PDA

View Full Version : 2004-05 Spurs

KoriEllis
08-23-2004, 08:55 PM
What is your assessment of the team? Strengths and weaknesses. How do you think think they'll fare next season.

I will use your replies as part of a fan feedback article I'm writing.

Thanks in advance for your serious replies.

--Kori

ducks
08-23-2004, 09:13 PM
brent barry address there need for a backup point guard
and a more constient outside shooter
nice spurs addressed their need in one player
beno is a nice find. hopefully he can play backup point. hopefully after this year all the time. freeing barry from having to log minutes in that role and saving him more for outside shooting.
drawback with him is if he gets hurt spurs will miss him
drawback with him is age will catch up with him one day. hopefully later then now.

tony parker feels he is one of the players to blame for not winning the title this year.
he is working hard this offseason. I expect big things from him early. has been quoted as saying someone will need to lead when duncan and manu are tired from the games early on.

drawback would be does he try to do to much and not let the game come to him

this is one year that the spurs do not lose more then one starter. this is nice. barry may or may not start
manu played alot with the first team also. so in that aspect they might not be losing a starter.

the big question with rose
will rose be rose or will rose try to be tim duncan?
drawback if rose tries to be duncan he will be on bench all year
wasting alot of money

Pop OFits
08-23-2004, 09:37 PM
I was thrilled with the Brent Barry signing. Even though the Spurs give up 4 inches of height with Hedo's replacement, Barry's shooting touch is exactly what the Spurs need. The Spurs will not need a third PG with Barry on the team.

The Spurs have kept an 8-man rotation (8 contributing decent floor minutes) intact from last season. Sean Marks makes 9 total returnees. That's a real plus when you consider Barry, Massenburg, and Udrih are added to that mix.

The report card for the off-season work by the Spurs' FO is incomplete but, so far, I'd give them a grade of A-.

Wanted: One Small Forward with size who can defend.

From Way Downtown
08-23-2004, 09:41 PM
I like the moves the Spurs have made this offseason and I think the moves will make the chances for a title more realistic. There's no reason to think they won't compete for the best record in the West and in the NBA and they should be in a position to advance to at least the conference finals.

Obviously, the Barry move is a substantial part of that, not only because of his career-long ability to hit the 3, but also because of the length and experience that he can provide in relieving Tony at the point. With Barry in the mix, I think point guard play becomes a strength of this team, because the Spurs now have two players who can competently play the point and who allow the Spurs to throw a variety of looks at opponents. Mostly, I'm relieved that Tony should no longer have to log 35+ minutes on a regular basis during the regular season, which should help him come playoff time.

I also think the Spurs will realize a strength simply by reinserting Manu into the starting lineup. Last year, the issue was the lack of scoring punch and energy off the bench, caused largely by Hedo's psychoses about coming off the bench. Manu fell on his sword for the good of the team, but it should never have come to that. With guys like Barry, Rose, Brown and Horry coming off the bench, the Spurs should be able to produce points in the second unit. While Tim is obviously the key to the Spurs success, I thought for much of the end of last season that the starting unit lacked any real toughness to speak of, and got off to too many lethargic starts. Manu and Tony in the backcourt should take care of that. I think the first unit should be able to run more effectively than the first unit did last year. That, in turn, should provide a few cheap points for Bowen, which would help offensive efficiency.

I also think the relative continuity this squad brings into next season should help the Spurs get off to a much better start than in years gone by. Since Manu started at the start of last season, it's more or less as if the Spurs have brought back their starting unit. More importantly, it looks as though they've pretty much added one guy to the top 9 or 10, which should make everyone more comfortable. Give the Spurs of the last couple years a better start, and they win 63-65 games and are prohibitive favorites to win titles.

I still don't like the lack of real toughness at the center position, and I think the Spurs will struggle to avoid turnovers, given the passing styles of Parker, Manu, and Barry, and Duncan's general propensity for turning it over. I also think this team will regret not having a long wing player, but if they get improved efficiency on the offensive end out of Barry, the tradeoff will be a good one.

SequSpur
08-23-2004, 10:04 PM
We stood pat. We got a shooter to replace Hedo. Should've signed Stephen Jackson.

Spurs are still weak at the Center position and backup point guard spot.

There is no hope.

Spurs finish second to Minny again and lose in the second round.

Late.

T Park Num 9
08-23-2004, 10:13 PM
You do know Minnesota isnt in the division anymore right oompa??

Probobly not.

Adressed there needs with 1 shooter.
added a center with toughness and more fire, to replace the ageing willis.

IMO Summer and the 2004 2005 Spurs is not complete.

The jury is out IMO f they bring in Javtokas.

E20
08-23-2004, 10:32 PM
We fixed the back up PG problem and took care of signing a consistent shooter, but is Brent Barry gonna solve all of our shooting problems by himself? Still worried on Tim Duncan and Ginobili's status after the Olympics. Tony Parker, Devin Brown, and Malik Rose are working on there games thats a plus. The frontcourt is a little bit to old. I'd say we're a title contender. IMO the least farthest we should go is the WCF.

Brodels
08-23-2004, 11:19 PM
On paper, things look good. The Spurs upgraded by replacing Hedo with Barry. Beno should provide something, and they've put together a solid front line. Brown should continue to improve, Parker is in a contract year, and Rasho will be more comfortable with the system.

But just like past years, things will have to come together almost perfectly for the Spurs to win. I guess you could say that all teams must have everything go well if they are going to win, but I think it's especially true for the Spurs.

First, the obvious: all the key players must stay healthy for most of the season and playoffs. Tim must not show any ill effects from his summer Olympics excursion. Tony must be able to take a beating while playing lots of minutes. Season-ending injuries to any of the top eight will make things difficult.

Second, the other keys: chemistry, meeting expectations, and execution.

The core returns, but Barry, Beno, and Massenburg will get a chance to play and they need to get into the flow early in the season. Barry should have little trouble picking up the system, but Beno will need to adjust to a new team, a different country, and an unfamiliar style of play. The most successful Spurs teams have had great chemistry, and that needs to happen again if the Spurs are going to win anything. Past teams have had an emotional leader. Can Tim get it done? Malik? Manu or Tony? An emotional leader needs to step up early in the season.

The players, of course, need to meet expectations. It's expected that Tim will play at an MVP level, but can Tony take another step forward and can Manu play up to his lucrative multi-year contract? Will Malik rebound? Will age begin to catch up to Barry? Will Rasho continue to improve on both ends of the floor? Beyond Tim and Bruce Bowen, it's unclear what the other key players will contribute. If Tony gets better, Barry provides energy, Manu plays like a solid starter, and Rasho "gets it," the Spurs will do well. Will they? It's still unclear.

When it comes down to it, the Spurs need players to step up in key spots. Tim was tentative in some key moments in the playoffs. Tony was unable to execute against an adjusted Lakers defense. When a score is needed at the end of the game, will Tim be assertive? Will he be able to make free throws? When a perimeter score is needed in a big spot, will Tony get the nod? Manu? Barry? After Tim, it's still unclear who the go-to player is. If the Spurs are going to execute, everyone needs to understand their roles. Tim needs to make free throws and be assertive. Perimeter players need to make outside shots in big moments.

The only major addition is Barry unless Beno does big things. Considering that Hedo is gone, is the addition of Barry really enough to make a difference? Will the continued growth of Tony and Manu make a big difference? Will Devin Brown contribute? Will Beno become a quality backup point? Will the backup bigs play well enough to get Tim some rest?

The team looks good on paper, but lots of things need to go right if the Spurs are going to win a title. It can happen, but the team needs to start bringing some of these things together early on. And, as stated before, health is a huge key.

My prediction? They'll be one of the top four teams in basketball as long as they stay healthy. Will they win the title? I'm not sure what I believe just yet.

SpursFanInAustin
08-23-2004, 11:49 PM
Strengths: The core is back from last year. Manu starting should help the Spurs getting off to better starts than last year with Hedo starting at the 2. Barry brings more of a consistent 3-point shot that defenses will have to honor, which will open up lanes for Tony and Manu to penetrate and give Duncan more room to work downlow. He also brings the ability to play the point in a pinch. I expect Rasho to be better in his 2nd year in the system (he has been working hard this offseason along with Tony, Malik, and Devin). Although Beno hasn't proven anything in the NBA level, he should be a significant upgrade over Jason Hart/Charlie Ward from last year's team, although he might be not as good as Speedy from 03.

Questions to answer: Can Malik Rose return to his 02-03 form and win his spot in the rotation back by playing under the glass and providing a big spark for the big men off the bench? While Barry is a good fit for the Spurs, can he hit big shots in the postseason (he doesn't have much playoff experience under his belt). Can Beno adjust to the NBA and help relieve Tony from playing big minutes? Can Bruce Bowen still maintain his first-team defensive status at age 33? Is this the year Tony Parker finally breaks out and becomes that 2nd star and plays consistent every night? Will his outside shot improve from last year, after spending all summer shooting in the gym? Will Tim and Manu be able to stay healthy and not become fatigued from the Summer Olympics of 04? Will Tim (can the whole team) improve his FT shooting after coming off his worst FT% of his career. Are Rose, Horry, Marks, Massenburg good enough depth coming off the bench for the bigs. Will Romain Sato be a good enough player for the Spurs to prevent him from being in street clothes this year.

My prediction: Spurs win the Midwest and finish #1 seed in the West at 62-20, with Tim winning his 3rd MVP in 4 years, and should meet the Timberwolves in the Western Conference Finals.

Nikos
08-24-2004, 12:38 AM
So far the team looks OK, provided everyone comes into the season healthy.

I am disappointed that Hedo Turkoglu sort of just flaked out of the franchise so abruptly. He was unable to bring the championship intangibles that the Spurs felt they needed. Pop said they needed Hedo to get it done, it turns out he was correct. The same applies now for Brent Barry.

Barry is a safe pickup; he alone can improve the offensive efficiency of the Spurs with his shooting and guard skills. If you leave him open consistently he will make you pay -- an element the Spurs need to complement their intense team defense, slashing, and post dominance of Duncan. Whatever the drop in defensive efficiency the team has I am sure Barry can more than makeup with his superb offensive efficiency on minimal shots and possessions. As long as Brent is healthy and his age is not a factor, he can help improve the team chemistry and dynamic.

Not sure what to expect from Beno Udrih. Is Brent going to get his minutes at the 2 spot if Beno develops? If so then what happens to Devin Brown? Slight logjam problem here if Pop wants to play both Beno and Devin and still gets a little itchy to play Brent Barry 27mpg+ along with a fatigued Ginobili early in the season. Guess it all depends on Pop’s substitution patterns. Either way, I am not expecting too much from him. If he can come in and score efficiently, control the tempo of the game for 15 minutes then that would be great.

Overall I think the notion of this team becoming a clear cut championship favorite along with Minnesota/Detroit etc.. hinges on Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, and also Brent Barry. They can makeup for Rasho not scoring much, Malik Rose playing out of control, Beno not always being a good backup, Bowen’s lack of offense, and Horry not always making those open threes like he seemed to for LA.

Tony Parker: Become a better floor leader and more efficient scorer; find the consistency medium between scoring efficiency and being a solid floor general. Don’t always let your best games be the ones where you take 20+ shots and score 20+ points.

People talk about him being the second scorer, but he never got to the FT line and when he did shot poorly. This hurt the team a lot more than meets the eye. In order to be a TRUE second scorer he has to get to the line more, convert, and hit the three pointer more proficiently – after he figures that out the floor general skills just need to keep improving with time.

Manu Ginobili: Needs to hit the three pointer more reliably, finish his easy lay-ups, and cut down on turnovers. Simply just needs to be more efficient with more shot attempts this season. Continuing to get to the line and convert his FT’s will help a lot. However, hitting the three pointers and finishing easy lay-ups more frequently will be the ultimate determinate in curing his ‘inconsistency’ issue when it comes to his scoring.

As an overall player he is very solid, and even contributes in a few different ways when his shot is off through energy. But this season he has to be MORE efficient scoring wise with more shots, while cutting down on turnovers. His overall game, hustle, and effort is there – it’s just a matter of squeezing out that extra potential that is probably left over. Also could help if he keeps the fouls and out of control passes to a minimum.

Brent Barry: Just needs to hit open jumpers in general and when it counts. By canning the open three he will help the Spurs a ton. Health and age are crucial – but in a limited 25mpg+ span he just needs to be that same super efficiency role player he has been for the past 3-4 years. He might need to adjust a little bit on defense, but the bottom line is he needs to be three things: healthy, himself and clutch. If he can hit open jumpers in the flow of the game and down the stretch of a few big games then the Spurs can become an extremely versatile team.

It’s hard to complement on leadership and toughness and whether it will arise out of Tim Duncan or another support player. All I can say is those three guys have to step up throughout the season and obviously in the playoffs. Tim Duncan will probably get a lot of fuel from these guys if they are on their game. Things will probably fall into place if everyone plays to their potential. The leadership and toughness can come with time if players are confident of themselves and of the team. Perhaps it could be a Parker or Ginobili in some ways, perhaps Brent Barry’s shooting will also be a calming influence? Perhaps Malik will bring an edge that was missing in 2004. Perhaps Horry can regain his clutch form? Maybe Bowen will start hitting the three pointer again and playing like he did in 2003.

Much of 2004-05 season’s title hopes rests upon Parker, Ginobili, and Barry’s abilities to play to their potential and give Duncan the core support needed to win a title. The other role players are important too, but it mostly starts with these three guys. If they all play to their abilities and they improve this season, then I see no reason the Spurs cannot win a championship.

I still might have to favor a healthy Minnesota for now until I see some improvement and chemistry forming on the Spurs. The healthy Sacramento Kings also are pretty solid as well. Not to mention the 2003-04 Champion Detroit Pistons. But the San Antonio Spurs still have the talent, balance, and personnel to realize the 2004-2005 championship. I hope they all prove me right. Right now it’s too close to call. There are a handful of very good to potentially elite teams (Spurs, Wolves, Kings, Pistons, Pacers……Heat, Mavs?)

KoriEllis
08-24-2004, 12:50 AM
I used From Way Downtown's take as part of my original column:

www.woai.com/spurs/story....2A52695A15 (http://www.woai.com/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=86CA6785-AB00-43CF-A280-9D2A52695A15)

I will use excerpts from all of your takes in upcoming editions over the next few days/weeks.

Nice breakdown Nikos.

Keep 'em coming.

Das Texan
08-24-2004, 01:01 AM
Spurs didnt lose anyone significant.

they improved on one of their biggest weaknesses (shooting)

that shooter also is one of the more underrated defenders in this league.

the spurs still have no real backup center...but again if Malik Rose and Pop can work out their problems, we will be fine.

at the backup point, we are going with an unproven udrich. but barry can also play point.

the biggest weakness for the spurs is at the 3.

its a lack of size primarily. I expect the spurs to go small when bowen is out of the game.

you could also see horry play some 3 in some situtions as well.

overall the spurs have done a good job in teh offseason. kept the team together. improved the biggest weakness. got some question marks...but all teams will have that early.

Walton Buys Off Me
08-24-2004, 08:52 AM
The season comes down to which Tim Duncan shows up. Duncan was ordinary at best against the Grizzlies and Lakers in last year's playoffs, something that can't and shouldn't ever happen if the Spurs want to beat a team worth a damn. I was the only one illustrating this but since we swept the hapless Grizzlies, nobody cared. He continued his half -assed, my-mother-is-making-me-do-it play against Los Angeles and the Spurs got trounced four straight. Say what you want about .4 this, .4 that, but even in the games San Antonio won, they surrendered double-digit leads in the third quarters and were saved by Tony Parker, not Tim Duncan, who cowered at the knees of Shaq for six straight games.

If Tim Duncan plays like the dominant MVP we've all seen from him, the same guy that dropped 35 on Shaq's head in game 6 of the 2003 Western Semi-Finals, then winning is merely a formality and the Spurs should go something like 16-2 in the playoffs. Duncan is the straw that stirs the drink but he needs to return to MVP form this year. He did not dominate a single game last year- be it regular season or playoffs. The Spurs roster looks great on paper, I'm a little worried about Udrih, but Barry will soar in San Antonio, I'm sure of that. Those advocating the signing of Stephen Jackson over Brent Barry don't understand the philosophy behind Spurs basketball. Barry brings more to the table in his little toe than Jackson does in his whole body.

Spurs will win the title this year- over Larry's Pistons in the Finals.

Ruby Ridge
08-24-2004, 09:53 AM
While the Spurs improved on paper, I expect some slippage this season due to Tim Duncan not having an MVP type season. As Duncan goes, so go the Spurs.

The Olympics will play havoc with the Spurs about mid-season as Duncan's body begins to need rest. Pop will be mindful of this early on and try to rest his star as much as possible but will Rasho, Malik and Massenberg be enough to let him do that? This humble poster thinks not.

I don't even mention Marks because he is practice fodder. The guy won't any playing time this year unless there is an injury on the frontline.

Massenberg will be helpful. I can envision him and Tim playing together on the frontline but that means Tim is still playing rather than catching a blow on the bench.

Should Tim remain uneffected by the Olympics, the key lies with Rasho and Malik. Rasho will not have to look for the dates the Spurs play the Lakers anymore and swallow hard. His toughest nights likely will be against Dallas. I would like to see his outside shooting, rebounding and free throw shooting improve.

Malik is an enigma. Will the high energy sixth man of the year candidate show up? Or will we see more "Domalik"? I look for Malik to be a major contributor this year and to continue to grow as a team leader and locker room presence.

Oddly enough, this year the perimeter has less concerns.

The addition of Brent Barry has been discussed ad nauseum about his outside shooting and back up point guard skills. Thing is, the perimeter consists of Tony Parker, Manu and Bruce Bowen starting. Back ups will be Barry, Devin and Beno.

Parker should continue to mature. I want to see more consistency in his outside shooting and free throw shooting. Also, pick and roll, pick and roll, pick and roll.

Manu too will have played in the Olympics and has shown a bit of tendency to get dinged up during a season and miss games. I expect more of the same so Brown becomes even more important.

I expect the Spurs will squeeze a lot of Barry's minutes in backing up Bowen. Both are over 30 so the minutes may be split fairly evenly depending on situations and we know Pop is a situation coach.

If I were to make a bold prediction, it would be that Beno will emerge as a stud. I have nothing to base this upon other than Pop and RC have demonstrated a knack for finding gems in the lower part of the first round or in the second round.

Prediction: If Duncan stays healthy, Spurs will win around 58 games and that will be tops in the highly competitive west. (They will also start slow like they always do under Pop)

Jimcs50
08-24-2004, 11:32 AM
8th seed

bigzak25
08-24-2004, 01:17 PM
the team is still short one shooter and Tony Parker needs Postseason Nutz.

the only other thing that bothers me about our Spurs is TD's freethrows....

BigVee
08-24-2004, 01:56 PM
Spurs 04-05

A major strength is the fact that there is a core group of veterans returning, with offensive and defensive principles already pounded into their brain. Not only does this bode well for a better start than last year, but it eliminates some of the coach's experimentation to find the right mix. Even added veterans are more predictable. You are pretty sure what you will get with Duncan, Bowen, Horry, Barry, Massenberg, guys who have been around for awhile.

Another strength is the anticipated improvement in Parker, Ginobili, Brown, Rasho and Rose. Each should hopefully demonstrate elevated play this year, and a couple of those guys played close to all-star level last year.

What Marks, Beno, Sato will bring to the team is reallly unknown at this point. Malone? A plus, but not imperative.

Defense should be very solid.

Areas of concern include free throw shooting, (cost the best overall record in the league last year), inconsistent center play, turnovers, and those periodic letdowns that a great team should not have. Barry is seen as the outside shooting "saviour", but he can't shoulder that alone, everyone needs to shoot more consistently, and I think they will.

Injuries of course, are always a concern, but are unpredictable and part of the game. You just hope everyone stays reasonably healthy this year.

So, what to expect? If this team can avoid any major injuries, and the younger guys improve as expected, this Spurs team is going to be VERY difficult to beat, and fun to watch.

timvp
08-25-2004, 04:16 AM
It's tough to say how good the Spurs will be. Brent Barry in place of Hedo Turkoglu promises to help the perimeter shooting. Beno Udrih looks like he can be a solid backup point guard. Tony Massenburg, Sean Marks, Robert Horry and the newly loved Malik Rose seem like they should be able to hold down the fort behind Tim Duncan and Rasho Nesterovic. Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili one year older and one year wiser should do nothing but help.

But what if Barry comes down with whatever ailed Charlie Ward, Steve Smith and any number of failed playoff shooters? What if Udrih isn't ready for the big time? What if Pop begins to hate Rose again and the Spurs are left with a hole in the middle? And what if the Olympics sap the energy from Duncan and Ginobili to the point that they become prone to injury and fatigue?

Right now the answer is up in the air. The Spurs look good on paper but the "what ifs" are scary.

Solid D
08-25-2004, 02:02 PM
sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=aldridge_david&id=1844534 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=aldridge_david&id=1844534)

You may recall this assessment by David Aldridge, rating all 30 teams' offseason moves. It was done in late July, so it is not completely current.

Spurs were ranked #2 of the 30, second only to Utah.

KoriEllis
08-25-2004, 03:26 PM
Pop OFits and Nikos ...

www.woai.com/spurs/story....0D0AF41D4C (http://www.woai.com/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=C463911E-389D-45CD-9A00-EB0D0AF41D4C)

Solid D
08-25-2004, 07:32 PM
Wanted: One Small Forward with size who can defend. - Pop OFits

Update: This position has now been FILLED.

ducks
08-25-2004, 07:41 PM
spurs sign mailman they would have a very deep team now

Solid D
08-25-2004, 08:10 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_tony_parker.jpghttp://www.nba.com/media/act_emanuel_ginobili.jpghttp://www.nba.com/media/act_bruce_bowen.jpghttp://www.nba.com/media/act_tim_duncan.jpghttp://www.nba.com/media/act_radoslav_nesterovic.jpg

http://goodyear.adriaticbasket.com/slike/slike-vijesti/beno_udrih.jpghttp://www.nba.com/media/act_brent_barry.jpghttp://www.nba.com/media/act_devin_brown.jpghttp://www.nba.com/media/act_robert_horry.jpghttp://www.nba.com/media/act_malik_rose.jpg

.............................http://www.eurobasket.com/AcPhotos_Players/Guessagba-Sato_Romain.jpghttp://www.nba.com/media/act_linton_johnson.jpghttp://www.nba.com/media/act_tony_massenburg.jpghttp://www.nba.com/media/act_sean_marks.jpg

Kevin Kaster
08-26-2004, 06:21 AM
Spurs are easily in the best position to win the title this year. Pistons are being overrated because they met a slow, unathletic and injured Lakers team. Pistons struggle with quick athletic teams that can rebound. Spurs can exploit those three Pistons weaknesses with Parker and Duncan alone. Brown and Manu off the bench will really hurt Detriot.

Assuming Barry doesn't pull a Hedo, he'll be money from basically everywhere. Fills the need at backup 1, and can still defend pretty well too.

Anyway, the last great team besides the Spurs is now gone with Shaq in Miami, so Lakers would need Malone back and healthy to beat up Duncan again and they'd need Kobe to turn into MJ over the course of the season to have a shot at beating the Spurs. Very likely isn't going to happen.

Twolves last year weren't good enough to beat the Spurs, so they certainly aren't going to do it this year with Spree and Cassell both 35 years old. Hudson will be a big X-factor for the Twolves, he could really kill the Spurs.

Kings are done now that Vlade is gone and Peja wants out. They may not even win the Pacific over the Lakers. Still can't defend the paint. They'll get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round.

Denver's too young and really just isn't that good with Melo leading them, so they have no chance. Kenyon isn't good enough to do much more than make them a 4th or 5th seed.

Mavs could do some damage with Dampier and Dirk, but passing is a concern for them with Nash gone, and they may not develop any chemistry by the postseason.

No one else in the West can compete. Only the Pistons and Pacers in the East can compete (Heat are much too thin). Pistons are the better team unless Jermaine takes it up a notch next year. Pistons will be in the Finals, assuming no one is injured at the wrong time during the course of the season.

So, assuming Duncan is Duncan (and he's healthy), Spurs will beat the Pistons in the Finals 4-1 or 4-2 this year.

freako806
07-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Spurs won the championship!

Walton Buys Off Me
07-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Spurs will win the title this year- over Larry's Pistons in the Finals.

Posted by yours truly on 08-24-2004, 09:52 AM

Thank you

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Spurs will in the title in 7 games against Detroit. In game 5, Robert Horry will show why he was brought back and hit the game winner in OVERTIME after owning the Pistons in the 4th and overtime.

The Spurs will then lose the 6th game at home and be called out, Tim the biggest victem of the name calling. He was show up in the third qt. of game 7 and take over to help lead the Spurs to a third title.

Posted by TheWriter on 08-23-2004, 07:22 PM

TwoHandJam
07-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Spurs will in the title in 7 games against Detroit. In game 5, Robert Horry will show why he was brought back and hit the game winner in OVERTIME after owning the Pistons in the 4th and overtime.

The Spurs will then lose the 6th game at home and be called out, Tim the biggest victem of the name calling. He was show up in the third qt. of game 7 and take over to help lead the Spurs to a third title.

Holy crap that post was right on the money! Scary shit!