PDA

View Full Version : Get Your Own Bioengineered Pet!!!!!!

TheSanityAnnex
06-14-2006, 11:55 AM
Wtf is this shit? This is a little too creepy. Although, if not too expensive, I will be buying one. Check it out.

http://www.genpets.com/meet.php

Smokey
06-14-2006, 11:59 AM
that shit is fucked up, maaan.

CrazyOne
06-14-2006, 12:03 PM
looks like an elaborate spoof to me.

TheSanityAnnex
06-14-2006, 12:05 PM
looks like an elaborate spoof to me.
Thats what I was thinking, but would someone actually waste all that time developing that website?

CosmicCowboy
06-14-2006, 12:05 PM
thats gotta be a joke.

tlongII
06-14-2006, 12:07 PM
I've got one! They make great pets. You don't have to house train them at all.

Mrs.Tlong
06-14-2006, 12:09 PM

Yet another deep cut to my heart.

Hardy Har Har Tlong . Ohhhh you're sooooo funny. :rolleyes

CosmicCowboy
06-14-2006, 12:29 PM

I assume you ordered one with the optional pulsating vagina...:lol

nkdlunch
06-14-2006, 01:35 PM
I want one w/an ass like Jessica Alba

midgetonadonkey
06-14-2006, 01:38 PM
I'd buy one just to torture it.

jman3000
06-14-2006, 01:41 PM
It has to be a swipe at bio-engineering companies ... it has to be ...

If they could make stuff like that, I'd want a dinosaur. Like a Triceratops or something.

CosmicCowboy
06-14-2006, 02:56 PM
It's an amazingly detailed website right down to the downloadable PDF file. The only thing missing is an address or phone number for the company. I was actually going to call the number (if they had given one) to verify that it was a hoax.

kingsfan
06-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Those things are ugly. I'll stick to my dogs.

CrazyOne
06-14-2006, 04:31 PM
I noticed that, too, CC... that's what made me think it was a hoax. But it is a fun one, nonetheless. ;)

Old School Chic
06-14-2006, 04:34 PM
I'd buy one just to torture it.

:tu

boutons_
06-14-2006, 05:37 PM
These Cats Go Easy on The Eyes

Lab-Bred Kittens Are Allergen-Free

By Jane Ridley
New York Daily News

Tuesday, June 13, 2006; HE05

NEW YORK -- Most folks would sniff at the idea of paying $7,000 for a kitten.

But it's precisely because this kitty won't make you sniff (or sneeze) that die-hard pet fans say price doesn't matter.

A company claims to have bred the world's first hypoallergenic cats, and New Yorkers are lining up to buy the kittens.

The cats are guaranteed not to cause asthma-like symptoms such as hives, difficulty in breathing and swollen eyes.

"We are thrilled because people with allergies who have been unable to own cats can now enjoy a pet of their own," said Megan Young, chief executive officer of Allerca, the company behind the breakthrough.

Allerca created the cats using a technique known as genetic divergence after analyzing their genes. Allergies are caused by a protein found in the animals' fur and saliva.

Researchers identified the genes of kittens with proteins that provoke less of a reaction in humans and made an allergen-free line of cats by breeding litters of them over several generations.

Preliminary tests on human volunteers have proved successful.

The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) has cautiously welcomed the development.

"We hope that the investment of time and money that the new guardians of these cats are willing to make might be a model for anyone thinking about acquiring a pet," said organization's spokesman Eric Rayvid.

"There is a huge demand for hypoallergenic pets," adds Young. "By 2009 we expect to be breeding 10,000 every year."

The $7,000 price tag includes a $2,000 expediency fee and $1,000 shipping and insurance charges.

"We will refund the purchase price of the kitten if the owner continues to suffer allergy symptoms," assures Young. "But this is the worst-case scenario." ·

© 2006 The Washington Post Company

Marklar MM
06-14-2006, 09:45 PM
If they could make stuff like that, I'd want a dinosaur. Like a Triceratops or something.

I would want a fucking Velociraptor with a cool temper. That way he doesn't try to eat me. I would train him to eat people I tell him to eat, and to inflict supah pain on those I want supah pain inflicted upon. Then, as a treat, I would feed him those gen-pets from Mars. I would name him, "Arnold".

atxrocker
06-14-2006, 10:45 PM
very elaborate canadian art students sculpture project

http://www.brandejs.ca/portfolio5/gp01.php

Gerryatrics
06-15-2006, 01:42 AM
Freaky website.

If you want some genetically engineered pets, pick up a few GloFish (http://www.glofish.com/default.asp).