PDA

View Full Version : Dallas / Karma???

LEONARD
06-16-2006, 09:32 AM
Several things I DON'T like that have come out of the Mavs or Dallas in general during this series...

1. Josh Howard says that Wade isn't a good shooter before game 1...Wade comes out and lights them up in the 1st quarter and has shot well overall in the series.

2. Mavs dump confetti in the AAC after games 1 and 2...

3. City of Dallas announces parade plans (the City of Dallas is run by IDIOTS)...not the Mavs fault.

4. Cuban on Letterman DURING the series...acting cocky...

5. Josh Howard mentioning something about Wade's injuries and that he fakes a little (which I agree with, but he shouldn't have said it!). For ex, got hit in the face in game 3, then explodes to the rim, misses the reverse layup, then grabs his face again...playing possum. I'm sure his knee is tweaked a little though...

I'm sure there are more...

As a Mavs fan, I think all these things are huge F ups and could bite them in the ass...

Better get it together in these last 3 games or they're going to look like tools when this thing is over... :rolleyes

Mavs<Spurs
06-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Several things I DON'T like that have come out of the Mavs or Dallas in general during this series...

1. Josh Howard says that Wade isn't a good shooter before game 1...Wade comes out and lights them up in the 1st quarter and has shot well overall in the series.

2. Mavs dump confetti in the AAC after games 1 and 2...

3. City of Dallas announces parade plans (the City of Dallas is run by IDIOTS)...not the Mavs fault.

4. Cuban on Letterman DURING the series...acting cocky...

5. Josh Howard mentioning something about Wade's injuries and that he fakes a little (which I agree with, but he shouldn't have said it!). For ex, got hit in the face in game 3, then explodes to the rim, misses the reverse layup, then grabs his face again...playing possum. I'm sure his knee is tweaked a little though...

I'm sure there are more...

As a Mavs fan, I think all these things are huge F ups and could bite them in the ass...

Better get it together in these last 3 games or they're going to look like tools when this thing is over... :rolleyes

Your team is better than games 3 and 4 would indicate.

This last loss was probably just the thing to shake them up, light a fire under them...

Dallas has all of those advantages that I brought up. Those advantages are still there.

Miami is a good home team. So, it won't be as easy as you or I thought.

But you know that the Mavs must be angry (esp Dirk after 2 for 16 shooting) and scoring only 7 points in the 4th quarter.

Finals are still yours to lose. Miami is not a great road team. Dallas is a better road team than Miami.

While I agree about the bad tendency of overconfidence/ building negative karma thing, it can be overcome with the humility that comes from a loss like this. Just look at the Spurs in game 5. Wasn't easy, but it can be done.

All of those Miami turnovers and all of those mental mistakes are opportunities that Dallas must take advantage of.