PDA

View Full Version : Wade > Dirk ?

Mavs<Spurs
06-16-2006, 01:55 AM
Wade > Dirk?

At this point in their careers, this might be true since years do take a toll on veterans.

It appears fairly obvious that Wade is a significantly better defender than Dirk. I'm not sure if those years of running up and down the court is slowing Dirk down, but that's what I see.

It also seems pretty clear that Wade has outplayed Dirk up to this point in the series.

Interesting that the guard outrebounded the 7 footer by quite a bit in game 3.

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 01:57 AM
WTF? Age slowing Dirk down. He's.....27.

Mavs<Spurs
06-16-2006, 02:01 AM

It's not the years, it's the mileage. Just like with cars.

Mavs<Spurs
06-16-2006, 02:04 AM
How do you explain that Wade>Dirk?

Why is Wade> Dirk?

If all those years aren't the cause, is it just that Wade is a more athletic and talented player?

You might be right. Well, that's not Dirk's fault.

It is what it is.

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 02:05 AM
If that's the case, why is A.I. even still alive?

Mavs<Spurs
06-16-2006, 02:06 AM

My other posts have been very positive and complimentary about the Mavs until the poster, Spurs<Mavs started talking all this trash about how the Mavs are a dynasty that will dominate the NBA over the next 4-6 years.

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 02:06 AM
Wade isn't better than Dirk. Granted Dirk hasn't been spectacular so far, but Wade only seems like the rebirth of christ every 3 games or so.

Mavs<Spurs
06-16-2006, 02:07 AM
If that's the case, why is A.I. even still alive?

Look, I have never really been a huge fan of A. I. because I value offensive efficiency more than ungodly amounts of points.

and my previous post explains my motivation of this post.

DirkAB
06-16-2006, 02:22 AM
Wade isn't better than Dirk. Granted Dirk hasn't been spectacular so far, but Wade only seems like the rebirth of christ every 3 games or so.

Anybody that doesn't think Wade is better at this point is a major Homer with a giant hard on for Nowitski. Nowitski hasn't done anything this series, he had a nice game in #2 but who on the Mavs didn't? He is choking and Wade is stepping up, and there is no other way to spin it

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 02:24 AM
Nowitzki and Wade>>>>>>>Anybody the Queens have had to offer.

DirkAB
06-16-2006, 02:28 AM
Nowitzki and Wade>>>>>>>Anybody the Queens have had to offer.

Doesn't change the fact that Nowitski is turning out to be a bigtime choker. I admit that they are both more talented than anything the Kings have, but can you admit that Dirk has developed a giant gash between his legs this series?

ace3g
06-16-2006, 02:34 AM
would the mavs be here if they had to play the kings in the first round?

DubMcDub
06-16-2006, 02:41 AM
would the mavs be here if they had to play the kings in the first round?

According to some Spurs fans who wanted to annoit the Kings the true #2 of the West...probably not :lol :rolleyes.

ChumpDumper
06-16-2006, 02:46 AM
C'mon guys, it's pretty simple.

Dallas doesn't have anyone that demands constant double teams.

Can you think of anyone on Miami that does?

And it's not Wade.

SA Gunslinger
06-16-2006, 02:50 AM
Dirk is overrated. Yes, he's a great shooter. But so is Peja Stojakovic.

ace3g
06-16-2006, 02:51 AM
According to some Spurs fans who wanted to annoit the Kings the true #2 of the West...probably not :lol :rolleyes.

they were pretty close to that the way they were playing to end the season, sort of like Denver in '05 I just saying it would have been tough for the mavs to get past the kings, anything is tougher than playing the NBA's playoff Bitches aka Memphis Grizzlies.

The Kings have Bonzi, Artest, Miller, Rahim, and Kenny Thomas to guard Dirk as well as Josh Howard (the 2 main match up problems)

The kings would have had a very good chance of beating the mavs if they were to have met in the first round. I mean they did give the spurs trouble (6 games) which means they would definitely give the mavs trouble as well

Now I am not saying they would win but they would have had a very good chance of beating the mavs had they met in the first round

I am so glad they are fixing the playoff seeding system for next season, because the spurs should have been the ones playing the grizzlies in the first round

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 04:23 AM
Doesn't change the fact that Nowitski is turning out to be a bigtime choker. I admit that they are both more talented than anything the Kings have, but can you admit that Dirk has developed a giant gash between his legs this series?

Dirk = choker - truer words have never been spoken... D-Wade had 40/13 in the Finals... Dirk's 50/12 over the no-defense Suns in the WCF means nothing... haha, D-Wade even had more rebounds than Dirk did in the biggest game of Dirk's career...

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 04:24 AM
Dirk is overrated. Yes, he's a great shooter. But so is Peja Stojakovic.

I just hit 53 straight free throws in my backyard... does that mean I can get 3rd in MVP voting like Dirk next year????

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 04:31 AM
Shaq had 5 points in game 2. He's a choker too, right?

ChumpDumper
06-16-2006, 04:33 AM
Shaq had 5 points in game 2. He's a choker too, right?I thought Dampier was a Hall of Famer then....

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 04:35 AM

He was - but he did come back and play very well over the next two games - while shooting much better from the line... oh yeah and Shaq already has 3 championships and multiple Finals MVP, All-Star game MVP, and league MVP awards to Dirks.... um... wait.... oh, that's right zero in each of those categories...

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 04:38 AM
Yeah, life's good when you had the next best thing to MJ on your team. And Horry. And Fisher. What exactly have the Suns accomplished? Score 110? Shoot 3's? Play de....well, they'll just have to work on that.

RonMexico
06-16-2006, 04:43 AM
Been to the Finals 1 more time than the Mavs have so far... oh yeah, and the Mavs still haven't won that Finals yet... so...

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 04:53 AM
Yeah, I feel sad for Sir Charles, who happens to be a big Mav hater, besides Spurs and Suns fans of course.

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-16-2006, 05:34 AM
Dirk must be a great player coz he makes u guys whine like babies about him

Mavs<Spurs
06-16-2006, 06:20 AM
When I talk about the first round opponents of the Spurs and the Mavs, I am making one particular point: namely, the Spurs had less rest and had to play a very physical and talented opponent and the Mavs had an opponent which had never won a single solitary game in the playoffs ever and whose best player had pf.

If the Spurs had played the Grizzlies and the Mavs had played the Kings, the Spurs would have had more rest and had an easier series. Therefore, it is likely that they would have won game 2 which was their 3rd game in 5 nights.

The Spurs do not lose home playoff games by 20 points very frequently. We can definitely call it an anomaly. That anomaly has an obvious explanation which I gave above.

Mavs<Spurs
06-16-2006, 06:21 AM
It is closer to the truth to rate the West like this:

Spurs
Suns
Kings
Mavs

Mavs<Spurs
06-16-2006, 06:23 AM
Prior to this year, Dirk and I had been to the NBA finals the same amount of times.

Mavs<Spurs
06-16-2006, 06:26 AM

On the other hand, he shot a much higher percentage from the field than Dirk did. When Shaq shoots below 50 or 60 %, it is an anomaly. When Dirk does it the entire series, it looks like a trend. And Shaq is doubled a lot more often.

Dirk has never, ever been known for his defense. He couldn't stop Haslem in the post.

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 06:26 AM
Prior to this post, you were a dumbass. After this post, you will remain a dumbass.

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 06:27 AM
Haslem?? Isn't he the guy with 2 points?

picnroll
06-16-2006, 06:53 AM
Dirk's the greatest FT shooter in the NBA.

Laughed my ass off on the play where Dirk went in for a shot, Shaq was there, Dirk curls into the fetal position and falls to the floor untouched. Tweet on Shaq and the NBA's greatest FT shooter to the line.

Mav's fans what's all that untouched floppping, fishing for a foul on the 3 point shots by Dirk about?

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 07:03 AM
Guess he's been studying the art of flopping? Taught none other than the master of the art, Manu.

Mavs<Spurs
06-16-2006, 08:22 AM
Prior to this post, you were a dumbass. After this post, you will remain a dumbass.

I thought that we had settled this.

Haven't you ever heard of exaggeration? Or maybe you've never watched games where Bill Walton was a commentator?

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 08:23 AM
I typed that hours before we argued about the dynasty thing.

Mavs<Spurs
06-16-2006, 08:25 AM
I typed that hours before we argued about the dynasty thing.

Well, I wrote this hours before we settled the dynasty thing.
I was exaggerating. A lot of what I wrote in the last 24 hours or so was either exaggerated, ridiculous or argumentative, saying things that I don't necessarily believe since this is what that other poster was doing.

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 08:30 AM
Are you reffering to me in the 3rd person, or talking about soembody else?

Mavs<Spurs
06-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Are you reffering to me in the 3rd person, or talking about soembody else?

I'm talking about somebody else, Spurs<Mavs.

I'm not talking about you.

dirk4mvp
06-16-2006, 08:36 AM
http://www.source4all.com/dbpics/s4a_thumbs_up.jpg

Mavs<Spurs
06-16-2006, 08:37 AM
http://www.source4all.com/dbpics/s4a_thumbs_up.jpg

Cool.

:fro

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-16-2006, 04:20 PM
It is closer to the truth to rate the West like this:

Spurs
Suns
Kings
Mavs

:drunk

gee, you guys are so desperate, now your making up crap?!?!

who is in the finals from the West? Mavs, so they are #1

Mavs_man_41
06-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Going by what ive seen so far in the finals, Wade>Dirk. Great players don't disappear i the NBA finals, when their team needs them most. I'm so pissed at Dirk and Josh Howard right now I can't even think straight.