PDA

View Full Version : Dallas not quite as impressive in game 4

Mavs<Spurs
06-16-2006, 01:26 AM
This post is primarily meant to send Mavs < Spurs back down to Earth.

With all of the turnovers by Miami, Dallas should have won easily. Yet, they managed only 7 points in the fourth quarter and shot only 32 % from the field. Even with the 13 extra shots they attempted and the amount of opportunities for transition baskets (due to the turnovers), Dallas still only scored 74 points and shot badly from the field.

The series is tied 2-2. It is possible for Miami to win game 5. They are a good home team and have only lost 1 game at home during the playoffs so far. In that case, if they win either game 6 or game 7 in Dallas, they win the Finals.

It is quite possible.

I still expect the Mavs to win the Finals. I still see a huge problem with turnovers for Miami. I think that Dallas will win game 5. I think that Dirk will have a big game.

Nevertheless, game 4 was an unimpressive performance for a team that is "dynasty" over the next 4-6 years.

Don't overreach, Spurs<Mavs.

Mr. Body
06-16-2006, 01:31 AM
The winning team this year, I think, will be seen as one of the weaker champions we've had. I don't see either Miami or Dallas seen as prohibitive favorites to win it all again next year.

Mavs<Spurs
06-16-2006, 01:42 AM
The winning team this year, I think, will be seen as one of the weaker champions we've had. I don't see either Miami or Dallas seen as prohibitive favorites to win it all again next year.

Definitely not.

They won't be as good as the Pistons of 05 or this year's Spurs team.

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 04:20 AM
Shhh, don't tell the Mavs fans that - they think this team will win 8 in a row like the Celtics of the 50s and 60s... oh, wait a minute, who am I kidding? Most of them didn't even know there was an NBA until 2000 - my bad...

1Parker1
06-16-2006, 07:44 AM
Ehh, I still believe Mavs are a better team than Miami. They just didn't have their shots falling for them....there were a lot of baskets that went half in, only to pop right back out. It happens. They let that frustration get the better of them. Also, I don't think Avery did a good job cajoling them and getting them focused last night night during the game in TO's. Add that to the fact that Josh Howard and Dirk have virtually disappeared, the Mavs were doomed.

BTW, why the hell did Avery decide to start Devin Harris all of a sudden? Games 1 and 2 they won with Griffin starting and defending Wade. Harris on Wade is like a field day for him.

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 07:47 AM
Harris did a pretty good job one Wade. But Wade is a nightmare matchup for most anyone. I didn't know he had a jumper like that until this series.

leemajors
06-16-2006, 08:10 AM
wade shot over 60% in the pistons series.

Mavs<Spurs
06-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Harris did a pretty good job one Wade. But Wade is a nightmare matchup for most anyone. I didn't know he had a jumper like that until this series.

I would say, in all seriousness, that Wade has one of the best midrange games in the league.

I would put Rip in there (although he has bad stretches), Nash and Wade among the top midrange shooters in the league.

He has not yet proven himself from distance, but from the midrange he has been solid to outstanding the last couple of years.

Look at the way that he uses the bank at the right angles.