PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Theme! other fans jealous of Spurs!

Rummpd
10-15-2004, 10:19 AM
"Blah, Blah, Blah about the Sterns, rules will hurt the Spurs more, Rahso sucks ect., Parker's contract status will be a distraction" = the sad truth is that except perhaps the Pistons fans (and even that is debatable) no fans have a team going into this year that can be put on the same plane as the Spurs. The Wolves will be brought up but I believe they while probably 3 or 4 in the league will not have Casell carrying them for a month again and 1-10 are simply not as strong as the Spurs. The Pacers will be brought up but as I have said before they will be the Kings revisited = close often but no cigar!. Don't even bring up the Heat as collapsing zones on Shaq will make Mr. Clown (did you read what Winter's said about him being the most over-rated big ever!) an off and on force. Mavs, Kings, Rockets - serious wannabees again. Jazz, Denver - scary but several years away, the Lakers = Kobe and the smurfs.

Jealously is the theme!!!! - these fans recognize that this year the Spurs return a motivated, deep, under-appreciated TEAM that will likely rule the West and restore the proper dominance of West > East. Spurs by knowledgeable fans = the favorite and they should be - case closed.

MadDoc

Marcus Bryant
10-15-2004, 10:24 AM
It's a long season. There will be ample opportunity for The Ghost of Spurs Frustrations Past to remind us about how awful a situation we Spurs fans face today.

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2004, 10:28 AM
Y'alls unbridled optomism scares me...(remembering 1999-2000)

I think I will just take it one game at a time like the Spurs do...

*knock on wood*

Marcus Bryant
10-15-2004, 10:31 AM
Considering that they were .4* away last season, made some decent offseason moves, and instead of a Shaq there's a Serb in LA, there are plenty of reasons to be excited about this season.

ShoogarBear
10-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Y'know a light bulb just went on . . . MB must be Bosnian or Croatian.

He makes even me almost want to defend Rasho on occasion . . . almost.

Marcus Bryant
10-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Why I'm a Slovene, of course.

Rummpd
10-15-2004, 10:48 AM
Mr. Bryant:

A million friggin + posts - right or wrong that is very, very impressive!!!!! (or you got too way much time on your hands) :blah :elephant

MadDoc

Marcus Bryant
10-15-2004, 10:50 AM
This is what we in Slovenia have 'on our hands':

http://www.terra.com/missworld/img/contestants/miss_slovenia.jpg
http://beau_land.hihome.com/universe/04/gallery/slovenia-01.jpg

ChumpDumper
10-15-2004, 10:52 AM
Minnesota has a wild card named Eddie, and they could still pull some Wally/Rahim trade.

Can't write them off if they stay healthy.

ShoogarBear
10-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Hey, MB, where's my 30 v$ for answering the AJ "lion/lamb" quote?

Pay up, welcher.

Marcus Bryant
10-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Ask the Man (and Woman) upstairs.

ShoogarBear
10-15-2004, 11:00 AM
Hope I'm not supposed to get it in transfer from you, Mr. $0.

Marcus Bryant
10-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Not a problem, I'll get a loan from the vBookie bank.