View Full Version : Jermaine Taylor vs Winky Wright

Brutalis
06-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Saturday, June 17th
FEDEX FORUMS, Memphis TN

Taylor 25-0, 17KOs, WBO, WBA, WBC Middleweight Champ
Wright 50-3, 25KOs

_ _ _ _ _

My BOY JERMAINE is going to have the fans on his side being right next to his home state of Arkansas. He trained in Detroit where Holmes, Ali and Marciono trained which is very privledged.

Taylor wins by KO in the 7th.

2centsworth
06-13-2006, 01:32 PM
Winky is going to be a tough out. Rooting for Jermaine but wouldn't be surprised if Winky wins.

My prediction Taylor by decision.

tlongII
06-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Should be a very good fight. I would bet that it will go the distance.

atxrocker
06-13-2006, 01:44 PM
goddamnit i cant wait for this shit. i got winky in 9. should be a very competitive fight though.

atxrocker
06-13-2006, 01:48 PM
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING:
JERMAIN TAYLOR VS. WINKY WRIGHT
HBO Sports presents a major Middleweight showdown when World Championship Boxing: Jermain Taylor vs. Winky Wright is seen live Saturday, June 17 exclusively on HBO.
May 17, 2006

Two of boxing's most accomplished competitors meet in a major middleweight title showdown when World Championship Boxing: Jermain Taylor vs. Winky Wright is seen live from the FedEx Forum in Memphis on Saturday, June 17 (9:30 p.m. ET/6:30 p.m. PT). The HBO Sports team of Jim Lampley, Larry Merchant and Lennox Lewis will be ringside for the event, which will be closed-captioned for the hearing-impaired and presented in Spanish on HBO Latino.

HBO2 playdates: June 18 (9:00 a.m., 5:30 p.m.) and 20 (11:30 p.m.). Times are ET/PT.

For the past few years, Little Rock native Jermain Taylor (25-0, 17 KOs) has been a rising star. With two victories over middleweight legend Bernard Hopkins in 2005, Taylor, a bronze medalist on the 2000 U.S. Olympic Team, has arrived as one of the sport's most accomplished fighters. How far can the 160-pound world champ take a pro career that has been letter-perfect to date?

Taylor's 26th pro fight just might turn out to be his most difficult challenge. St. Petersburg, Fla. resident Winky Wright (50-3, 25 KOs) has emerged as a top performer in the past few years, soundly defeating, and in some cases demoralizing, his ring opponents. His most recent triumphs include wins over Shane Mosley (twice), Felix Trinidad and Sam Soliman. Wright has double the pro experience of Taylor and was once the undisputed champ at 154 pounds.

The Taylor-Wright showdown will be complemented by the half-hour special "Countdown to Taylor-Wright," which debuts Friday, June 3 at 11:00 p.m. (ET/PT), on HBO, followed by subsequent plays on HBO and HBO2. HBO On Demand subscribers will also have access to the special starting June 5.

degenerate_gambler
06-13-2006, 01:52 PM
I'm assuming HBO is going to replay last weeks Hopkins/Tarver PPV fight as part of the evenings events. I didn't shell out the $$ for it but do want to see for myself if Hopkins was as dominant as advertised.

degenerate_gambler
06-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Taylor wins by KO in the 7th.

I don't know man. Wright's strength is making people miss and he's a very accurate counter puncher.

I think it goes 12 with Wright getting a split decision.

Either way, it should be a fantastic fight.

2centsworth
06-18-2006, 01:52 PM
Fantastic fight. I thought Jermaine should have gotten the fight because Winky gave up and ran in the 11th and 12th.

Good with a decision though.

Winky is sure acting like a chump after the fight. He's claiming that he was robbed like in the Vargas fight. I saw the Vargas fight and Winky was robbed, but in no way was he robbed against Taylor.

atxrocker
06-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Fantastic fight. I thought Jermaine should have gotten the fight because Winky gave up and ran in the 11th and 12th.

Good with a decision though.

Winky is sure acting like a chump after the fight. He's claiming that he was robbed like in the Vargas fight. I saw the Vargas fight and Winky was robbed, but in no way was he robbed against Taylor.

I may be biased since I am a vargas fan but I am not in the opinion Winky won that fight. I have certainly seen much worse. Imo, the de la hoya decision over felix sturm was just criminal. anyways, great fight. I dont think winky was really 'running' until the 12th where he did alot of nothing. i am something of a winky fan, guys a fighter.

Brutalis
06-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Lol. Taylor has gone the distance with Hopkins and Winky now, and I doubt he'll get the respect he deserves.

2centsworth
06-19-2006, 02:02 AM
Lol. Taylor has gone the distance with Hopkins and Winky now, and I doubt he'll get the respect he deserves.
Winky and Hopkins have dominated everyone they have fought except Taylor. ON the contrary, Taylor more than gets his.