PDA

View Full Version : Yotam Halperin

T Park
06-14-2006, 04:19 AM
Halperin (http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/player?playerId=18938&draftyear=2006&univLogin02=stateChanged)

Yotam Halperin
Point Guard (Rank: #45) | 6-5, 200 | Age: 22
Israel (Tel Aviv, Israel)

Draft Projection: Second Round

Similarities: Beno Udrih

Notes: Israeli guard is playing for Union Olimpija in Slovenia this season. Averaged 13.9 ppg, 3.5 apg, 46 percent shooting in the Euroleague.

Positives: Halperin is a combo guard who can, at 6-foot-5, play both the one and the two. He's an excellent passer and decision maker who patiently probes the defense looking for the open man He's a very good jump shooter who with NBA 3-point range, but really makes his living on the mid-range jumper. Very unselfish. Intelligent. Sees the floor well. Good size for his position. Tough.

Negatives: Still a little more of a two than a one. Athleticism is a question mark for his position. Almost a little too conservative at times. Doesn't really take over games. More of a role player.

Summary: Halperin is drawing rave reviews from international scouts. They love his decision-making skills, shooting stroke and athleticism. We said earlier in the year that he might be a second-round pick. After a strong Euroleague performance this season he's now getting some consideration as a candidate for the late first round. More likely, he'll go somewhere in the second to team like the Hawks (No. 33), Cavs (No. 42), Pacers (No. 45) or Wizards (No. 48).

velik_m
06-14-2006, 04:42 AM
he's a SG not a PG. good at penetrations, finishes well at the basket. good shooter
He completly disappeared in the slovenian finals though.

kobyz
06-14-2006, 11:05 AM
he can easily play PG in the nba, he is better player then udrih in 2 levels.

Texas_Ranger
06-14-2006, 11:18 AM
he can easily play PG in the nba, he is better player then udrih in 2 levels.

Better than Udrih? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

picnroll
06-14-2006, 11:26 AM
If this guy isn't twice as good as the legendary Sarunas pass.

boutons_
06-14-2006, 12:22 PM
Does he play in games Friday nights and Saturday afternoons? :)

Slo spurs fan
06-14-2006, 01:06 PM
Donīt even think about stealing our player (from Olimpija Ljubljana, Slovenia) :nope :makemyday

T Park
06-14-2006, 01:14 PM
I like what Ive read about this guy.

Good range, good penetrator, and is tough.

Considered a role player, well, for a backup point, thats all you need, is a "role player" you don't need superstars coming off the bench.

this guy would be a great possibility.

Slo spurs fan
06-14-2006, 01:17 PM
Belive me TPark.
Beno is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better at this moment and I think he will be better in the future too.
I am a fan of team, where Yotam played this season and I saw all of his games this year, some of them live and some of them on the TV.

velik_m
06-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Yotam went to Olimpija because he couldn't get off the Maccabi bench.

picnroll
06-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Maybe if the Spurs get Yotam T Park will be begging for them to sub in Beno. :rollin

T Park
06-14-2006, 02:50 PM
no because he is one thing supposedly Beno isn't.

Tough.

ChumpDumper
06-14-2006, 02:54 PM
toy lamp in her

Look, I love anagram games as much as anyone, but this kind of stuff belongs in The Club.

T Park
06-14-2006, 03:19 PM
:lol

velik_m
06-14-2006, 03:54 PM
no because he is one thing supposedly Beno isn't.

Tough.

a SG?

T Park
06-14-2006, 05:41 PM
it says hes a combo guard.

Nothing wrong with having an Antonio Daniels type player.

zeleni
06-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Halperin is one great player, but lacks experience.

He played off the bench in Israel NT and Maccabi and made great games in Olimpija during the time Sagadin fixed our wreckage. Since he played a stabile starter position in Slovenia only half a season... I would get him...he could be next best thing from Europe. But then he would need the same coaching for about 3-5 seasons just to be that cobra starter he must become in Europe to be a NBA starter.

It is important to understand: No European player wants to play from the bench. I would make a bet that soon all American audience will say:"Hit the foreigner, I want to see Americans play" since USA is becoming more and more a team like every other team. No one wants to be a scrub that even audience doesn't like to see off the bench.
Halperin could be great with the right coaching. I hope Sagadin remains in Olimpija.

ducks
06-14-2006, 06:08 PM
no thank you

Pero
06-14-2006, 06:44 PM
T Park, just one question. Are you jewish? :)

T Park
06-14-2006, 07:07 PM
no im not.

no thank you

Its a bad similarity.

Ignore that.

Russ
06-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Sounds like another Marco Jaric -- oh boy. :drunk

ducks
06-14-2006, 08:51 PM
no im not.

Its a bad similarity.

Ignore that.
that so
since you wanted him :lol

Kobayagi
06-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Halperin in NBA? :lol

Maybe after 3 or 4 more years of experience playing basketball at a high level (Euroleague). On the other hand...yeah, maybe the Spurs SHOULD get this guy, that way Beno would be appreciated more.

gospursgojas
06-15-2006, 01:38 AM
Halperin (http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/player?playerId=18938&draftyear=2006&univLogin02=stateChanged)

Yotam Halperin
Point Guard (Rank: #45) | 6-5, 200 | Age: 22
Israel (Tel Aviv, Israel)

Draft Projection: Second Round

If thats true, I agree......Fuck NO!

Kori Ellis
06-15-2006, 03:21 AM
3. Yotam Halperin, G, 6-5, 199, Israel
Halperin has the best credentials of anyone in the camp. He started this year for Olimpija in the Euroleague this season and averaged 13.9 ppg and 3.5 apg and shot 46 percent from the field.

Halperin is a 6-5 combo guard. He's an excellent passer and decision-maker who patiently probes the defense looking for the open man. He's a very good jump shooter with NBA 3-point range, but he really makes his living on the midrange jumper.

Halperin has more experience than anyone else here, and it's shown in his first two games. He stays calm, doesn't make mistakes and is a vocal leader both on the floor and in the games. In his second game on Monday, we counted 11 assists in roughly 20 minutes of play.

If there's a knock on him, it's that he's too conservative at times. He hasn't attacked the basket at times when the defense has given him a seam.

Expect teams to look at Halperin starting in the late first round. More likely, he'll go somewhere in the second to team like the Hawks (No. 33), Cavs (No. 42), Pacers (No. 45) or Wizards (No. 48).