PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot, your local weed supply?

thepeopleslawyer
06-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Drug caches found in Home Depot vanities
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/14/home.depot.drugs/index.html

(CNN) -- Large quantities of drugs were found inside merchandise from at least two Home Depot stores in Massachusetts, and authorities are investigating, police said Wednesday.

A contractor late last week discovered two 50-pound "bricks" of marijuana wrapped in plastic bags inside a bathroom vanity he had purchased at a Home Depot store in Tewksbury, said Chief of Detectives Lt. Dennis Peterson.

The estimated street value of the marijuana is around $145,000, Peterson said.

Similar incidents have occurred in other parts of the state.

A plumber purchased a vanity in western Massachusetts on Monday in which he later found 3 kilograms of cocaine and around 40 pounds of marijuana, with a total estimated street value of $250,000, according to the Southwick Police Department.

Southwick Police Lt. David A. Ricardi said the item was purchased at "a local hardware store" but would not confirm it came from The Home Depot.

According to Peterson, a third individual discovered large quantities of illegal drugs inside Home Depot merchandise.

Peterson would not provide the details of that incident but said it was part of the overall investigation and that Tewksbury police were working with their Southwick counterparts and the federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).

Tewksbury police and DEA officials conducted a search Tuesday of about 12 Home Depot stores statewide and found other bathroom vanities that contained drugs, Peterson said. He would not elaborate on how many drug caches were discovered in the search.

In each incident being investigated by Tewksbury Police, all of the merchandise boxes originated from a Texas location and were distributed through one Massachusetts warehouse, Peterson said.

"I'm sure the packages were being shipped to the distribution center and someone was supposed to intercept them," Peterson said. "So that person [who was supposed to intercept the packages] either wasn't on duty that day or the packages were marked wrong."

The Southwick and Tewksbury Police Departments both said The Home Depot was cooperating fully with their investigations, and no one employed by the company is a suspect at this time.

Both departments also said none of the customers who purchased the vanities that contained drugs are suspects.

In a written statement, The Home Depot said, "The company is cooperating with authorities as they investigate this matter, and we will support law enforcement in any way possible to help bring those responsible to justice."

thepeopleslawyer
06-14-2006, 11:11 AM
:lol someone fucked up

ObiwanGinobili
06-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Shit.
I always like to get the "free with purchase" promotions :smokin

:lol

I just can't believe these dumbasses turned it in. :blah

on the other hadn... how many people bouth cabinets and vanitys from HomeDepot- got thier free weed and kept thier mouths shut? :lol

CosmicCowboy
06-14-2006, 11:14 AM
see you guys later...I am heading to Home Depot...:lol

CosmicCowboy
06-14-2006, 11:19 AM
In each incident being investigated by Tewksbury Police, all of the merchandise boxes originated from a Texas location and were distributed through one Massachusetts warehouse, Peterson said.

There is an EXTREMELY good chance they came from Cardell here in SA...they sell a lot of stuff to Home Depot...

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Wow, so you can get undocumented workers AND drugs there now? If they can start selling stolen firearms and hookers they'd have everything to make a house a home.

atxrocker
06-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Wow, so you can get undocumented workers AND drugs there now? If they can start selling stolen firearms and hookers they'd have everything to make a house a home.

:lol :lol

CosmicCowboy
06-14-2006, 11:31 AM
You just KNOW somebody got whacked for not picking up that shipment...

atxrocker
06-14-2006, 11:34 AM
You just KNOW somebody got whacked for not picking up that shipment...

i was thinking the same thing. those are pretty big dollar amounts mentioned, someone has to answer for this. i imagine there are some very unhappy dealers and customers right now. i agree with obi that there are certainly others who found some stashes and decided to keep it instead. i know i would :smokin

pache100
06-14-2006, 11:42 AM
I would turn it in. I wouldn't have any personal use for it. And not a clue how to go about selling it...and I'm sure as heck too old to start learning now. And...I wouldn't want to be caught with it in my possession.

Smokey
06-14-2006, 12:00 PM
dayum.... why that aint me? if i hit a lick, dont tell deebo.

2Blonde
06-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Damn, and I've been shopping at Lowe's because it's closer to my house. :shootme

Reginald Red Forman
07-12-2006, 02:54 PM
see you guys later...I am heading to Home Depot...:lol
Damn right.

Trainwreck2100
07-12-2006, 02:58 PM
somebody's putting use to the search feature

Guru of Nothing
07-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Sounds like a Home Depot marketing ruse to me.

LuvBones
07-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Haha! That's a new one... "I just came back from..uhh...home depot."

The sone
07-13-2006, 01:50 AM
drugs...$1million dollars

loss in merchandise...$17,5374.17 dollars

hundreds of feinds purchasing shit in bulk that they dont need, and will never use, on top of endless promotion, and renewed visability coupled with an absoloute liquidation of worthless stock at regular rates??...priceless!

some things in life are free...

for everything else...bah! you get the idea!