PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys DE Greg Ellis refuses to attend practices

Chris
06-13-2006, 07:26 AM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=ABA29D50-F710-9C2B-E73587EB56742553

I for one am tired of Ellis' crap which he has been pulling since the start of the offseason. As good as he is, it might be time to trade this guy. I would rather have Coleman getting more playing time anyways.

strangeweather
06-13-2006, 03:25 PM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=ABA29D50-F710-9C2B-E73587EB56742553

I for one am tired of Ellis' crap which he has been pulling since the start of the offseason. As good as he is, it might be time to trade this guy. I would rather have Coleman getting more playing time anyways.
He wants to be traded.

For a nine-year veteran defensive end who is being moved to linebacker for the first time and who is probably going to be cut after this season despite having 3 more years on his contract, I think his attitude is pretty understandable.

Mixability
06-13-2006, 03:38 PM
isn't TO supposed to being doing this? :lol

kskonn
06-13-2006, 04:51 PM
He wants to be traded.

For a nine-year veteran defensive end who is being moved to linebacker for the first time and who is probably going to be cut after this season despite having 3 more years on his contract, I think his attitude is pretty understandable.

I agree. I don't think what he is asking is unreasonable. The guy is not asking for more money, just for more to be guaranteed.

I know i would feel the same if someone asked me to do a job that I was not familiar with and asked me to have all the risk on my side of the table.

leemajors
06-13-2006, 04:53 PM
He wants to be traded.

them's the breaks, you can be cut at any time in the NFL. but they should trade him if he wants out that bad.

Kori Ellis
06-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Damn Ellis men.

scott
06-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Very disappointed in Ellis, who has been a class act since Day 1.

But Kenyon Coleman, Chris? Are you serious? We have much better options at DE than that guy, and he certainly isn't up to Ellis's level.

kskonn
06-13-2006, 10:55 PM
by the way to clear things up, he does not want to be traded, he wants them to guarantee part of his remaining 4 year contract since they are asking him to make a move. Being 30ish he is worried that he will not be able to sign a good free agent contract if he is released for having a sub par year at his new position.

Mr Dio
06-14-2006, 07:18 PM
Canty?

Obstructed_View
06-19-2006, 07:03 AM
by the way to clear things up, he does not want to be traded, he wants them to guarantee part of his remaining 4 year contract since they are asking him to make a move. Being 30ish he is worried that he will not be able to sign a good free agent contract if he is released for having a sub par year at his new position.
He said he wanted to be traded last week in the Star Telegram. Ellis is sitting out of voluntary practices while his agent tries to get him a trade. He says he'll attend all mandatory events and training camp.

TheTruth
06-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Ellis for Lelie????

windboy226
06-22-2006, 02:33 AM
I heard him on Norm and it seems pretty reasonable. I wish the Cowboys would guarantee him a little more money. Parcells is asking him to do something he hasn't done before(and he's 31 now so he only has a few years left). He's willing to stay if the Cowboys show a little more committment to him or he wants to be traded if they can't. Seems pretty simple. Ellis has actually been pretty classy about this.

mardigan
06-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Ellis is a great player, but with our depth at end he knows that he doesnt have many bargaining chips. Yeah he had 8 sacks lats year, but I think the combo of Canty, Spears and Hatcher will be just fine. You didnt hear Andre Carter or Vrabel bitch when they were moved

Eric Dampier
07-13-2006, 04:38 PM
yeah i dont have a problem with it. as long as they get the contract straightened out he'll stop complaining.