PDA

View Full Version : Cheney-Halliburton: Make Up Your Own Title

Nbadan
06-15-2006, 03:42 PM
Avery Walker
Published: Thursday June 15, 2006

New documents obtained by a conservative watchdog group suggest that the US Army Corp of Engineers may have publicly lied regarding the involvement of the Vice President's office in awarding a 2003 multi-billion dollar, no-bid contract to Kellogg Brown and Root, a subsidiary of Halliburton, RAW STORY has learned.

RAW STORY has obtained a copy of the emails, which were acquired by the government watchdog group Judicial Watch under the Freedom of Information Act.

The newly released emails show the Army Corps attempting to deflect attention from Cheney's office by distributing talking points that would mask Cheney's purported role. The Corps could not immediately be reached for comment.

Among the 100 pages of newly-obtained documents is an 2003 email in which Army Corps official Carol Sanders writes, "Mr. Robert Andersen, Chief Counsel, USACE, participated in a 60 Minutes interview today in New York regarding the sole source award of the oil response contract to Kellogg, Brown and Root... was able to make many of the points we had planned."

Rawstory (http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Documents_suggest_Army_lied_about_Cheney_0615.html )

C R E D I B I L I T Y

xrayzebra
06-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Another one of those "MAY" stories, huh, dan?

timvp
06-15-2006, 05:47 PM
bing vic psidn is big businss.