PDA

View Full Version : Injured Marks won't face Knicks

Kori Ellis
10-15-2004, 02:30 AM
Spurs notebook: Injured Marks won't face Knicks
Web Posted: 10/14/2004 12:00 AM CDT

Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA101504.8D.BKNspursnotes.11ddff972.html

Forward Sean Marks sprained his back Thursday and did not accompany the Spurs to New York.

He was examined by the team's doctors, but it was not immediately known how long he will be sidelined. :(

Marks has played well during training camp, earning the praise of his coaches and teammates. He is competing for a spot on the team's active roster.

Forward Linton Johnson III (sprained left ankle) also will not play in Saturday afternoon's exhibition opener against New York.

The Spurs will work out today at Madison Square Garden.

Stick to your day jobs: The Spurs might not have practiced Wednesday, but they didn't completely take the day off.

Coach Gregg Popovich instead took the team to play softball.

"I was able to track down a few fly balls," Brent Barry said.

For some of the team's international players, it was their first opportunity to play the sport. Angolan guard Valter Monteiro had to be told more than once to drop the bat before running to first base. :lol

Robert Horry was one of the best players, so it wasn't a surprise to learn he's a baseball fan.

"I try to watch as much as possible," Horry said. "I'm kind of a 'Stros fan."

NZ Spurs
10-15-2004, 02:48 AM
Marks will never be injury free he is both unlucky and fragile.

timvp
10-15-2004, 02:48 AM
Forward Sean Marks sprained his back Thursday and did not accompany the Spurs to New York.

He was examined by the team's doctors, but it was not immediately known how long he will be sidelined.

Marks has played well during training camp, earning the praise of his coaches and teammates. He is competing for a spot on the team's active roster.

That sucks.

Duncan has been a big time Sean Marks fan all summer and into training camp. Duncan, along with the coaching staff, expected big things this year.

Hopefully it is something minor but when you start dealing with backs, it is usually long term.

T Park
10-15-2004, 03:05 AM
That sucks big time.

Marks IMO was gonna suprise some people, and probobly turn into IMO, he reminded me of a skinnier Matt Geiger.
He does bring toughness, and he has a great outside shot and can rebound.

Hope its speedy, but damn, backs are a bitch.

boutons
10-15-2004, 04:33 AM
Back doctors say 99% of all lower back spasms/cramps are over NO MATTER WHAT YOU (or don't do), but of course the back doctors love it when you waste $500 visiting them.

I don't remember Sean having back pains earlier, so let's hope this is chronic.

and yes, it REALLY REALLY sucks for Sean and for the Spurs.

Go Sean, Go Spurs

nzkickass
10-15-2004, 05:14 AM
:depressed :cry :bang :(

he'll be back (excuse the pun !!)

Damn that sux though, im a keen Marks fan and u don't like to see these things happen. When is the spurs 2nd game ? Does anyone know if he'll be ready for that ? Kori ?

xcoriate
10-15-2004, 07:13 AM
Shit the way they didn't put a timeline on it makes it seems worse than the casual expression "sprained". Thats sucks

Get well soon... umm.. ANZAC!!

Solid D
10-15-2004, 08:25 AM
Marks IMO was gonna suprise some people, and probobly turn into IMO T Park, does IMO stand for Injured Man Out?

Seriously, I hope Sean can get some rest and get back out on the court again, soon. This allows more time for Massenburg and Rose and Boomer.

Solid D
10-15-2004, 08:39 AM
I still think (even with Marks' back spasms) that Boomer may be the first to turn in his playbook.

boutons
10-15-2004, 09:45 AM
Massenburg has shown what he does/not do on 13 other NBA teams. Is anyone expecting him to have a "break out" year with the Spurs?

Solid D
10-15-2004, 10:32 AM
10-minute per game "Role players" don't usually have break-out years unless there is an injury to a key player. Brian Cardinal is one I can think of but it's not usual.

ShoogarBear
10-15-2004, 10:39 AM
Massenburg doesn't get injured, that's one thing we know.

ChumpDumper
10-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Mass is a tough mofo and can make some chippies.

That's about it.

Get well soon, Sean.

Kori Ellis
10-15-2004, 10:52 AM
The Spurs are very cautious with injuries. If Marks just hurt his back yesterday, they probably just figured that it was just preseason and not worth him flying back and forth. I'm sure (hoping) it's nothing major. The Spurs have been high on him all summer, so I hope he gets well real soon.

Marcus Bryant
10-15-2004, 11:00 AM
Who cares? This is the 4th big we are talking about.

ChumpDumper
10-15-2004, 11:01 AM
Well, you cared about the fourth big last year....

He's a Spur.

Solid D
10-15-2004, 11:02 AM
3-hour plane rides give me back spasms...particularly on some of the flights I've been on lately.

Marcus Bryant
10-15-2004, 11:03 AM
As did you, allegedly.

Of course, he should have been the 3rd big while the Kiwi should be the 5th or 6th.

ChumpDumper
10-15-2004, 11:04 AM
As did you, allegedly.Care about all of them, to an extent.

They're Spurs.

spurster
10-15-2004, 12:42 PM
5th big unless somehow Marks somehow got better than Horry.

ChumpDumper
10-15-2004, 01:23 PM
Judging from Horry's play last season, that might be true....

ducks
10-15-2004, 01:32 PM
the way they have talked baout maks marks is not going to be the 4 big this year