PDA

View Full Version : Should we trade up in draft

cecil collins
06-15-2006, 12:08 PM
to get Darius Washington. He's a very skilled player, and this site (http://www.draftexpress.com/mock.php?y=2006) has him going number 49 to the Nuggets. Seems like it would be worth trading this years pick and next years second round pick for a talent to groom at backup PG.

MoSpur
06-15-2006, 12:17 PM
So Pop can leave him on the bench like he does Beno? No thanks.

ChumpDumper
06-15-2006, 03:24 PM
This draft is complete ass after the first six or so. Were just as likely to find a contributor in summer league as in the second round.

Mr. Body
06-15-2006, 03:28 PM
I don't see them drafting a point guard in the forseeable future. The learning curve is too high. If they trade up in the 2nd, it's just as likely to nab Bobby Jones.

Taking it to the Hole
06-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Right now, we need players who can immediately contribute and this years draft sucks. I wouldn't be suprised if we package it as part of some deal, or we draft another foreigner and let them stay put for awhile. I don't think we can expect to find a diamond in the rough like we did with Manu in this years draft, so the Spurs will look to the future, unless someone offers them something for that pick?

cecil collins
06-15-2006, 08:13 PM
I totally disagree with this draft being weak. It seems closer to average to me. Darius Washington is pretty damn talented, and I can't stand Memphis. I don't know about his attitude or work ethic, but he has skills. The draft always seems weak outside the lottery, so I don't know why that's an issue.

Mr. Body
06-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Washington is more of a scoring point guard. Not bad, but not what we need. If in a position to draft a Darius Washington, I'd rather the FO look at SFs instead.