06-15-2006, 11:15 AM
C: Javtokas/Rasho
PF: Duncan/Scola/Horry/Oberto
SF: Bowen/Finley/Jumaine Jones
SG: Manu/JR Smith
PG: Parker/Beno

Out: Nazr, Barry, Van Exel
In: Javtokas, Scola, Jumaine Jones, JR Smith

this seems possible and quite reasonable.

Kori Ellis
06-15-2006, 11:22 AM
I don't think they will be able pay Javtokas, Scola and JJones for 7M total. But it's not impossible.

Kori Ellis
06-15-2006, 11:25 AM
I don't think Scola is coming. He very well might be, but for some reason I don't think he is -- especially if Javtokas is coming.

Pop stressed that getting a backup PG was a priority, so that's got to be somewhere in the mix.

This is one of those offseasons that I have no clue what's going to happen. As long as they keep Manu, Tim, Tony, Bruce and Finley, I don't really care what happens to the rest of them though.

Solid D
06-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Scola's rights probably have a very high value right now.

silk
06-15-2006, 11:33 AM
c-duncan
f-harrington ( spurs front office is able...)
f-linton johnson
g-manu
g-tp

waly.mg
06-15-2006, 11:46 AM
I don't think Scola is coming. He very well might be, but for some reason I don't think he is -- especially if Javtokas is coming.

Pop stressed that getting a backup PG was a priority, so that's got to be somewhere in the mix.

This is one of those offseasons that I have no clue what's going to happen. As long as they keep Manu, Tim, Tony, Bruce and Finley, I don't really care what happens to the rest of them though.

I donīt think that we need a backup PG

If TP isnīt playing good we can Run the Offense with Beno, Manu, Barry or Finley, but with Duncan with his Foot Troubles, we need a player who can play minutes inside the paint

A Good Pf or a Center with Offense, we have a greatest PF of the Last 10 years, but he canīt play 40 minutes, so we need a player who can play as a PF for 10 minutes and some minutes as Center or SF, with Rebounds and some defense

Bruno
06-15-2006, 11:47 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42723

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43480

rayray2k8
06-15-2006, 11:50 AM
c-duncan
f-linton johnson
g-manu
g-tp
How does that work out??

Solid D
06-15-2006, 11:53 AM
waly.mg - I think the decision at backup PG may rest in defending opposing 1s and press-breaking abilities. Beno does a real fine job entering the offense when he doesn't have a strong on-ball defender in front of him. Defensively, the Spurs cannot defend quick 1s with wing players, with maybe Bruce as the exception.

Solid D
06-15-2006, 11:55 AM
c-duncan
f-linton johnson
g-manu
g-tp

Linton Johnson? What has he ever done to merit significant minutes or even be mentioned in the same breath with TP, Manu or Bruce Bowen?

Texas_Ranger
06-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Nesterovic/Javtokas/Oberto/Marks
Duncan/Horry/Scola
Bowen/JR Smith
Ginobili/Finley/Senders
Parker/Claxton/Beno

Out:Nick Van Exel, Barry,Nazr

MoSpur
06-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Linton???? What the hell? How did he show up on our starting lineup? Al Harrington? I seriously doubt. A lot of teams want him and will throw more money at him than the Spurs.

Mr. Body
06-15-2006, 12:43 PM
The three most likely moves have been widely acknowledged in this thread:

A) Javtokas coming over.
B) Scola coming over.
C) JR Smith trade for Brent Barry revisited.

I'm beginning to see Scola as NOT a Spur next year, but his rights being traded elsewhere and playing elsewhere in the NBA in 2006-2007.

We're not hearing anything about Scola right now. That doesn't mean much, but I'm thinking the Front Office is looking into a wide array of trades centering around draft day.

Javtokas seems a done deal. I'm not sure about the JR Smith trade happening.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Rasho
Duncan
Bowen
Manu
Parker

Bench:

+Speedy
+Jared Jeffries
+Finley
+Javkotas
+JR Smith
+Horry

:D I can dream, can't I.

texasqb2
06-15-2006, 12:48 PM
I feel like we're going to do a sign an trade with Nazr. I have the feeling Rasho stays, just b/c we know what we're going to get from him (not much but Javotkas and Scola are question marks). I am eager to see who we might be able to get for him.

I believe Javotkas is a done deal. BTW, how do you pronounce his name. I don't want to brag to non-spur fans like I did the offseason before Manu came and I was telling them all wait til you guys see Gino-billy. Scola scares me. We thought we were going to get more from Oberto and we didn't, so I think Scola may have more question marks now. I'd love to be able to trade his rights in the draft and get like a J.J. Redick.

The guy I want to see us get this offseason is Speedy Claxton. We haven't had a serviceable backup since he left us. I am not sure the whole Barry for J.R. Smith thing is going to happen and I don't know how I feel about it, but I trust Pop/RC. I also hope I don't have to see Horry on our roster next year, almost as mad at him as I was at Nick.

I think are priorities are as followed:

1) Sign Javotkas or Scola.
2) Sign and trade Nazr for a legit starting 3. I think this is the year Bowen comes off the bench.
3) Back-up PG

Bottom line is we will have Parker, Ginobili, Finley, Bowen, and Duncan on our squad next year.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 12:49 PM
SR is reporting Spurs are interested in the big guy out of...damn, same one as that Pitsnogol kid.

Anyways, you think Spurs consider trading the rights to Scola for that pick?

Kori Ellis
06-15-2006, 12:54 PM
I believe Javotkas is a done deal. BTW, how do you pronounce his name. I don't want to brag to non-spur fans like I did the offseason before Manu came and I was telling them all wait til you guys see Gino-billy.

I hear it pronounced as YAV-ta-cuss. We were discussing it in another thread, but I'm not sure how it's supposed to be pronounced.

Kori Ellis
06-15-2006, 12:57 PM
SR is reporting Spurs are interested in the big guy out of...damn, same one as that Pitsnogol kid.

Anyways, you think Spurs consider trading the rights to Scola for that pick?

Are you talking about Aaron Gray?

There's a thread about it here.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43278&highlight=aaron+gray

Solid D
06-15-2006, 01:04 PM
I've heard the NBAtv telecasts call him Yav'-ta-cuss, as Kori mentioned. However, Sam Presti, called him Yav-toke'-us, when he was on SportsSunday a couple of weekends ago and some of the vids with sound sounded sort of like Yav-toke-us.

Maybe he'll be interviewed sometime soon and someone can get him to pronounce it properly.

Kori Ellis
06-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Yav-toke'-us - That's how I used to think it was pronounced until I started hearing it in broadcasts. Presti should know though :lol so I'd guess he's right.

ShoogarBear
06-15-2006, 01:09 PM
Scola's rights probably have a very high value right now.

Yes, and given that it's not clear if he would address any Spur needs, I say get one in the hand now for his rights.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 01:10 PM
How's that saying go...

A bird in hand is better than a finger in the bush?

V-2
06-15-2006, 02:56 PM
TP/Udrih/Dixon
Manu/FinDog
BB/Jum.Jones
TD/Scola/Cabarkapa
Rasho/Horry/Oberto

kskonn
06-15-2006, 02:57 PM
TP/Udrih/Dixon
Manu/FinDog
BB/Jum.Jones
TD/Scola/Cabarkapa
Rasho/Horry/Oberto

what did we get for Barry?

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 02:58 PM
TP/Udrih/Dixon
Manu/FinDog
BB/Jum.Jones
TD/Scola/Cabarkapa
Rasho/Horry/Oberto

Uhh, no.

TP/Dixon/Udrih

jospurs
06-15-2006, 03:07 PM
C: Javtokas/Rasho
PF: Duncan/Scola/Horry/Oberto
SF: Bowen/Finley/Jumaine Jones
SG: Manu/JR Smith
PG: Parker/Beno

Out: Nazr, Barry, Van Exel
In: Javtokas, Scola, Jumaine Jones, JR Smith

this seems possible and quite reasonable.
i think the linup the spurs have by now is as good as your lineup
:blah

jospurs
06-15-2006, 03:08 PM
Uhh, no.

TP/Dixon/Udrih
and i think its parker /udrih

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 03:13 PM
and i think its parker /udrih

:madrun

I said, Parker/Dixon/Udrih dammit!

Bruno
06-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Dixon is a SG not a PG.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Dixon is a SG not a PG.

He can run the point off the bench.

Bruno
06-15-2006, 03:30 PM

No.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 03:31 PM
No.

Dixon > Beno

timmydmvp
06-15-2006, 03:34 PM
bring in BIG BEN lol jk

Bruno
06-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Dixon > Beno

Duncan > Beno.
Duncan should be our backup PG. :lol

Dixon isn't a PG, just watch him play.
As backup PG, Beno >>>>>> Dixon.

V-2
06-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Beno=slower than the replay.

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Beno=slower than the replay.

beno = bad hands..... point guards arent supposed to be sloppy with their handles! i dont care if the ladies think beno is easy on the eyes....i for one think he alright but not backup material. as for parker hes getting better but he still occasionally lobs up some stupid ass shots and laughs them off, thats something i wish he would stop but im overly excited about how he played this season.

id have to go with speedy for backup cause i liked the guy when he was on our team and he contributed in big ways during the season.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Duncan > Beno.
Duncan should be our backup PG. :lol

Dixon isn't a PG, just watch him play.
As backup PG, Beno >>>>>> Dixon.

To be honest, I would rather see Timmy play point-forward then Beno.

Das Texan
06-15-2006, 05:18 PM

*and Sean Marks

beirmeistr
06-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Center: Rasho/Oberto/Javtokas
PF: Ducan/Horry
SF: Bowen/Finley (equal split in minutes)
SG: Ginobili/Barry
PG: Parker/Claxton/Udrih

I am assuming that this player Javtokas can also play PF.
I'm not crazy about Rasho's lack of speed but I am doubtful that he can be traded.

Solid D
06-15-2006, 08:00 PM

Maybe FROM the bench.
Just what the Blazers need, a-slasher/curler-off-screens PG!!!

Solid D
06-15-2006, 08:01 PM
beno = bad hands.....

Beno has bad hands? When? Where?

gospursgojas
06-15-2006, 11:36 PM
Beno has bad hands? When? Where?

The 50 times he turned the ball over trying to dribble around his back @ halfcourt....

Solid D
06-15-2006, 11:49 PM
Okay, so he turned the ball over dribbling behind his back once or twice. That doesn't mean he has bad hands. He's a great passer, particularly on the break and in post entry. He has good hand/eye coordination. He doesn't double catch passes. His assist/TO ratio isn't breath-taking in 11 mpg but it's not that bad either. He's actually a pretty crafty player.

He just needs to work on bringing the ball up under pressure and learn to get stronger with the ball.

SPARKY
06-15-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm not seeing many other options for backup point.

Solid D
06-15-2006, 11:55 PM
Now Nazr's hands.... that's another story. One sports writer once opined wondering what the Spurs might have if Nazr would just take off the oven mitts.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Beno will be just fine working the backup. Remember when he scored 26 when Tony was injured?

gospursgojas
06-16-2006, 12:26 AM
Beno will be just fine working the backup. Remember when he scored 26 when Tony was injured?

Against the Pre-Paul, Hornets

Doug Collins
06-16-2006, 03:22 AM
I'm not seeing many other options for backup point.

I think Malik Rose would be a good option.

GrandeDavid
06-16-2006, 06:24 AM
Are you talking about Aaron Gray?

There's a thread about it here.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43278&highlight=aaron+gray

Pittsnogle went to West Virginia.

Streakyshooter08
06-16-2006, 06:54 AM
After watching the Dallas series, we need somebody who is able to defend Dirk. A quick athlethic 3 or a 4. Jared Jeffries has good lengh, I haven't seen him play a lot so I don't know how he might fit. But he seems to be a very interesting player. Tim Thomas might be too expensive. DerMarr Johnson and Jumaine Jones are also intersting players.

I think they will sign Javtokas, go for a long 3/4 and sign a backup PG. Nazr will leave for nothing. I don't really know who the Spurs could target as a backup PG though. I don't see quality PGs out there who are cheap AND good. Maybe they can somehow pull off a trade for Duhon (how much does he make)?!

A lineup I would really like is:

Rasho/ Javtokas/ Oberto
Timmy/ Horry/ Marks*
Bowen/ Jeffries
Manu/ Finley/ Barry/Sanders*
Tony/ Duhon/ Beno*

*= inactive