PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow. USA vs. Italy. Soccer. I demand a damn win!

GrandeDavid
06-16-2006, 07:43 PM
By the Americans...

No excuses and I don't care if Italy technically outmatches the U.S. at virtually every position. Its time for the U.S. to get their due and show some sack. Yes, they made a nice run to the quarterfinals in 2002, yes, they've got some decent young talent, yes, soccer is still a second or third rate sport in America, but I want that to change. Tomorrow is perhaps the most pivotal game in American soccer history. If the Americans lose and get eliminated in the first round, soccer will take an even further backburner role in the rich American professional sports scene. But if the Americans can nut up and find a way to get it done, some kids just might start seeing the light and validity in pursuing a professional career in soccer versus baseball, football or basketball.

I have no doubt that the Americans will show up tomorrow with pure focus and drive, just as will the Italians. It promises to be one hell of a defining moment in this sport in America.

The Americans got BEAT, not rolled, BEAT by a LEGITIMATE #2 team in the freaking world...well, maybe #3 the way Argentina is playing, but the point is the Americans were cold and out of sorts. Besides, after seeing Argentina hand Serbia & Montenegro their asses today 6-0, 3-0 doesn't seem quite as catastrophic as it did a couple days ago.

Team USA has had five days to reflect, spend time at Ramstein with American servicemen and women, for whatever that's worth, and will come out ready to fight.

I love Italy, I've had the pleasure of visiting that country three times, all on business, but I always winged a little vacation time at the tail end. ;)

I love the food, the people, the history. Italy is a marvelous country. But I'll be damned if I don't demand that we beat the Italians tomorrow, take care of business against Ghana and somehow just clear this tough ass draw we've got.

Go USA!

Help this sport get some legit cred back home in the States.

GrandeDavid
06-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Oh, I will be watching the game at my crib with two American buddies (from West Texas) and five Brazilian buddies. We will all be rooting for the gringos to get the job done. My Brazilian brothers promise to bring good luck. We shall see. At least I can say we'll get good and plowed. Cheers!

Dre_7
06-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Is it on ABC? I will be somewhere that doesnt have cable. :(

MaNuMaNiAc
06-16-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm rooting for the US on this one, always liked an underdog :D

GrandeDavid
06-16-2006, 08:02 PM
ManuMania, also I hope you root for the USA out of respect for our Spurs/Manu/Oberto...Scola?....bond. We are brothers of sorts now. We need your support. Argentina, please come into this thread and show some love. You guys are sitting pretty with three World Cups, two NBA championships, an Olympic Gold Medal and a possible future World Championship. Show some brotherhood. Let's get it done tomorrow.

I also love Argentina and am visiting BA with my wife in August. Its gonna be HUGE. I can't wait to ask a cab driver if he likes Manu. So Argentina, Spurs Nation loves you and those of us who give a damn about USA soccer are asking for your support.

But just beware that when you guys end up facing Brazil down the road, I'll root against your asses. ;)

SPARKY
06-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Still kind of funny that the US won the 1st World Cup game ever played. Or that the US was the 1st team to beat England in the World Cup. In any event, the US can redeem itself tomorrow and live up to the hype with a win.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Not gonna happen...

MannyIsGod
06-16-2006, 09:24 PM
In all actuality Dave, I don't think they need to win to accomplish something.

First, I disagree with you on that they just got "beat". They looked lost and didn't show much effort from anyone outside of Claudio Reyna. Outside of the asskicking the Serbs took today, the US played the worst game so far in the WC. I definetly think they have the potential to play to a much higher level but for whatever reason they didn't come out and play.

Now, I think the US must compete. I think they have to actually give themselves more than a few meaningless chances when they are down by 2 or 3 goals. They need to get in there and score a goal or 2. The match cannot be decided early on. The most important aspect of tomorrow's game is that the United States team come out and show heart.

I think that there are going to be some linup changes that will give them a spark. If Eddie Johnson doesn't start, I may fly to Germany and kick Arena's ass myself. I would not be opposed to a benching of Beasley or even Donovan at this point if neither come out and provide anything tomorrow. There are capable players on that bench such as Dempsey and Arena can't be afraid to use them. No one can be untouchable on this team.

We knew coming in that advancing to the round of 16 in this group was going to be a very difficult task for the US. However, I don't think they have to advance to the next round to make this WC a success. They need to compete. Hopefully thats what they do tomorrow.

Ariel
06-17-2006, 12:41 AM
I definetly think they have the potential to play to a much higher level but for whatever reason they didn't come out and play.

Now, I think the US must compete. I think they have to actually give themselves more than a few meaningless chances when they are down by 2 or 3 goals. They need to get in there and score a goal or 2. The match cannot be decided early on. The most important aspect of tomorrow's game is that the United States team come out and show heart.

We knew coming in that advancing to the round of 16 in this group was going to be a very difficult task for the US. However, I don't think they have to advance to the next round to make this WC a success. They need to compete. Hopefully thats what they do tomorrow.
I think that's the way to approach it. You can demand effort and hope for success, but you can't demand success. True fans stand by their team no matter what, otherwise they're just bandwagoners.

Good luck!

MaNuMaNiAc
06-17-2006, 12:53 AM
In all actuality Dave, I don't think they need to win to accomplish something.

First, I disagree with you on that they just got "beat". They looked lost and didn't show much effort from anyone outside of Claudio Reyna. Outside of the asskicking the Serbs took today, the US played the worst game so far in the WC. I definetly think they have the potential to play to a much higher level but for whatever reason they didn't come out and play.

I think that there are going to be some linup changes that will give them a spark. If Eddie Johnson doesn't start, I may fly to Germany and kick Arena's ass myself. I would not be opposed to a benching of Beasley or even Donovan at this point if neither come out and provide anything tomorrow. There are capable players on that bench such as Dempsey and Arena can't be afraid to use them. No one can be untouchable on this team.

:tu

Texas_Ranger
06-17-2006, 01:07 AM
It will be hard to win Italy team, they are great in defense and in quick counter attacks.
2-0 for Italy, sorry US fans.

velik_m
06-17-2006, 01:33 AM
i don't care if USA wins, as long as Italy loses.

NorCal510
06-17-2006, 01:33 AM
who won

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2006, 02:20 AM
itly is goin to win by 3+

Gerryatrics
06-17-2006, 02:59 AM
If the US loses again, I'm rioting. Of course I live in the middle of nowhere so it will just be me walking up and down the street yelling random obscenities. But at any rate, I will be pissed.

Especially if the US is eliminated by the freakin' Italians...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccDyp2aRRCg

Sense
06-17-2006, 03:11 AM
If the US loses again, I'm rioting. Of course I live in the middle of nowhere so it will just be me walking up and down the street yelling random obscenities. But at any rate, I will be pissed.

GL on the streets...

I'm going to be laughing when they lose.

MannyIsGod
06-17-2006, 03:53 AM
Sense, what country are you a citizen of?

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-17-2006, 04:19 AM
If the U.S. DOES manage to pull off the win, will there be a Jonestown-like mass suicide all through Italy?

MannyIsGod
06-17-2006, 04:24 AM
If the US does win today, and if the Czechs win today, I'll become the biggest Czech fan in the history of soccer come Thursday.

themvp
06-17-2006, 05:22 AM
USA 4
ITALY 1

Reality it will be!

SPARKY
06-17-2006, 05:39 AM
A win would be a nice gesture to the Europeans, akin to the one finger raised variety, but if it doesn't happen, well, it's soccer or whatever. The one sport along with field hockey, curling, and cricket which the Old World has a chance of surpassing the US.

MannyIsGod
06-17-2006, 05:42 AM
You may want to add Basketball to that list.

alamo50
06-17-2006, 05:44 AM
Grande, have you been drinking already after Brasil's 1st match?

:lol

SPARKY
06-17-2006, 05:44 AM
You may want to add Basketball to that list.

Only if we keep Richard Jefferson on the national team. Or add Drew Gooden.

velik_m
06-17-2006, 05:56 AM
A win would be a nice gesture to the Europeans, akin to the one finger raised variety, but if it doesn't happen, well, it's soccer or whatever. The one sport along with field hockey, curling, and cricket which the Old World has a chance of surpassing the US.

you forgot ice hockey

GrandeDavid
06-17-2006, 06:58 AM

:lol :lol :lol

Great take!

Manny, I agree that Eddie Johnson MUST start. He obviously is itching to walk the walk, so you gotta get his energy in that game.

F--k Italy's counter attacks and defense. Watch the U.S.'s today.

GrandeDavid
06-17-2006, 07:01 AM
Grande, have you been drinking already after Brasil's 1st match?

:lol

Jurgen, you're just feeling your oats because Nederland not only made it to this year's Cup, but made it out of the first round. Easy, homeboy. The U.S. is still #5 in FIFA rankings. Technically, the U.S. should beat Italy.

Look, I don't really give too much of a damn about soccer. I'm a football, basketball and baseball guy, but I feel for the soccer athletes and would like them to sack up. I'd like to see the sport continue to improve in the U.S. But our great, even good to very good, athletes will probably not get into soccer anytime soon. Still, forward progress, however small, is what I'm looking for.

So, Jurgen, my ole buddy, I haven't been drinking and a win over Italy I will NOT consider an "upset" at all.

GrandeDavid
06-17-2006, 07:08 AM
In truth, if the Spurs were in the Finals right now, I wouldn't even know who was in the World Cup. I guess I'm just bored. At least Roger Clemens will be back with the Astros on June 22nd and Carson Palmer is way ahead of his rehab schedule.

No, but regarding the match today, I'm just talking brash and trying to get myself and others pumped and involved. I love big sporting events, even the UFC I saw up close at Staple's Center. I love the storylines, the pageantry, all that good sh!t. So today's match between the USA and Italy will be intriguing.

We'll see who wins! Or maybe it'll be another thrilling soccer 0-0 draw. Word.

polandprzem
06-17-2006, 07:17 AM
I see USA playing much more better game. In most situations on turnaments it's like ojne bad game, one good game. So I'm predicting this game as being the good one.
But Italy will take this game serious and I don't think Us got a chance to win this one, maybe there will be a draw..... I would bet on a 1:0 Italy.

GrandeDavid
06-17-2006, 09:25 AM
Poland, I hear you, but I am amazed at how that seems to be the take, the total and complete disrespect of FIFA's #5 or #4 team. I repeat, no excuses, the U.S. SHOULD win this fucking game. Fuck history. This is the now.

Extra Stout
06-17-2006, 10:19 AM
GD, are you really taking those FIFA rankings seriously? The U.S. is maybe the 14th or 15th best team in the world, not #5.

polandprzem
06-17-2006, 10:26 AM
GD, are you really taking those FIFA rankings seriously? The U.S. is maybe the 14th or 15th best team in the world, not #5.

Well, if they are they should be in Top16 probabaly :)

Yup This is World championships and USA has got no excusess they MUST to win, and it is probable they will, but Italy seems to be in a good shape and they've got good defense. I do not see Americans beeing that good of a team. Nobody is takeing them seriously in Europe

hendrix
06-17-2006, 10:36 AM
The FIFA ranking USA team at #5 was an obvious attempt to gain attention from american public and media (which would not know that it could never be true). The close ranking of Mexico at #7 (was it #7??... anyways, around that) is just because the punctuation system to favour USA, would logically favour Mexico too.
I can name 10 teams way better than USA and Mexico.
Brazil.
Argentina.
Engaland.
Italy.
Germany.
Spain.
Portugal.
France.
Holland.
Ecuador.
Sweden.
Heck... even Australia is looking better.

Three Lions
06-17-2006, 10:37 AM
You bloody Yanks want everything. Stick to what you know best:

http://www.vintagevantage.com/uploads/rednecks.jpg

David@SLCC
06-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Is anyone watching the pre-game show on ABC? Eric Wynalda and Giorgio Chinaglia (sp?) are going at it. They really don't seem to care for each other's opinions. Pretty funny....

MannyIsGod
06-17-2006, 01:01 PM
I missed that David. Eric and Alexi Lalas went at it a bit the day of the last US game. I like the fire these guys show. I hope Julie Foudy is brought in as well.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-17-2006, 01:19 PM
aah.. yes, thats the attitude you're looking for... "gee, I hope we win... but if we don't, oh well, its just soccer" pfff laughable. Don't be surprised when you don't win shit if you think like that

MaNuMaNiAc
06-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Jurgen, you're just feeling your oats because Nederland not only made it to this year's Cup, but made it out of the first round. Easy, homeboy. The U.S. is still #5 in FIFA rankings. Technically, the U.S. should beat Italy.

Look, I don't really give too much of a damn about soccer. I'm a football, basketball and baseball guy, but I feel for the soccer athletes and would like them to sack up. I'd like to see the sport continue to improve in the U.S. But our great, even good to very good, athletes will probably not get into soccer anytime soon. Still, forward progress, however small, is what I'm looking for.

So, Jurgen, my ole buddy, I haven't been drinking and a win over Italy I will NOT consider an "upset" at all.
Seriously, how you manage to live in Brasil ( the most football crazed nation in the world ) and still be this ignorant about the sport is AMAZING! What do you do? work from inside your house and have the groceries delivered?

Extra Stout
06-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Seriously, how you manage to live in Brasil ( the most football crazed nation in the world ) and still be this ignorant about the sport is AMAZING! What do you do? work from inside your house and have the groceries delivered?
Funny, I live in Houston just like GD and I wasn't aware Brasil had annexed it.

MannyIsGod
06-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Man, fuck Gorgio. This motherfucker is cockier than Mavs fans. What a bitch.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Poland, I hear you, but I am amazed at how that seems to be the take, the total and complete disrespect of FIFA's #5 or #4 team. I repeat, no excuses, the U.S. SHOULD win this fucking game. Fuck history. This is the now.
I don't get it man, I thought among the Americans here, you and Manny were the most knowledgable ones you know, the ones more into the sport. Especially seeing how you live in Brasil no less.

I guessits just Manny now. There is a saying in Argentina that applies here... "Se me cayo in idolo..." http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

MaNuMaNiAc
06-17-2006, 01:25 PM
really? he lives in Houston?? It thought he worked in Brasil... I must be thinking of someone else then

Kori Ellis
06-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Grande David lives and works in Brazil the majority of the time. He grew up in San Antonio. His parents live here and he comes back often. He also went to college at Cincinnati.

ALVAREZ6
06-17-2006, 03:01 PM
This game is fuckin good

MaNuMaNiAc
06-17-2006, 03:14 PM

Grande David lives and works in Brazil the majority of the time. He grew up in San Antonio. His parents live here and he comes back often. He also went to college at Cincinnati.

there you go Extra Stout

alamo50
06-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Jurgen, you're just feeling your oats because Nederland not only made it to this year's Cup, but made it out of the first round

Now I realy do think you have been hitting the bottle!
Holland was expected to get through the 1st round and now we already faced our strongest competition till the semi finals!

P.S.
Bruce Arenas made a fool of himself tonight making those gestures against the red cards. All the red cards in this game were called the right way and I hope that Italian dude won't be allowed to play the entire tournament.

polandprzem
06-17-2006, 05:01 PM

hehe

The instant dictionary :)

Kori's got knowlege on everyone :)

GrandeDavid
06-17-2006, 05:06 PM
I thought the second red card was an especially stupid foul for the Americans to commit. At that point I thought they were in big, big trouble. All things considered, the Americans showed some guts and tenacity and I think that this draw is respectable. Yes, I "demanded" a win, but had I known it'd be 9 against 10 the second half...

sabar
06-17-2006, 05:10 PM
Draw was pretty huge for being down 1 player and with Italy having possession of the ball for most of the second half. At that point we had to step up our defense to hold on to a draw and keep Italy from scoring. US didn't have many chances to score second half.

stefano
06-17-2006, 05:16 PM
orrible match for Italy. Del piero orrible like all the game played in world cup or european cup (98, 00,02,04). De Rossi's foul was a shame, he must apologized with the USA's player

GrandeDavid
06-17-2006, 05:16 PM

ManuMania, I'm not "ignorant" to the sport, and I did not enjoy your comment. Truth is I do know enough about soccer, but I'm trying to have some fun here. And, no, obviously it is not my favorite sport. But that has not stopped me from running a successful business both in Brazil and U.S. and having countless great friendships in and knowledge of Brazil, a wonderful country.

Now, do you want to break down Brazil's chances? Do you want to test my soccer knowledge or lack thereof? Let's do it then! You want to talk legit tactics, I'm all game.

Also, I know you are trying to be cute with your comment, but chill, kid. And obviously you DON'T know jack about Brazil, because while it is the "most football crazed nation in the world" that sentiment comes around only once every couple of years. The rest of the time people are working and making ends meet on a daily basis and are NOT paid to be couch potato fans and most certainly do NOT "work" from inside their houses and have groceries delivered.

I'll say this once to you, and I won't say it again. Dont EVER attempt to insult me like that again.

1. I do not deserve that type of unintelligent, weak-smack bullshit;
2. I did not realize that tagging an Argentina flag below your sig designated you as the resident soccer "expert" around here.

If you want to bring some smack, argue, talk shit, what have you, bring it hard.

GrandeDavid
06-17-2006, 05:21 PM
Now I realy do think you have been hitting the bottle!
Holland was expected to get through the 1st round and now we already faced our strongest competition till the semi finals!

P.S.
Bruce Arenas made a fool of himself tonight making those gestures against the red cards. All the red cards in this game were called the right way and I hope that Italian dude won't be allowed to play the entire tournament.

Jurgen, you and the others can quit with the drinking references already! Damn! :lol

Dude, my point is that NOTHING is guaranteed, and you should be happy that they actually DID do what they were supposed to do...unlike the Spurs. ;)

MaNuMaNiAc
06-17-2006, 05:33 PM
ManuMania, I'm not "ignorant" to the sport, and I did not enjoy your comment. Truth is I do know enough about soccer, but I'm trying to have some fun here. And, no, obviously it is not my favorite sport. But that has not stopped me from running a successful business both in Brazil and U.S. and having countless great friendships in and knowledge of Brazil, a wonderful country.

Now, do you want to break down Brazil's chances? Do you want to test my soccer knowledge or lack thereof? Let's do it then! You want to talk legit tactics, I'm all game.

Also, I know you are trying to be cute with your comment, but chill, kid. And obviously you DON'T know jack about Brazil, because while it is the "most football crazed nation in the world" that sentiment comes around only once every couple of years. The rest of the time people are working and making ends meet on a daily basis and are NOT paid to be couch potato fans and most certainly do NOT "work" from inside their houses and have groceries delivered.

I'll say this once to you, and I won't say it again. Dont EVER attempt to insult me like that again.

1. I do not deserve that type of unintelligent, weak-smack bullshit;
2. I did not realize that tagging an Argentina flag below your sig designated you as the resident soccer "expert" around here.

If you want to bring some smack, argue, talk shit, what have you, bring it hard.
pfff... its hilarious how you're acting all tough and shit on a message board like we're street fighting or something. Give me a break! and yes you are ignorant! 'cause if you weren't you wouldn't be quoting a lame ass ranking that places the US at 5th when in reality they should 15th.

"Don't EVER attempt to insult me like that again"??? pfff... or you'll do what??

For the record, I wasn't trying to insult you, I didn't know being ignorant in football was such an insult to you. Either way, you're laughable if you think all that "chest thumping" you just did , did anything more thatn making you look like an ass http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Buenos Hairys
06-17-2006, 05:35 PM
GRANDE DAVID DICK SUCK

polandprzem
06-17-2006, 05:37 PM
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/images/street_fighter_blanka.jpg

MaNuMaNiAc
06-17-2006, 05:37 PM
GRANDE DAVID DICK SUCK
this is mouse, right? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

GrandeDavid
06-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Acting "tough and shit"? NOW who's kidding? I'm saying don't insult me as a courtesy, not as a threat. Give me a break! I've been around here too long and try to treat others with enough respect to where I don't think I deserve such weak cracks. Get it?

And I may have looked like an ass to you, but did you ever stop to think that was my point? Its all about fun here, so don't go with the street fighting takes, please. Thanks!

Look, this is a thread aimed at fans of American soccer, principally the less-interested ones. It was a rare moment today that the U.S. was involved in such a big match. It was fun! If I offended anyone else, as I evidently did ManuMania, then lighten up, please. Damn. :lol

GrandeDavid
06-17-2006, 05:39 PM
If it is Mouse, I know where he lives. ;)

ha ha

Buenos Hairys
06-17-2006, 05:39 PM
GOOD MAN MANUMANIA IS. SUCK DICK OFTEN HE.

GrandeDavid
06-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Can we get a little help in this thread? :lol

polandprzem
06-17-2006, 05:41 PM
http://www.vgfreak.com/images/screens/sf2.gif

MaNuMaNiAc
06-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Acting "tough and shit"? NOW who's kidding? I'm saying don't insult me as a courtesy, not as a threat. Give me a break! I've been around here too long and try to treat others with enough respect to where I don't think I deserve such weak cracks. Get it?

And I may have looked like an ass to you, but did you ever stop to think that was my point? Its all about fun here, so don't go with the street fighting takes, please. Thanks!

Look, this is a thread aimed at fans of American soccer, principally the less-interested ones. It was a rare moment today that the U.S. was involved in such a big match. It was fun! If I offended anyone else, as I evidently did ManuMania, then lighten up, please. Damn. :lol
I'm not offended, and if I offended you, then perhaps you are right, I shouldn't have called you ignorant.

Seriously though, level with me here, did you really mean this??

if you were kidding, then yeah I was wrong, and I apologize

GrandeDavid
06-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Brother, I'm just having fun with you. You should know that. ;)

Of course I didnt' MEAN that in a literal sense, but what I was trying to say is that "technically", if one goes by FIFA rankings, then the U.S. is the higher ranked team and judging by that should win. On the other hand, in reality, I know that Italy plays tougher teams than Costa Rica, Guatemala, etc. in C"ONCACAF. :lol

Again, the point of this thread was to stir the pot a bit.

And I shouldn't have gotten so hot-headed at your comment, but again, its all in fun.

Now, I look forward to seeing you in the Octagon. ;)

MaNuMaNiAc
06-17-2006, 05:56 PM
Brother, I'm just having fun with you. You should know that. ;)

Of course I didnt' MEAN that in a literal sense, but what I was trying to say is that "technically", if one goes by FIFA rankings, then the U.S. is the higher ranked team and judging by that should win. On the other hand, in reality, I know that Italy plays tougher teams than Costa Rica, Guatemala, etc. in C"ONCACAF. :lol

Again, the point of this thread was to stir the pot a bit.

And I shouldn't have gotten so hot-headed at your comment, but again, its all in fun.

Now, I look forward to seeing you in the Octagon. ;)
I see, then I apologize profusely, I jumped to conclusions

GrandeDavid
06-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Having said that, I thought the U.S. played with guts and tenacity, but those red cards...damn! Not very smart and indicative of an inexperienced team. Oh well, at least the Americans didn't show the world their asses tonight!

Truth be told, with or without the U.S., I can't wait till the big eliminatory matches come, when we get to see teams like Argentina, Brazil, England, the Netherlands, Germany, etc. square off. That's gonna be awesome!

GrandeDavid
06-17-2006, 06:19 PM
Kori, I lied about my undergraduate education, though. My alma mater is actually Duke, where I starred in Lacrosse. Okay, tasteless joke! :lol

alamo50
06-18-2006, 02:35 AM
Dude, my point is that NOTHING is guaranteed, and you should be happy that they actually DID do what they were supposed to do...unlike the Spurs. ;)

Got it!
I hope Brasil will do what they are supposed to do tonight vs. the socceroos and start playing the damn samba!!!
Although I am slightly pulling for the Aussies because of Guus offcouse.
If they manage to play a draw he will be bigger than God.......seriously.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-18-2006, 03:39 AM
I'm all for the underdog story, but Brasil is going to wipe the floor with the Aussies. Look for yet another rout as Brasil sends a message.

GrandeDavid
06-19-2006, 11:52 AM
The great matches are to come. All I can say is I'm completely psyched about the U.S. saving face, the Netherlands and Brasil advancing, Argentina as well.

alamo50
06-19-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm all for the underdog story, but Brasil is going to wipe the floor with the Aussies. Look for yet another rout as Brasil sends a message.

If you wipe the floor or deliver a message like that, than you will never get a job MM.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-19-2006, 02:37 PM
If you wipe the floor or deliver a message like that, than you will never get a job MM.

nah, see, you've seen how us Argies "wipe the floor", and you'll see it again on Wednesday :D

alamo50
06-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Yes, I count on a loss in a meaningless game without Robben and some others.

Happy celebrating!

:spin

But seriously, I hope we will meet again later on.
I wanna see how Holland does vs. the best team in the world at the moment when it realy mathers.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-19-2006, 02:58 PM
our team is playing reserves as well so I don't know why you're giving up already. I think its going to be a good match. I say 2-1 Argentina wins, but I'm a homer :lol

Phenomanul
06-19-2006, 03:20 PM
The Holland-Argentina match will have implications on the Portugal-Mexico game... book it.

NASpurs
06-19-2006, 03:34 PM
:lol wrong thread

alamo50
06-19-2006, 03:37 PM
I haven't given up, I am dissapointed the game doesn't mather so we most likely will lose.

alamo50
06-19-2006, 03:41 PM
The Holland-Argentina match will have implications on the Portugal-Mexico game... book it.

Not at all.
Neither Mexico nor Portugal will be able to beat Holland and Argentina.

I would prefer to meet Portugal because of the tougher competition to grow towards the quarter finals.

Phenomanul
06-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Not at all.
Neither Mexico nor Portugal will be able to beat Holland and Argentina.

I would prefer to meet Portugal because of the tougher competition to grow towards the quarter finals.

Be careful what you wish for.... That game Mexico played against Holland about three weeks ago was reserves vs. reserves... and Holland did not play well despite winning 2-1.

And Portugal is a team on the rise...

alamo50
06-19-2006, 04:20 PM
our team is playing reserves as well so I don't know why you're giving up already. I think its going to be a good match. I say 2-1 Argentina wins, but I'm a homer :lol

Oh ok, if you are playing your reserves too than we can still kick your ass.
It's still gonna be a great match, just not as great as it should have been.

:smokin

Phenomanul
06-19-2006, 04:21 PM
holland IS the greatest country in europe...i hope they win

A true liberal's dream.... right???

MaNuMaNiAc
06-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Oh ok, if you are playing your reserves too than we can still kick your ass.
It's still gonna be a great match, just not as great as it should have been.

:smokin
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif I don't think so buddy, our bench includes Gabriel Milito, Coloccini, Aimar, Messi, Tevez, Julito Cruz... suffice to say we've got more than enough to wax that ass :tu

Spurologist
06-19-2006, 05:53 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif I don't think so buddy, our bench includes Gabriel Milito, Coloccini, Aimar, Messi, Tevez, Julito Cruz... suffice to say we've got more than enough to wax that ass :tu

They need more time on the field. That is all.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-19-2006, 08:26 PM
They need more time on the field. That is all.
they'lll get it on Wednesday, against Holland no less

MaNuMaNiAc
06-19-2006, 08:59 PM
argentina is going to make it to semis but then is going to choke

sorry man
:lmao yes, because your football knowledge is neverending right? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif