PDA

View Full Version : 900 offensive fouls called on Heat - still win

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Wow - they tried handing to the Mavs in the 3rd quarter... good thing they only shot 30%...

SPARKY
06-16-2006, 12:03 AM
Heat rule the glass again. Surprise, surprise.

Holmes_Fans
06-16-2006, 12:03 AM
You're the only one complaining, didn't see the heat players or Riley complaining about them.

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 12:07 AM
You're the only one complaining, didn't see the heat players or Riley complaining about them.

Exactly - that's what distinguishes them from your hometown whiny team ($1.2 million in owner fines = "whiny") - the Heat don't complain at all, but the fans definitely do and they are a good indication of fairness (since your fans complain about almost everything, you have no leg to stand on if you combat this argument)... Heat are extremely classy... I guess they should just flagrant Dirk next time out of frustration and that will get the message across?

Fine me $200,000 for writing this if it means Devin Harris doesn't get another BS flop offensive foul against God (God = D-Wade)...

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 12:08 AM
Riley never complains - kind of like Popovich... too bad one of them has gone fishin' for being a class act... oh yeah, all we have to say is "bear-hug" and I've won this argument...

Shank
06-16-2006, 12:09 AM
I don't understand the point of this thread. What are you trying to say?

Kori Ellis
06-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Riley never complains - kind of like Popovich... too bad one of them has gone fishin' for being a class act... oh yeah, all we have to say is "bear-hug" and I've won this argument...

Riley has actually gotten fined several times in the past for criticizing the officiating. (But not this season, I don't think)

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 12:12 AM
Just how Dallas fans tried to call the Suns floppers, but your team resorted to more than theatrical stunts when they were down 15 to try and gain momentum - Devin Harris and Jason Terry were the big offenders... not to mention when Dirk airballed a 3 and tried to draw a foul with no contact by flying to the ground... oh yeah, 2-14

Holmes_Fans
06-16-2006, 12:12 AM
Suns fans don't know anything about basketball. They think they coach with 3 names actually knows how to coach.

Suns fan should be THANKING cuban for not matching Na$h's offer, if nash never leaves dallas they are still one of the worst franchises in the nba.

I'm gonna use a page from the spurs book, make an NBA finals this century and then talk.

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 12:13 AM
Riley has actually gotten fined several times in the past for criticizing the officiating. (But not this season, I don't think)

Exactly - people can grow and change... D'Antoni has never gotten fined for complaining, but Bill Simmons likes to say that no one complains more than he does... typical Clippers bandwagon fan...

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 12:14 AM
Suns fans don't know anything about basketball. They think they coach with 3 names actually knows how to coach.

Suns fan should be THANKING cuban for not matching Na$h's offer, if nash never leaves dallas they are still one of the worst franchises in the nba.

Mavs fans know nothing about grammar... this Suns fan knows a little about basketball since I've actually watched the league before the year 2000 and I'm a Texas high school basketball official... I'm just saying there's a point where your own arguments (aka "Ginobili flops" and Bowen has "bear-hug" defense) catch up to you...

Holmes_Fans
06-16-2006, 12:15 AM
D'Antoni is probably the whiniest coach in the nba. I remember one play where a mavs player layed a shot up off the glass, after it his the glass thomas swatted it away and the whole suns arena starts to boo and D'Antoni cries about it.

Trainwreck2100
06-16-2006, 12:18 AM
D'Antoni is probably the whiniest coach in the nba. I remember one play where a mavs player layed a shot up off the glass, after it his the glass thomas swatted it away and the whole suns arena starts to boo and D'Antoni cries about it.

He never bitches to thew media like AJ who needs his "bodyguard." His dickness comes from the fact he never credits other teams. Also as to the point of this thread, you don't get FTs on O fouls so how are the Mavs going to benefit.

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 12:19 AM

Yeah, I remember that one too because I complained until I saw the slow motion replay which showed the call as correct and I just had to shake my head and applaud the crew for being able to see that so quickly in real time...

No one in Phoenix says D'Antoni doesn't whine - I've admitted it for 3 years and talked about his strange resemblance to Ron Burgandy when he gets upset... it's hard for the guy when his team starts attacking the basket but they still average the least amount of FTs per game in league history... I've never seen him complain in an interview or press conference (aka like Avery, Phil, and Cuban) - at least he leaves it all out on the court and will accept that his team wasn't able to come out on top... once again "bear-hug" and Phil claiming that before Game 7 against the Suns that he might have to pick up an early techinical to "let the officials know we're here..."

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 12:22 AM
He never bitches to thew media like AJ who needs his "bodyguard." His dickness comes from the fact he never credits other teams. Also as to the point of this thread, you don't get FTs on O fouls so how are the Mavs going to benefit.

After you guys started complaining about how Mike D doesn't compliment the other franchise in post-game press conferences, I watched more closely for it (and I watched the NBATV coverage so I got the whole thing) and he definitely applauded the Mavs after Game 6 and congratulated them for moving on... I just think that no media outlets actually reveal when he gives another team credit - whether on TNT's clips or in the newspaper...

You don't have to get FTs to win the game... getting other players in foul trouble - slowing the game down - shifting momentum - making players hesitate before attacking the rim and settling for jumpers - those are all indirect results of an offensive foul... you're a pretty smart guy, Trainwreck, I figured you would have picked up on that... do you want me to change the thread to "900 offensive fouls and 13 Dirk FTs - Heat still win"?

Shank
06-16-2006, 12:33 AM
Mexico, your stupid ass can whine until the fucking cows come home. It won't change the fact that Dirk dropped 50 on your punk asses, AJ lead a comeback in Game 6 to take the series and that gimmick piece of shit you call a team is once again fishing and watching the games on TV. Have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up. I really don't understand what you're trying to prove.

Pistons < Spurs
06-16-2006, 12:35 AM
900 offensive fouls called on Heat - still win

Congrats to the Heat for winning....but they did commit 900 offensive fouls.

Mr. Body
06-16-2006, 12:36 AM
There are Mavs fans and Suns fans arguing on a Spurs board.

Classic.

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 12:44 AM
There are Mavs fans and Suns fans arguing on a Spurs board.

Classic.
Yeah, and only 1 of the teams have actually beat the Spurs in the post-season :elephant

Mr. Body
06-16-2006, 12:46 AM
I've never been to a Mavericks board. I wonder how those are. Hmm... not really, no I don't.

Leetonidas
06-16-2006, 12:50 AM
Heat win. Move on to Game 5.

JMarkJohns
06-16-2006, 12:59 AM
Also as to the point of this thread, you don't get FTs on O fouls so how are the Mavs going to benefit.

I'm not sure what the point was, other than to maybe show that once again, the refs favored Dallas, despite Miami cruising to the win.

Miami had 7 offensive fouls to Dallas' 1, six of which came from the mid-third to the mid-fourth when the game was still up in the air.

Miami had 26 fouls to Dallas' 24.

There was a stretch when the deficit was just 10 points where the refs called two offensive fouls and a loos ball foul on Miami, allowing the Mavs, had shots gone in, to really make this a game. Luckily for Miami, Dallas missed every shot.

As pointed out in another thread, Dirk broke MJ's single postseason record for FT attempts.

This was the polar opposite, but still shows that even when the refs aren't sending Dirk to the line possession after possession after possession, they can impact the game in favor of Dallas in other ways.

JMarkJohns
06-16-2006, 01:02 AM
Yeah, and only 1 of the teams have actually beat the Spurs in the post-season :elephant

I can think of twice when Phoenix beat San Antonio in the postseason and twice when San Antonio beat Phoenix.

I know you mean recently, however, just pointing out the poor wording on the part of the all-knowing Maverick fans.

Though I'm not picking on you, lest you send any of you big, bad Maverick fan brothers in here after me :rolleyes

I H8 Mavs Fans
06-16-2006, 01:10 AM
As pointed out in another thread, Dirk broke MJ's single postseason record for FT attempts.

The difference of course being MJ earned them.

JMarkJohns
06-16-2006, 01:12 AM

Of course.

As mentioned in the same thread, the perimeter defense MJ faced was much tougher. There's no contact anymore on the perimeter which gives away driving lanes.

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 01:24 AM
I can think of twice when Phoenix beat San Antonio in the postseason and twice when San Antonio beat Phoenix.

I know you mean recently, however, just pointing out the poor wording on the part of the all-knowing Maverick fans.

Though I'm not picking on you, lest you send any of you big, bad Maverick fan brothers in here after me :rolleyes

Yes I was speaking of recent history. I still find it weird that Suns and Spurs fans jump on a tag-team to bash Mavericks fans. Handicapped street fight. Why would I go get another Mavs fan to come here? Doubtedly, if I can find one in Memphis (yea, Memphis).

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 01:27 AM
Dirk doesn't earn his? Who desn't do a little flopping every now and again? Hell, at that rate Manu wouldn't have attempted a freethrow in his career. Undoubtedley the 10+ freethrows Dirk's avg. this postseason didn't come from flopping.

I H8 Mavs Fans
06-16-2006, 01:27 AM
Yes I was speaking of recent history. I still find it weird that Suns and Spurs fans jump on a tag-team to bash Mavericks fans.

But he's the only one that quoted you

I H8 Mavs Fans
06-16-2006, 01:29 AM
Dirk doesn't earn his? Who desn't do a little flopping every now and again? Hell, at that rate Manu wouldn't have attempted a freethrow in his career. Undoubtedley the 10+ freethrows Dirk's avg. this postseason didn't come from flopping.

Somebody already pointed out that MJ went up against better defenders because the rules weren't made for wusses like Mark Cuban.

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 01:31 AM
I'm not talking about that particular one. Reading around. People can't hate the Mavs that much.

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 01:31 AM
Somebody already pointed out that MJ went up against better defenders because the rules weren't made for wusses like Mark Cuban.
Wusses?

*Manu hides so no one accuses him*

I H8 Mavs Fans
06-16-2006, 01:33 AM
Wusses?

What does that have to do with Cuban changing the rules so shooters gets more FTs?

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 01:35 AM
You called Mark Cuban a wuss.

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 01:36 AM
Why send a tape of Terry punching Finley and getting him sus.? Scared were you? I would be too.

I H8 Mavs Fans
06-16-2006, 01:39 AM
You called Mark Cuban a wuss.
That's cause he is

Why send a tape of Terry punching Finley and getting him sus.? Scared were you? I would be too.

What does that have to do with anything, the Mavs send in tapes all the time.

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 01:41 AM
Not in a crucial playoff series, when the Mavericks could possibly beat the almighty Spurs in the (real) WCF's

Leetonidas
06-16-2006, 01:47 AM
Wusses?

Manu isn't like Dirk at all. Manu is fearless and takes dives and gets beat up. He has the bruises and cuts to show. Dirk just has a hair follicle slightly moved out of position when the defender breathes on him.

I H8 Mavs Fans
06-16-2006, 01:48 AM
Not in a crucial playoff series, when the Mavericks could possibly beat the almighty Spurs in the (real) WCF's
but thet sent in a tape during the Suns series.

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 01:49 AM
That wasn't crucial. That was shooting practice for the Finals.

Winnipeg_Spur
06-16-2006, 01:51 AM
WTF? The Mavs only send in tapes for unimportant games? That makes zero sense...

I H8 Mavs Fans
06-16-2006, 01:51 AM
That wasn't crucial. That was shooting practice for the Finals.
Now I know you are not being serious, so alas, this discussion is over.

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 01:54 AM
Now I know you are not being serious, so alas, this discussion is over.
I know, and I am drained and dissapointed for I spent 3 hours wasting time watching the Mavs.

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 03:49 AM

Um, between 1980 and 1997, the Suns owned both the Spurs and the Mavs in the post-season... too bad 1997 was about 3 years before the typical Mavs fan discovered there was a "National Basketball Association"... Oh yeah, Suns won in 6 vs. Mavs last year... my bad... let's see how the finals ends up...

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 03:53 AM
I'm not sure what the point was, other than to maybe show that once again, the refs favored Dallas, despite Miami cruising to the win.

Miami had 7 offensive fouls to Dallas' 1, six of which came from the mid-third to the mid-fourth when the game was still up in the air.

Miami had 26 fouls to Dallas' 24.

There was a stretch when the deficit was just 10 points where the refs called two offensive fouls and a loos ball foul on Miami, allowing the Mavs, had shots gone in, to really make this a game. Luckily for Miami, Dallas missed every shot.

This was the polar opposite, but still shows that even when the refs aren't sending Dirk to the line possession after possession after possession, they can impact the game in favor of Dallas in other ways.

Thanks, JMark for understanding the point I was trying to make and backing it up with the numbers I didn't have the time or energy after getting off an 11-hour workday to look up... he's pretty much hit it on the nose... I have an old Suns program from 1989 and it shows how often the Suns used to beat the Spurs and Mavs in the playoffs back in the day... let's not forget Barkley over D-Rob... during the Bill Fitch Mavs days...

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 03:55 AM
Mexico, your stupid ass can whine until the fucking cows come home. It won't change the fact that Dirk dropped 50 on your punk asses, AJ lead a comeback in Game 6 to take the series and that gimmick piece of shit you call a team is once again fishing and watching the games on TV. Have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up. I really don't understand what you're trying to prove.

Dropping 50 (with 18 FTA) on Suns at home in WCF is almost good enough to make up for non-clutch game 3 FT miss and then 2-14 in Game 4... let's see if Avery calling out Posey and Haslem gets the King of the Pussies to the line for around 24 FTs in Game 5, that way he can get 21 pts from the line and go 2-16 from the field...

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 03:56 AM

Actually, I think the person that made that point was Mark Cuban himself on Letterman...

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 03:57 AM
Manu isn't like Dirk at all. Manu is fearless and takes dives and gets beat up. He has the bruises and cuts to show. Dirk just has a hair follicle slightly moved out of position when the defender breathes on him.

Like I said in another thread, Manu will often make an attempt at the basket even if he rolls his ankle and maybe get a 3 pt opportunity out of it... Dirk just moves near people and falls to the the ground while throwing the ball in the air...

sabar
06-16-2006, 04:00 AM
Wade's spin-move offensive foul was terrible. He barely brushes the defender and he goes go flopping like he was hit by a train.

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 04:16 AM
Wade's spin-move offensive foul was terrible. He barely brushes the defender and he goes go flopping like he was hit by a train.

That "defender" was Devin Harris... Mavs Fan: "but, but Raja Bell and Ginobili flop..." Harris is one of the worst this post-season - the funny part about that play you describe is that Wade's arm (barely touching him of course) is at his waist and yet Harris flies back from his chest... simple physics tells us that Wade's arm had no influence...

Doug Collins
06-16-2006, 04:46 AM
Um, between 1980 and 1997, the Suns owned both the Spurs and the Mavs in the post-season... too bad 1997 was about 3 years before the typical Mavs fan discovered there was a "National Basketball Association"... Oh yeah, Suns won in 6 vs. Mavs last year... my bad... let's see how the finals ends up...

Slow down Ron...recent history only includes those series, in the current playoff campaign, that the Mavs have won. Letīs not go digging into the ancient past of last season or even, god forbid, 3 years ago when Kerrfection happened. :princess

LEONARD
06-16-2006, 08:10 AM
Looked like solid officiating to me...the Heat were being overly aggressive and the Mavs played smart D to take advantage of it...

Just because a team gets called for offensive fouls several possessions in a row doesn't mean they weren't offensive fouls...I don't think there's a rule or limit about how and when fouls are called is there?

Too bad the Mavs couldn't hit a shot...

leemajors
06-16-2006, 08:22 AM
Looked like solid officiating to me...the Heat were being overly aggressive and the Mavs played smart D to take advantage of it...

Just because a team gets called for offensive fouls several possessions in a row doesn't mean they weren't offensive fouls...I don't think there's a rule or limit about how and when fouls are called is there?

Too bad the Mavs couldn't hit a shot...

it was sketchy, horrible officiating. they called some very questionable calls on miami, then when the game got to 10 points they called some horrible calls vs dallas to try and make up for them. miami started getting out to a sizeable lead, and out came the whistles to grind the game to a halt. that's what i hate about playoff officiating, at least let the game flow and don't whistle it to a halt in a lame attempt to "get control of the game"

dallasmavsnfuego214
06-16-2006, 08:32 AM
Um, between 1980 and 1997, the Suns owned both the Spurs and the Mavs in the post-season...

um, back in 1765, there was a group of pioneers immigrating to the west. two fellers played one on one in basktball. one was moving to Phoenix, the other one to Dallas. if you remember correctly, the one from Dallas won. so we're better

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 02:56 PM
um, back in 1765, there was a group of pioneers immigrating to the west. two fellers played one on one in basktball. one was moving to Phoenix, the other one to Dallas. if you remember correctly, the one from Dallas won. so we're better

I'm sure you meant "migrating" - I'll quote myself from earlier when I stated that Mavs fans know nothing about basketball or the english language... although, if they were "immigrating" as you say, then it's obvious the one moving to Phoenix would have won because about 20 of his friends that just hopped the border would have helped him out while the fag moving to Dallas would have been too worried about whether his shirt looked cool enough or his hair was properly gelled...

ballhog
06-16-2006, 05:06 PM

It was pretty obvious. Wish those dumbass refs would quit calling that all the time. It's gotten so far out of hand it makes me sick. I hate it when the Spurs do it or any other team. It looks so fake it's laughable. How do these officials go for it almost every time. Vlade was the master but the Mavs have made it an art form essential to causing turnovers.

BUMP
08-12-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm sure you meant "migrating" - I'll quote myself from earlier when I stated that Mavs fans know nothing about basketball or the english language... although, if they were "immigrating" as you say, then it's obvious the one moving to Phoenix would have won because about 20 of his friends that just hopped the border would have helped him out while the fag moving to Dallas would have been too worried about whether his shirt looked cool enough or his hair was properly gelled...

he is mad.....lol......his team sucks......actually theyre not bad.........just need to play defense.........but they still suck haha........he is still mad........he is thinking of a response as im typing.............maybe theyll win the championship next year...............probly not