PDA

View Full Version : kirilenko for parker?

silk
06-15-2006, 07:51 AM
I hesitated between manu and tony and some posters from an another board helped me to find out this trade would help tremendously both teams. what do you think of it? P-S i'm from France and i like Parker i just think about spurs team balance and efficiency.

pache100
06-15-2006, 07:54 AM
No. This would not help the Spurs. And, I don't give a hoot what does or does not help Utah. No.

fyatuk
06-15-2006, 08:01 AM
I hesitated between manu and tony and some posters from an another board helped me to find out this trade would help tremendously both teams. what do you think of it? P-S i'm from France and i like Parker i just think about spurs team balance and efficiency.

Considering one of the downfalls of this team has been lack of a backup point guard, I don't think trading away our starter would be a good idea.

Although Kirilinko would fit nicely.

1Parker1
06-15-2006, 08:06 AM
:lol And who exactly would play starting PG? And don't say Manu/Barry, they are not PG's. It's one thing to play them for stretches as backups, but that is not their position.

silk
06-15-2006, 08:13 AM
I have some faith spurs staff could get a valuble pg a la jay williams or speedy claxton beno maybe.. but it certainly not be our strong position we can't be perfect everywhere

MadDog73
06-15-2006, 09:00 AM
I have some faith spurs staff could get a valuble pg a la jay williams or speedy claxton beno maybe.. but it certainly not be our strong position we can't be perfect everywhere

If anything was proved by this playoff, we need a good, reliable Point Guard.

Tony does that, and he's getting better. Take Tony away, and it's will take another two years or so to get this team in Championship shape, time the Spurs don't have.

We don't need a major adjustment, we just need some better back-ups for next year and we're golden.

cheguevara
06-15-2006, 09:01 AM
Jazz ain't that dumb

George Gervin's Afro
06-15-2006, 09:21 AM
I'd do it. Speedy Claxton could run the team if we added AK-47.. That kid, Kiraleinko, is dynamite!

50 cent
06-15-2006, 09:29 AM
F that. We don't need the grasshopper, especially for Tony.

Grasshopper can stay on the Mormon team. :td

waly.mg
06-15-2006, 09:30 AM
AK 47

:tu
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Blocks Per Game(3.19)
Ranks #18 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts(495.0)
Ranks #1 in the NBA in Blocks(220.0)
Ranks #15 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts Per 48 Minutes(9.12)
Ranks #3 in the NBA in Blocks Per 48 Minutes(4.06)
Ranks #15 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking(21.46)
Regular Season 15.3 Points

:td
Ranks #13 in the NBA in Turnovers Per Game(2.94)
Ranks #17 in the NBA in Turnovers Per 48 Minutes(3.74)
04-05 Games 41 Minutes 32.9
05-06 Games 69 Minutes 37.7
Playoffs 10.3 Points

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Aren't there some injury concerns about AK, as well? Having him would be appealing, but if you're going to put together a trade you shouldn't be trading away a player from a position where your depth is already suspect.

ALVAREZ6
06-15-2006, 09:45 AM
47>>>>>> Tp

FromWayDowntown
06-15-2006, 09:45 AM
I don't think you can say, "Oh well, we'll get Speedy Claxton to run the team, so this makes sense." That doesn't make sense for at least 2 reasons: (1) the Spurs still wouldn't have any significant money (MLE only) to throw at a starting point guard, to say nothing of an attempt to find an All-Star quality point; and (2) there's no evidence that Speedy Claxton or Jay Williams or Beno could successfully operate a championship caliber club through a regular season and post-season. The notion that someone would be comfortable handing over the reigns to Jay Williams strikes me as about the most preposterous idea I've read here recently.

You don't trade Tony Parker unless you get a superstar in return, and even then, I'd limit that list to a very precious few.

MoSpur
06-15-2006, 09:49 AM
No way will the Spurs do that.

SsKSpurs21
06-15-2006, 09:55 AM
As much as i love the idea of having AK on the team i wouldnt give up tony parker unless we can get deron williams also.

like everyone said its damn near impossible to find a backup PG. what would happen if we trade away our starter?

AK is also VERY injury prone. Dude is a stick who snaps every few months, then is glued back together and then snaps again.

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2006, 10:06 AM
i trade tp+rasho+filler for okur+deron williams :D:D ftw

pache100
06-15-2006, 10:16 AM
I have some faith spurs staff could get a valuble pg a la jay williams or speedy claxton beno maybe..

Um, yeah. Or, we could just keep the one we have. What a concept.

NBA Junkie
06-15-2006, 10:20 AM
AK is also VERY injury prone. Dude is a stick who snaps every few months, then is glued back together and then snaps again.

The very reason I wouldn't even consider making this trade.

Besides, his jumpshot is almost as suspect as Parker's

Dre_7
06-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Okay I love Manu and would never want to trade him. But AK47 for Manu would greatly help this team.

No way Utah is dumb enough to give SA AK-47 for Manu. Id be dancing in the streets if they did. But that is a No Chance In Hell senario.

Dre_7
06-16-2006, 12:27 AM
Yeah probably not...i think manu is older anyways but andrei must have the fatter contract...

picture this lineup:

PG-Parker
SG-Finley
SF-Bowen
PF-Kirilenko
C-Duncan

:smokin

Wow! Thats a back-to-back champion right there. But it wont happen.

MissAllThat
06-16-2006, 01:17 AM
No to this idea

Please_dont_ban_me
06-16-2006, 01:17 AM
So you'd have:

+Beno
+Manu
+Bowen
+Kirilenko
+Duncan

I could live with that.

I could live with it even better if we got Speedy, and offered him that starting job he so dearly covets.

jman3000
06-16-2006, 01:18 AM
I think that Bruce still has 2 or 3 years of being able to contribute heavy minutes. I don't see the Spurs playing small ball (hopefully) in extended stretches next year so I would say having 2 starter worthy SF's would be redundant. As much as I like AK's versatility, I think Tony/Bowen would give us more than Bowen/AK.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-16-2006, 01:18 AM
But...

1) TP doesn't fit the Jazz's system.
2) They already have Darren Williams
3) Why in the hell would they trade there bust guy who's a big, for a shaky kid who dissapears in the playoffs. Ok doesn't "dissapear" but "fades gently" I don't know what the word is, you get the point.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-16-2006, 01:20 AM
I think that Bruce still has 2 or 3 years of being able to contribute heavy minutes. I don't see the Spurs playing small ball (hopefully) in extended stretches next year so I would say having 2 starter worthy SF's would be redundant. As much as I like AK's versatility, I think Tony/Bowen would give us more than Bowen/AK.

I think he can easily play PF alongside Timmy.

TDMVPDPOY
06-16-2006, 01:50 AM
trade tp+rasho to utah for deron+filler, then we sign speedy

T Park
06-16-2006, 02:14 AM
trade an all star point guard for a guy that cant play half the season due to injury.

MORE GENIUS!!!!

jman3000
06-16-2006, 02:57 AM
I think he can easily play PF alongside Timmy.

That would mean we would be playing small ball. It would work if we had the minutes to spread around, but we don't. IMO this would not work:

1: (insert pg here)
2: Manu
3: Bowen
4: Kirilenko
4: Duncan

If Kirilenko was a bench player and not a border line allstar then it would be perfect to use in limited amounts of time. The problem is is that he IS a borderline allstar and he'd be playing hefty minutes.

ChumpDumper
06-16-2006, 03:39 AM
I wouldn't say they are set with Williams, but they won't give up AK to us, pure and simple.

AMOS7
06-16-2006, 05:50 AM
Williams and AK47 for Parker would be a great deal.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-16-2006, 04:03 PM
That would mean we would be playing small ball. It would work if we had the minutes to spread around, but we don't. IMO this would not work:

1: (insert pg here)
2: Manu
3: Bowen
4: Kirilenko
4: Duncan

If Kirilenko was a bench player and not a border line allstar then it would be perfect to use in limited amounts of time. The problem is is that he IS a borderline allstar and he'd be playing hefty minutes.

It's not really "small ball" like we played this year. Playing Mike Finley on Dirk and playing Kirelenko on Dirk is two totally different scenarios.

The fact Kirelenko is a borderline all-star is great. Don't forget he's also one o f the 5 best defenders in the game. Dude is abeast.

raspsa
06-17-2006, 12:51 AM
Yes Yes Yes

Texas_Ranger
06-17-2006, 01:20 AM
No thanks, then we don`t have a good PG.

v2freak
06-17-2006, 12:24 PM
:lol And who exactly would play starting PG? And don't say Manu/Barry, they are not PG's. It's one thing to play them for stretches as backups, but that is not their position.

I think Barry is highly effective at the point guard position. That's what he played in Seattle and he's always been a pass-first player. Why not let him distribute the ball to others who prefer to shoot first?

rayray2k8
06-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Why is this still open?

himat
06-17-2006, 08:36 PM
:lol :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao I've seen so many of these stupid trades I lost count. :lol :lol

Please_dont_ban_me
06-17-2006, 08:40 PM
I think Barry is highly effective at the point guard position. That's what he played in Seattle and he's always been a pass-first player. Why not let him distribute the ball to others who prefer to shoot first?

Because Barry has seemingly forgotten how to dribble the ball since coming here.

I would stick with Beno/Speedy/Whoever at point rather than Barry.

veruca
06-17-2006, 10:04 PM
No way, no way---who was the ONE guy who kept us where we were during the regular season when Manu and Tim were not 100%??? Even Pop himself acknowledged this + Utah wouldn't give up their best player. In looking at "possible trades", you should really consider realistic possibilities.

MissAllThat
06-17-2006, 10:51 PM
:lol :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao I've seen so many of these stupid trades I lost count. :lol :lol

exactly, whats next Dirk for Duncan? :rolleyes

Amarelooms
06-17-2006, 11:36 PM
I know it won't happen...but that lineup is pretty sick. However, the only people I would trade Manu for is LeBron or Wade. No one else.

Hahhaha...good one. Manu is not even a top 10 player....hell there's probably 20 players the Spurs would trade Manu for without even thinking twice about it.

MissAllThat
06-18-2006, 12:28 AM
Hahhaha...good one. Manu is not even a top 10 player....hell there's probably 20 players the Spurs would trade Manu for without even thinking twice about it.

But how many of those trades would actually ever happen or even come up?

Please_dont_ban_me
06-18-2006, 12:28 AM
No way, no way---who was the ONE guy who kept us where we were during the regular season when Manu and Tim were not 100%??? Even Pop himself acknowledged this + Utah wouldn't give up their best player. In looking at "possible trades", you should really consider realistic possibilities.

Is it realistic, no.

Would I do it? Hell yes.