again Kori comes thru with the real answer :fro

DubMcDub
06-13-2006, 06:10 PM

:worthy:

The exact same reason Duncan and every other great player in the NBA get fouled a lot--because they are better than the person guarding them (usually).

td4mvp21
06-13-2006, 06:11 PM
I did, didn't I?? :drunk

Once again Kori comes thru with the real answer :fro

Yep and I even said exactly what you wanted to hear too. :cuss

sabar
06-14-2006, 12:17 AM
You'd be an idiot to not try to fabricate contact and draw charges in the NBA. It denies the other team an easy bucket as most of them are charges through the paint. Not only that but the defenders get possession. Every player knows this and every single one will try to draw a charge and get fouled. Manu loses his balance on purpose when he's touched and Dirk flails like he's having a seizure to draw contact. Nothing new. Yes, some consider it dirty play as you are essentially lying or making fouls that didn't exist, but it's part of the game and always will be.

I'm glad we have a top ten flopper. More points for us.

ace3g
06-14-2006, 12:53 AM
I present the one the only the only, the Flailing/Flopping Dirk Nowitzki

aka Karl Malone
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-57540056mw050_nba_finals_ga_12_11_42_am.jpg

aka Reggie Miller
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-57540056bc141_nba_finalsg3_12_10_25_am.jpg

aka the Cry Baby (Barely even touched, just whining for the foul)
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-bkn-finals-heat-mavericks_11_11_53_pm.jpg

aka awkward shooter to get phantom calls
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-57540056db091_nbafinals_g3_1_08_07_am.jpg

oh and these were thrown in for good fun
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-57540056db092_nbafinals_g3_1_07_24_am.jpg
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-57540056db088_nbafinals_g3_1_07_56_am.jpg

Amarelooms
06-14-2006, 12:57 AM
Lol he is neither flailing nor flopping in any of those plays. So sad to stoop to this low level.....

Shank
06-14-2006, 12:57 AM
Cool...got any pictures of the Spurs playing tonight?

ace3g
06-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Lol he is neither flailing nor flopping in any of those plays. So sad to stoop to this low level.....

yes he is flailing in those pictures, did you see him shooting tonight on like 9 occassions during the game he shot awkwardly(not his normal form) in hope someone would hit him in the leg

That is what we mean by how he flops/flails on the offensive end(because it would never occur on the defensive end, considering he doesnt play defense) so that he can get the refs attention and the refs buy into it,

manu does it on the defensive end but atleast he takes the contact first

Shank
06-14-2006, 01:03 AM
Whatever floats your boat, dude.

ace3g
06-14-2006, 01:04 AM
Cool...got any pictures of the Spurs playing tonight?

nope dont have pictures of them playing tonight, but I have 3 Larry O'Briens I can post if you like

ace3g
06-14-2006, 01:04 AM
I atleast admit that manu "flops" you should do the same with dirk's "flopping"

angel_luv
06-14-2006, 09:17 AM
I still remember that time I got to see Gino in the Terrace Club for that Hallmark orientation he helped host.

Gino went around the room signing autographs for everybody. When he got to my table, Gino decided he wanted to sit down.

I'll never forget how he flopped right down into the chair next to me... :lol

LEONARD
06-15-2006, 04:23 PM
yes he is flailing in those pictures, did you see him shooting tonight on like 9 occassions during the game he shot awkwardly(not his normal form) in hope someone would hit him in the leg

That is what we mean by how he flops/flails on the offensive end(because it would never occur on the defensive end, considering he doesnt play defense) so that he can get the refs attention and the refs buy into it,

manu does it on the defensive end but atleast he takes the contact first

Like 9 times? Whoa dude.

Ever heard of an OFF-BALANCE SHOT? If you don't kick a leg out you'll bust your ass...it's called physics.

I present the one the only the only, the Flailing/Flopping Dirk Nowitzki

aka Karl Malone
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-57540056mw050_nba_finals_ga_12_11_42_am.jpg

So Haslem hits him across the arm and you could argue for a blocking foul too, but this was supposed to be a no-call and Dirk is just "flailing" trying to get a call?? Nevermind the fact that he's going in for a freakin' layup dude!! :wtf

As far as the rest of your pictures go, congrats...you picked out some off balance shots. He can and does hit those quite often. It's got NOTHING to do with trying to draw a foul with leg contact like Reggie Miller use to do as the defender ran PAST him on his follow-thru...

And the picture of him making a weird face (which you tagged as him "crying" for a foul) proves what exactly? It looks to me like he's about to go up for a shot. Everybody makes weird faces when they play...you make NO sense man...

nope dont have pictures of them playing tonight, but I have 3 Larry O'Briens I can post if you like

I'd love to see a picture of YOUR trophy... :lol

ace3g
06-15-2006, 04:45 PM
that wasnt a flailing play I was talking about hence why it is labeled Karl Malone because he is going to the basket with this knee extended outward just like Malone would attack the basket

and second, there were a few occassions where Dirk was wide open and he would shoot awkwardly, they werent off balance shots, he was spotting up and on his release he was kicking his leg and flailing his arms all over the place after the release, plus not to mention evertime he drives to the line he stumbles around trying to get the refs attention

oh and did I ever once say I would post a picture of my trophy, I recall saying "I have 3 Larry O'Briens I can post if you like" as in 3 NBA Championship trophy pictures considering you were talking about how I couldnt post any pictures of the spurs playing tonight.

but since mav fans are so ignorant this is for you ......

Yes, I cant post pictures of the spurs playing tonight considering they were eliminated by the mavs in game 7 but I do have 3 pictures of the spurs hoisting 3 Larry O'Brien trophies

http://k43.pbase.com/u9/trrsranch/upload/12879302.SpursDavidTimTrophys.jpg
http://misheli.image.pbase.com/u/trrsranch/upload/39403.1_The_Ring.jpg

http://k41.pbase.com/u30/trrsranch/upload/18552526.SpursTimDaveRaisedHigh
http://i.pbase.com/u36/trrsranch/upload/23547379.Spurs2003NBAChampionshipRing.jpg

http://i.pbase.com/o2/45/345/1/52111868.2005NBAChampsTimwithbothtrophies.jpg
http://k43.pbase.com/o2/45/345/1/52561865.2005NBAChampionSpursRing.jpg

Mavs Championships = ?

ace3g
06-15-2006, 04:47 PM
also I would post video of those situations in the game where dirk is flailing or not flailing but you cant post nba game video on these sites due to copyright I was going to make a video hightlight of the times where dirk flails his arms and legs while shooting so that way I'm dont have to describe the plays through typing which is really hard to do without evidence which is why I'm going to stop arguing

LEONARD
06-15-2006, 04:58 PM
that wasnt a flailing play I was talking about hence why it is labeled Karl Malone because he is going to the basket with this knee extended outward just like Malone would attack the basket

and second, there were a few occassions where Dirk was wide open and he would shoot awkwardly, they werent off balance shots, he was spotting up and on his release he was kicking his leg and flailing his arms all over the place after the release, plus not to mention evertime he drives to the line he stumbles around trying to get the refs attention

oh and did I ever once say I would post a picture of my trophy, I recall saying "I have 3 Larry O'Briens I can post if you like" as in 3 NBA Championship trophy pictures considering you were talking about how I couldnt post any pictures of the spurs playing tonight.

but since mav fans are so ignorant this is for you ......

Yes, I cant post pictures of the spurs playing tonight considering they were eliminated by the mavs in game 7 but I do have 3 pictures of the spurs hoisting 3 Larry O'Brien trophies

Gotcha...add driving to the hoop with a knee up to the list... :lmao

You said "I have 3 Larry O'Briens I can post if you like" so I asked to see YOUR trophy since you said "I" instead of "THE SPURS have..."

2/6 on the pics isn't bad...

also I would post video of those situations in the game where dirk is flailing or not flailing but you cant post nba game video on these sites due to copyright I was going to make a video hightlight of the times where dirk flails his arms and legs while shooting so that way I'm dont have to describe the plays through typing which is really hard to do without evidence which is why I'm going to stop arguing

Yes, please stop... :drunk