spurs_fan_in_exile
06-15-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm sure Indy would jump at it.

waly.mg
06-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Oh Yes, and S-Jax too, and we can trade Pop for Don King

Kori Ellis
06-15-2006, 10:35 AM
Damn, maybe I should make one central thread for these ridiculous ideas. You don't trade players just to create holes in your starting lineup. JO for Manu/Tonu. AK for Tony (or Manu). Are y'all just trying to make the Spurs worse?

ducks
06-15-2006, 10:35 AM
trade to small men for a big?

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Jermaine @ PF
Duncan @ Center

how could we be beat?

then sign Speedy and get JR SMith and we are set

ducks
06-15-2006, 10:37 AM
and hope sppedy can play 82 games instead of 20?

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Jermaine @ PF
Duncan @ Center

how could we be beat?

then sign Speedy and get JR SMith and we are set

We'd get beat when Jermaine got injured AGAIN and our starting lineup was Duncan at center and Oberto at starting PF.

waly.mg
06-15-2006, 10:40 AM
and hope sppedy can play 82 games instead of 20?

82 Games 48 Minutes x Game and the Overtimes too

MoSpur
06-15-2006, 10:42 AM
OK. I thought I read the worst trade scenario a while back, but this one is worse. Keep them coming guys. Its hilarious.

sa_butta
06-15-2006, 10:43 AM
This would be a very nice tradeNo, How many times to we have to go over this?
Give them 2 guards for 1 center, who do suppose would be our starting PG?

DarrinS
06-15-2006, 10:43 AM
:drunk :smokin :vomit:

waly.mg
06-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Damn, maybe I should make one central thread for these ridiculous ideas. You don't trade players just to create holes in your starting lineup. JO for Manu/Tonu. AK for Tony (or Manu). Are y'all just trying to make the Spurs worse?

Yes, we can´t trade Tony-Manu-Bruce and TD
We can trade Rasho-Oberto-Barry-Horry-Udrih-Draft Rights
We can make a Sign and trade with Nazr
Probably Finley is too Cheaper for make a Trade, but if we can trade Rasho and Finley for a great player, this trade can work

SsKSpurs21
06-15-2006, 10:51 AM
one semi-par year and manu is being thrown to the dogs :depressed

losing manu AND parker would be disasterous.

MoSpur
06-15-2006, 11:11 AM
What is even funnier is the guys name is Spurs Dynasty 21. Trading those two guys would say goodbye dynasty. He would then have to change his name.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Right after TP had an all-star season and O'Neal missed how many games? I know he missed at least 30. Ain't no way. So ummmm...........no.

samikeyp
06-15-2006, 11:31 AM
It would be a nice trade.

For Dallas, Phoenix, LA and the rest of the Western conference.

apparently crack is getting cheaper and cheaper to get.

pawe
06-15-2006, 11:33 AM
why cant we just ignore these kinds of bogus trades coz obviously the thread starter doesnt know what he's talking about. trading out of position for the sake of getting "superstars"??? sheesh...

Slinkyman
06-15-2006, 11:34 AM
If we did that our front court would be awesome but our back court would be shit, i mean do you really wanna see beno starting?

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Are you fucking retarded?

Hellllllllllllllllll no. Maybe for Tony Parker and change. Not for Tony AND Manu though.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 12:56 PM
If we did that our front court would be awesome but our back court would be shit, i mean do you really wanna see beno starting?

My initial reaction this thought would be to puke.

But then, think about it...in the twin towers days we didn't have a GREAT point guard in Avery. Hell before playing for the spurs and winning the championship he was barely AVERAGE.

So maybe that team could run with Beno. But I wouldn't give up Manu.

O'neal
Duncan
Bowen
Manu
Beno

Me likes :D

T Park
06-15-2006, 01:13 PM
yeah trade an all star point guard, wich are, VERY Hard to find, for an always injured overrated bigman.

This goes in Kori's "Stupid posts/threads by PDBM"

Kori Ellis
06-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Jermaine is always injured in the last few seasons and makes 18M/year.

I'm not sure I'd trade any Spur for him.

Okay, maybe Nazr.

Texas_Ranger
06-15-2006, 01:18 PM
If we trade Parker and Manu who will play on their positions. And why do we need 2 good PF?

lebomb
06-15-2006, 02:06 PM
This is one dumbazz thread............./ please.

Leetonidas
06-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Good idea. Maybe we can trade Tim Duncan for Jerome James, too.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 02:20 PM
yeah trade an all star point guard, wich are, VERY Hard to find, for an always injured overrated bigman.

Whatever you say, big boy.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 02:25 PM

"Always injured"???

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jermaine_oneal/index.html?nav=page

(keep in mind, he missed a bunch of games that one season for the Pistons brawl)

Overrated?

I guess that's a matter of opinion. But I'll take all-star appearances and playoff experiences over your opinion. :king He may not be THE BEST big man in the game, but he's definately top 5.

Leetonidas
06-15-2006, 02:26 PM
I would not trade one of the fastest point guards in the game. Tony's jumpshot is starting to improve and once he can consistently hit it, he'll be unguardable.

Kori Ellis
06-15-2006, 02:28 PM
He missed 31 games this year due to injury. And in the brawl season, he missed 15 to the suspension and 23 to injury.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 02:29 PM
I would not trade one of the fastest point guards in the game. Tony's jumpshot is starting to improve and once he can consistently hit it, he'll be unguardable.

I'd consider doing the deal for Manu as well.

The guy is about the same age as Manu, but Manu's style of play just makes you worry. O'neal probably will be in the league as long as Duncan is. They'll probably end up retiring right around each other. Manu on the other hand...god knows.

+ TP
+ Finley
+ Bowen
+ Duncan
+ O'neal

Not too bad either.

Leetonidas
06-15-2006, 02:47 PM
I'd consider doing the deal for Manu as well.

The guy is about the same age as Manu, but Manu's style of play just makes you worry. O'neal probably will be in the league as long as Duncan is. They'll probably end up retiring right around each other. Manu on the other hand...god knows.

+ TP
+ Finley
+ Bowen
+ Duncan
+ O'neal

Not too bad either.

Manu is indespensible. He will never be traded.

1Parker1
06-15-2006, 02:50 PM
I'd do the trade :tu

We can just have scared Beno pushing the ball up court as our starting PG and the inconsistent, defense-challenged Brent Barry play starting SG. :)

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 02:52 PM
I'd do the trade :tu

We can just have scared Beno pushing the ball up court as our starting PG and the inconsistent, defense-challenged Brent Barry play starting SG. :)

:elephant

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Manu is indespensible. He will never be traded.

Never say never.

He PROBABLY won't ever be traded. I would be SURPRISED if he was. But I can't with a straight face say he's indispensible and would NEVER be trades. That would be silly.

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Good idea. Maybe we can trade Tim Duncan for Jerome James, too.

will give us legitimate reason to tank, then greg oden here he come

DFW Spurs
I've got a better one. We can trade Duncan for a six packet of Old Milwaukee’s best and Manu/Parker for a bag of Funonions. WTF is wrong with you.

Please_dont_ban_me
Is Greg Ostertag available? :elephant

T Park
06-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Overrated?

I guess that's a matter of opinion. But I'll take all-star appearances and playoff experiences over your opinion. He may not be THE BEST big man in the game, but he's definately top 5.

yeah Parker has 1, and lots of playoff expeirence, and Parker is a top 5 point guard.

Keep diggin genius.

He missed 31 games this year due to injury. And in the brawl season, he missed 15 to the suspension and 23 to injury

LIke I said.

Always injured.

nkdlunch
06-15-2006, 03:01 PM
^ If you're reading this thank the Japanese for making pcs cheap!

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 03:04 PM
yeah Parker has 1, and lots of playoff expeirence, and Parker is a top 5 point guard.

Keep diggin genius.

LIke I said.

Always injured.

Two seasons does not a "always" make genius.

If missing 13 games is your definition of "always injured" then Manu has been too. He has 65 adn 69 games in 2 of his 4 years here. The other 2 years being 77 and 74 games.

How about YOU keep digging. k?

Kori Ellis
06-15-2006, 03:05 PM
No, it doesn't make "always" but those are his most recent seasons. Maybe it's a trend. 23 and 31 is a lot. Would you want a player that misses every third game or so?

And yes, Manu is injured often as well. But missing 13 games isn't the same as missing 30+.

SsKSpurs21
06-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Jermaine O'neal is not the answer to our problems. He will end up riding the pine like nazr and rasho did against Dallas. He wont be able to guard Dirk and is too small to battle damp/diop for rebounds. this again will leave us with Duncan and 4 guards, but this time no manu and tony. doesnt look pretty to me.

right now our main focus should be how to combat Dallas' small ball lineup. They are now the hunted as we once were. They are the hurdle that we will need to get over to win another championship.

jospurs
06-15-2006, 03:10 PM
This would be a very nice trade
parker and ginobili are as good as duncan

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 03:11 PM
No, it doesn't make "always" but those are his most recent seasons. Maybe it's a trend. 23 and 31 is a lot. Would you want a player that misses every third game or so?

And yes, Manu is injured often as well. But missing 13 games isn't the same as missing 30+.

He's only really missed a big chunk of the seaon once.

The other time was because of the brawl. Injuries happen, but I wouldn't say he's injury prone or anything.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 03:12 PM
Jermaine O'neal is not the answer to our problems. He will end up riding the pine like nazr and rasho did against Dallas. He wont be able to guard Dirk and is too small to battle damp/diop for rebounds. this again will leave us with Duncan and 4 guards, but this time no manu and tony. doesnt look pretty to me.

right now our main focus should be how to combat Dallas' small ball lineup. They are now the hunted as we once were. They are the hurdle that we will need to get over to win another championship.

On the contrary

Have you seen J'Oneal guard Sheed? Not to say Sheed and Dirk are equal, but there playing styles definately are comparable. JO does a decent job on sheed, and I think would not ride by the bench like Rasho/Nazr.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-15-2006, 03:36 PM
well Manu for J Oneal would even better

clubalien
06-15-2006, 03:44 PM
yeah manu for J would be great
but O'neal makes max
If Pacers trade away ron artest they won't have a "franchise" star to build team around or atleats to bring fans to buy tickets
so manu for J just seems to far fetched

manu, barry, rasho, scola, draft picks all seem like people I would be willing to trade for J

himat
06-15-2006, 03:56 PM
I think thw wallaces couls still give it their all on Duncan and JO, but if spurs did that they have major holes everywhere else. I wouldn't want a backcourt of Udrih/Barry.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-15-2006, 04:00 PM
I think thw wallaces couls still give it their all on Duncan and JO, but if spurs did that they have major holes everywhere else. I wouldn't want a backcourt of Udrih/Barry.

LMAO, Duncan single handedly outplayed the Wallaces in the 05 Finals

Duncan and Oneal would destroy the Walleces

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-15-2006, 04:10 PM
id stick with parker & manu anyday then to have jo on our team. aint gonna happen so its all good.

i love reading all this manu trade shit cause in the end manu is a great player who consistently gives his all unlike most of the players in the nba. even though he might had made a couple of big mistakes in recent games that aint no reason to start downing the guy and wanting to trade him..... i bet all these pussies who want to trade manu have his jersey tucked away in their closets just waiting to bust it out when the bandwagon comes back around in '07.

pussies!

rayray2k8
06-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Are you stupid or something bro? :wtf
Somebody needs to lock up the liquor cabinet.

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Are you stupid or something bro? :wtf
Somebody needs to lock up the liquor cabinet.

i dont know about no liquor cause i drink beer.

but yeah why the fuck do we need jo anyhow? yes we need a bigman and all but jo come on now it wont happen. ever..... im liking the prospect you all have been mentioning though in javtokas or however its spelt. shit to tell you the truth i dont know if i care to change any of our lineup except maybe horry, marks, and sanders.

SsKSpurs21
06-15-2006, 04:35 PM
i love reading all this manu trade shit cause in the end manu is a great player who consistently gives his all unlike most of the players in the nba. even though he might had made a couple of big mistakes in recent games that aint no reason to start downing the guy and wanting to trade him..... i bet all these pussies who want to trade manu have his jersey tucked away in their closets just waiting to bust it out when the bandwagon comes back around in '07.

i agree, i said earlier in this thread, he has one semi-par season and people think he is a scrub.

oh how soon we forget the 05 playoffs and finals.

strangeweather
06-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Rasho Duncan Bruce Manu Tony >>>>> Duncan O'Neil Bruce Finley Beno

Kori Ellis
06-15-2006, 05:49 PM
He's only really missed a big chunk of the seaon once.

The other time was because of the brawl. Injuries happen, but I wouldn't say he's injury prone or anything.

No, he missed 23 games because of injuries in 2004-05 (and an additional 15 games because of the brawl). That's over 25% of the games missed due to injury.

This season, he missed 31 games due to injury. That's almost 40% of the season.

So that's 2 times... back to back years that he's missed a big chunk of the season due to injury.

romsey31
06-16-2006, 08:06 AM
Jermaine is always injured in the last few seasons and makes 18M/year.

I'm not sure I'd trade any Spur for him.

Okay, maybe Nazr.

We dont want any Spur either :)

romsey31
06-16-2006, 08:11 AM

Its not his fault a player cheap shot him and bent his arm backwards...he shot the two freethrows with his left hand and made both ( something Duncan couldnt do with his right hand). He also made a speedy recovery and was back in time.

the second time he landed arkwardly on his knee and it bent backwards. He came back wayyy ahead of scedule on that also. The guy is a warrior and fights through injuries. They thought he'd miss the rest of the regular season with both injuries...he didnt even miss half. That say alot.

MadDog73
06-16-2006, 08:52 AM
Its not his fault a player cheap shot him and bent his arm backwards...he shot the two freethrows with his left hand and made both ( something Duncan couldnt do with his right hand). He also made a speedy recovery and was back in time.

the second time he landed arkwardly on his knee and it bent backwards. He came back wayyy ahead of scedule on that also. The guy is a warrior and fights through injuries. They thought he'd miss the rest of the regular season with both injuries...he didnt even miss half. That say alot.

Romsey convinced me... Tim Duncan for J-O.

romsey31
06-16-2006, 09:32 AM
Romsey convinced me... Tim Duncan for J-O.
Dont be an idiot :blah Indy would never take that trade :lol :lol :lol

I'm kidding ( for all the slow people)

clubalien
06-16-2006, 10:36 AM
but we already traded duncan for lebron