PDA

View Full Version : My trade proposal: Rasho & Rights to Scola

2centsworth
06-15-2006, 11:28 AM
for SJAX and Jasikevicius. Think SJAX has over stayed his welcome in Indy.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Who the hell is the 2nd guy?

I'd do it for SJax though...but ONLY if we have Javtokas inked already. Scola becomes despensible.

T Park
06-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Id do that trade.

Jasikevicius would be decent as the 3rd point guard.

MoSpur
06-15-2006, 01:30 PM
For some reason I think SJAX will eventually wind up in a Spurs uniform someday. Maybe not next year, but he will find his way back somehow.

velik_m
06-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Id do that trade.

Jasikevicius would be decent as the 3rd point guard.

he bitched in Indiana about not playing enough.

2centsworth
06-15-2006, 01:59 PM
he bitched in Indiana about not playing enough.
maybe all the more reason Indiana will part with him.

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2006, 02:02 PM
anthony johnson > european scrub mention

steph + anth 4 rasho + barry, since pacers larry bird was high on him signin with the pacers

Bruno
06-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Bad idea.
We don't need players like SJAX or Jasikevicius.
I rather keep Rasho and sign Scola.

clubalien
06-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Thing is sjax didn't seem to be all that whiney when he was here. but he sure is getting a bad rap once he left the spurs. I guess it has to do with the CIA pop not allowing leaks.

But if sjax would learn defense he just seems like the person we need to replace bowen in line up.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Thing is sjax didn't seem to be all that whiney when he was here. but he sure is getting a bad rap once he left the spurs. I guess it has to do with the CIA pop not allowing leaks.

But if sjax would learn defense he just seems like the person we need to replace bowen in line up.

Learn defense?

He was one of our better defenders when here. Him and Bowen would alternate on there best player...then they'd throw in Manu to mix it up.

leemajors
06-15-2006, 03:56 PM
sjax wouldn't want to play off the bench, which is exactly where he would be behind ginobili. we don't need another player coming in jacking up wild 3's.

clubalien
06-15-2006, 04:06 PM
lee, but what I am saying is he wouldn't be playing behind manu are starting infront of manu like he was before. That maybe he coudl start as the 3 and have bowen come off the bench. everyone says well you need to start bowen for him to be effective as player since he needs to be on the star, but bowen isn;t getting any younger and sjax would be who replaces him in the line up. Now some might disagree just saying everyone keeps wanting a so called long three.

ChumpDumper
06-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Jack would be getting paid, so he could just STFU and wait until Bowen hangs them up.

I would actually like to see the death threats issued fom the Argies if Manu was benched again.

wildbill2u
06-15-2006, 04:38 PM
for SJAX and Jasikevicius. Think SJAX has over stayed his welcome in Indy.

Doesn't it tell you something that Jax has 'overstayed his welcome in Indy' in such a short time?

Are you sure you want to put Manu on the bench for Jax? If not, what kind of attitude will Jax have after being a starter at SG for several years?

This proposal is a non-starter from every angle. :rolleyes

furry_spurry
06-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Thing is sjax didn't seem to be all that whiney when he was here.
Are you kidding? Steve Smith's only job that season was to babysit Jax. Coach Brown was the other guy who controlled him, and when he left Indy for Cleveland, it was not good for Jax.

2centsworth
06-15-2006, 06:25 PM
This proposal is a non-starter from every angle. :rolleyes
Then why ask so many questions?

SJAX is a good to above average defender and usually played well enough to keep Bruce on the bench in crunch time.

Though SJAX has some attitude questions, Jermaine ONeal and crew can make anyone look bad. SJAX has done and said very little that's been negative in Indy from what I can tell. He's just been the recipient of JOneal's constant bickering.

boutons_
06-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Stephen can't jump shoot worth shit, he's as bad as Nick,
not good when you are ONLY a scorer. He's not a slasher or driver, so when his jumper is stone cold, he's totally useless.

He won't rebound which is silly for his height, gets essentially no AST, many TOs, AST/TO is very low.

One-dimensional player "who keeps both teams in the game".

He hit some 3Gs as a Spur, and still tons of fans are kissing his ass forever.

rayray2k8
06-15-2006, 07:17 PM
I miss SJAX. :depressed
Hopefully he swing at guys on our team in the future. :lol

strangeweather
06-15-2006, 07:49 PM
The deal isn't a home run, but then again, it isn't far-fetched either.

The main downside is that we would absolutely have to find another contributor in the post in free agency. Adding Javtokas seems like a good move, but this will be his first year, and we'd be losing both Rasho and Nazr. We would need to pick up another center, another power forward, or maybe both.

intlspurshk
06-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Keep Socla and sign him to see what he can do is the best option the SPURS have this summer

Chris
06-15-2006, 10:33 PM
Why not, I got SJax on a trade for Barry straight up on NBA 2k6 and then I picked up K.Rush for Rasho :spin

But seriously though, it would be nice to have a consistent shooter who can hit from anywhere on offense besides Finley. Would definitely open up our game to evolve to this small ball resurrection in the NBA. They can keep Javes though :smokin I want Scola

50 cent
06-16-2006, 12:19 AM
For some reason I think SJAX will eventually wind up in a Spurs uniform someday. Maybe not next year, but he will find his way back somehow.
I hope so. SOON!

TDMVPDPOY
06-16-2006, 12:44 AM
ok how about we try get CV from toronto