PDA

View Full Version : Elway coming to town

johnsmith
06-14-2006, 10:13 AM
I have noticed that like myself there are numerous Broncos fans floating around this city as well as this website. I heard last night that Elway will be coming to promote his furniture line once again and will also be visiting Ft. Sam. I have a buddy that is going to try and get me into Ft. Sam to meet him but if I can't, I'll definately be at whatever furniture store he's at. It's not every day that one gets to meet his hero which so happens to also be the greatest quarterback of all time........spare me your Joe Montana arguments.

AlamoSpursFan
06-14-2006, 10:30 AM
It's not every day that one gets to meet his hero which so happens to also be the greatest quarterback of all time........spare me your Joe Montana arguments.

Troy Aikman has more rings than Elway.

:lol

Slinkyman
06-14-2006, 10:45 AM

Aikman also likes the cock

Slinkyman
06-14-2006, 10:46 AM
I have noticed that like myself there are numerous Broncos fans floating around this city as well as this website. I heard last night that Elway will be coming to promote his furniture line once again and will also be visiting Ft. Sam. I have a buddy that is going to try and get me into Ft. Sam to meet him but if I can't, I'll definately be at whatever furniture store he's at. It's not every day that one gets to meet his hero which so happens to also be the greatest quarterback of all time........spare me your Joe Montana arguments.

Do you know when he'll be in town and at what store?

kskonn
06-14-2006, 12:33 PM
Aikman also likes the cock

but he still has more rings!! :lol :lol

johnsmith
06-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Aikman couldn't hold a candle to Elway. When I find out when and where I'll post it immediately.

Mr Dio
06-14-2006, 07:15 PM
I have noticed that like myself there are numerous Broncos fans floating around this city as well as this website. I heard last night that Elway...gets to meet his hero which so happens to also be the greatest quarterback of all time........spare me your Joe Montana arguments.

1) Don't know how many are real Bronco fans.

2) :lol :lol :lol :lol

Mr Dio
06-14-2006, 07:16 PM
I work at BAMC. they usually don't let us know until he is already here.

phil simms
joe montana
doug williams

are all greater than john elway. :lol

Slinkyman
06-14-2006, 08:25 PM
wanna hear something really funny? when's the last time the cowboys WON a playoff game :lol fucking hilarious

Mr Dio
06-14-2006, 09:17 PM
True, only 1 team wins the SB each yr though.
How many times has Dallas done it? :lmao

Horry For 3!
06-16-2006, 12:45 AM
John Elway :) My favorite NFL player of all time

katyon6th
06-16-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm a real Broncos fan.

Any word on where and when John Elway will be in town?

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-16-2006, 03:45 PM
That sound you heard was The Truth's chode exploding.

TheTruth
06-16-2006, 04:04 PM

Troy AIkman also had one of the best lines of all time in front of him, one of the great running backs of all time lined up behind him, and one of the greates punks of all time catching the ball from him. Not to mention a great defense to top it all off.

I'm not saying Aikman wasn't a great quarterback, Elway was just a better one. My head hurts just thinking of how many SB's Elway would have won with half the talent Aikman had.

QUICK, name 3 Runningbacks Elway had before Terrell Davis without using google.

Elway = Top 3 QB of all time. (elway, montana, unitas)
Aikman = Top 10

TheTruth
06-16-2006, 04:05 PM
That sound you heard was The Truth's chode exploding.
My chode doesn't explode, but if it could, this would have made it

Mr Dio
06-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Elway owes his rings to TD.

TheTruth
06-16-2006, 05:51 PM
Elway owes his rings to TD.
And Aikman did it all by himself???

Mr Dio
06-16-2006, 05:53 PM
No, but from what I read here it would seem that Elway won the rings by himself.
I don't think so.

Slinkyman
06-17-2006, 12:32 AM
No, but from what I read here it would seem that Elway won the rings by himself.
I don't think so.

Elway carried those early teams by himself which is why they lost so badly, those teams were average at best. It was all Elway. Why do you think Elway has so many come from behind victories? Cause that D was bad and gave up alot of points and it was always up to Elway to bring them back.

McKenzie
06-20-2006, 10:25 PM
I have to agree with Slink. Elway spent a long while being a one man team surrounded by guys who helped him out once they were in dire straights.

I like Troy and I like Marino and even Montana, but I think the best QB for many years was Elway. I have a very special Bronco's sweatshirt that I wear when...and if...it's cold enough in these parts. :rolleyes

AgSnake361
06-21-2006, 05:01 AM

Aikman = Top 10

Bobby Humphrey
Reggie Rivers
Ken Bell
and who could forget,
SAMMY WINDER!!!

Can you name the 3 Amigos?

Lol, lifetime Broncos fan here. I grew up in Denver and suffered through the Super Bowl debacles of the late 80's.

At the time of his retirement John Elway was in the top 3 all-time in attempts, completions, yards, touchdowns and 3,000 yard seasons. Troy Aikman wasn't. Elway also has more Pro-Bowl selections (9) to Aikman's (6). Elway was also a NFL MVP in 1987. Aikman never was.

If TD gave Elway his 2 rings, then Aikman's don't count either because without Emmitt and their OL, Aikman isn't carryin the 'Boys to any of those Super Bowl wins.

Mr Dio
06-21-2006, 11:43 PM
At the time of his retirement John Elway was in the top 3 all-time in attempts, completions, yards, touchdowns and 3,000 yard seasons. Troy Aikman wasn't. Elway also has more Pro-Bowl selections (9) to Aikman's (6). Elway was also a NFL MVP in 1987. Aikman never was.

If TD gave Elway his 2 rings, then Aikman's don't count either because without Emmitt and their OL, Aikman isn't carryin the 'Boys to any of those Super Bowl wins.

As posted above, when you always have to come from behind you're going to be throwing it. Using your criterion Marino is the best. How many 4K or 5K seasons did Elway have? Attempts? Comps? TDs?

TD & Elway both owe a HUGE thanks to the Rocky Mtn cheap shot artists known as the Den OL. The OL usually does play a part in any SB team's season/success.

DallasFan
06-25-2006, 08:49 PM
Troy AIkman also had one of the best lines of all time in front of him, one of the great running backs of all time lined up behind him, and one of the greates punks of all time catching the ball from him. Not to mention a great defense to top it all off.

I'm not saying Aikman wasn't a great quarterback, Elway was just a better one. My head hurts just thinking of how many SB's Elway would have won with half the talent Aikman had.

Aikman = Top 10

...yeah, the Broncos had horrible OL for all those years...those poor running backs never had any holes :angel

By the way...Marino makes my top 3 list (Marino, Montana, Aikman)...Super Bowl win or not. Elway was great too...

You guys dissing Aikman remember this...no-one was more accurate and the Cowboys had a much more balanced attack than the other teams mentioned.

TheTruth
06-27-2006, 06:29 PM
...yeah, the Broncos had horrible OL for all those years...those poor running backs never had any holes :angel

By the way...Marino makes my top 3 list (Marino, Montana, Aikman)...Super Bowl win or not. Elway was great too...

You guys dissing Aikman remember this...no-one was more accurate and the Cowboys had a much more balanced attack than the other teams mentioned.
Saying Aikman is a top 3 quarterback just ruins all of your credibility off the bat. Aikman was a good quarterback in a GREAT system. If Elway had half the offense early in his career that Aikman had his ENTIRE career he would have won more championships than any other quarterback ever. Elway was the most talented quarterback to ever play the game. Elway took 3 teams to the superbowl that Aikman probably could have gotten to 8-8.

scott
06-27-2006, 07:37 PM
Brady Quinn will be better than all of them. Just wait.

DallasFan
06-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Saying Aikman is a top 3 quarterback just ruins all of your credibility off the bat. Aikman was a good quarterback in a GREAT system. If Elway had half the offense early in his career that Aikman had his ENTIRE career he would have won more championships than any other quarterback ever. Elway was the most talented quarterback to ever play the game. Elway took 3 teams to the superbowl that Aikman probably could have gotten to 8-8.

Yeah, you're right and totally unbiased...Elway had no other talent around him :angel

Three Amigos, Karl Mecklenburg, Rod Smith, Terrell Davis, sure I'm missing more stars...

You don't think the Broncos had a great system...Shanahan is one of the best football minds out there...

Could've, would've, but didn't... :angel

DallasFan
06-28-2006, 12:54 PM

i've seen into the kids eyes during the game

he looks like he's going to cry

maybe when his frontal cortex develops he'll nut up
it's not his fault he's from ohio

aikman was a GREAT qb in a GREAT system

top 3, not so fast my friend, however

Ohio??? :lol

My favorite QB of all-time is Marino...yes Montana and Aikman are on MY list...Steve Young is one of my favorites also...opinions are like assholes...we all got 'em. :smokin

If you guys are going to play the "GREAT SYSTEM" theory, then you have to include the 49ers (80s and 90s) with Montana and Young...they had Rice, Taylor, Craig, bad ass OL, etc...and probably the best offensive system ever, and best offensive mind in Bill Walsh. However, we know how stupid it would be to say that Montana isn't in the top 3, if not the best...how many rings did those guys accumulate?

TheTruth
06-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Yeah, you're right and totally unbiased...Elway had no other talent around him :angel

Three Amigos, Karl Mecklenburg, Rod Smith, Terrell Davis, sure I'm missing more stars...

You don't think the Broncos had a great system...Shanahan is one of the best football minds out there...

Yeah, i know that Shanahan is one of the great football minds, and Elway won two superbowls with him.

Mr Dio
06-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Brady Quinn is from Ohio. Dublin I think. Home of Wendy's.
He shafted the Bucks for the Domers & he was Persona Non Grata in Ohio.

Mr Dio
06-28-2006, 05:55 PM

No doubt. :lol
Elway the best/greatest? Yeah, Only if I love the Rockies. And I don't. :lol

Slinkyman
06-28-2006, 06:01 PM

since when did Rod Smith and Terrell Davis play on the 80's broncos? Shanahan wasn't the coach at the time either. The broncos team that won the superbowl was completely different then the ones that lost to the 49ers, skins and giants.

The teams that won had alot of talent on both sides of the ball and should've won 3 superbowls had they not choked against j-ville at home the year green bay won. Now the teams from the late 80's had a bad defense and for the most part a bad offense, for example even with all the success denver RBs have had lately Elway is still in the top 5 for rushing yards in broncos history.

Elway never had a running game until TD came along he basicly had to do it all himself. Forget stats and rings the most impressive thing about elway was his heart, the only other QB that comes close is Favre, they both have that drive that refuses to lose. I'd take Elway or Favre over Aikman any day.

TheTruth
06-28-2006, 06:12 PM
I like this slinkyman fella. Too bad he brought up that damn Jacksonville game. The Tory James pick wasn't a pass interference.

DallasFan
06-29-2006, 08:37 AM
since when did Rod Smith and Terrell Davis play on the 80's broncos? Shanahan wasn't the coach at the time either. The broncos team that won the superbowl was completely different then the ones that lost to the 49ers, skins and giants.

The teams that won had alot of talent on both sides of the ball and should've won 3 superbowls had they not choked against j-ville at home the year green bay won. Now the teams from the late 80's had a bad defense and for the most part a bad offense, for example even with all the success denver RBs have had lately Elway is still in the top 5 for rushing yards in broncos history.

Elway never had a running game until TD came along he basicly had to do it all himself. Forget stats and rings the most impressive thing about elway was his heart, the only other QB that comes close is Favre, they both have that drive that refuses to lose. I'd take Elway or Favre over Aikman any day.

Elway played on those Super Bowl teams in the 80's with those players, didn''t he...??? Look, no-one questions Elway's heart...certainly not me. He probably has more comeback wins than anyone, except maybe Montana?

Saying Aikman was only great due to the system he was in is totally absurd...what would the Cowboys have done with Steve Walsh at the helm? All great teams have had great systems (whether offensive, defensive, or both), or they probably would not have been great.

Aikman is one of, if not the most accurate passers ever, and had a tremendous "cool under pressure" about him. That "GREAT SYSTEM" he played in also kept him from having numbers like Montana, Elway, and Marino, as the Dallas offense was so balanced.

By the way, Sammy Winder was not too bad in the 80s either...not saying he was a star, but he pulled his own, kinda like Ottis Anderson or someone of that caliber, and they did have a solid running game. Didn't they have Atwater too? The Broncos had great teams, hence great systems in the 80s and 90s. The system was just more complete in the 90s.

RealEstateDude
07-06-2006, 03:36 PM
Top 3 QB's

1) Montana
2) Elway (My favorite but I still Acknowledge Joe.)
3) Roger Staubach

ducks
09-25-2006, 02:32 PM
bump

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 02:35 PM
I still haven't heard when he's coming.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 02:35 PM
I'm beginning to think I was lied to in order to get me all in a tizzy.