PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up with all these trade Parker threads??

lebomb
06-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Dude is young and is in the top 5 in the league as a point guard..........learn something about basketball......he is way to valuable to trade. :rolleyes

Just look at the teams that dumped Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, Steve Nash, .....they are all wondering what the hell they were thinking.

DubMcDub
06-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Ya that last team to dump Steve Nash sure fell into oblivion after that....

*edit* Not saying Spurs should trade Parker though. Just think that's a bad example.

Trainwreck2100
06-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Look at what steve nash did when he left. He said they wondered what the hell they were thinking.

exstatic
06-16-2006, 10:29 PM
Ya that last team to dump Steve Nash sure fell into oblivion after that....

*edit* Not saying Spurs should trade Parker though. Just think that's a bad example.
I think he may have been referring to his drafting team, the Suns.

SPARKY
06-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Dude is young and is in the top 5 in the league as a point guard..........learn something about basketball......he is way to valuable to trade. :rolleyes

Just look at the teams that dumped Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, Steve Nash, .....they are all wondering what the hell they were thinking.

It's the offseason. If Spurs fans weren't trading Parker I'd be concerned. Almost.

MissAllThat
06-18-2006, 01:29 AM

The Spurs didn't win the NBA Championship this year. In Spurs fan terms, that means everyone on the team is worthy of being involved in a trade scenario, except maybe Tim Duncan, but since this is only the internet, he may be trade-worthy also. Not to mention that since the Spurs lost, they should also fire Pop. Most of this will die down as we get past the draft and into the free agency period. Then there will be talk of actual deals that are being rumored around the league as opposed to the casual fans dream scenarios.

SPARKY
06-18-2006, 01:31 AM
um, Spurs fans have traded TP after championships as well.

T Park
06-18-2006, 01:39 AM
Spurs fans have had him on the boat out of town after 02,03,04,05.

Really well versed and intelligent fans.

MissAllThat
06-18-2006, 01:54 AM
um, Spurs fans have traded TP after championships as well.

Sadly, this is true. Although now they're trading Manu also.

Kori Ellis
06-18-2006, 03:09 AM
In the past few months Spurs fans have wanted to trade Tim, Tony, Manu and Bruce.

Idiots.

SA Gunslinger
06-18-2006, 05:08 AM
I don't want TP to be traded but Tim's prime years are almost done. TD deserves the best possible team to be assembled around him.

If it improves the team, I would trade anyone not named Tim Duncan.

gregpschneid
06-18-2006, 09:22 AM
TP=great in regular season=choker in post season

His decision making is terrible.

himat
06-18-2006, 09:28 AM
Some people in Detroit are starting to say trade Chauncey Billups too. I keep telling them that Chauncey had a poor postseason because he started averaging around 40mpg after Carlos Arroyo was traded. His wheels fell off and the team fell because they had no bench. Rasheed was injured, but he was also injured in the indy series in 04, but the Pistons had and used a bench. How much better can you get than Chauncey? You want Nash? To me he's in a situation where it's perfect for him if he came here he'd be in a group thats more of a halfcort than fastbreak team and the teams defense would be a lot worse. Chauncey is an elite point gaurd and you can't just trade the guy. As for Tony Parker I've seen threads like trade him for Kirilenko. You forget that there is another GM involved and he won't just trade his franchise player.

kskonn
06-18-2006, 06:46 PM

yea the suns, and Mavs are hating life right now, they both suck!!! Well and the hawks they were floating in the middle of nowhere before they traded terry.

kskonn
06-18-2006, 06:47 PM
TP=great in regular season=choker in post season

His decision making is terrible.

yea he realy choked this year in the playoffs, he was only our second leading scorer.

TMTTRIO
06-18-2006, 06:59 PM
actually I've seen a lot more trade Manu threads everywhere all over the place (not necessarily all on this forum) but others too.

mavsfan1000
06-18-2006, 07:11 PM
I think it is Parker's time to get traded. He has worn out his welcome with spurs fans by constantly choking in every playoff series. If it wasn't for Manu and Duncan stepping up their game the mavs would've won in 5 or 6.

exstatic
06-18-2006, 07:15 PM
I think it is Parker's time to get traded. He has worn out his welcome with spurs fans by constantly choking in every playoff series. If it wasn't for Manu and Duncan stepping up their game the mavs would've won in 5 or 6.
That seals it. He stays. If Mavtrash thinks he should go, he stays.

mavsfan1000
06-18-2006, 07:46 PM
Parker doesn't fit the system that Popovich wants. Parker is unable to hit a 3 and the inside-out game is based a ton on making outside shots.

Spurologist
06-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Parker doesn't fit the system that Popovich wants. Parker is unable to hit a 3 and the inside-out game is based a ton on making outside shots.

Dirk doesn't fit into Avery's system either. He's a pussy jump shooter who lacks toughness and any defensive ability.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/2555/walkerdirkstats6qm.jpg

adidas11
06-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Let's get this straight people. There are very few, if any "elite" point guards in the NBA today. Jason Kidd (depending on this health, but he's also past his prime), and apparently Steve Nash. Other point guards that can be considered borderline all star talent are the likes of Chauncey Billups, and Tony Parker. It would make no sense for the Spurs to trade Parker, unless they could get a superior point guard in return. And there really aren't any available ones out there at the moment.

Besides, having an "elite" point guard is definitely not a requirement to win championships. Really, the last "elite" point guard to win a title was Magic Johnson in 1988 (if you consider that Isaiah Thomas toned down his game during the Pistons 1989 and 1990 title runs). Just have someone who is effective in your offensive and defensive schemes, doesn't turnover the ball, and can help the team effectively manage full court pressure from the opposition. Look at the development of Jason Terry and Jason Williams for references.

T Park
06-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Uhhh, Laker fan making more sense, than Spur fan?

Im crawling into the bunker, its apocolypse time.

rasho8
06-19-2006, 12:49 AM
Fuck that... put Beno in... when Tony is tired that is.
Cause as much as I talk trash... TP is a great fucking PG

Buddy Holly
06-19-2006, 02:03 AM
Tony > Most every other 1.