PDA

View Full Version : Bowen And Beno For Tayshaun Prince?

ICE3000
06-16-2006, 02:13 PM
How Does That Sound?

ducks
06-16-2006, 02:14 PM
like it would happen when hell freezes over

angel_luv
06-16-2006, 02:15 PM
sounds like you are nuts.

ICE3000
like it would happen when hell freezes over

:lol

ducks
prince is the mvp for pistons

you would have to give up manu and more for him

ICE3000
06-16-2006, 02:18 PM
prince is the mvp for pistons

you would have to give up manu and more for him

how about rasho bowen barry for prince? Ok lets do it

ducks
06-16-2006, 02:20 PM
I would say prince is the only player on the pistons that is untouchable

ICE3000
06-16-2006, 02:23 PM
sounds like you are nuts.

yea pretty much at this point

FreshPrince22
06-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Throw in Tim Duncan and we'll call it a deal.

DarrinS
06-16-2006, 02:28 PM
How about Nick Van Exel and Sean Marks for Lebron James?

Or, Brent Barry and Nazr for Kobe Bryant?

Kori Ellis
06-16-2006, 02:32 PM
Please stop these ridiculous trade threads.

The Spurs don't want to trade Bowen.

The Pistons don't want to trade Prince.

Extra Stout
06-16-2006, 02:32 PM
I Like The Notion Of Trading The Spurs' Crappy Players For Other Teams' Stars

But How Do We Get Those Teams To Agree To Take Our Crap

Maybe We Can Use Jedi Mind Tricks

"These are not the droids you are looking for"
"Rasho is an aggressive rebounder"
"Beno is a good ballhandler against pressure"
"Nazr has excellent hands"

T Park
06-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Spurs could've drafted TayshaunPrince.

Just shouldve listened to me.

Kori is my witness :)

FromWayDowntown
06-16-2006, 02:44 PM
I Like The Notion Of Trading The Spurs' Crappy Players For Other Teams' Stars

But How Do We Get Those Teams To Agree To Take Our Crap

Maybe We Can Use Jedi Mind Tricks

I Think You've Made A Great Point Here Extra Stout. The Jedi Mind Trick Will Probably Work! After All, Joe Dumars Did Play In The Same Backcourt With Isiah Thomas!!

DirkAB
06-16-2006, 03:01 PM
Instead of a bunch of little threads about ridiculous trade scenarios that will never happen, how about one big thread dedicated to all those that would like to play in fantasyland?

MadDog73
06-16-2006, 03:14 PM
What about Rasho and Nazr for Ben? :rolleyes

RON ARTEST
06-16-2006, 03:26 PM
how does it sound? unrealistic and the dumbest move the pistons could possibly make.

Bob Lanier
06-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Why would the Spurs do this?

atxrocker
06-16-2006, 03:28 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao thanks for the laugh.

atxrocker
06-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Why would the Spurs do this?

i think the serious question is why would the pistons do this?

Brutalis
06-16-2006, 03:43 PM
How Does That Sound?
Stupid as hell.

DFW Spurs
06-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Bowen And Beno For a bag of Funions is more realistic.

THE SIXTH MAN
06-16-2006, 03:51 PM
The person that made this thread should be shot, And then traded. :spin

Please_dont_ban_me
06-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Sounds lovely.

I don't think Dumars has quite lost mind yet though.

ShoogarBear
06-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Around midyear Prince was the guy all the Piston fans were dumping on. That would have been the time to try and get him. Now he's untouchable.

wildbill2u
06-16-2006, 05:46 PM
How Does That Sound?

Sounds like you're smokin wacky tobaccy :drunk

wildbill2u
06-16-2006, 05:47 PM
How about Nick Van Exel and Sean Marks for Lebron James?

Or, Brent Barry and Nazr for Kobe Bryant?

Gee, I don't know. Maybe we could get them to throw in another player as well. :rolleyes

midgetonadonkey
06-16-2006, 06:01 PM
These trade threads are fucking stupid.

Smokey
06-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Sounds like you're smokin wacky tobaccy :drunk

can i get some of that shit, maaan?

bdubya
06-16-2006, 06:45 PM
How Does That Sound?

Hmmm.....<scratches chin thoughtfully>...interesting.....might be workable if the SpHELL NO!!!

jman3000
06-16-2006, 07:29 PM
Laker syndrome when you think you can trade your trash (Bowen is by no means trash) for their treasure.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-16-2006, 08:09 PM
Nazr, Fabricio, and 2-3 picks for Ben Wallace. Then Rasho for Steven Hunter.

DDS4
06-16-2006, 08:10 PM
I find it amusing that some fans offer their team's table scraps for the player they want.

Darrin
06-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Hmmm.....<scratches chin thoughtfully>...interesting.....might be workable if the SpHELL NO!!!

Darrin
06-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Dale Davis and Alex Acker for Manu Ginobili.

Dunc
06-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Another trade that somebody dreamt up after pulling it off in NBA Live. Gimme a break. I think this was started as a joke.

himat
06-17-2006, 09:49 AM
HELL NO! He's the only Piston that always listens. I think he's the only Pistons that no one hates. He was our only playoff performer. Throw Tim Duncan in and yes.

caŽlo
06-17-2006, 11:25 AM
stupid thread.

why the fuck would u give up the 2nd runner up DPOY?

rayray2k8
06-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Instead of a bunch of little threads about ridiculous trade scenarios that will never happen, how about one big thread dedicated to all those that would like to play in fantasyland?
I think BakriD is right.
One of the mods have to make a thread based on ridiculous trades.
How does THAT sound?

kinbenzoo
06-17-2006, 12:02 PM
i dont think pistons let prince go
but you know hes a good player

DirkAB
06-17-2006, 04:37 PM
stupid thread.

You actually think the Spurs would be getting taken in this deal?

pjjrfan
06-17-2006, 06:37 PM
That would be a great trade for the Spurs. But Isaiah is in New York not in Detroit.

himat
06-17-2006, 08:35 PM
stupid thread.

:lol You wouldn't do that trade if the Pistons were willing to do it? :lol :rollin :lmao

ABDENOUR POWER
06-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Nazr, Fabricio, and 2-3 picks for Ben Wallace. Then Rasho for Steven Hunter.

Nazr and Parker for Ben and Delfino. :spin

Bob Lanier
06-17-2006, 09:28 PM
You actually think the Spurs would be getting taken in this deal?
The Spurs' perimeter defense would be terrible if you got rid of Bowen. Prince hasn't been able to consistently guard anyone you'd recognize without the help of double-teams since the hand-checking rule changes.

He might be able to guard Nowitzki a little better than Bowen, but I wouldn't bet on it (he couldn't even handle Antoine Walker on the perimeter effectively, for comparison). And somehow, he's not even a better rebounder than Bowen is. For all his length, he's one of the softest-rebounding 3s in the NBA.

Now, you would get some added offense; although Prince isn't anywhere near as good a 3-point shooter as Bowen is, he offers more versatility. However, in Detroit, Prince is the only starter who can consistently get to the rack and finish, especially in transition; obviously that's not the case in San Antonio, which would probably make him less effective, as he couldn't fill the available niches nearly as well.

Bottom line: you shouldn't trade the man who should have won DPOY and is paid barely half the MLE for a $50 million dollar, Rashoesque contract.

AMOS7
06-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Would you really want to get rid of Bowen? He's the unsung hero of all of the Spurs title run's since he got here! And you'd be trading him to a potential finals challenger. Terrible idea. Prince is good, but he's not as good as Bowen is defensively, and offensively Bowen can shoot just as good, if not better, from 3's.

DaSpurs#1
06-18-2006, 12:42 AM
sounds like your stoned or something... Prince will forever have to stay in Detriot for if he leaves he won't have a Palace any longer... it kinda goes with him now and will forever have to, let the Prince remain in his Palace

DirkAB
06-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Anybody that wouldn't get rid of a 35 year old Bruce Bowen in return for a 26 year old Tayshaun Prince has a bad case of myopia. If you think Bowen is an unsung hero, WTF is Prince? IMO, Prince is the Pistons' best player and one of the most underrated players in the NBA.

DaSpurs#1
06-18-2006, 01:08 AM
IMO, Prince is the Pistons' best player and one of the most underrated players in the NBA.along with Tim Duncan (or atleast imo i think he often gets overlooked) who i think Prince resembles quite a lot :spin

Please_dont_ban_me
06-18-2006, 01:16 AM
The Spurs' perimeter defense would be terrible if you got rid of Bowen. Prince hasn't been able to consistently guard anyone you'd recognize without the help of double-teams since the hand-checking rule changes.

Since the handchecking rule changes? I know those were tweaked recently, but the MAJOR change was back in the Mario Elie days...since Tayshaun has come into the league he has been a solid defender.

He's probably as good of a defender as Bowen, IMO.

The major reason I woul do it is age. While they're comparable in skills, Tayshaun is like 10 years younger. Go with the kid.

Bob Lanier
06-18-2006, 11:37 AM
since Tayshaun has come into the league he has been a solid defender.

He's probably as good of a defender as Bowen, IMO.
What I'm saying is that he hasn't been even a solid defender for the last two years, and he's nowhere near as good a defender as Bowen is. He was a great defensive player in 03-04, but has been only a shadow of that since Cuban and Colangelo got the league to ban physical perimeter D. Bowen remains effective because of his footwork, intelligence, and quickness, none of which Prince has in abundance.

himat
06-18-2006, 02:56 PM
I'd take Tayshaun over Bowen if I was the Spurs. Tay can play multiple positions. If Tony Parker is making stupid decisions the Spurs could put Tayshaun at the point, and he has way more time to get better.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-18-2006, 03:00 PM
What I'm saying is that he hasn't been even a solid defender for the last two years, and he's nowhere near as good a defender as Bowen is. He was a great defensive player in 03-04, but has been only a shadow of that since Cuban and Colangelo got the league to ban physical perimeter D. Bowen remains effective because of his footwork, intelligence, and quickness, none of which Prince has in abundance.

He's always guarding the other teams best player. He always holds his own.

Even if he's a lesser player than Bowen, he's still a solid defender...better than anyone else we could pick up, and did I mention he's 10 years younger?

zeleni
06-18-2006, 03:16 PM
I have a trade suggestion:

Oberto, Rasho and Brent for Shaq.

DirkAB
06-18-2006, 04:30 PM

Even if he's a lesser player than Bowen, he's still a solid defender...better than anyone else we could pick up, and did I mention he's 10 years younger?

But he's not a lesser player, he's a much better player. Prince has a complete game, he is one of the most complete players in the game. Prince will become a better defender of the years, Bowen wasn't always this good at defense, he developed his defensive prowess. Bowen is an aging two-dimensional player, he plays great defense and can hit wide open threes in the corners. More like 1 1/2 dimensions, for the most part he is a liablility on the offensive end.

Bob Lanier
06-18-2006, 06:41 PM
No, he's not. He almost always guards exclusively 3s. Believe it or not, the Pistons best perimeter defender, and the one who is switched onto problems when necessary, is Rip Hamilton. Furthermore, Prince simply does not "always hold his own".

The offense argument has merit, as does the age argument; Prince is certainly a more balanced scorer and a decade younger - but please don't pretend that Tayshaun Prince (or Chauncey Billups, his "All-Defensive team" partner in crime) is anything special defensively. Bakrid, Prince will be a better defender at some point in the future than Bowen, but so will LeBron James and Dirk Nowitzki - i.e., only because Bruce's legs have fallen off, not because of any particular achievement of their own. The evolution of Prince's defense has been in the opposite direction, and, unlike Bowen, he's not quick or strong enough to become a fantastic defender under the modern rules.

ducks
06-18-2006, 06:45 PM
why is this still on the front page?

Please_dont_ban_me
06-18-2006, 07:25 PM
But he's not a lesser player, he's a much better player. Prince has a complete game, he is one of the most complete players in the game. Prince will become a better defender of the years, Bowen wasn't always this good at defense, he developed his defensive prowess. Bowen is an aging two-dimensional player, he plays great defense and can hit wide open threes in the corners. More like 1 1/2 dimensions, for the most part he is a liablility on the offensive end.

I was just humoring him. "Even if he's a lesser player"...I wasn't saying he actually is a lesser layer.

Bowen has improved his offense. He has decent mid-range game now...but he is not near Tayshaun offensively. Prince can hit the 3, he go glass with that little baseline J. Most importantly he can get to the rim and finish with authority (i.e facials).

Please_dont_ban_me
06-18-2006, 07:27 PM
No, he's not. He almost always guards exclusively 3s. Believe it or not, the Pistons best perimeter defender, and the one who is switched onto problems when necessary, is Rip Hamilton. Furthermore, Prince simply does not "always hold his own".

The offense argument has merit, as does the age argument; Prince is certainly a more balanced scorer and a decade younger - but please don't pretend that Tayshaun Prince (or Chauncey Billups, his "All-Defensive team" partner in crime) is anything special defensively. Bakrid, Prince will be a better defender at some point in the future than Bowen, but so will LeBron James and Dirk Nowitzki - i.e., only because Bruce's legs have fallen off, not because of any particular achievement of their own. The evolution of Prince's defense has been in the opposite direction, and, unlike Bowen, he's not quick or strong enough to become a fantastic defender under the modern rules.

Saying RIP is a good defender is one thing. I'll agree with you, he is.

But calling Tayshaun out for being an average or sub-par defender is ridiculous. The guy's length has always bothered other players, and he can get up to block shots. His feet aren't as quick as Bruce's, but his lengthy and wingspan and knack for making defensive plays more than make up for it.

Not to mention, his offensive game is MUCH better than Bruces. Oh, and the dude is 10 years younger...did I mention that yet?

greens
06-19-2006, 03:38 AM
Saying RIP is a good defender is one thing. I'll agree with you, he is.

But calling Tayshaun out for being an average or sub-par defender is ridiculous. The guy's length has always bothered other players, and he can get up to block shots. His feet aren't as quick as Bruce's, but his lengthy and wingspan and knack for making defensive plays more than make up for it.

Not to mention, his offensive game is MUCH better than Bruces. Oh, and the dude is 10 years younger...did I mention that yet?

Age is only a number...Really, is Bruce showing his age? I think he is the best fit player on the NBA. He shows no signs of slowing down...This season, he was the lead vote getter for the 1st All Defense Team, while Ben Wallace was second...even though he got the DPY...

And did you not see the block that Bruce did on Dirk, a seven footer, that literally gave the Spurs even a small chance to try to win the Dallas series...If it weren't for that fantastic block, we would have been done right then...And in Game 7 of the Finals last year, the block on Chauncey's 3...I mean there was still plenty of time for Pistons to win if that 3 had gone in...The point is that as Pop has said on numerous occasions, without Bruce and his one of a kind defense (on different guys, Kobe, Dirk, Chauncey, Iverson, Rip, etc, huge versatility), we would not have won the last two titles...Even Kobe now freely admits that Bruce is the best defender on him...

No offense to Prince at all because I think he is a terrific player, but it's defense that wins championships, not offense...Prince is rock solid, but without Bowen, the Spurs defense would crumble...The Spurs players, coach, fans, organization, etc all know that very well...He is just as valuable to us as even Tim or Manu or Tony. People never give him enough credit. The stars that have great offense and shoot high numbers get all the media attention and the fans while the players that have amazing defense never do...And as for Bruce's offense, he said on numerous occasions that the Spurs have a "system" and that he knows his role very well in this system, and that's to be the defensive guy, not offensive guy. It's not that he cannot shoot or does not want to shoot, it's that it's not his role to do that. He can shoot those threes anytime...but his main priority is to make sure someone else does not shoot their shots...

zeleni
06-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Bowen needs replacement. He aged and is revealed with Sacramento that he could be controlled with athletic in your body players. His era is coming to an end. Even he is fit, he soon will not be a starter. Finley could be a solution for this problem for about 3 years. What then? We will have 2 aged SFs who have tremendous impact.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Age is only a number...Really, is Bruce showing his age? I think he is the best fit player on the NBA. He shows no signs of slowing down...This season, he was the lead vote getter for the 1st All Defense Team, while Ben Wallace was second...even though he got the DPY...

And did you not see the block that Bruce did on Dirk, a seven footer, that literally gave the Spurs even a small chance to try to win the Dallas series...If it weren't for that fantastic block, we would have been done right then...And in Game 7 of the Finals last year, the block on Chauncey's 3...I mean there was still plenty of time for Pistons to win if that 3 had gone in...The point is that as Pop has said on numerous occasions, without Bruce and his one of a kind defense (on different guys, Kobe, Dirk, Chauncey, Iverson, Rip, etc, huge versatility), we would not have won the last two titles...Even Kobe now freely admits that Bruce is the best defender on him...

No offense to Prince at all because I think he is a terrific player, but it's defense that wins championships, not offense...Prince is rock solid, but without Bowen, the Spurs defense would crumble...The Spurs players, coach, fans, organization, etc all know that very well...He is just as valuable to us as even Tim or Manu or Tony. People never give him enough credit. The stars that have great offense and shoot high numbers get all the media attention and the fans while the players that have amazing defense never do...And as for Bruce's offense, he said on numerous occasions that the Spurs have a "system" and that he knows his role very well in this system, and that's to be the defensive guy, not offensive guy. It's not that he cannot shoot or does not want to shoot, it's that it's not his role to do that. He can shoot those threes anytime...but his main priority is to make sure someone else does not shoot their shots...

Age is just a number? Uh, Bowen has to retire eventually. My guess is that won't be 10 years from now...which is about when Tayshaun will probably retire.

It's not about giving him credit. He's a great player. The fact is, he's getting old. Tayshaun brings more to the table offensively, and he's a solid defender. In fact he's known more for his defense and just chipping in on offense when convenient. You don't need to set up plays for him. Much like Bruce is doing now.

That said, this convo's gay. Tayshaun's not coming here anyways. Detroit would be stupid to let him go.