PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Banks to lakers?

ducks
06-16-2006, 08:45 AM
The word is that Wolves free agent point guard Marcus Banks is headed for the Los Angeles Lakers. Two years ago, the Boston Celtics and the Lakers made a trade that had Banks going to the Lakers and Gary Payton moving to the Celtics. But Payton failed a physical and the deal was called off. The Lakers have been trying to land Banks ever since, and that is where he is likely to be when the 2006-2007 season starts.http://www.startribune.com/507/story/496470.html

boutons_
06-16-2006, 08:46 AM
non-Spurs forum

ducks
06-16-2006, 08:47 AM
people wanted banks
banks is going to get more playinjg time with lakers
I never thought the spurs had a chance at him though

whottt
06-16-2006, 09:10 AM
Spurs related since Banks is a guy many people wanted to see the Spurs go after. Stick to political takes boutons, it's what you do the least shittiest.

NBA Junkie
06-16-2006, 09:37 AM
I wouldn't put too much stock into this story.

Sid Hartman doesn't have much credibilty as far as I'm concerned as he likes to throw out rumors without anything to back him up. He's probably right maybe once out of every ten times he reports these things.

My all-time favorite was when he claimed Jack Morris would re-sign with the Twins in 1991 after buying a home in the area. Two days later, he signed with the Blue Jays.

Take what he says with a grain of salt.

ducks
06-16-2006, 09:47 AM
well the lakers did try to trade for him

NBA Junkie
06-16-2006, 10:22 AM
I can see some team desperate enough for a young point guard throw the MLE at him and overpay.

The kid has potential and I was surprised at how quick he was. However, I only see him as a slightly above average PG in this league. I know the Wolves wouldn't have made the Szczerbiak-Davis swap unless Banks was included. That's how highly they thought of him. But, to overpay for his services would be a big mistake. I'd spend maybe half the MLE on him and not a cent more.

Just how good can this kid be if Doc Rivers wouldn't give him a chance in Boston?

If he does go to LA, I hope he's content on dishing the rock to Kobe cause chances are he won't get it back. :lol

picnroll
06-16-2006, 10:31 AM
A slightly above average PG would be the best PG the Lakers have had since Magic retired.

spursfaninla
06-16-2006, 10:37 AM
payton and van excel were about/above average when they played for the lakers.

Granted, Payton was not as good on d by that time, but he could still run the fast break and score.

sickdsm
06-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Lakers would be very smart to knab him. I see them as the biggest threat to him leaving MN.

I wish he was two years younger. Its not just how fast he is, he's stocky too.

Lakerfan
06-17-2006, 12:32 PM
go lakers :)))

SenorSpur
06-17-2006, 12:36 PM
God, I hope not.